Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mutual consent tonight ? 16:01 - Jan 5 with 14354 viewsHopwoodblue

Thanks very much for everything but think we both need to go our separate ways ?

This really is hurting our club very badly and I can't see it being turned round under the present management team I'm afraid.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:04 - Jan 5 with 2740 viewsAlexF

I've been a massive Hill fan, but I wonder if he will continue to be a mountain of a man by having the courage to offer his resignation, he cant be enjoying this either, whatever is going on behind the scenes. TVOS - be interesting to know the last time we conceded 13 with no reply in 3 games??
Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:12 - Jan 5 with 2654 viewsYouTubeDale

Hill will not throw the towel in and I can’t see the new chairman sacking him because of Hill’s previous success at the club and compo needed.

I thought second half we showed a bit more steel in our play and were willing to work even harder. It’s that spirit and fight we need plus more skill and different method of play at times.

For example, in the first half we won a free-kick in their half, we took it quickly with a small back pass, and I am sure it came to nothing. We should have sent our players up into their box and attacked them from the free-kick instead. Another example is Inman’s play which Keith needs to change. His corners don’t beat the first man or their goalie catches it. He never gets a cross in because he hangs onto the ball too much. Just whip it in first time. All these things add up.

As said before we need an enforcer in the middle and someone who can challenge an attacking header, oh yes, we conceded again from a header today. Same old...

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:15 - Jan 5 with 2622 viewsTVOS1907

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:04 - Jan 5 by AlexF

I've been a massive Hill fan, but I wonder if he will continue to be a mountain of a man by having the courage to offer his resignation, he cant be enjoying this either, whatever is going on behind the scenes. TVOS - be interesting to know the last time we conceded 13 with no reply in 3 games??

Good question, but I think looking it up can wait for now.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:25 - Jan 5 with 2522 viewsRAFCBLUE

Mutual consent tonight ? on 17:54 - Jan 5 by funkkk

Or he has a contractually agreed severance package? We don't know do we? So many people throw numbers around on here without knowledge.

Highly unlikely.

Would you sign a five year contract to have a clause in it that could get rid of you for a pittance? I wouldn't.

The only things we know:
* The contract has a 3.5 year term remaining.
* Hill has been through the mutual consent route before, so knows the game, at Barnsley.

He may have a clause that offers Payment In Lieu of Notice ("PILON") but that just means you get what is due to you under that contract and the company can terminate immediately. You suffer no loss because the money you get is the same as if you have worked the contract.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:30 - Jan 5 with 2476 viewsMoonyDale

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:25 - Jan 5 by RAFCBLUE

Highly unlikely.

Would you sign a five year contract to have a clause in it that could get rid of you for a pittance? I wouldn't.

The only things we know:
* Hill has been through the mutual consent route before, so knows the game, at Barnsley.

He may have a clause that offers Payment In Lieu of Notice ("PILON") but that just means you get what is due to you under that contract and the company can terminate immediately. You suffer no loss because the money you get is the same as if you have worked the contract.

There will definitely be a clause in the contract for termination due to results or league position though. or there should be if he person drawing up said contract knew what they were doing. As in any job and any employment contract, if you are not doing your job to an acceptable standard then down the road you go...At an agreed compo amount I would suggest but not at the full 3.5 year term...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:31 - Jan 5 with 2465 viewsrochdaleriddler

Mutual consent tonight ? on 17:54 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

Which professional footballer, in their right mind, would look at the sequence of results & players shipped out, and want to join us?

Absolutely

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:32 - Jan 5 with 2440 viewskiwidale

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:25 - Jan 5 by RAFCBLUE

Highly unlikely.

The only things we know:

It doesn't work like that, whatever the pay out is we lose it.

This is not the time for bickering.

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:34 - Jan 5 with 2409 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:30 - Jan 5 by MoonyDale

There will definitely be a clause in the contract for termination due to results or league position though. or there should be if he person drawing up said contract knew what they were doing. As in any job and any employment contract, if you are not doing your job to an acceptable standard then down the road you go...At an agreed compo amount I would suggest but not at the full 3.5 year term...

Surely too if he was to commit an action that was Gross Misconduct, he could be sacked.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Login to get fewer ads

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:36 - Jan 5 with 2357 viewsMoonyDale

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:34 - Jan 5 by foreverhopefulDale

Surely too if he was to commit an action that was Gross Misconduct, he could be sacked.

Yes that would be my understanding of it...

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:37 - Jan 5 with 2325 viewsRAFCBLUE

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:32 - Jan 5 by kiwidale

It doesn't work like that, whatever the pay out is we lose it.

Trust me - it works like that.

If we chose to go down that route with Hill he will go straight into the LMA and use their resources, quite rightly, to back him to get what his contract says.

And then that money is due immediately, unless the person receiving it agrees to an installment plan. Why would Hill agree to that?

The uncomfortable piece here is the 3.5 years remaining then doing the maths of that of the package and add-ons due to Hill.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:39 - Jan 5 with 2294 viewsNinco

There are only three ways of getting rid of anyone in any job. Instant dismissal isn't an option as there would had to have been gross misconduct which there clearly wasn't or he wouldn't have been at the club today.

The second one is a disciplinary meeting. To do that, you have to give 2 weeks notice to allow them time to get a union rep etc. Unless they have already given that notice, we would have to wait a further 2 weeks. Even then, we would have to prove that he is in breach of contract, so unless his contract says you cannot lose 3 games in a row or you have to achieve a certain number of points by January, we would find it difficult to prove that he has breached his contract and could be sued for unlawful dismissal.

The only other option is gardening leave, where we carry on paying him until the end of his contract while also employing someone else to do the job he was meant to do.

It seems that whichever option we choose, we are stuffed. Why did we choose to give him a 5 year deal???
Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:40 - Jan 5 with 2264 viewsD_Alien

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:37 - Jan 5 by RAFCBLUE

Trust me - it works like that.

If we chose to go down that route with Hill he will go straight into the LMA and use their resources, quite rightly, to back him to get what his contract says.

And then that money is due immediately, unless the person receiving it agrees to an installment plan. Why would Hill agree to that?

The uncomfortable piece here is the 3.5 years remaining then doing the maths of that of the package and add-ons due to Hill.

If we're relegated, does that package decrease?

Or more importantly, does it decrease enough for the board to wait until the end of the season?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:44 - Jan 5 with 2206 viewsRAFCBLUE

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:40 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

If we're relegated, does that package decrease?

Or more importantly, does it decrease enough for the board to wait until the end of the season?

I can't answer the second question D'Alien. It's a great question for the upcoming Forum though.

The first one, from what is publicly available, is possibly. We know that a number of our players have deals that pay more in this League than they did in League 2. I would assume that principle would extend to coaching staff. Unknown as to which individual(s) that relate to.

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:46 - Jan 5 with 2166 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:39 - Jan 5 by Ninco

There are only three ways of getting rid of anyone in any job. Instant dismissal isn't an option as there would had to have been gross misconduct which there clearly wasn't or he wouldn't have been at the club today.

The second one is a disciplinary meeting. To do that, you have to give 2 weeks notice to allow them time to get a union rep etc. Unless they have already given that notice, we would have to wait a further 2 weeks. Even then, we would have to prove that he is in breach of contract, so unless his contract says you cannot lose 3 games in a row or you have to achieve a certain number of points by January, we would find it difficult to prove that he has breached his contract and could be sued for unlawful dismissal.

The only other option is gardening leave, where we carry on paying him until the end of his contract while also employing someone else to do the job he was meant to do.

It seems that whichever option we choose, we are stuffed. Why did we choose to give him a 5 year deal???

IF , he has sworn at supporters today, then surely that could be regarded as Gross Misconduct? I am not saying he has, but others have,

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:48 - Jan 5 with 2147 viewskiwidale

The only way that Hill will get paid the length of his contract would be A/ Dunphy was silly enough to give him a carte blanche contract and I don't believe the club lawyers would have allowed that. or B/ Hill is petulant enough to sit out the length of Contract on garden leave. There is no doubt in my mind Hill will get offers to manage again sooner than later.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 18:50]

This is not the time for bickering.

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:49 - Jan 5 with 2130 viewsRAFCBLUE

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:46 - Jan 5 by foreverhopefulDale

IF , he has sworn at supporters today, then surely that could be regarded as Gross Misconduct? I am not saying he has, but others have,

No.

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:50 - Jan 5 with 2113 viewsTomRAFC

Who should have the transfer window, Hill or A.N. Other?

It's not just woeful on the pitch, it's bizarre off the pitch.

Thank you for the wonderful memories. This isn't like the Wenger/time to go situation anymore. It's the watching a weak drunk Brian Clough/heartbreaking Forrest relegation situation. This isn't vitriol or intentional negativity. I love this club, and it hurts to see it this way.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:56 - Jan 5 with 2033 viewsMoonyDale

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:49 - Jan 5 by RAFCBLUE

No.

Yes it can.

2 Offensive behaviour
This could involve:

Harassment
Bullying
Fighting
Aggressive or intimidating behaviour
Threats of violence
Dangerous horseplay
This can occur between colleagues, between a worker and a customer or anyone else that comes to the work site. Either way, offensive behaviour can have a big impact on employees’ health, morale, performance and confidence.

Mutual consent tonight ? on 19:05 - Jan 5 with 1984 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:49 - Jan 5 by RAFCBLUE

No.

Of course it would. If the Club wanted to fire him, without compensation, then sacking him through Gross Misconduct would be the way, and swearing at supporters could be regarded as Gross Misconduct. However, I am not convinced the Club will do, so they will allow Hill to stay, to carry on rubbishing the supporters , which surely no one can deny he has done.

Mutual consent tonight ? on 19:11 - Jan 5 with 1904 viewsD_Alien

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:56 - Jan 5 by MoonyDale

Yes it can.

2 Offensive behaviour
This could involve:

Harassment
Bullying
Fighting
Threats of violence
Dangerous horseplay
This can occur between colleagues, between a worker and a customer or anyone else that comes to the work site. Either way, offensive behaviour can have a big impact on employees’ health, morale, performance and confidence.

Dangerous horseplay would definitely be gross misconduct

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mutual consent tonight ? on 19:14 - Jan 5 with 1860 viewsRAFCBLUE

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:56 - Jan 5 by MoonyDale

Yes it can.

2 Offensive behaviour
This could involve:

Harassment
Bullying
Fighting
Threats of violence
Dangerous horseplay

I'd love to see it proved.

The post match interviews Hill has built up around the Main Stand moaners - to the point he moved the dugout - would be his way into saying "I was provoked"

Also, given our ground regulations the supporters in question could face the same question of "did they swear"

Specifically:

Without the express written approval of Club’s Management.

9. The use of threatening behaviour, foul or abusive language is strictly forbidden and will result in arrest and/or ejection from the Ground. The Club may impose a ban for one or more Matches.

If we tried that on for getting rid of Hill then a decent lawyer would have a field day.

Mutual consent tonight ? on 19:29 - Jan 5 with 1779 viewsNinco

Mutual consent tonight ? on 19:14 - Jan 5 by RAFCBLUE

The post match interviews Hill has built up around the Main Stand moaners - to the point he moved the dugout - would be his way into saying "I was provoked"

Also, given our ground regulations the supporters in question could face the same question of "did they swear"

Specifically:

9. The use of threatening behaviour, foul or abusive language is strictly forbidden and will result in arrest and/or ejection from the Ground. The Club may impose a ban for one or more Matches.

If we tried that on for getting rid of Hill then a decent lawyer would have a field day.

Well the directors appeared to be having a discussion about it after the incident and why would they have summonsed extra stewards to an area if they hadn't seen it on CCTV?
Mutual consent tonight ? on 19:34 - Jan 5 with 1739 viewsMoonyDale

Mutual consent tonight ? on 19:14 - Jan 5 by RAFCBLUE

Specifically:

Makes no difference if you'd like to see it proved or not, that is employment law in this country. Provocation makes no difference to the law and yet again it would have to be proved that the fan did indeed swear, in fact it has been stated that the fan did not swear and Hill did. At the end of the day it's down to the club if they act on it or not but it is covered by the law as it stands, like it or not...

Mutual consent tonight ? on 20:27 - Jan 5 with 1613 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Mutual consent tonight ? on 18:15 - Jan 5 by TVOS1907

Good question, but I think looking it up can wait for now.

Go on.....look it up,I bet you have done....is the answer ....Never?
Mutual consent tonight ? on 20:41 - Jan 5 with 1524 viewssweetcorn

I didnt see you or anyone for that matter complaining at the time..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024