Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board 23:43 - Oct 23 with 18985 viewsHopwoodblue

Given we have four home games on the bounce coming up, failure to win any and a defeat in cup to Gateshead even in a replay may make the board feel they need to take action.
On the one hand we have a decent squad that is under performing for what ever reason and there could be many including Keith.
But on the other hand we all have to be careful what we wish for.
It could be a tricky few weeks for Keith and his staff.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 23:49]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 13:35 - Oct 24 with 2445 viewsjudd

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 13:33 - Oct 24 by pioneer

length of contract that would need paying off (and realisation that no other club looking for manager expresses any interest in him). So for the forseeable future he is staying.

How do you know the details of the termination clause in the contract?

Poll: What is it to be then?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 13:54 - Oct 24 with 2389 viewspioneer

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 13:35 - Oct 24 by judd

How do you know the details of the termination clause in the contract?

I dont. Does anybody who posts on here ‘know’ anything about the club?

But whats the point of signing a 5 year contract if it doesnt offer you substantial financial security in the event you turn out to be absolute pants at managing? There is probably a compensation clause for the club in the event that some club want to pry away the manager of a team with second worst defence in the league. Agreeing to such a clause would normally involve some sort of consideration on the other side...but then we can probably agree nothing about our current situation is normal.
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 13:58 - Oct 24 with 2378 viewsD_Alien

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:27 - Oct 24 by ParkinsGimp

Yes very lucky indeed DDBollox. last 16 games ...erm have a look so planned to be on last game?????
I despair with fans like you and this other numpty James..... Blind faith isnt always good.

I beg to differ!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 14:27 - Oct 24 with 2320 viewsDaleiLama

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 12:13 - Oct 24 by James1980

A poor result isn't good for the perception of the passage of time on the journey home after a game.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 12:14]

If you are going to quote Confucius at least offer some attribution

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 14:43 - Oct 24 with 2285 viewsJames1980

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 14:27 - Oct 24 by DaleiLama

Was it Confucius, thought it was Plato, still apologies for the lack of accreditation

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 14:52 - Oct 24 with 2271 viewsjudd

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 13:54 - Oct 24 by pioneer

I dont. Does anybody who posts on here ‘know’ anything about the club?

But whats the point of signing a 5 year contract if it doesnt offer you substantial financial security in the event you turn out to be absolute pants at managing? There is probably a compensation clause for the club in the event that some club want to pry away the manager of a team with second worst defence in the league. Agreeing to such a clause would normally involve some sort of consideration on the other side...but then we can probably agree nothing about our current situation is normal.

I find it difficult to believe that the Board would open themselves to excessive financial risk in the event of the manager not working out.

There is gardening leave as an option, a capped termination payment option, a fixed departure fee and so on.

Remember Alan Pardew's 8 year deal at Newcastle? Shrewdly put in place to put off potential poachers of a manager who clearly did not perform. I doubt he ended up with the remaining years of his contract paid up and in full.

To say "there's absolutely zero chance of the board even considering a change of manager" does the board a huge disservice . Whether they would actually go about with the change is another matter, but I would argue that they would definitely consider making hard decisions of this nature.

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 15:19 - Oct 24 with 2223 viewsblackdogblue

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 12:06 - Oct 24 by chalky_ncfc

Sometimes it's better to have the devil that you know,Rochdale are a small club in the grand scale of things with far,far bigger and more fashionable clubs surrounding them but have spent the past few seasons in league one and it's probably down to KH,giving him the boot won't guarantee that you will get somebody better in to replace him,nobody wants taking a club into relegation on their cv so I doubt that Pep and the like would be putting their applications in for the position so he careful what you wish for
Should you get relegated this season though we would both be in league two on the tenth anniversary of the season that can't be mentioned and everything would have come full circle and we can all be friends again

? You will be in the Conference next season having a local derby with Chesterfield mate 😀😀😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 15:30 - Oct 24 with 2205 viewsdeeplishblue

Go on Chris - press it |

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Login to get fewer ads

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 15:38 - Oct 24 with 2191 viewsDaleiLama

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 14:52 - Oct 24 by judd

I find it difficult to believe that the Board would open themselves to excessive financial risk in the event of the manager not working out.

There is gardening leave as an option, a capped termination payment option, a fixed departure fee and so on.

Remember Alan Pardew's 8 year deal at Newcastle? Shrewdly put in place to put off potential poachers of a manager who clearly did not perform. I doubt he ended up with the remaining years of his contract paid up and in full.

To say "there's absolutely zero chance of the board even considering a change of manager" does the board a huge disservice . Whether they would actually go about with the change is another matter, but I would argue that they would definitely consider making hard decisions of this nature.

Bearing in mind how savvy they have been with sell-on clauses, I suspect you are spot on - they have enough knowledge in-house or at their disposal through consultation to be able to construct deals to keep their options open and favourable.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 15:39]

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 16:25 - Oct 24 with 2122 viewsfunkkk

Pardew's still being paid by Newcastle...
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 16:25 - Oct 24 with 2122 views49thseason

Indeed, is it not the case that a Board of Directors of a Limited Company would be negligent if they did not consider the position of a senior manager who was deemed to be underperforming and affecting the performance of the business?

It may well be that KH has spoken to the BoD and outlined his plan for the season and they are confident that there will not be a "worst case" scenario where the club is relegated. The problem is that football is far from an exact science and "worst case" has to be considered as a possible outcome. No one goes to work every day with the intention of doing a bad job but the survival of the business has to take precedence over the individuals within it.
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 16:42 - Oct 24 with 2085 viewsjudd

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 16:25 - Oct 24 by funkkk

How do you know that?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 16:53 - Oct 24 with 2062 viewsYouTubeDale

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 13:31 - Oct 24 by James1980

The majority as in 99.999% of us on here don't know what happens behind the scenes especially coaching sessions and pre match, half time and post match team talks. Chats with the board after games and so on.
Could it be that KH is actually right when it is individual errors that is causing the current issues? Things that are being done well on the training pitch are not being transferred to match day scenarios?

It was individual errors again last night that sunk us. “Individual errors” every week then points to the manager. He is incapable of getting his message through to the team, another manager would get the message acted upon.

The first goal was laughable, and it was suggested that the lighting at the stadium was below par. A freak individual error by Moore. The second goal was something Keith should have got his message through to the players by now, but he has failed. Our defender failed to stop Akinfenwa from stopping the ball then smashing to it home. He should have been marked much tighter. The third goal, and their attacker was able to tower above our defender and get some power on his header and direction. Again, Hill should be sorting this poor defending out. This overpowering of defenders is not going away and Keith has failed yet again. I can see us leaking the same type of goals again,far too often unless Keith gets his message through to the players or we change the players. Calvin as a permanent defender would stop many of the goal number three types.

I would not want to see Keith go but if he can’t solve the defence problem then start the search for another manager.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 16:59 - Oct 24 with 2047 viewsYorkshire_Dale

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 16:25 - Oct 24 by funkkk

Does he work at Sports Direct as a picker?
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 17:00 - Oct 24 with 2044 viewsD_Alien

Why does my opinion (re: zero chance of board discussing a change of manager) do the board a huge disservice?

It's simply my opinion, or should we preface all our posts on here with IMO?

I didn't respond to your question in the first instance since i'd assumed - incorrectly - that you'd understood it as an opinion

Rather than a criticism of the board, which is what your opinion that it'd "do the board a huge disservice" amounts to, it was intended as an act of faith that having "IMO" made the right decision in awarding the manager a lengthy contract, they wouldn't suffer from knee-jerk reactions when we're in a perfectly acceptable position in L1 less than a third of the way through the season, on top of the manager's history not only of success in achieving promotion (twice) but also the relative success of keeping us in L1 when we found ourselves in a perilous position last season

Edit: and just to further clarify, my response to the OP was in the context of "in the next few weeks". Must everything be spelled out again in every single response?

It would naturally be ridiculous for any board never to review their options with the manager
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 17:07]

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 17:03 - Oct 24 with 2032 viewsDaleiLama

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 16:25 - Oct 24 by 49thseason

Indeed, is it not the case that a Board of Directors of a Limited Company would be negligent if they did not consider the position of a senior manager who was deemed to be underperforming and affecting the performance of the business?

It may well be that KH has spoken to the BoD and outlined his plan for the season and they are confident that there will not be a "worst case" scenario where the club is relegated. The problem is that football is far from an exact science and "worst case" has to be considered as a possible outcome. No one goes to work every day with the intention of doing a bad job but the survival of the business has to take precedence over the individuals within it.

"underperforming and affecting the performance of the business"

Hm. What measure(s) are you using to evaluate performance?

League table:

Funding:

Own stadium, paying bills, cash in the bank, "couple of players being sold in the January window" according to the gaffer

Entertainment:

Some games are a lot easier to watch than others, but we have had highs and lows in the last 18 months. The Great Escape and the Spurs first leg equaliser are up there in the pantheon of great Dale moments. Other games have been forgettable and/or embarrassing. So mixed.

Season ticket numbers:

Best they've been for many a year

Even if we were relegated, the Board may feel KH is the best man to get us up again.

Are you suggesting that there are criteria for "underperforming and affecting the performance of the business" which can be directly attributable to him and only him, which could be for grounds for dismissal. If so, what would you suggest they are?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 17:11]

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 17:04 - Oct 24 with 2027 viewsYorkshire_Dale

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 14:27 - Oct 24 by DaleiLama

Confucius was a man who knew his onions........he once famously said "No matter how much you shake it,the last drop always goes in your pants"

What a guy.
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 17:13 - Oct 24 with 2003 viewsjudd

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 17:00 - Oct 24 by D_Alien

Why does my opinion (re: zero chance of board discussing a change of manager) do the board a huge disservice?

It's simply my opinion, or should we preface all our posts on here with IMO?

I didn't respond to your question in the first instance since i'd assumed - incorrectly - that you'd understood it as an opinion

Rather than a criticism of the board, which is what your opinion that it'd "do the board a huge disservice" amounts to, it was intended as an act of faith that having "IMO" made the right decision in awarding the manager a lengthy contract, they wouldn't suffer from knee-jerk reactions when we're in a perfectly acceptable position in L1 less than a third of the way through the season, on top of the manager's history not only of success in achieving promotion (twice) but also the relative success of keeping us in L1 when we found ourselves in a perilous position last season

Edit: and just to further clarify, my response to the OP was in the context of "in the next few weeks". Must everything be spelled out again in every single response?

It would naturally be ridiculous for any board never to review their options with the manager
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 17:07]

"Why is there " absolutely zero chance of the board even considering a change of manager "? " is what I asked.

Came across more as a nailed on, indisputable assertion, rather than an opinion.

I would wager, not opine, that the board would consider a change in manager, even if the conclusion is to stay as is.

I would suggest that the signings of Perkins & Wilbrahim, and the distribution of the 30% increase in the budget will be closely monitored in a justified expectation of a pro rata improvement in results in bread and butter league matches.

I don't think he should go, nor do I want him to.

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 17:28 - Oct 24 with 1978 viewsD_Alien

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 17:13 - Oct 24 by judd

"Why is there " absolutely zero chance of the board even considering a change of manager "? " is what I asked.

Came across more as a nailed on, indisputable assertion, rather than an opinion.

I would wager, not opine, that the board would consider a change in manager, even if the conclusion is to stay as is.

I would suggest that the signings of Perkins & Wilbrahim, and the distribution of the 30% increase in the budget will be closely monitored in a justified expectation of a pro rata improvement in results in bread and butter league matches.

I don't think he should go, nor do I want him to.

I'd certainly expect all relevant club business to be closely monitored; how and to what length that'd occur regarding the manager would be a matter of circumstances

Without getting into semantics over the word "consider" - if the manager's position was considered, rather than his and the team's performance "reviewed" - it'd be doing him a disservice

Edit: and given the nature of sport, how a 30% or any other percentage increase in available funds would be expected to translate into a pro rata increase in performance against bread & butter teams (Bradford?) is anyone's guess

[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 17:35]

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 17:43 - Oct 24 with 1945 views442Dale

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 16:53 - Oct 24 by YouTubeDale

It was individual errors again last night that sunk us. “Individual errors” every week then points to the manager. He is incapable of getting his message through to the team, another manager would get the message acted upon.

The first goal was laughable, and it was suggested that the lighting at the stadium was below par. A freak individual error by Moore. The second goal was something Keith should have got his message through to the players by now, but he has failed. Our defender failed to stop Akinfenwa from stopping the ball then smashing to it home. He should have been marked much tighter. The third goal, and their attacker was able to tower above our defender and get some power on his header and direction. Again, Hill should be sorting this poor defending out. This overpowering of defenders is not going away and Keith has failed yet again. I can see us leaking the same type of goals again,far too often unless Keith gets his message through to the players or we change the players. Calvin as a permanent defender would stop many of the goal number three types.

I would not want to see Keith go but if he can’t solve the defence problem then start the search for another manager.

The third was by a player who outjumps our right back, Calvin as a permanent right back would not work.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 17:51 - Oct 24 with 1936 viewsJames1980

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 17:43 - Oct 24 by 442Dale

The third was by a player who outjumps our right back, Calvin as a permanent right back would not work.

How about as a CB

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 17:58 - Oct 24 with 1927 viewsDaleiLama

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 17:43 - Oct 24 by 442Dale

Raff didn't even jump. It might look worse than it was, but it certainly doesn't look good.

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 18:04 - Oct 24 with 1911 viewsjudd

Christ on a bike.

The verbosity, frequent edits and backtracking just serves to compound how right my original challenge actually was.

As for quantifying a pro rata improvement in results, it really is not that difficult to set targets against such.

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 18:31 - Oct 24 with 1855 viewsJames1980

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 16:53 - Oct 24 by YouTubeDale

I have said this before, surely KH is not telling players to make the individual errors and I would guess, they are not being made in training by the players on the team sheet, perhaps this is why it changes practically every week.
One question why is it most of the time due to our players being bad or badly coached and not just in the situation that led to the goals the opposition were just better and converted the opportunity?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 18:38 - Oct 24 with 1840 viewsD_Alien

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 18:04 - Oct 24 by judd

Christ on a bike.

The verbosity, frequent edits and backtracking just serves to compound how right my original challenge actually was.

As for quantifying a pro rata improvement in results, it really is not that difficult to set targets against such.

Let's hope KH doesn't get an 110% increase in funds available next season then, eh?

God help him when the board consider why he's failed to gain more than 3pts for a win against bread & butter opposition

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024