Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool game 22:08 - Dec 25 with 19791 viewsmeeee

Boxing day at Spotland, 3 points would be very welcome but that seems unlikely with our current home form. Will Hill keep the lineup the same as Southend or will it be more chopping and changing? Will be interesting to see if Cannon and Mcgahey start with all the rumours surrounding them leaving. Let's hope the lads are as up for this game as they were against Southend, I'm going for an optimistic 1-1 draw
Blackpool game on 19:44 - Dec 26 with 3798 viewsKenBoon

Blackpool game on 19:16 - Dec 26 by TVOS1907

The booing started as soon as the words "Joe" and "Bunney" were boomed out across the airwaves.

I'd love to know the reasons why.

Sadly not surprising because some idiots booed him when he was in a ‘dale shirt. I remember one fella screaming personal abuse at him away at fleetwood a couple of seasons ago. I’d never heard anything like it before.
Blackpool game on 20:05 - Dec 26 with 3662 viewsShun

Really entertaining win today. 30 shots, 66% possession, 12 corners, have we ever seen such a one-sided 45 minutes of football as that second half before? They defended excellently and their keeper made a few great saves but that was just pure attack versus pure defence. Great tension, great entertainment, great determination, great result.

MJ Williams was my MOM today. His distribution is the best we’ve seen from a defender since Dawson left. I’m a big fan and if he carries on playing like that we won’t miss McGahey.
Blackpool game on 20:13 - Dec 26 with 3607 viewsnordenblue

Blackpool game on 20:05 - Dec 26 by Shun

Really entertaining win today. 30 shots, 66% possession, 12 corners, have we ever seen such a one-sided 45 minutes of football as that second half before? They defended excellently and their keeper made a few great saves but that was just pure attack versus pure defence. Great tension, great entertainment, great determination, great result.

MJ Williams was my MOM today. His distribution is the best we’ve seen from a defender since Dawson left. I’m a big fan and if he carries on playing like that we won’t miss McGahey.

Fully agree about MJ Williams he just needs to calm down hitting the diagonal so much, thought Delaney handled a very tricky opponent too very well all game.
Coudlnt see the winner coming and fully expected another all effort but not much reward type of ending,so very pleased with the 3 points.

On another note I thought Camps looks about a stone too heavy, a big mention to Ollie his work rate is something else, thought Hilly was bold and fully got his reward today.
Blackpool game on 20:31 - Dec 26 with 3511 viewsisitme

Just watched the sky highlights. It doesn't look like Camps does too much to warrant their player's reaction. Their goal is really poor tracking by Jordan Williams who goes chase ball from a throwing and then leaves the thrower unmarked.

Henderson's goal was a great finish through the keeper's leg. For once their defenders switched off with one player playing Henderson onside from Iman's through ball.
Blackpool game on 20:42 - Dec 26 with 3444 viewssoulboy

Tremendous 2nd half performance, capped by a deserved winner by the maestro. As rumours are going round regarding a couple of players going to other clubs during the window, i heard today that CA could be off to Lincoln. Bring on Bratfurd.
Blackpool game on 20:52 - Dec 26 with 3374 viewsD_Dale

Blackpool game on 20:31 - Dec 26 by isitme

Just watched the sky highlights. It doesn't look like Camps does too much to warrant their player's reaction. Their goal is really poor tracking by Jordan Williams who goes chase ball from a throwing and then leaves the thrower unmarked.

Henderson's goal was a great finish through the keeper's leg. For once their defenders switched off with one player playing Henderson onside from Iman's through ball.

Hmm, if Camps was innocent why was their player so insistent he'd been stamped on?:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11592144/rochdale-2-1-blac

The Blackpool manager said they should have had a penalty, both players should have been sent off, and Hendo's goal was offside.
Blackpool game on 20:56 - Dec 26 with 3351 viewsrochdaleriddler

Blackpool game on 19:09 - Dec 26 by Daley_Lama

Nope, he was specifically booed

Firsty, as soon as his name was announced
Secondly as he entered the pitch after their lad had gone off

There was also booing as you mentioned, for the slow walk but the above two were over and above that.

Not by one or two either, a good number in the TDS.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 19:10]

A lot of pricks sit in there

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Blackpool game on 20:57 - Dec 26 with 3335 viewsdingdangblue

Blackpool game on 20:31 - Dec 26 by isitme

Complete over reaction from the Blackpool player - Camps doesn't do much other than get his legs tangled with his - what made him headbutt Camps to to floor is anyone's guess - Spearing was trying to tell the ref that Camps had stamped on their fella but he's wrong looking at the footage. An excellent win by Dale the Hill out gang can have a well deserved rest till Saturday at least.
https://www.skysports.com/rochdale

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool game on 21:02 - Dec 26 with 3306 viewsisitme

Blackpool game on 20:52 - Dec 26 by D_Dale

Hmm, if Camps was innocent why was their player so insistent he'd been stamped on?:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11592144/rochdale-2-1-blac

The Blackpool manager said they should have had a penalty, both players should have been sent off, and Hendo's goal was offside.

No idea why he was so irate. From the footage I saw there looked nothing in it. Henderson looked onside as well. One of their players was a couple of yards behind the other defenders and was playing him on.
Blackpool game on 21:09 - Dec 26 with 3256 viewsD_Dale

Blackpool game on 17:28 - Dec 26 by yorkshirefan

Bradford fans livid, had an equaliser disallowed. The ball looks about a foot over the line but the ref didn’t give it

It looks over the line:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11592178/sunderland-1-0-br

Let's hope any sense of injustice doesn't fire them up on Saturday.
Blackpool game on 21:13 - Dec 26 with 3223 viewsTVOS1907

I would surmise their number 6 was probably playing Henderson onside, given where he appears on the footage.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Blackpool game on 21:15 - Dec 26 with 3208 viewsMancDale

They lost for two reasons. Firstly their player acting like a common thug and getting sent off. Secondly their managers decision to sit back and defend for the entire second half. If they'd bothered to attack us they had more than enough about them to have caused us problems. Trying to blame it all on the ref is pathetic.
Blackpool game on 21:17 - Dec 26 with 3196 viewsKenBoon

Camps did nothing other than get fouled and put his foot naturally down. Their lad lost his head and I’d hope his manager would tell him that. Mind you Camps selling of the headbutt is a bit over the top. It was no Zidane.
Blackpool game on 21:34 - Dec 26 with 3083 viewsdingdangblue

Answer : because their player and manager are typically looking for excuses. There was no stamp - if Camps stands on their player at all it is accidental and certainly doesn't warrant their players total over reaction.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Blackpool game on 22:01 - Dec 26 with 2954 viewsscarrow

Blackpool game on 19:44 - Dec 26 by KenBoon

Sadly not surprising because some idiots booed him when he was in a ‘dale shirt. I remember one fella screaming personal abuse at him away at fleetwood a couple of seasons ago. I’d never heard anything like it before.

He got a very good reception in the bar after the game

Poll: Final position

Blackpool game on 22:45 - Dec 26 with 2780 viewssykeboy

Blackpool game on 20:13 - Dec 26 by nordenblue

Fully agree about MJ Williams he just needs to calm down hitting the diagonal so much, thought Delaney handled a very tricky opponent too very well all game.
Coudlnt see the winner coming and fully expected another all effort but not much reward type of ending,so very pleased with the 3 points.

On another note I thought Camps looks about a stone too heavy, a big mention to Ollie his work rate is something else, thought Hilly was bold and fully got his reward today.

MJW my mom very impressed with his distribution I also thought keeper Moore had a good solid game
Blackpool game on 22:48 - Dec 26 with 2770 viewsBarrowdale

2 things. Camps stamped on their player big time. Good. He deserved it and his sending off. Yellow was fair. 2. Claire sorted Delfonseau out and had a superb half. Oh and 3. We deserved to win. I just wish we would move fwd quicker. Nb. MJ was excellent. Merry christmas. Lets do 3 in a row. X
Blackpool game on 23:29 - Dec 26 with 2655 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Camps did not stamp on him, it was a tangle and if you watch his body movement you can see there is no intent. I think the yellow for camps is more due to the reactions of Blackpool players and the headbutt. Blackpool player sent off so ref felt it was a reaction to something, so camps gets a yellow.

Regarding camps, he goes down initially holding his head, then decided that he was going to hold where he was actually butted. Quite funny to watch but Blackpool player had to go anyway.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Blackpool game on 00:01 - Dec 27 with 2577 viewsmikehunt

Nice touch from Pool's keeper who turned and applauded the Sandy at the final whistle. Not sure why unless it was for some grudging paise from us Daley's when he saved from Camps and Williams.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Blackpool game on 01:09 - Dec 27 with 2458 viewsDaley_Lama

First goal. We debated who played the initial ball over the top for Hendo. On review, blimey it was only Olly Rathbone, he must have motered to be where he was to score the goal!

Sending of was right, nothing tackle and a tangle. You can’t headbutt and not expect to be sent off.

Sending off aside, was impressed with Blackpool, sending off made all the difference, even with that they have potency up front and evidently a good shot stopper.

MJW my man of the match.

Poll: DF in or out

Blackpool game on 01:13 - Dec 27 with 2452 viewsdingdangblue

Blackpool game on 00:01 - Dec 27 by mikehunt

Nice touch from Pool's keeper who turned and applauded the Sandy at the final whistle. Not sure why unless it was for some grudging paise from us Daley's when he saved from Camps and Williams.

Mark Howard - he played a pre season game for Dale a few years back when we played Gibraltar I think?

Blackpool game on 01:16 - Dec 27 with 2452 viewstony_roch975

Blackpool game on 20:05 - Dec 26 by Shun

We will when we need a pacy, tough defender. MJ Williams' passing is a strength but compared to McGahey he's easily out-muscled and slow on the turn. I understand Hill's dilemma about where to slot in MJ Willams but 3 at the back of McGahey, Williams & Delaney would have been an option. McGahey responded to our pre-match applause with a dejected look - is he a sacrifice cos we need the cash?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Blackpool game on 01:38 - Dec 27 with 2431 viewsdawlishdale

Blackpool game on 01:16 - Dec 27 by tony_roch975

We will when we need a pacy, tough defender. MJ Williams' passing is a strength but compared to McGahey he's easily out-muscled and slow on the turn. I understand Hill's dilemma about where to slot in MJ Willams but 3 at the back of McGahey, Williams & Delaney would have been an option. McGahey responded to our pre-match applause with a dejected look - is he a sacrifice cos we need the cash?

I'm afraid that we will be the losers if we sell our best defender to a team who are below us in the same league.
Although we fully deserved to win today, much of our dominance was down to Blackpool having 10 men for about an hour. Having looked at it again, their player totally over reacts to a tangle of legs, as did their idiot manager after the game.
Delaney and MJW struggled at times, but eventually prevailed due more to Blackpool only having one forward rather than due to their own superiority. So good to see Hendo playing up front if only for an hour in total. Good games for Rathbone and MJ Williams. Poor again from Rafferty. He really needs to stop hitting the first man when crossing.

Still; an excellent 3 points against a clearly decent team, especially in midfield and attack.
Their goalkeeper also produced several excellent saves to keep them in the game.

The idiots in both the Sandy Lane and the TDS who booed Joe Bunney should be ashamed of themselves. We are better than that.. He was given a fantastic reception by the Main Stand, and also by most other fans...why do we have a small minority of idiots?
Blackpool game on 09:46 - Dec 27 with 2079 viewsDaleiLama

Blackpool game on 20:13 - Dec 26 by nordenblue

It amused me (if no one else) that you said that, as Harrisons trademark ball out from the back when he wasn't playing it to Raff was the long cross-field ball RCB to LW and Ron and I always had a chuckle at it (in hindsight we should have had a sweepstake for the first attempt). When MJW did it, I said to Ron "he's passed the audition to replace Harrison then"

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Blackpool game on 16:47 - Dec 27 with 1674 viewsEllDale

In a perverse way I was slightly glad that we scored a late winner.
I suspect that we had scored early in the second half that we may well then have sat back and tried to protect the lead.
It's been known to happen before!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024