Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Do We All Want? 10:37 - Mar 4 with 29784 viewsJimmyRustler

Coleman is doing a decent job at Accy...
Who Do We All Want? on 10:06 - Mar 5 with 3423 viewselectricblue

Many have said on this forum that Dale are not a sacking club.....

Stats do prove otherwise....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Who Do We All Want? on 10:52 - Mar 5 with 3314 viewsD_Alien

Who Do We All Want? on 10:06 - Mar 5 by electricblue

Just to be clear, the term "sacking club" generally refers to clubs with a history of sacking managers in rapid succession the minute they hit a poor run. As far as i'm concerned, that's happened once in my lifetime: in 2011

[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 11:22]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Who Do We All Want? on 11:16 - Mar 5 with 3234 viewsdingdangblue

3 managers in 8 seasons.
Some clubs go through that in 1 season!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Who Do We All Want? on 12:26 - Mar 5 with 3129 viewsfunkkk

Who Do We All Want? on 08:01 - Mar 5 by sweetcorn

Knows the club? Give over, he played 12 games at a rochdale Pre-Hill, he’d be joining a very different club to the one he had a loan spell at..

Yeah, I was going to caveat it by saying it was a short period a long time ago but I couldn't be arsed. Not really a big deal is it?
Who Do We All Want? on 12:29 - Mar 5 with 3117 viewsDaleFan7

Who Do We All Want? on 11:16 - Mar 5 by dingdangblue

3 managers in 8 seasons.
Some clubs go through that in 1 season!

Haven't Bradford had 5 in the last 12 month?
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:57 - Mar 5 with 3057 viewsDaleyBrent

Who Do We All Want? on 13:02 - Mar 5 with 3030 viewsDaleyBrent

For me, I’d stick with BBM ‘til the end of the season. Will give us a level of continuity and will relay similar messages to Hilly but without the ego and erratic behaviour. This can only be a good thing. Plus, he will gain the support of the fans 100%. If he does well, we reward him with a 12 month contract to see how he goes. This would also prevent the youth policy we have from falling in jeopardy from some old school has been who couldn’t care less. Again, this can only be a good thing!

If BBM crashes and burns, I think we go for Darrell Clarke. Young Manager, has achieved promotion from League 2 before and could rebuild our team from top to bottom with a completely new and fresh approach. Did a terrific job at Bristol Rovers and Salisbury. Would be a 2 year deal for me to really give him a chance at building a team to go back up again!
Who Do We All Want? on 13:12 - Mar 5 with 3000 viewssweetcorn

Who Do We All Want? on 13:02 - Mar 5 by DaleyBrent

For me, I’d stick with BBM ‘til the end of the season. Will give us a level of continuity and will relay similar messages to Hilly but without the ego and erratic behaviour. This can only be a good thing. Plus, he will gain the support of the fans 100%. If he does well, we reward him with a 12 month contract to see how he goes. This would also prevent the youth policy we have from falling in jeopardy from some old school has been who couldn’t care less. Again, this can only be a good thing!

If BBM crashes and burns, I think we go for Darrell Clarke. Young Manager, has achieved promotion from League 2 before and could rebuild our team from top to bottom with a completely new and fresh approach. Did a terrific job at Bristol Rovers and Salisbury. Would be a 2 year deal for me to really give him a chance at building a team to go back up again!

If you sack a manager it’s usually not to keep a level of continuity..

Unless BBM starts pulling up trees we will be getting someone this season.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

Who Do We All Want? on 13:15 - Mar 5 with 2989 viewsDaleyBrent

Who Do We All Want? on 13:12 - Mar 5 by sweetcorn

If you sack a manager it’s usually not to keep a level of continuity..

Unless BBM starts pulling up trees we will be getting someone this season.

I think you’re missing my point. The continuity comes from the fact that BBM has learnt his coaching trade under Rochdale’s most successful ever manager. He will of course have his own way of doing things and will know first hand what worked under Hilly and what went so wrong under Hilly.
Who Do We All Want? on 13:16 - Mar 5 with 2973 viewsrochdaleriddler

Where are the in the knowers, I want to know what is happening

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Who Do We All Want? on 13:17 - Mar 5 with 2967 viewssweetcorn

Who Do We All Want? on 13:15 - Mar 5 by DaleyBrent

I think you’re missing my point. The continuity comes from the fact that BBM has learnt his coaching trade under Rochdale’s most successful ever manager. He will of course have his own way of doing things and will know first hand what worked under Hilly and what went so wrong under Hilly.

I understood your point quite fine, however, the board have made a statement in getting rid of Hill, i’d imagine their vision is to go in a completely different direction, not install some poundland version who has learnt under Hill.

Who Do We All Want? on 13:45 - Mar 5 with 2870 viewsD_Alien

Who Do We All Want? on 13:17 - Mar 5 by sweetcorn

I understood your point quite fine, however, the board have made a statement in getting rid of Hill, i’d imagine their vision is to go in a completely different direction, not install some poundland version who has learnt under Hill.

DaleyBrent makes a good case for BBM. If the board gave him a chance, he wouldn't be a poundland version but would enable them to take a wider look at who might be available. I think he deserves the next two home games at least, although if the board bring someone else in then fair enough. It was pretty clear after Chris Beech's couple of games that he wasn't the answer back in 2011

But if they don't just yet, not having someone lined up immediately isn't a sign of negligence on the part of the board, just as it wasn't when Hill was appointed in 2006

Who Do We All Want? on 13:48 - Mar 5 with 2855 viewsMoonyDale

Who Do We All Want? on 13:17 - Mar 5 by sweetcorn

Not a fan of BBM then Sweetcorn?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Who Do We All Want? on 13:58 - Mar 5 with 2810 viewsjudd

Who Do We All Want? on 13:45 - Mar 5 by D_Alien

DaleyBrent makes a good case for BBM. If the board gave him a chance, he wouldn't be a poundland version but would enable them to take a wider look at who might be available. I think he deserves the next two home games at least, although if the board bring someone else in then fair enough. It was pretty clear after Chris Beech's couple of games that he wasn't the answer back in 2011

But if they don't just yet, not having someone lined up immediately isn't a sign of negligence on the part of the board, just as it wasn't when Hill was appointed in 2006

Your last point is wholly valid in this situation, given the paucity of time afforded Hill to thank his bosses for the vote of confidence before he was shown the door.

We cannot take as read the "diary" statement from last week, can we take anything else we have read and/or heard from the club since with any degree of confidence?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Who Do We All Want? on 14:02 - Mar 5 with 2796 viewsD_Alien

Who Do We All Want? on 13:58 - Mar 5 by judd

Your last point is wholly valid in this situation, given the paucity of time afforded Hill to thank his bosses for the vote of confidence before he was shown the door.

We cannot take as read the "diary" statement from last week, can we take anything else we have read and/or heard from the club since with any degree of confidence?

No

Who Do We All Want? on 14:10 - Mar 5 with 2758 viewsWizard

Dave Flitcroft if he would come!

Poll: Player of the season 18/19

Who Do We All Want? on 14:14 - Mar 5 with 2732 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Who Do We All Want? on 08:31 - Mar 6 with 2362 viewswimborne_dale

Is Mohrino still available?

Edgar Allan's Crow

Who Do We All Want? on 08:53 - Mar 6 with 2301 viewssweetcorn

Who Do We All Want? on 13:48 - Mar 5 by MoonyDale

Not a fan of BBM then Sweetcorn?

Im not, not a fan. I’ve nothing against BBM. But if you’re making a statement in getting rid of Hill, i dont think going for one of his coaches is the answer.

Although that said i’d rather BBM than Evatt.

Who Do We All Want? on 09:21 - Mar 6 with 2238 viewsTVOS1907

No they dont.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Who Do We All Want? on 10:00 - Mar 6 with 2132 viewselectricblue

Who Do We All Want? on 13:45 - Mar 5 by D_Alien

The next two home games!
If things dont go dales way and get at least 4pts that leaves the next manager with only 9 games to pull the rabbit out of the hat....

Are the board willing to risk those 9 games!

Then again on the other boot a new manager takes over on tursday gets two poor results from the two home games and suddenly its down to the last 9 games...
But at least the new manager had an insight during those two matches of what is required...

The present situation of whoever comes in is for a rough final few mths.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Who Do We All Want? on 12:10 - Mar 6 with 1971 viewsEllGazzell

If Gary Jones can translate his football style into management then the Dale are guaranteed mid table in whatever league he takes over in.

[Post edited 6 Mar 2019 12:38]

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Who Do We All Want? on 12:14 - Mar 6 with 1954 viewsBrierls

Steven Gerrard.

If Leicester can attract Brendan Rodgers, then I'm sure we can get Stevie G on board. I think he'd be able to make the step up.
Who Do We All Want? on 15:45 - Mar 6 with 1832 viewsWizard

Would Rochdale born Chris Lucketti be worth bringing in at some capacity!
Did well at Scunny as Asst Manager, OK failed at Bury were he only got about 10 games. I think he may be currently at Salford City as Asst Manager. May even still live in Rochdale. All started for him in the youth at Rochdale, knows the area, the people and being a local lad might have some passion!

Poll: Player of the season 18/19

Who Do We All Want? on 15:59 - Mar 6 with 1786 views442Dale

Who Do We All Want? on 15:45 - Mar 6 by Wizard

Would Rochdale born Chris Lucketti be worth bringing in at some capacity!
Did well at Scunny as Asst Manager, OK failed at Bury were he only got about 10 games. I think he may be currently at Salford City as Asst Manager. May even still live in Rochdale. All started for him in the youth at Rochdale, knows the area, the people and being a local lad might have some passion!

Flitcroft, Lucketti, Lee Clark.

None of the above.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024