Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool game 22:08 - Dec 25 with 19792 viewsmeeee

Boxing day at Spotland, 3 points would be very welcome but that seems unlikely with our current home form. Will Hill keep the lineup the same as Southend or will it be more chopping and changing? Will be interesting to see if Cannon and Mcgahey start with all the rumours surrounding them leaving. Let's hope the lads are as up for this game as they were against Southend, I'm going for an optimistic 1-1 draw
Blackpool game on 17:18 - Dec 26 with 3294 viewspioneer

And the Win for Macclesfield means it chuckles all round.
Blackpool game on 17:28 - Dec 26 with 3211 viewsyorkshirefan

Bradford fans livid, had an equaliser disallowed. The ball looks about a foot over the line but the ref didn’t give it
Blackpool game on 17:28 - Dec 26 with 3208 viewsJames1980

Is NFF making a return to Spotland?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Blackpool game on 17:35 - Dec 26 with 3150 viewsisitme

Blackpool game on 17:28 - Dec 26 by James1980

In the second half we threw everything at them. Hit the wood work, keeper made a few good saves and some good blocks by the Blackpool defenders. We actually worked the ball well but some of the crossing was poor. A deserved result in the end.

Williams looked good at the back. He reads the game well and his distribution is good. Adshead was tidy on the ball and Henderson looked lively playing in a more advanced role. Williams and Gillam didn't really offer much wide and Andrew was poor when he came on. I was impressed with Rathbone's energy and willingness to run with the ball. He is looking back to his early season form.
Blackpool game on 17:36 - Dec 26 with 3142 viewsMoonyDale

Blackpool game on 17:28 - Dec 26 by James1980

Would like to think so after that, massive win today and we all know how hard it is to beat ten men. Unchanged side and good brave substitutions, well done that man....Blackpool are a good side but we were that little bit better today. What can you say abot Hendo? The man is a class above......If we can grab a share of the spoils v Bradford it will be the icing on the cake......
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 17:37]

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Blackpool game on 17:54 - Dec 26 with 2979 viewsD_Alien

Blackpool game on 17:35 - Dec 26 by isitme

In the second half we threw everything at them. Hit the wood work, keeper made a few good saves and some good blocks by the Blackpool defenders. We actually worked the ball well but some of the crossing was poor. A deserved result in the end.

Williams looked good at the back. He reads the game well and his distribution is good. Adshead was tidy on the ball and Henderson looked lively playing in a more advanced role. Williams and Gillam didn't really offer much wide and Andrew was poor when he came on. I was impressed with Rathbone's energy and willingness to run with the ball. He is looking back to his early season form.

Agree with all of that

It looked like it was going to be a frustrating point but Blackpool put their bodies on the line before Hendo popped up where he needs to be

The Andrew cameo was probably the worst i've seen him play for some time, wonder if he's on his way? And Williams11 returned to relative anonymity when i was hoping his goal against Southend would give him fresh impetus. My MoM was his namesake. He had his work cut out with Gnand... their big lad, but found time to launch Dale forwards too

All's well that ends well, i suppose - and a decent Boxing Day crowd with Dale fans going home happy

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Blackpool game on 18:04 - Dec 26 with 2903 viewsJames1980

Blackpool game on 17:36 - Dec 26 by MoonyDale

Would like to think so after that, massive win today and we all know how hard it is to beat ten men. Unchanged side and good brave substitutions, well done that man....Blackpool are a good side but we were that little bit better today. What can you say abot Hendo? The man is a class above......If we can grab a share of the spoils v Bradford it will be the icing on the cake......
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 17:37]

Really looking forward to coming up on Saturday.

Blackpool game on 18:04 - Dec 26 with 2896 viewsDaley_Lama

Joe Bunney booed?

Well done those who did, classy individuals.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool game on 18:08 - Dec 26 with 2872 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson's 283rd Dale appearance today, taking him above Steve Whitehall into 8th place in the club's all-time list.

Shaun Reid (289) is the next target.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Blackpool game on 18:10 - Dec 26 with 2859 viewsSaxonDale

Agree with what’s been said elsewhere. Early days but thought MJ Williams was superb at centre back, committed a bit rashly at times but sure that will change with experience. His distribution was superb and it makes such a difference having a player naturally comfortable on the ball in central defence. Was very impressed with the middle 3, was the best I’ve seen Camps play for a long time ( admittedly my last game was Barnsley!)

Nitpicking but I think Hendo needs a bit more quality around him if we truly want to challenge, Hopefully that will be addressed over January. Also think our crossing from wide areas has to be more consistent, hopefully that will come with Hart’s return though.

Overall though I’d much rather us play the way we did, which wasn’t in particularly easy conditions given the sending off, than with Andrew and Wilbraham both up top. No criticism meant, particular to Andrew, but we always look better when we play as a footballing team.
Blackpool game on 18:19 - Dec 26 with 2778 viewsJames1980

when they return to full fitness, where do Hart, Dooley and Thompson fit in?

Blackpool game on 18:48 - Dec 26 with 2586 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Blackpool game on 18:19 - Dec 26 by James1980

Hart will oust Done (but good on Kgosi for today in his position) who may in turn replace Williams11.....Dooley back as sub and can't see JoeyT anywhere near starting.
Blackpool game on 18:52 - Dec 26 with 2548 viewsrichfoad32

Blackpool game on 18:19 - Dec 26 by James1980

And what about Clough....haha. Other than Thompson, has there been any confirmation that the players you mention are actually injured and not just in Hill's bad books? Done shifted up top today, he might get another look in there if/when Hart comes back in.
Blackpool game on 18:54 - Dec 26 with 2541 viewsrochdaleriddler

Blackpool game on 18:04 - Dec 26 by Daley_Lama

Joe Bunney booed?

Applauded in the Sandy whilst warming up

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Blackpool game on 19:06 - Dec 26 with 2460 viewsSuddenLad

Blackpool game on 18:04 - Dec 26 by Daley_Lama

Joe Bunney booed?

I think the booing was more to do with the delaying tactics of the player being substituted, rather than the appearance of Joe Bunney.

The player was being booed for the length of time he was taking to leave the field.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Blackpool game on 19:09 - Dec 26 with 2433 viewsDaley_Lama

Blackpool game on 19:06 - Dec 26 by SuddenLad

I think the booing was more to do with the delaying tactics of the player being substituted, rather than the appearance of Joe Bunney.

The player was being booed for the length of time he was taking to leave the field.

Nope, he was specifically booed

Firsty, as soon as his name was announced
Secondly as he entered the pitch after their lad had gone off

There was also booing as you mentioned, for the slow walk but the above two were over and above that.

Not by one or two either, a good number in the TDS.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 19:10]

Poll: DF in or out

Blackpool game on 19:12 - Dec 26 with 2410 viewsSuddenLad

Blackpool game on 19:09 - Dec 26 by Daley_Lama

Nope, he was specifically booed

Firsty, as soon as his name was announced
Secondly as he entered the pitch after their lad had gone off

There was also booing as you mentioned, for the slow walk but the above two were over and above that.

Not by one or two either, a good number in the TDS.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 19:10]

Sad fookers if that's the case. JB was a 100% player when in a Dale shirt. He deserves better..

Was good to see Steve Davies and Joe Bunney engaging with Dale fans and signing autographs, posing for selfies etc.. How it should be.....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Blackpool game on 19:13 - Dec 26 with 2400 viewsrochdale_ranger

Joe Thompson was booed when he came on at the last game last season. Some people are trashy individuals. I was quite sad to see bunny go to be honest.
Blackpool game on 19:16 - Dec 26 with 2383 viewsTVOS1907

Blackpool game on 19:06 - Dec 26 by SuddenLad

The booing started as soon as the words "Joe" and "Bunney" were boomed out across the airwaves.

I'd love to know the reasons why.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Blackpool game on 19:20 - Dec 26 with 2357 viewsD_Alien

Blackpool game on 19:16 - Dec 26 by TVOS1907

The booing started as soon as the words "Joe" and "Bunney" were boomed out across the airwaves.

I'd love to know the reasons why.

There's rarely any reasoning behind that type of negativity, it's just mindless

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Blackpool game on 19:30 - Dec 26 with 2269 viewsDale23years

Blackpool game on 16:29 - Dec 26 by Brookers81

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/21/por-scunthorpe-keen-on-rochdales-mcgahey/p

If we lose McGahey we may as well just accept no ambition from the board or manager and prepare for league two again :(

McGahey is not the best defender at the club, come to think of it he's not that good

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Blackpool game on 19:34 - Dec 26 with 2250 viewsDaleiLama

Blackpool game on 19:12 - Dec 26 by SuddenLad

Sad fookers if that's the case. JB was a 100% player when in a Dale shirt. He deserves better..

Was good to see Steve Davies and Joe Bunney engaging with Dale fans and signing autographs, posing for selfies etc.. How it should be.....

He was also at the Dale vs Spurs first leg with all his family. Some people get it ……….

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Blackpool game on 19:35 - Dec 26 with 2243 viewsDale23years

Blackpool game on 17:04 - Dec 26 by jonahwhereru

Has Keith Hill got his mojo back?

Quick to switch Done up front. Gambles on leaving Camps on the pitch and going for 2 more attacking substitutions.

Feared a Blackpool travesty but the pressure finally paid.

Notice the scores below us were decent. In particular the Bradford winning run ends.

Credit thought to Keith Hill on this one, well done that man. Hope it feels good.

Wouldn't go that far,
But it was a positive performance so credit where credit due,

Adshead will be 10 times the player Cannon is so not arse he's leaving

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Blackpool game on 19:42 - Dec 26 with 2193 viewsDaleiLama

Thoroughly enjoyed that game today. Won't comment about details as it's pretty much all been said already, but I have a greater appreciation of the siege of Leningrad now (albeit milder conditions at Spotland today). I really didn't think we were going to be rewarded for the battering we gave their defence then up pops Hendo (two wins 2-1 on the bounce when he has played CF). How fortunate are we to have him at the club with his unstinting loyalty?

We still don't have that clinical edge to easily finish teams off that we are on top of, but grinding out wins give us exactly the same number of points, consolidates our position and gives us a little more confidence each outing. Thanks for the belated present Santa!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Blackpool game on 19:42 - Dec 26 with 2193 viewsnordenblue

Blackpool game on 19:30 - Dec 26 by Dale23years

McGahey is not the best defender at the club, come to think of it he's not that good

Who is then?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024