Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket 21:11 - Mar 19 with 23763 viewssandy_dale

Announcement tomorrow regarding season tickets for 17/18
Season ticket on 21:26 - Mar 19 with 10819 viewsboromat

It's been discussed and hyped up quite a lot hoping peoples expectations aren't too high.

Looking forward to seeing what's on offer.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season ticket on 21:59 - Mar 19 with 10740 viewsDaleiLama

Season ticket on 21:26 - Mar 19 by boromat

It's been discussed and hyped up quite a lot hoping peoples expectations aren't too high.

Looking forward to seeing what's on offer.

Just over 2400 Daleys there yesterday - ~1800 of whom are ST holders.

Personally, I think that says more about what needs to be done than offering £1 entry to a Tuesday night game (even accounting for ST holders who were no-shows). Quite a few folk might go to a £1 game as a one off because they had nothing better to do on the night, but might never bother with a ST anyway.

Just a guess, but anything over £150 will not boost crowd numbers significantly. In terms of expectation, as we saw this year, every fan has a price they will pay, and plenty declined when prices came out. My concern is for the club. I hope they don't price it at a level where take-up falls short of the target. I suspect another half ST undercutting the full ST price by way of playing catch-up would be even less well received this year.

As you say, let's see.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season ticket on 06:44 - Mar 20 with 10555 viewsrochedale

You've got to hope it's a similar scheme to what Hartlepool did a few years back. £100 deposit, sell over 4000 - no additional charge. Between 3-4000 an extra £50, 2-3000 £100, 1-2000 £150. All under 11's FOC (no Admin fee), 11-18 (+soap dodgers and OAP's) £50. For me that would be the best chance of significantly increasing numbers and possibly the only opportunity the club will have to offer something similar with the SH money in the bank. Don't think it will be quite as extreme but certainly looking forward to finding out...

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Season ticket on 07:15 - Mar 20 with 10504 viewsSaxonDale

Potentially a fantastic offer. Very ambitious targets but let's get selling and advertising them as the price will surely attract a fair few,

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/2017-18-season-ticket-detai
Season ticket on 07:21 - Mar 20 with 10473 viewsBartRowou

This bit could've been worded so much better:

As a gesture to current season ticket holders, if you purchased during the Special Promotion Period last year you will have the option to redeem your Money Off voucher against your 2017/18 season ticket. However the vouchers were issued in good faith prior to our great new initiative and whilst we will of course honour the discount, we would prefer you to redeem this for VIP dining experience next season.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Season ticket on 07:31 - Mar 20 with 10423 viewsrochedale

Fantastic offer, well done Dale. The club have done their bit, now time to do ours and get sharing.

Season ticket on 07:45 - Mar 20 with 10355 viewsdalefan

Fantastic offer. Potentially less than £5 per game.
That's fabulous value especially when you consider what Keith and the team are offering. It could even be championship football
Season ticket on 07:49 - Mar 20 with 10327 viewsDale2017

The board have done their bit and offered a fantastic offer, now it's down to the fans to buy into this and help promote to those who aren't regulars and get bums on seats.
Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket on 07:57 - Mar 20 with 10274 viewsDaleiLama

One way to look at this is if the 4k target is met, it works out you make money by going to 7 games in the Sandy, 6 in the TDS and break even on 5 in the Main versus potd. Surely priced to attract floaters and bloody well ought to. Time'll tell. Well done RAFC for putting it out there and issuing the challenge.

Season ticket on 08:09 - Mar 20 with 10208 viewsSandyDrum

This is going to sound very negative but i think its the truth.

I think we all know deep down we will not sell 4000 season tickets.
If the offer had been £110 season tickets no matter what, we probably might have managed around 3500.

Unfortunately we live in a town where the majority of people don't care about the football team, it would hCe taken something special to shift 4000.

I don't think any ifs, buts or maybes will help at all and we might struggle here.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Season ticket on 08:09 - Mar 20 with 10203 viewsisitme

An interesting idea and I applaud Russ Green for trying something different, although I am skeptical as to how successful it will be (hope I am proven very wrong though!),

If we do not sell over 2,000 adult season tickets (which we have never done before) then some people will find themselves having paid a non refundable deposit of £50 for something they may not now be able to afford to pay for in a lump sum, especially if they are buying a few adult tickets as they expected the price to be much lower. This could make people a bit weary in the first place or may end up causing resentment towards the club . The article does not even state what the season ticket price will be if a minimum of 2,000 adult season tickets are not sold. Again this might cause uncertainty and prevent people from buying them as they are unsure how much they could end up paying.

Another issue that I have is that people are dependent on others to reduce the price of their season ticket, which is something they have no control over.

Again, I agree it is creative thinking, but more certainty would have been created with a set price point of around £200. I would also suggest a review your seat opportunity a week after the price lock down as some people who end up with a nasty shock and do not end up buying a season ticket may have reserved 'better seats' that now become available. Also are there any going to be any vouchers with the season tickets like previous seasons?

It will be interesting to hear what other people think of this initiative. I buy a season ticket anyway so this does not affect me that much.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 8:11]
Season ticket on 08:17 - Mar 20 with 10164 viewsKenBoon

This could just work. £150 for 3,000 is achievable. My biggest concerns are an apparent loss of the 17-21 price bracket (was this just for individual tickets or also season tickets) and this sort of thing needs to be a long term plan and not a one season deal. These deals generally come with a large increase to matchday ticket prices, which leaves a bad taste but does encourage locals to dig deep. Folk have 3 months to save up.
Season ticket on 08:17 - Mar 20 with 10164 viewsSandyDrum

Season ticket on 08:09 - Mar 20 by isitme

An interesting idea and I applaud Russ Green for trying something different, although I am skeptical as to how successful it will be (hope I am proven very wrong though!),

If we do not sell over 2,000 adult season tickets (which we have never done before) then some people will find themselves having paid a non refundable deposit of £50 for something they may not now be able to afford to pay for in a lump sum, especially if they are buying a few adult tickets as they expected the price to be much lower. This could make people a bit weary in the first place or may end up causing resentment towards the club . The article does not even state what the season ticket price will be if a minimum of 2,000 adult season tickets are not sold. Again this might cause uncertainty and prevent people from buying them as they are unsure how much they could end up paying.

Another issue that I have is that people are dependent on others to reduce the price of their season ticket, which is something they have no control over.

Again, I agree it is creative thinking, but more certainty would have been created with a set price point of around £200. I would also suggest a review your seat opportunity a week after the price lock down as some people who end up with a nasty shock and do not end up buying a season ticket may have reserved 'better seats' that now become available. Also are there any going to be any vouchers with the season tickets like previous seasons?

It will be interesting to hear what other people think of this initiative. I buy a season ticket anyway so this does not affect me that much.

I agree completely.

I would love a season ticket at £110 and that's an affordable amount to pay out in one go. Well it would only be £60 after the deposit.

However i can't afford to run the risk of us not even selling 2000 and losing my £50 deposit because i can't afford to pay out £279 (i think?) In one go.

There are way too many uncontrollable variables to make this work. Nice to see initiative used though.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Season ticket on 08:18 - Mar 20 with 10153 viewsDaleiLama

No doubt this is designed as win-win for the club. I would have much preferred a flat price of 150 or even 110 regardless of numbers to really find out what demand is.

It does state in the article if <2k sold, tickets remain at current levels.

Season ticket on 08:19 - Mar 20 with 10144 viewsrochedale

I get your points, but I think the reason the club have gone this route, rather than a set 'low price' is to encourage the fans to market the hell out of it, kind of like an affiliate scheme. I actually think we will shift 4000, but it's down to us as fans to share and encourage those premier league arm chair fans to take up the offer of live football.

Season ticket on 08:23 - Mar 20 with 10108 viewsDaley_Lama

The article DOES state what the price is if 2000 not achieved.

Same price as this season.

Poll: DF in or out

Season ticket on 08:23 - Mar 20 with 10107 viewsaleanddale

Well now is the time...

4000 is a huge ask but with some promotion and enthusiasm it could be achieved.

It would need all the floaters ( plus others! ) who might attend 6 games to buy a ticket up front and have an option to attend 23.

That's 17 free games!!!

4000 home fans at Spotland week in week out really would be a dream come true!!

Who is responsible for the radio / newspaper / social media campaign to capture hearts and minds?

If every current ST holder persuaded ONE newbie then we might have a chance.
Season ticket on 08:25 - Mar 20 with 10090 viewsDaley_Lama

Season ticket on 08:17 - Mar 20 by SandyDrum

I agree completely.

I would love a season ticket at £110 and that's an affordable amount to pay out in one go. Well it would only be £60 after the deposit.

However i can't afford to run the risk of us not even selling 2000 and losing my £50 deposit because i can't afford to pay out £279 (i think?) In one go.

There are way too many uncontrollable variables to make this work. Nice to see initiative used though.

You could wait until late on to see how sales are going.

If with a week to go 2345 have been sold, you will know more likely your potential outlay.

Poll: DF in or out

Season ticket on 08:30 - Mar 20 with 10053 viewsDaleiLama

Season ticket on 08:25 - Mar 20 by Daley_Lama

You could wait until late on to see how sales are going.

If with a week to go 2345 have been sold, you will know more likely your potential outlay.

I suspect a lot who are borderline might do that and that's a potential pitfall where it might unravel a bit. The offer relies on a lot of people taking a leap of faith. As Clint Eastwood said 'you feeling lucky punk?'
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 8:32]

Season ticket on 08:35 - Mar 20 with 10007 viewsDaleFan7

It's good to see the club trying something and a good idea hypothetically.

However, there's too much unknown. How many 'floaters' are going to effectively gamble £50 on the off chance we will sell 4,000 tickets? I can't see it myself. Saying that, I don't think we'd get 4,000 ST holders at fixed price of £110-150.

Hope I'm very wrong! I'll be buying one regardless.
Season ticket on 08:59 - Mar 20 with 9909 viewsPDIDDY

Before our game v brizzle rovers I put the exact idea forward about season tickets but it didn't go down too well, fair play to Dale, hope you sell the 4K

Gissa job

Season ticket on 09:10 - Mar 20 with 9865 viewsaleanddale

Season ticket on 08:59 - Mar 20 by PDIDDY

Before our game v brizzle rovers I put the exact idea forward about season tickets but it didn't go down too well, fair play to Dale, hope you sell the 4K

cheers Didds.

big ask but glad we are at least trying ( a big bug bear previously that we tried Nowt )

long way to go.

on reflection maybe a flat £150 come and get me offer might have had less risk for punters and proved more attractive its a really tough one to call.

I guess we need a blue peter style totalizer!
Season ticket on 09:11 - Mar 20 with 9855 views1907

Guys lets focus on the positives of this offer and try our best, as the loyal hard-core, to actively encourage & promote this to as many people as possible.

This morning I have already sent this link to almost every football fan in my phonebook and had some really positive responses.

The club have done their bit & need to continue doing their bit by promoting the hell out of the offer.

Social media needs to be utilised to its maximum potential which is something the club is getting better & better at.

I have full faith in Russ that he knows what he is doing & has a plan in place to achieve the desired numbers.

This is a sales project, yes we have an ambitious target but anything is possible. Lets get off to a good start today, which is day 1 of the project.

UTD!
Season ticket on 09:16 - Mar 20 with 9814 viewsPDIDDY

Season ticket on 09:10 - Mar 20 by aleanddale

cheers Didds.

big ask but glad we are at least trying ( a big bug bear previously that we tried Nowt )

long way to go.

on reflection maybe a flat £150 come and get me offer might have had less risk for punters and proved more attractive its a really tough one to call.

I guess we need a blue peter style totalizer!

Hartlepool managed it, similar size club but obviously not the same amount of clubs we have to contend with.

Gissa job

Season ticket on 09:21 - Mar 20 with 9795 viewsisitme

Season ticket on 08:23 - Mar 20 by Daley_Lama

The article DOES state what the price is if 2000 not achieved.

Same price as this season.

Which if you are a supporter who is interested in maybe buying season tickets for the first time, or a lapsed season ticket holder, you may not know how much that is.

I bought a season ticket last year but off the top of my head have no idea how much I paid. I assume this initiative is aimed, quite rightly at attracting new season ticket holders so they should be presented with the full facts about how much they may have to pay.

It would be lovely if we all only end up paying £110!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024