Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Do We All Want? 10:37 - Mar 4 with 29789 viewsJimmyRustler

Coleman is doing a decent job at Accy...
Who Do We All Want? on 11:56 - Mar 4 with 3786 viewselectricblue

Who Do We All Want? on 11:54 - Mar 4 by BlueDales

The club statement says that BBM and Ellis will take training ahead of the Shrewsbury match, but not the match itself. It also ends by saying that a further statement will be made in due course. I'm, too, expecting someone to be in place by Saturday.

Quite lodgical.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Who Do We All Want? on 11:58 - Mar 4 with 3764 viewsCreepy

Who Do We All Want? on 11:51 - Mar 4 by fitzochris

Given that the Chairman has said he views the next few games as make or break for the season, it would seem to suggest he wouldn't be prepared to gamble on BBM and Ellis even in the short term, but who knows.

That said, I know for a fact, mainly because he told me, that Chris Dunphy had BBM lined up as Hill's eventual successor.

Agree with that.

Just think that with 11 games remaining, BBM and Ellis give us the best chance of staying up. A new manager has to assess the squad, find a formation and if that takes 3 or 4 games, it will be too late. Can't see anything lost in giving them till the end of the season. Would the likes of Paul Hurst , Darrell Clare, Mike Flynn etc be any less available in the summer?
Who Do We All Want? on 12:05 - Mar 4 with 3696 viewssweetcorn

Who Do We All Want? on 11:58 - Mar 4 by Creepy

Agree with that.

Just think that with 11 games remaining, BBM and Ellis give us the best chance of staying up. A new manager has to assess the squad, find a formation and if that takes 3 or 4 games, it will be too late. Can't see anything lost in giving them till the end of the season. Would the likes of Paul Hurst , Darrell Clare, Mike Flynn etc be any less available in the summer?

If Hurst is interested and we can afford him, we’d have to move for him now.. other clubs will be interested by the summer and we’d probably miss out.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Who Do We All Want? on 12:10 - Mar 4 with 3655 viewsNinco

How long has Flitcroft got left on his Mansfield contract?
Who Do We All Want? on 12:15 - Mar 4 with 3602 viewskel

Who Do We All Want? on 12:10 - Mar 4 by Ninco

How long has Flitcroft got left on his Mansfield contract?

Quite a while.

He’s sitting pretty.
Who Do We All Want? on 12:19 - Mar 4 with 3559 viewshammerdale

Kevin Nolan
Who Do We All Want? on 12:24 - Mar 4 with 3521 viewsnicknick

Gary Jones has done his badges and knows the club.
Definitely don't want Coleman or Nolan
Who Do We All Want? on 12:42 - Mar 4 with 3430 viewsMoonyDale

Who Do We All Want? on 12:24 - Mar 4 by nicknick

Said this earlier in the thread, big gamble but would be a popular choice in my eyes....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

Who Do We All Want? on 12:48 - Mar 4 with 3378 viewsJimmyRustler

Who Do We All Want? on 12:24 - Mar 4 by nicknick

Just to be clear, the Coleman suggestion was a joke..
Who Do We All Want? on 13:52 - Mar 4 with 3197 viewssweetcorn

Who Do We All Want? on 12:48 - Mar 4 by JimmyRustler

Just to be clear, the Coleman suggestion was a joke..

Id take coleman ahead of most of the managers featured in the running on skybet..

Who Do We All Want? on 14:11 - Mar 4 with 3101 viewsCanaDale

Paul Hurst should be the number one choice.
Who Do We All Want? on 14:18 - Mar 4 with 3067 viewsscarrow

Who Do We All Want? on 14:11 - Mar 4 by CanaDale

Paul Hurst should be the number one choice.

Why he didn’t exactly do well at Ipswich.

Poll: Final position

Who Do We All Want? on 14:22 - Mar 4 with 3027 viewsCanaDale

Who Do We All Want? on 14:18 - Mar 4 by scarrow

That is the Championship, there is a big gap from league 1 to there. What he did at Shrewsbury shouldn't be ignored.
Who Do We All Want? on 14:23 - Mar 4 with 3026 viewssweetcorn

Well in that case we’re not going to be able to appoint anyone, as most managers have failed at a club at some stage.

His record at grimsby and shrewsbury should put him top of any list we’re drawing up if he wants the job.

Who Do We All Want? on 14:24 - Mar 4 with 3017 viewsDaleFan7

Who has?

Hill didn't do well at Barnsley.

Hurst had done well enough in all his previous managerial jobs rising from a low level. He earned his chance to try and save a sinking ship in the Championship and it didn't work out, as it hasn't for much more experienced managers after him. Pretty much the same as Hill. However, he proved himself quite capable in League One and Two.
Who Do We All Want? on 14:24 - Mar 4 with 3018 viewsNinco

He wasn't given long enough. Any new manager needs time and their own set of players before you can judge them.

#BBMBA
Who Do We All Want? on 14:27 - Mar 4 with 2984 viewsdiver

Mourinio available a deal. could be done with Norton Grange for his accommodation
Who Do We All Want? on 14:36 - Mar 4 with 2930 viewsBrierls

Ipswich looks like a lost cause. Paul Lambert has a very similar record since replacing Hurst.

Hurst's record before Ipswich, in the Conference, League Two and League One is impressive. Managers are often judged on Win %, with anything 40% being decent. Hurst was closer to 50% at both Grimsby and Shrewsbury.

From what I remember, he oversaw a clearout at both Grimsby and Shrewsbury. Something I think we'd need post-Hill.
Who Do We All Want? on 15:30 - Mar 4 with 2700 viewsfitzochris

When it comes to available managers, we have to accept we’re more candy store than konditori. I think expectations need to be appropriate.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Who Do We All Want? on 15:40 - Mar 4 with 2621 viewsBrierls

Who Do We All Want? on 15:30 - Mar 4 by fitzochris

When it comes to available managers, we have to accept we’re more candy store than konditori. I think expectations need to be appropriate.

I bet the Google search metrics for "konditori" have just increased tenfold. I'm one of them!

I agree with what you say (now that I Googled it). My problem is trying to figure out where we sit with prospective new managers. My gut feel is that Hurst is borderline at best and we wouldn't be an attractive enough proposition for Flynn.

I hope I'm wrong on both counts.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 15:42]
Who Do We All Want? on 15:41 - Mar 4 with 2609 viewsShun

Who Do We All Want? on 15:30 - Mar 4 by fitzochris

True, but at the same time there are far more managers out of work than there are football management jobs. If we fail to agree terms with a new manager we can move on the next option straight away - they can’t, they’ll still be unemployed. That’s gives us the opportunity to be a bit choosier.
Who Do We All Want? on 15:45 - Mar 4 with 2575 views49thseason

Who Do We All Want? on 14:24 - Mar 4 by DaleFan7

Who has?

Hill didn't do well at Barnsley.

Hurst had done well enough in all his previous managerial jobs rising from a low level. He earned his chance to try and save a sinking ship in the Championship and it didn't work out, as it hasn't for much more experienced managers after him. Pretty much the same as Hill. However, he proved himself quite capable in League One and Two.

Hes probably lesrned the lesson about taking on sinking ships then.
Who Do We All Want? on 15:45 - Mar 4 with 2573 viewsfitzochris

Who Do We All Want? on 15:40 - Mar 4 by Brierls

I bet the Google search metrics for "konditori" have just increased tenfold. I'm one of them!

I agree with what you say (now that I Googled it). My problem is trying to figure out where we sit with prospective new managers. My gut feel is that Hurst is borderline at best and we wouldn't be an attractive enough proposition for Flynn.

So do I and I certainly think, of all those available, Hurst looks the best fit, if he finds us attractive enough and we can meet his demands.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Who Do We All Want? on 15:54 - Mar 4 with 2519 viewsJimmyRustler

Who Do We All Want? on 15:40 - Mar 4 by Brierls

I think we are a fairly attractive proposition given that little blame would he attributed to anyone who oversaw a relegation to League 2.

We also wouldn't be expected to pull up trees in League 2...
Who Do We All Want? on 16:07 - Mar 4 with 2450 viewsoff2div1

Who Do We All Want? on 14:27 - Mar 4 by diver

Mourinio available a deal. could be done with Norton Grange for his accommodation

So is Ranieri
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024