Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the pitch 13:00 - Apr 25 with 17327 viewsRblockPrior

Really hope we don't have hundreds of fans trying to get on the pitch at the end of the game on Saturday, never understood doing it when we have had a bang average season and it also delays the players coming out on their lap of the stadium.

If we win the league or get promoted I could understand but it is not needed sat, although I have no doubt there will be plenty who try and succeed

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

On the pitch on 20:03 - Apr 25 with 3619 viewsBlackCrowe

I'll be scarpering straight at the final whistle, somewhat relieved to get a fairly miserable, flat season out of the way.

If this season was a band, it'd be Coldplay.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

On the pitch on 02:08 - Apr 26 with 3490 viewstimcocking

If youngsters want to have a run on the pitch, let them. Big deal. No harm done. Just another example of how fcuking boring our 'leaders' are in Britain.

I always laugh at the people who say "oh it's not cool to wear a shirt, it's not cool to run on the pitch". That's just being a sheep. Don't let other people decide for you what is or isn't cool.
On the pitch on 03:47 - Apr 26 with 3478 viewsBoston

I’ve been on the pitch twice, both times in the early / mid 70’s.. Once with half a dozen Chelsea after me, the other also rather short lived as The Loft fronting Leeds didn’t work out as planned.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

On the pitch on 07:24 - Apr 26 with 3419 viewsdistortR

On the pitch on 02:08 - Apr 26 by timcocking

If youngsters want to have a run on the pitch, let them. Big deal. No harm done. Just another example of how fcuking boring our 'leaders' are in Britain.

I always laugh at the people who say "oh it's not cool to wear a shirt, it's not cool to run on the pitch". That's just being a sheep. Don't let other people decide for you what is or isn't cool.

Yeah, I understand the need not to get on the pitch because of the needless threats of those old, grey control freaks in the fa, but the tone here is a bit sanctimonious.
On the pitch on 07:50 - Apr 26 with 3390 viewsizlingtonhoop

On the pitch on 07:24 - Apr 26 by distortR

Yeah, I understand the need not to get on the pitch because of the needless threats of those old, grey control freaks in the fa, but the tone here is a bit sanctimonious.

And some!!
On the pitch on 08:25 - Apr 26 with 3350 viewsdavman

On the pitch on 18:06 - Apr 25 by daveB

been at least these 3 articles/videos to try and explain it. All have be met with abuse towards the club on social media and comments such as you won't stop me it's tradition

I know kids want to go on, mine does but I just told him if he goes on he has to give the club all of his pocket money and he said he didn't want to go on anymore. Simple really

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/holloway-keen-to-show-appreciation-to-r-s-f

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-v-birmingham-city-lap-of-appreciation-r

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/qpr-business-with-lee-hoos-april/

Spot on Dave.

I listened to the podcast on the way home from work last night and one of the correspondents simply amazed me. He has a 12 and 14 year old, who want to go on the pitch and he said "what can I do to stop them?" Being a parent would be a start; Dave's approach is one of many you could take. Mine is to talk to my son, explain that it is pointless, that the club will get into trouble and that it is not worth it. Lucky me, my son will do as he is told - I must be a pretty amazing parent, eh?

It really isn't rocket science.

We all may think "what's the harm", but that has been spelt out to us unless we just don't want to listen...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

On the pitch on 09:11 - Apr 26 with 3314 viewskingsburyR

Once ever for me (well since I turned 16 anyway) which was the Leeds game.

Lap of honour was well over and there were only a few 100 left in the stands when I popped over the loft wall, grabbed some grass to commemorate the big day and popped back into the stands and down to the Adeladie. I still have the grass in a cufflink box and its still green (and white as I took it off between the sticks). Lap of honour never made it to Mu due to the idiots o the pitch.

That was some session after that game. The Uxbridge Road was rocking. Ended up bladdered in Kilburn for some random reason!

F

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

On the pitch on 09:34 - Apr 26 with 3289 viewsrobith

On the pitch on 20:03 - Apr 25 by BlackCrowe

I'll be scarpering straight at the final whistle, somewhat relieved to get a fairly miserable, flat season out of the way.

If this season was a band, it'd be Coldplay.

Nah mate, Coldplay are successful
Login to get fewer ads

On the pitch on 09:36 - Apr 26 with 3282 viewsrobith

On the pitch on 09:11 - Apr 26 by kingsburyR

Once ever for me (well since I turned 16 anyway) which was the Leeds game.

Lap of honour was well over and there were only a few 100 left in the stands when I popped over the loft wall, grabbed some grass to commemorate the big day and popped back into the stands and down to the Adeladie. I still have the grass in a cufflink box and its still green (and white as I took it off between the sticks). Lap of honour never made it to Mu due to the idiots o the pitch.

That was some session after that game. The Uxbridge Road was rocking. Ended up bladdered in Kilburn for some random reason!

F

Reminds me I bumped into a guy that day on Shepherd's Bush Green who had torn his seat out and taken it with him to commemorate the day
On the pitch on 10:07 - Apr 26 with 3248 viewsizlingtonhoop

On the pitch on 09:36 - Apr 26 by robith

Reminds me I bumped into a guy that day on Shepherd's Bush Green who had torn his seat out and taken it with him to commemorate the day

Tearing up swathes of sand strewn greengrocers' plastic grass, with plod on Dobbin throwing their weight around at the end of one season seemed like great and naughty fun. I was merely observing of course...
On the pitch on 11:02 - Apr 26 with 3198 viewsStanisgod

On the pitch on 08:25 - Apr 26 by davman

Spot on Dave.

I listened to the podcast on the way home from work last night and one of the correspondents simply amazed me. He has a 12 and 14 year old, who want to go on the pitch and he said "what can I do to stop them?" Being a parent would be a start; Dave's approach is one of many you could take. Mine is to talk to my son, explain that it is pointless, that the club will get into trouble and that it is not worth it. Lucky me, my son will do as he is told - I must be a pretty amazing parent, eh?

It really isn't rocket science.

We all may think "what's the harm", but that has been spelt out to us unless we just don't want to listen...

Davman, unfortunately some people are just too thick or ignorant to listen. It's a social problem these days that people don't like being told what to do even if it's for their own good.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

On the pitch on 12:14 - Apr 26 with 3145 viewsR_from_afar

On the pitch on 15:06 - Apr 25 by RBlock

Land mines, barbed wire, a moat filled with alligators etc.etc.

What a massive overreaction! None of that is needed, just roll a football onto the pitch then unleash Samba Diakite

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

On the pitch on 13:01 - Apr 26 with 3093 viewsLongsufferingR

If there's a big fine threatened, once the pitch invaders are on the pitch, surround them and only let them go when they've paid their share of the fine.
On the pitch on 14:23 - Apr 26 with 3013 viewsMatch82

On the pitch on 02:08 - Apr 26 by timcocking

In theory I agree. But "no harm done" in this case isn't really true, the harm is that we will get hit with a fine, which we can't afford.
On the pitch on 14:27 - Apr 26 with 3004 viewsNorthernr

On the pitch on 14:23 - Apr 26 by Match82

In theory I agree. But "no harm done" in this case isn't really true, the harm is that we will get hit with a fine, which we can't afford.

And they fence the front three rows off for the last game of next season which costs us more money and, best case scenario, sees loads of season ticket holders having to move or, worst case, the game actually means something and we're playing with reduced capacity, reduced atmosphere and loads of people who want tickets locked out. Remember the bleating on here about that fcking Leeds game and multiply that.
On the pitch on 14:28 - Apr 26 with 3002 viewsNorthernr

On the pitch on 13:01 - Apr 26 by LongsufferingR

If there's a big fine threatened, once the pitch invaders are on the pitch, surround them and only let them go when they've paid their share of the fine.

When Hoos was at Burnley their fans tore some seats up and chucked them at the away end during a particularly heated exchange. Hoos added up how much it cost to replace the seats, divided it by the number of tickets sold, and put the prices up for the same fixture the following season by that amount
On the pitch on 14:35 - Apr 26 with 2974 viewsDorse

I reckon that everyone should invade Warren Farm instead. An impromtu flash mob / drunken BBQ. What could go wrong?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

On the pitch on 18:41 - Apr 26 with 2893 viewsPinnerPaul

On the pitch on 13:56 - Apr 25 by Northernr

Whether you like it or not, embarrassed by it or not, think it's tradition or not, is all irrelevant this week. They've been told in no uncertain terms it will be a big fine and a possible reduction in capacity for this game next season if it happens, so everybody should keep off regardless of how they feel about it.

but FA 'looked' at pitch invasion by Man City fans last weekend and have decided no further action is required.

Not really fair is it?
On the pitch on 18:44 - Apr 26 with 2892 viewsPinnerPaul

On the pitch on 16:59 - Apr 25 by Northernr

They will do. You'll be sick of hearing it.

Made announcements at last home game as well!
On the pitch on 18:54 - Apr 26 with 2877 viewsHarbour

On the pitch on 14:28 - Apr 26 by Northernr

When Hoos was at Burnley their fans tore some seats up and chucked them at the away end during a particularly heated exchange. Hoos added up how much it cost to replace the seats, divided it by the number of tickets sold, and put the prices up for the same fixture the following season by that amount

The more I hear about Hoos the more I like him. If the idiots go on the pitch and we get fined no doubt ticket prices may go up next season even if only for certain games. Bottom line a fine is the last thing we need just so a few Herbert’s can run on the pitch to make d&%cks of themselves.
On the pitch on 19:07 - Apr 26 with 2863 viewsBoston

On the pitch on 14:28 - Apr 26 by Northernr

Was it in ‘85 that some of those rascals in C-Mob ripped out seats at the back of A and lumped ‘em at the Ipswich over in the School End? We’d lost at home and I figure they were in a ‘vowel mood’!
[Post edited 26 Apr 2018 19:12]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

On the pitch on 20:33 - Apr 26 with 2802 viewsTripleR

On the pitch on 18:44 - Apr 26 by PinnerPaul

Made announcements at last home game as well!

This was meant as a reply to Northern's " you'll be sick of hearing it"

Not where I sit.
The tannoy system is totally useless up in G block.
We often ask "who's that" when the Forever R's players are introduced onto the pitch. Its such a shame when we can't hear the interviews.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2018 20:35]
On the pitch on 20:57 - Apr 26 with 2770 viewsdaveB

On the pitch on 18:41 - Apr 26 by PinnerPaul

but FA 'looked' at pitch invasion by Man City fans last weekend and have decided no further action is required.

Not really fair is it?

They had just won the league and don't do it every season no matter where they finish so no wonder nothing was done. All seems fair to me, clubs who win the league and promotion or stay up a blind eye is turned to it. Fans running on for no obvious reason is being stamped down on whether it is the last game or a random one in February that it happens
[Post edited 26 Apr 2018 20:58]
On the pitch on 06:28 - Apr 27 with 2596 viewsHayesender

Personally I can't wait to see overweight middle aged men and women waddle on with their tight fitting replica shirts and give it large to the brummie fans.

Nothing embarrassing about that at all imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

On the pitch on 11:08 - Apr 27 with 2510 viewsNoelmc

On the pitch on 20:57 - Apr 26 by daveB

They had just won the league and don't do it every season no matter where they finish so no wonder nothing was done. All seems fair to me, clubs who win the league and promotion or stay up a blind eye is turned to it. Fans running on for no obvious reason is being stamped down on whether it is the last game or a random one in February that it happens
[Post edited 26 Apr 2018 20:58]

Still don't think you can have one rule for one and a different one for others. For me Wigan knocking Citeh out of the FA Cup was a more astonishing achievement and more of a "one-off" than Citeh winning the League, which was pretty much expected pre-season. Almost certainly meant more to the Wigan fans yet the Club were fined.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024