Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Winter break 18:55 - Jan 27 with 1028 viewsSaintsforeverj

So Klopp is going to play the reserves in their replay and ask his assistant to take charge. I don't have much sympathy for these players earning 100k plus a week not being able to go on holiday. Everybody else only gets 4 weeks holiday for a lot less and they can retire at 35 and have as many breaks as they like then.

However, for the winter break to be set, only for games then to be played in what was supposed to be a break, seems strange.

I'm hoping that Shrewsbury can pull off a shock against Liverpool under 23s.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 18:56]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Winter break on 19:04 - Jan 27 with 1001 viewsIngskneeslide

If Twitter is any sort of barometer for these sort of things the Scousers/cult followers overwhelmingly support Klopp, despite what Nick would like us to believe.
Winter break on 19:15 - Jan 27 with 980 viewsBison

Shrewsbury have played 2 fewer games than Liverpool this season with a much smaller squad.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Winter break on 23:42 - Jan 27 with 876 viewsericofarabia

Winter break on 19:15 - Jan 27 by Bison

Shrewsbury have played 2 fewer games than Liverpool this season with a much smaller squad.

And you can bet they don't fly to long distance away games, or get put up in 5 star hotels with top notch gym and spa facilities or have each player worrying about where the next 200,000 quid is coming from, or play on pitches which are in tip top condition each week even at this time of the year.
Winter break on 11:36 - Jan 28 with 811 viewsericofarabia

In an initially unrelated search, prompted by a post on Northern Saints with a pic of post match os semi final win at Anfield, somebody had posted "Oh what a night" .... so I thought it would be witty to say something about a mid week game from Dec 63!!!

As it was the only non Sat game was Boxing Day which wouldn't have been an evening ko ........BUT what I did notice, was that this was the winter of the BIG Freeze, and we only played 1 game between Boxing Day and March 2nd 1964!! Now that is some Mid Season Break, which obviously did us some good we beat Portsmyth 4-2 at The Dell on March 2nd. Pay back was 8 games between may 1st to 22nd May!!

EDIT .... just realised I was looking at Dec 62 not 63, but hey ho the same points apply, even if tthe link doesn't. But the moment I mention Portsmyth all facts became null and void anyway!!

The mid season break this season is a bit of a farce, why should EPL teams get it, but not lower tiers who play more league games?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 11:38]
Winter break on 13:12 - Jan 28 with 767 viewsarfurdent

Winter break on 11:36 - Jan 28 by ericofarabia

In an initially unrelated search, prompted by a post on Northern Saints with a pic of post match os semi final win at Anfield, somebody had posted "Oh what a night" .... so I thought it would be witty to say something about a mid week game from Dec 63!!!

As it was the only non Sat game was Boxing Day which wouldn't have been an evening ko ........BUT what I did notice, was that this was the winter of the BIG Freeze, and we only played 1 game between Boxing Day and March 2nd 1964!! Now that is some Mid Season Break, which obviously did us some good we beat Portsmyth 4-2 at The Dell on March 2nd. Pay back was 8 games between may 1st to 22nd May!!

EDIT .... just realised I was looking at Dec 62 not 63, but hey ho the same points apply, even if tthe link doesn't. But the moment I mention Portsmyth all facts became null and void anyway!!

The mid season break this season is a bit of a farce, why should EPL teams get it, but not lower tiers who play more league games?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 11:38]

MONEY

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Winter break on 14:57 - Jan 28 with 722 viewsericofarabia

I somehow got a link on my FB feed from Liverpool Echo with everybody praising Klopps Fa Cup stance on banning Replays etc so I went on Rant Mode ....

" What a load of sanctimonious tripe from Klopp. If he wanted to avoid a replay he could have picked a stronger team. You don't hear Shrewsury complaining, even though they have played just 2 games less than Liverpool have this season, with a much smaller pool of players, not playing on pristine pitches week in week out, nor flying to away games and staying in 5 star hotels overnight, nor live in mansions and own top range cars or have to worr about when the next pay packet is coming in etc. The TV and Replay earnings could be the difference between survival or bankruptcy for many lower tier clubs. It was the elitest so called Big Clubs that pushed for more money spinning Group Stages in The European Competitions rather than knockout rounds. They already join the League Cup later than anybody else if they are 'representing England' in Europe. They are not! Their progress in European Competitions doesn't benefit any other clubs in the League bar themselves. It is an utter disgrace that the League and FA authorities kowtow to their demands, whilst depriving the smaller lower tier teams the chance of a replay and further degrade the magic of The FA Cup, which they already show complete disdain for by playing weakened teams in the 1st place. Anybody who backs Klopp needs to get themselves off to a Lower Tier game and watch a bit of rel world grass root football"

and ..... 'You need to wake up and realise that football actually exists outside of the Money Spinning EPL, and that lower tier clubs could be saved from extintion by money earned from a televised cup replay. Shrewsbury's season started 9 July, and have played 42 games so far this season. You don't hear them screaming for a mid season break'. in reply to LFC fans saying Klopp is right etc

and when I saw this moronic reply ...... I think that the lower division clubs can see a reduction in a revenue stream by replays on top clubs grounds.

With this .... How can there be a reduction in revenue for the lower league teams earning a replay at a bigger teams ground, which may also be televised? They get to keep 45% of Gate Fees and half any TV fees. The replay could net as much money for Shrewsbury as hey could over the course of several months if not a season. To cut off that possible avenue of revenue just to please the rich clubs and let them have a week in Dubai whilst all the other clubs are playing is pathetic.
Winter break on 15:20 - Jan 28 with 705 viewsthis_charming_man

the FA Cup has existed for over 100 years and taken part in by 100s of team and it should be changed because a couple of people at the richest clubs in the world don't like it? F*ck off.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Winter break on 18:34 - Jan 28 with 632 viewsChesham_Saint

Winter break on 15:20 - Jan 28 by this_charming_man

the FA Cup has existed for over 100 years and taken part in by 100s of team and it should be changed because a couple of people at the richest clubs in the world don't like it? F*ck off.

Tvvats like Klopp don’t seem to realise that the football environment is fragile. Without the pyramid What’s the point? Arrogant pleb.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

Winter break on 19:27 - Jan 28 with 581 viewsfranniesTache

If you want the truth of this whole situation you only have to read between the lines of Klopp's actual statement.

"“The Associations already brought us into a situation a few weeks ago where we have to think do we play the Carabao Cup or the Club World Cup. Why do we have to make a decision? There is a schedule, find a way. That’s normal. People asked us to play against Aston Villa because in England no-one really thinks it’s important to be there.
“We went there (to Qatar). If we had sent the kids there, it would have been a massive statement to the outside world that we are not interested in what they are interested in. It is a really big tournament for everyone apart from England, Germany… Europe let me say it like that. We were in that situation and now we are in it again."

He's basically saying that Liverpools global brand and their overseas plastics are more important than our domestic competitions.
Winter break on 20:09 - Jan 28 with 548 viewsericofarabia

Winter break on 19:27 - Jan 28 by franniesTache

If you want the truth of this whole situation you only have to read between the lines of Klopp's actual statement.

"“The Associations already brought us into a situation a few weeks ago where we have to think do we play the Carabao Cup or the Club World Cup. Why do we have to make a decision? There is a schedule, find a way. That’s normal. People asked us to play against Aston Villa because in England no-one really thinks it’s important to be there.
“We went there (to Qatar). If we had sent the kids there, it would have been a massive statement to the outside world that we are not interested in what they are interested in. It is a really big tournament for everyone apart from England, Germany… Europe let me say it like that. We were in that situation and now we are in it again."

He's basically saying that Liverpools global brand and their overseas plastics are more important than our domestic competitions.

WAC
Winter break on 21:11 - Jan 28 with 507 viewssolent_toffee

If any of you lot haven’t been to the tin mine for a while, you’re in for a treat on Saturday. Grown men in full kit w@nker clobber, tourists doing a supermarket sweep at the club shop, stewards all over town ‘assisting’ these cult coonts to make their way, sorry pilgrimage to the ground,even though it’s only a couple of miles up the road whilst town remains packed in the pubs during the game because literally thousands of the cranks turn up every home with no intention of going to the game but to soak up the atmosphere that you don’t get tellyclapping them back in Bodmin, Sittingbourne, Didcot or Oslo.

Klopp is absolutely perfectly made for them.
Winter break on 21:17 - Jan 28 with 496 viewsRon11

Winter break on 21:11 - Jan 28 by solent_toffee

If any of you lot haven’t been to the tin mine for a while, you’re in for a treat on Saturday. Grown men in full kit w@nker clobber, tourists doing a supermarket sweep at the club shop, stewards all over town ‘assisting’ these cult coonts to make their way, sorry pilgrimage to the ground,even though it’s only a couple of miles up the road whilst town remains packed in the pubs during the game because literally thousands of the cranks turn up every home with no intention of going to the game but to soak up the atmosphere that you don’t get tellyclapping them back in Bodmin, Sittingbourne, Didcot or Oslo.

Klopp is absolutely perfectly made for them.

How dare you drag Sittingbourne in to this.
Winter break on 21:59 - Jan 28 with 472 viewsIngskneeslide

Nice little bit of victimhood mixed in there too. That quote is like playing a game of LFC bingo
Winter break on 22:18 - Jan 28 with 451 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

It's ridiculous.

Firstly it's outrageous they even went to Qatar in the first place; a place where homosexuality is illegal, yet the week before were parading around in rainbow laces and armbands. F**king hypocrites. Places like Qatar should be boycotted for sports full stop, disgusting backwards thinking.

Secondly, this break. WTF is this break all about anyway? Ahhhh, poor cherubs suddenly need a mid-season break? F**k off.

Thirdly, disgusting treatment of the FA Cup, the best cup competition in the world being downgraded yet again by these dinlos.

It's genuinely been an interesting season, yet they still manage to try to mess it up and cater for all the plastic overseas fans.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Winter break on 22:58 - Jan 28 with 416 viewsBicester_North

Winter break on 22:18 - Jan 28 by Gennaro_Contaldo

It's ridiculous.

Firstly it's outrageous they even went to Qatar in the first place; a place where homosexuality is illegal, yet the week before were parading around in rainbow laces and armbands. F**king hypocrites. Places like Qatar should be boycotted for sports full stop, disgusting backwards thinking.

Secondly, this break. WTF is this break all about anyway? Ahhhh, poor cherubs suddenly need a mid-season break? F**k off.

Thirdly, disgusting treatment of the FA Cup, the best cup competition in the world being downgraded yet again by these dinlos.

It's genuinely been an interesting season, yet they still manage to try to mess it up and cater for all the plastic overseas fans.

Perfect summary

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024