Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mutual consent tonight ? 16:01 - Jan 5 with 14350 viewsHopwoodblue

Thanks very much for everything but think we both need to go our separate ways ?

This really is hurting our club very badly and I can't see it being turned round under the present management team I'm afraid.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Mutual consent tonight ? on 20:53 - Jan 5 with 3288 viewskiwidale

Mutual consent tonight ? on 20:41 - Jan 5 by sweetcorn

I didnt see you or anyone for that matter complaining at the time..

There was nothing to complain about at the time.

This is not the time for bickering.

Mutual consent tonight ? on 21:07 - Jan 5 with 3180 viewsrichfoad32

Mutual consent tonight ? on 20:53 - Jan 5 by kiwidale

Surely that's his point? When it was almost universally accepted as a good deal by all concerned at the time, it's a bit late to be querying the length of the contract now it's all turned sour.
Mutual consent tonight ? on 21:14 - Jan 5 with 3106 viewssweetcorn

Mutual consent tonight ? on 20:53 - Jan 5 by kiwidale

Exactly.. so you can’t moan about something you had no issue with at the time now you see it differently in hindsight.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 21:16]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Mutual consent tonight ? on 21:26 - Jan 5 with 3041 viewsfunkkk

Mutual consent tonight ? on 20:41 - Jan 5 by sweetcorn

I didnt see you or anyone for that matter complaining at the time..

Are you suggesting nobody questioned offering a five year contract?
Mutual consent tonight ? on 21:31 - Jan 5 with 2991 viewssweetcorn

Mutual consent tonight ? on 21:26 - Jan 5 by funkkk

Are you suggesting nobody questioned offering a five year contract?

I’m suggesting that very thing. I can bump the thread for you if you like?

Not a single person on this messageboard questioned the deal..

Mutual consent tonight ? on 21:45 - Jan 5 with 2913 viewsNinco

Mutual consent tonight ? on 21:31 - Jan 5 by sweetcorn

Maybe not, but the directors should have weighed up the pros and cons when they offered it and should take responsibility now that it has gone tits up.
Mutual consent tonight ? on 21:52 - Jan 5 with 2858 viewsD_Dale

Mutual consent tonight ? on 21:14 - Jan 5 by sweetcorn

Exactly.. so you can’t moan about something you had no issue with at the time now you see it differently in hindsight.

Tell that to all the couples who ended up in the divorce courts.
Mutual consent tonight ? on 22:33 - Jan 5 with 2708 viewsMoonyDale

Mutual consent tonight ? on 21:31 - Jan 5 by sweetcorn

Did every member of this message board endorse the deal? Or said they were happy with the deal? And did you actually say to Kiwi that he can't complain about a deal now, that he was happy with at the time? Have you never heard of divorce? A deal you were happy with when you slipped the ring on her finger then a few years down the road you fkin hate each other and can't wait to get out of it.......Do you ever proof read some of the utter shite you come out with?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

Mutual consent tonight ? on 22:35 - Jan 5 with 2690 viewsBrookers81

Mutual consent tonight ? on 22:33 - Jan 5 by MoonyDale

Did every member of this message board endorse the deal? Or said they were happy with the deal? And did you actually say to Kiwi that he can't complain about a deal now, that he was happy with at the time? Have you never heard of divorce? A deal you were happy with when you slipped the ring on her finger then a few years down the road you fkin hate each other and can't wait to get out of it.......Do you ever proof read some of the utter shite you come out with?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/burton-albion/115997

Poll: Which position do we need to sign a new player in first ?

Mutual consent tonight ? on 03:29 - Jan 6 with 2340 viewssweetcorn

Mutual consent tonight ? on 22:33 - Jan 5 by MoonyDale

I need to proof read what i put and you’ve just compared a contract of employment to a marriage ffs..

I’m friends with many dale fans and the thread on here has had over 8,000 views and not one reservation was made by anyone. It’s easy saying now things have gone bad that it was a bad idea, but it was universally accepted as a positive at the time as we either had 5 more years of hill or a good compensation package should he get poached..

Mutual consent tonight ? on 05:02 - Jan 6 with 2282 viewskiwidale

Mutual consent tonight ? on 21:14 - Jan 5 by sweetcorn

Lets stop the name calling for a minute I was pleased as punch along with most when the deal when first announced but are you seriously saying that excludes me or anybody from changing there mind after 18 months of dross? explain your logic because for the life in me I cant see it. I also remember more than one questioning the length of the contract abeit they were by far in the minority did you really trawl back to read the thread again? really.

Mutual consent tonight ? on 05:27 - Jan 6 with 2263 viewsfrenzied

I have no complaints about his 5 year deal.

For better or for worse as they say..i think we’ve a little further to fall before we hit rock bottom.

These remain our halcyon days.

Just hope we can bring in a player with experience to galvanise the players around him into a working functional confident unit.

Keep the faith....it’s darkest just before dawn ..
Mutual consent tonight ? on 05:36 - Jan 6 with 2263 viewskiwidale

Mutual consent tonight ? on 05:27 - Jan 6 by frenzied

I have no complaints about his 5 year deal.

For better or for worse as they say..i think we’ve a little further to fall before we hit rock bottom.

These remain our halcyon days.

Just hope we can bring in a player with experience to galvanise the players around him into a working functional confident unit.

Keep the faith....it’s darkest just before dawn ..

I hope your right Lad I really do.

Mutual consent tonight ? on 06:10 - Jan 6 with 2249 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Giving the five year contract was well deserved, especially after receiving the windfall from the Scott Hogan sell on clauses. My only reservation at the time was, that we were about to make KH untouchable and with his personality type, this would be used to the benefit of KH and not the club.

Bizarrely I think it was when we received the Scott Hogan transfer money that the problems started due to the following reasons :-

1) Hill and the board cacked themselves at the possibility of promotion and killed the dream of ever reaching the Championship stone dead. This changed the whole philosophy of KH and what we were used to.

2) It also seemed that from that point onwards, the whole club has been moth balled, the chairman took a back seat, a number of the older players were given longer contracts that would see them to the end of their league careers. The lazy recruitment started, finding the Gem of a player and the special results against the bigger teams in the league dried up.

3) Commercially we became lazy, it was the beginning of the end of Goldbond, phone calls and emails to book hospitality weren't being answered and the excellent media and information flow dried up.

So from what could have been the start of something special, the windfall has seen us drop into a deep slumber that we are yet to awaken from, on or off the pitch. Which is such a shame.

Hopefully the new board will be able to do this and hopefully Keith will get the jolt he needs after the fans reaction today and become the manager that he was, the one we loved, not the one who has over seen our worst run of results for 30 odd years.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Mutual consent tonight ? on 07:32 - Jan 6 with 2195 viewsD_Alien

Mutual consent tonight ? on 06:10 - Jan 6 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Giving the five year contract was well deserved, especially after receiving the windfall from the Scott Hogan sell on clauses. My only reservation at the time was, that we were about to make KH untouchable and with his personality type, this would be used to the benefit of KH and not the club.

Bizarrely I think it was when we received the Scott Hogan transfer money that the problems started due to the following reasons :-

1) Hill and the board cacked themselves at the possibility of promotion and killed the dream of ever reaching the Championship stone dead. This changed the whole philosophy of KH and what we were used to.

2) It also seemed that from that point onwards, the whole club has been moth balled, the chairman took a back seat, a number of the older players were given longer contracts that would see them to the end of their league careers. The lazy recruitment started, finding the Gem of a player and the special results against the bigger teams in the league dried up.

3) Commercially we became lazy, it was the beginning of the end of Goldbond, phone calls and emails to book hospitality weren't being answered and the excellent media and information flow dried up.

So from what could have been the start of something special, the windfall has seen us drop into a deep slumber that we are yet to awaken from, on or off the pitch. Which is such a shame.

Hopefully the new board will be able to do this and hopefully Keith will get the jolt he needs after the fans reaction today and become the manager that he was, the one we loved, not the one who has over seen our worst run of results for 30 odd years.

Good analysis

Would disagree with 3) slightly in that the appointment of Frances Fielding gave the commercial side something of a boost at around the same time, but this was perhaps offset by the board taking their eye off the playing side (thinking KH would simply sort it) whilst the stadium acquisition went through. By the time this happened, we were already into the slump in performance

It's all starting to make sense now, with hindsight; but there were warning voices on here at the time too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mutual consent tonight ? on 11:24 - Jan 6 with 1917 viewsMoonyDale

Mutual consent tonight ? on 03:29 - Jan 6 by sweetcorn

I need to proof read what i put and you’ve just compared a contract of employment to a marriage ffs..

I’m friends with many dale fans and the thread on here has had over 8,000 views and not one reservation was made by anyone. It’s easy saying now things have gone bad that it was a bad idea, but it was universally accepted as a positive at the time as we either had 5 more years of hill or a good compensation package should he get poached..

A contract is a contract, are you really as stupid as you seem? Employment, marriage, even Sky fookin TV, things change and so do people's minds. I take it you've never changed your mind on a contract ever ? You absolute fkin saint Sweetcorn I salute you sir.......

Mutual consent tonight ? on 11:51 - Jan 6 with 1854 viewsseasidedale

We all know he isnt going to go, so whatever we think we should get behind the team and club and pull together in this difficult time, who know what will happen team rochdale?
Mutual consent tonight ? on 11:51 - Jan 6 with 1852 viewsjonahwhereru

Hindsight what a wonderful tool. It is the thing we use in life to develop and mature. It is also the tool that makes you cringe at the well intended mistakes you have made.

There is no use crying over spilt milk, especially when the bumped thread shows 100% endorsement of the deal. You can rue the day you met your wife or Or that Keith Hill was given a five year deal, but they are facts. Don’t let anyone make out they are a smart arse who new better than the board, they didn’t.

When you’re in the shite you need to start shovelling, not sniping at each other. That goes for the club and supporters.

UTD
Mutual consent tonight ? on 12:59 - Jan 6 with 1743 viewsMoonyDale

Mutual consent tonight ? on 11:51 - Jan 6 by jonahwhereru

Hindsight what a wonderful tool. It is the thing we use in life to develop and mature. It is also the tool that makes you cringe at the well intended mistakes you have made.

There is no use crying over spilt milk, especially when the bumped thread shows 100% endorsement of the deal. You can rue the day you met your wife or Or that Keith Hill was given a five year deal, but they are facts. Don’t let anyone make out they are a smart arse who new better than the board, they didn’t.

When you’re in the shite you need to start shovelling, not sniping at each other. That goes for the club and supporters.

UTD

Don't snipe at each other, apart from calling people smart arses that is....There were those who didn't want him back after the first stint and you can be sure they were not doing a jig with a five year contract....But many fans were over the moon. I wonder how many of those on that thread who were enthusing over the deal have changed their minds now? Doesn't make them any less of a fan that those who still think it was a good deal....And it sure as hell isn't encased in concrete, because Sweetcorn says we are not allowed to change our minds.....

Mutual consent tonight ? on 15:18 - Jan 6 with 1543 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Without asking all supporters at the time, no one will ever know how many raised their eyebrows at the five yr deal. It was hardly the most commented on thread at the time, 30 posters? I remember I thought it was a risk, thinking a two year rolling contract could have done the trick, and some others I knew at the time questioned it, but they didn’t at the time and neither did I post on here at the time and to my knowledge most don’t now. Nowt wrong with changing your mind, even if you were happy at the time. Hill in my opinion could become complacent, was one of my thoughts at the time, and I think he has, become extremely complacent, knowing it would be hard to remove him.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 15:20]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Mutual consent tonight ? on 15:26 - Jan 6 with 1519 viewsRAFCBLUE

Mutual consent tonight ? on 11:51 - Jan 6 by jonahwhereru

UTD

Great post.

I'd add - and the Board.

I make it that there are still a number of people on the Board who were involved in that original decision. Whether they agreed or disagreed at the time is irrelevant since the collective approved a five year deal which - as you say - was universally welcomed.

The Board now has a decision to make about the future of Keith Hill. That decision will be made on three grounds:

1) Football - results, style of play
2) Finances - the cost of exiting a manager on a 3.5 year deal plus his staff and the recruitment of a successor.
3) Feelings of the Board.

3) is the unknown. Although the CEO interview Col shared said that Board is fully behind Hill. The CEO would look stupid if he went so soon after that public backing - but this is football and such votes of confidence mean nothing.

The other unknown is Andrew Kilpatrick. We have had patience from the last two Chairman since 1988 who between them have presided over something like 17 or 18 management appointments - we do not know this man's mindset. We do know that we are not historically a sacking club.

I still think Hill holds 2) and 3) in the minds of the Board and something catastrophic would have to happen with his relationship with them for that to change before May.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Mutual consent tonight ? on 15:45 - Jan 6 with 1462 viewsTVOS1907

Mutual consent tonight ? on 20:27 - Jan 5 by Yorkshire_Dale

Go on.....look it up,I bet you have done....is the answer ....Never?

No, I haven't. Have had other commitments since last night, but if I find out I'll be sure to let you know first, just to make your day.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Mutual consent tonight ? on 15:49 - Jan 6 with 1443 viewsSuddenLad

Someone mentioned to me yesterday that we once did it in 2 games. The season we lost 8-0 at Orient was preceded by a 5-0 defeat. I can't remember for sure, but it rings a bell.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Mutual consent tonight ? on 15:55 - Jan 6 with 1397 viewsTVOS1907

Mutual consent tonight ? on 15:49 - Jan 6 by SuddenLad

Someone mentioned to me yesterday that we once did it in 2 games. The season we lost 8-0 at Orient was preceded by a 5-0 defeat. I can't remember for sure, but it rings a bell.

Someone is wrong.

9/10/87 Tranmere (a) 1-6
17/10/87 Darlington (h) 1-3
20/10/87 Leyton Orient (a) 0-8

Maybe they were thinking of the consecutive 0-5 and 0-4 defeats at Leyton Orient and Swindon in October 1985.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 15:59]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Mutual consent tonight ? (n/t) on 15:57 - Jan 6 with 1384 viewskiwidale

Mutual consent tonight ? on 15:49 - Jan 6 by SuddenLad

[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 15:59]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024