Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yoshida 19:07 - Feb 2 with 2739 views1teeminants

He’ll Always be a saints legend in my eyes ( ok legend maybe a bit strong but a decent hardworking pro ), some won’t agree but he always gave 100 % unlike so many of our squad. He never complained and never shirked a challenge. When Matt Le Tiss praises a player you know they’ve done something right .Good luck to you Maya.

https://stmarysmusings.sbnation.com/2020/2/2/21118878/maya-yoshida-bids-emotiona
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 21:49]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Yoshida on 10:42 - Feb 3 with 718 viewsSaintNick

Yoshida on 20:57 - Feb 2 by PatfromPoole

I thought he played really well at Fratton in the Cup despite provocation from that arsehole Marquis.

Will also remember how superb he was in the Cup semi-final at Anfield.

He was a great value signing given his little he cost. Yes, he often had a dodgy backpass in him, but overall he did far more good than bad.

Sorry to have to pick on Pat's post to put in my take on Yoshida.

I don't disagree with the fact that he was a good servant and yes he just got on with things, but he was not a Premier League quality player and that is my main criticism of him.

Sometimes he would get away with things and sometimes he wouldn't, the Anfield game in the semi is a case in kind, Pat remembers him having a superb game, my memory is of Liverpool battering us for best part of 90 minutes but failing to score, best illustrated by Daniel Sturridge missing two sitters, one where he was completely unmarked about 7 yards out and instead of just controlling the ball and slotting it home he tried a spectacular scissors kick type thing and the ball flew over the bar. (Don't even get me started on the marking for Ibrahimovic's winner at Wembley

I was stood watching both of those and so did Yoshida and Stephens, we got away with it that night at Anfield because of poor Liverpool finishing nothing else.

Good luck to Yoshida I truly wish him well, he has been value for money , when i was involved with the Saints exhibition a couple of years ago I co ordinated the voting for Saints best ever team, the first criteria we looked at was 175 League games for the club, Yoshida played 135 with 19 as sub out of a possible 290 so I don't think he is a legend, not even close to getting into our top 30 list of central defenders even.

Dejan Lovren turned out to be an utter **** but he still had more great games for Saints than Yoshida, I try and be subjective and base my opinions on fact and not emotion.

Yoshida's popularity is akin to Harrison Reed's there are still those who say Reed should be in the side now and not Ward Prowse

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Yoshida on 10:44 - Feb 3 with 714 viewsWalkingRosie

Yoshida on 10:34 - Feb 3 by franniesTache

genuine miracle we stayed up so often really, the quality of the team back then was pretty bloody awful. All they had was spirit and one of the best players to ever play the game for us.

And home fans behind the goal

Northam do your job, Northam, Northam do your job

Yoshida on 12:02 - Feb 3 with 682 viewsRonManager

ありがとうございます
Arigatōgozaimasu Maya san.

I can remember when the internet was all fields

Yoshida on 12:27 - Feb 4 with 617 viewsKennington

Yoshida on 10:42 - Feb 3 by SaintNick

Sorry to have to pick on Pat's post to put in my take on Yoshida.

I don't disagree with the fact that he was a good servant and yes he just got on with things, but he was not a Premier League quality player and that is my main criticism of him.

Sometimes he would get away with things and sometimes he wouldn't, the Anfield game in the semi is a case in kind, Pat remembers him having a superb game, my memory is of Liverpool battering us for best part of 90 minutes but failing to score, best illustrated by Daniel Sturridge missing two sitters, one where he was completely unmarked about 7 yards out and instead of just controlling the ball and slotting it home he tried a spectacular scissors kick type thing and the ball flew over the bar. (Don't even get me started on the marking for Ibrahimovic's winner at Wembley

I was stood watching both of those and so did Yoshida and Stephens, we got away with it that night at Anfield because of poor Liverpool finishing nothing else.

Good luck to Yoshida I truly wish him well, he has been value for money , when i was involved with the Saints exhibition a couple of years ago I co ordinated the voting for Saints best ever team, the first criteria we looked at was 175 League games for the club, Yoshida played 135 with 19 as sub out of a possible 290 so I don't think he is a legend, not even close to getting into our top 30 list of central defenders even.

Dejan Lovren turned out to be an utter **** but he still had more great games for Saints than Yoshida, I try and be subjective and base my opinions on fact and not emotion.

Yoshida's popularity is akin to Harrison Reed's there are still those who say Reed should be in the side now and not Ward Prowse

I don’t recall Harrison Reed ever captaining a very weak national team to a last 16 at a World Cup or a famous Serie A team coming in to take him on loan.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Yoshida on 13:17 - Feb 4 with 606 viewsRon11

Yoshida on 20:37 - Feb 2 by A1079

I mentioned on another thread, that for me Yoshida represented what was good about football when seemingly we are surrounded by less gracious and well meaning representatives of football, be it players with ego's, pundits, media, money, etc.

Yoshida may have had moments in his game which resulted in errors, but over his time with us he got us out of many holes, without ever whingeing about not being an automatic choice, waiting on the sidelines to come on and fill the gaps. Look how he performed when Fonte left and then Van Dijk was injured, look how he filled in when our transfer policy left us light. He even scored some goals as well. He gave his heart and soul to the club - ok, people will say he was paid well - yes, but I doubt if he was paid as well as some and some that are paid very well have not always given their all.

You can tell he loved out club and the team and he spoke very well - in fact in a commanding way in interviews etc. Nick often said he was never a leader, but he often lead by example in his attitude and application. Sure, I am not going to say he has been the best defender we have ever had but I am glad he played for Saints and has been a part of us.

I am a little disappointed that he has been quietly cast out on loan (which I don't understand anyway given our threadbare defence options) with probably no return and no opportunity to give him the goodbye he deserves.

Cast out on loan by the penny pinching tw*ts who run this club.
Unike others, for example Van Dijk, Fonte, Hoedt and Tadic, Yoshida never sulked,whined or complained. And he also gave 110% when on the pitch.
I'd rather have eleven Yoshida's out there than the likes of Hoedt.
Yoshida on 17:14 - Feb 4 with 576 viewskernow

Yoshida on 13:17 - Feb 4 by Ron11

Cast out on loan by the penny pinching tw*ts who run this club.
Unike others, for example Van Dijk, Fonte, Hoedt and Tadic, Yoshida never sulked,whined or complained. And he also gave 110% when on the pitch.
I'd rather have eleven Yoshida's out there than the likes of Hoedt.

Agree with this.
Best of luck and best wishes Maya Yoshida.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024