Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board 23:43 - Oct 23 with 18984 viewsHopwoodblue

Given we have four home games on the bounce coming up, failure to win any and a defeat in cup to Gateshead even in a replay may make the board feel they need to take action.
On the one hand we have a decent squad that is under performing for what ever reason and there could be many including Keith.
But on the other hand we all have to be careful what we wish for.
It could be a tricky few weeks for Keith and his staff.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 23:49]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 09:07 - Oct 26 with 2547 viewskiwidale

A question that gets seems to get asked as though it proves a point by Hill supporters to those who raise questions the question should Hill go is " who would you replace him with" are you really expecting D23 yrs and a growing number of others to know the answer to what is a really dumb question? we don't know who will apply for a start it's not as though we can just appoint anybody we like.

This is in no way an Hill out post I am sitting on the fence. I'm ambivalent on the matter.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 9:15]

This is not the time for bickering.

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 09:15 - Oct 26 with 2508 viewsBigDaveMyCock

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 09:07 - Oct 26 by kiwidale

A question that gets seems to get asked as though it proves a point by Hill supporters to those who raise questions the question should Hill go is " who would you replace him with" are you really expecting D23 yrs and a growing number of others to know the answer to what is a really dumb question? we don't know who will apply for a start it's not as though we can just appoint anybody we like.

This is in no way an Hill out post I am sitting on the fence. I'm ambivalent on the matter.

Errrrrrrrrrrr David Hasslehoff.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 09:16 - Oct 26 with 2508 viewsD_Alien

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 08:57 - Oct 26 by BigDaveMyCock

I’m sure Egon Krenz thought the Deutsche Demokratische Republik was fabulous on the morning of 9 November 1989, but we all know what happened there don’t we? David Hasslehoff came and ruined it.

Consider this, is there going to be our David Hasslehoff? If so, who will be our David Hasslehoff? And if there is, and we know who it is, then will he have an evil twin with a goatee beard like what he did? Also, will he have a talking car that he can talk to through a watch, except when he’s in it or possibly near it (he can just talk to it like normal then). Will he be a shit singer? Of course he will, you don’t need to consider that one.

I bet you fooking haven’t have you?

Turbo boost to the Championship!!
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 9:01]

F*ck me, we've had the axe grinder, and didn't we all just know it wouldn't take long before the monkey turned up

When it takes one of the more polite contributors to this forum to point out the bleeding obvious, it's time for the pair of you to put your choppers away

#youareembarrassing

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 09:42 - Oct 26 with 2445 viewsBigDaveMyCock

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 09:16 - Oct 26 by D_Alien

F*ck me, we've had the axe grinder, and didn't we all just know it wouldn't take long before the monkey turned up

When it takes one of the more polite contributors to this forum to point out the bleeding obvious, it's time for the pair of you to put your choppers away

#youareembarrassing

Come on now D_Alien deep breaths. 1 and 2 and 3.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 09:51 - Oct 26 with 2416 viewsD_Alien

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 09:42 - Oct 26 by BigDaveMyCock

Come on now D_Alien deep breaths. 1 and 2 and 3.

How about 0 ?

Your first act was to knee-jerk two of my votey-things on the previous page back to 0

I'm devastated, i really am. But not before I'd shat my nappy. Trust you to get your hands dirty trying to clean up

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 09:54 - Oct 26 with 2407 viewsJames1980

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 09:07 - Oct 26 by kiwidale

my concern would be as follows.
New manager comes and doesn't improve on KH results or worse. Those who bang the Hexit drum, start calling for the new manager to go, joined by extra voices of dissent because it is not Hilly's head being called for and new boss gets a P45

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 12:01 - Oct 26 with 2279 viewsSandyman

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 09:54 - Oct 26 by James1980

my concern would be as follows.
New manager comes and doesn't improve on KH results or worse. Those who bang the Hexit drum, start calling for the new manager to go, joined by extra voices of dissent because it is not Hilly's head being called for and new boss gets a P45

But what if a new manager comes in and does improve results and our defensive errors?
All hypothetical of course.
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 12:39 - Oct 26 with 2220 viewsJames1980

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 12:01 - Oct 26 by Sandyman

But what if a new manager comes in and does improve results and our defensive errors?
All hypothetical of course.

In the short term that is quite possible. However how long would it be before, the fans were on their back if there was a bad run of results. Any compensation is money that could be spent on elsewhere including the squad.

Login to get fewer ads

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 14:38 - Oct 26 with 2026 viewsSandyman

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 12:39 - Oct 26 by James1980

In the short term that is quite possible. However how long would it be before, the fans were on their back if there was a bad run of results. Any compensation is money that could be spent on elsewhere including the squad.

Nobody knows what "any compensation money" would amount to and what difference it would make. A visible, tangible improvement in defending, home form and results will bring its own rewards. Fans can get at a manager at a football club at any time for varying reasons so who knows the answer to that point? Hill's past record has meant he has been able to avoid too many fans being on his back, given the poor league form at Dale since August 2017. At many other clubs he would not have had that patience from the terraces or the boardroom. It's about time that patience is rewarded on the pitch at COA.
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 17:01 - Oct 26 with 1830 viewswimborne_dale

But. He has been the most successful manager we've ever had. And even though he loses the plot a bit too often for the liking of many, he also hits winning streaks which is great. If KH wasn't now at dale and we were struggling in the lower half of Div 2, and KH was available, wouldn't he be the obvious choice to bring in to turn it round?

Edgar Allan's Crow

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 17:19 - Oct 26 with 1813 viewsJames1980

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 14:38 - Oct 26 by Sandyman

Nobody knows what "any compensation money" would amount to and what difference it would make. A visible, tangible improvement in defending, home form and results will bring its own rewards. Fans can get at a manager at a football club at any time for varying reasons so who knows the answer to that point? Hill's past record has meant he has been able to avoid too many fans being on his back, given the poor league form at Dale since August 2017. At many other clubs he would not have had that patience from the terraces or the boardroom. It's about time that patience is rewarded on the pitch at COA.

A question would be what would be a sufficient reward for that patience?

Very best case scenario, whether Hill turns it around, or another manager does, is automatic promotion, that is highly unlikely.
Worst case would be relegation.
Reaching Play offs 2nd best case, although more possible than automatic, still unlikely.
7th to 20th place retains League 1 status which is what KH has been doing for the past few seasons.
If a new manager, didn't come in and go one stage further than Hill has done, would it really be worth bringing in a replacement? If the team got relegated under a new manager, would the board give them a season or 2 to return to league 1 or would we be looking for our 2nd new manager in less than a year.
Perhaps a new boss would come in and no fear football returns, we don't finish in the top half of the table. Thing is up to January that would be with exactly the same players Hill has got, so whose to say Keith wouldn't have turned it around as well.
Looking at the bigger picture, stability for the future is the most important thing for the club. In my opinion managerial change would be too much of a risk.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 17:21]

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 17:40 - Oct 26 with 1782 viewsDaleiLama

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 17:19 - Oct 26 by James1980

A question would be what would be a sufficient reward for that patience?

Very best case scenario, whether Hill turns it around, or another manager does, is automatic promotion, that is highly unlikely.
Worst case would be relegation.
Reaching Play offs 2nd best case, although more possible than automatic, still unlikely.
7th to 20th place retains League 1 status which is what KH has been doing for the past few seasons.
If a new manager, didn't come in and go one stage further than Hill has done, would it really be worth bringing in a replacement? If the team got relegated under a new manager, would the board give them a season or 2 to return to league 1 or would we be looking for our 2nd new manager in less than a year.
Perhaps a new boss would come in and no fear football returns, we don't finish in the top half of the table. Thing is up to January that would be with exactly the same players Hill has got, so whose to say Keith wouldn't have turned it around as well.
Looking at the bigger picture, stability for the future is the most important thing for the club. In my opinion managerial change would be too much of a risk.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 17:21]

There are as many hypothetical scenarios as hairs in your beard James!

But ultimately, I agree with you - leave it alone and let the season play out.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 20:46 - Oct 26 with 1609 viewsDaley_Lama

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 12:13 - Oct 24 by James1980

A poor result isn't good for the perception of the passage of time on the journey home after a game.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 12:14]

James' Law

J = T*[1/(√H/6)]

J = Perceived Journey Time
T = Actual Travel Time
H = Happiness out of 100

For example

Win away at Southampton. 4 hour actual journey time. Couldn't be happier. 100% happy

J=4*[1/(10/6)]
J = 4*[0.6]
J =2.4 hours

Lose away at Walsall when you should have won. 2 hour journey time. Only 30% happy because you had a nice pie and will be home in time for X Factor

J = 2*[1/(4.4/6)]
J =2*[ 1.37]
J= 2.73 hours

Beaten at Gillingham in the playoffs? 5 hour trip and 10% mood

J=5*[1/(3.16/6)]
J=5*[1.92]
J= 9.6 hours
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 21:24]

Poll: DF in or out

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 21:07 - Oct 26 with 1577 viewsTVOS1907

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 20:46 - Oct 26 by Daley_Lama

James' Law

J = T*[1/(√H/6)]

T = Actual Travel Time
H = Happiness out of 100

For example

Win away at Southampton. 4 hour actual journey time. Couldn't be happier. 100% happy

J=4*[1/(10/6)]
J = 4*[0.6]
J =2.4 hours

Lose away at Walsall when you should have won. 2 hour journey time. Only 30% happy because you had a nice pie and will be home in time for X Factor

J = 2*[1/(4.4/6)]
J =2*[ 1.37]
J= 2.73 hours

J=5*[1/(3.16/6)]
J=5*[1.92]
J= 9.6 hours

That 0.59 should be 0.6 exactly.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 21:21 - Oct 26 with 1559 viewsDaley_Lama

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 21:07 - Oct 26 by TVOS1907

Do I get a mark for showing my workings at least?

p.s You are right, will correct. I had 1.66667 to 1.66

p.p.s. I thought I might get pulled up on my bracket usage and presentation as well.

[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 0:32]

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 21:31 - Oct 26 with 1545 viewsTVOS1907

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 21:21 - Oct 26 by Daley_Lama

Do I get a mark for showing my workings at least?

p.s You are right, will correct. I had 1.66667 to 1.66

p.p.s. I thought I might get pulled up on my bracket usage and presentation as well.

[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 0:32]

I quite like square brackets; they offset the parentheses well.

I would go for 1/10/6 being the same as "one divided by ten-sixths", which is "one divided by five-thirds", which is subsequently "one multiplied by three-fifths", ergo 0.6 without need for a calculator (GCSE Paper 1).

For the purposes of James' enjoyment,however, I'd still give you full marks, although you need to factor in him nearly missing his train.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 21:54 - Oct 26 with 1506 viewsjudd

// /_ || |<

Poll: What is it to be then?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 22:09 - Oct 26 with 1488 viewsJames1980

Brilliant 😀

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 22:10 - Oct 26 with 1487 viewsjudd

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 22:09 - Oct 26 by James1980

Brilliant 😀

Thanks

Poll: What is it to be then?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 22:23 - Oct 26 with 1469 viewsDaleiLama

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 21:07 - Oct 26 by TVOS1907

One mistake! Is there no escaping individual errors?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 23:51 - Oct 26 with 1403 viewsShun

Right Lama, why’ve you gone and ballsed up everyone’s screens?
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 00:34 - Oct 27 with 1376 viewsDaley_Lama

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 23:51 - Oct 26 by Shun

Right Lama, why’ve you gone and ballsed up everyone’s screens?

The road to hell is pavedwith good intentions.

Apologies for the collateral injuries.

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 08:03 - Oct 27 with 1290 viewsflyerdale

All I want to see is an improvement on home performances as I don't go to away games now. So the only stuff I've seen so far this season has been complete rubbish in the majority. I don't mind losing games if the players have tried their best without making stupid mistakes and are played in their strongest positions. All this bloody tinkering b@llocks is just unsettling them every game.

To then as a fan be blamed for these sub standard performances is absolute madness. It's time for Hill and some of the players to shape up or ship out as patience is wearing very thin now.
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:19 - Oct 27 with 1203 viewschalky_ncfc

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 20:46 - Oct 26 by Daley_Lama

James' Law

J = T*[1/(√H/6)]

T = Actual Travel Time
H = Happiness out of 100

For example

J=4*[1/(10/6)]
J = 4*[0.6]
J =2.4 hours

J = 2*[1/(4.4/6)]
J =2*[ 1.37]
J= 2.73 hours

J=5*[1/(3.16/6)]
J=5*[1.92]
J= 9.6 hours

What with the Latin classes as well,Rochdale schools are a lot more advanced than I give them credit for

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 12:32 - Oct 27 with 1161 viewsJimmyRustler

I feel that the large majority of us (the sane ones that is) are still behind the manager but, things need to change. I honestly don't mind losing and I don't expect us to be pulling up trees either. It's the fact that we are making THE SAME mistakes time and time again and conceding in the THE SAME MANNER every single week.

Of course, the players have to take some individual responsibility in this regard. However, it doesn't help that the team is being chopped and changed every week. Continuity breeds successful relationships and partnerships and without that, all systems will be redundant. In a similar sense, these are players that KH brought in who he presumably though could buy into his ideas. If this isn't the case then this is once again his fault and needs to be addressed in January.

I just don't want to concede anymore shite goals from set pieces or balls into our box. Is that really too much to ask? If we go 1-0 down today from a corner or free-kick today then I may just accept my fate, tap my false chopper and swallow the cyanide capsule that I purchased off the deep web yesterday afternoon. I can't take anymore of that sh!t.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024