Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accounts 23:34 - Feb 11 with 17619 viewsleedsdale

Accounts on 17:01 - Feb 14 with 2101 viewstony_roch975

Accounts on 14:59 - Feb 14 by fitzochris

Luke Matheson did not have a release clause in his contract. Not one of our current players do.

Interesting - a) how do you know b) why do you know c) why are you publicising private information?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Accounts on 17:06 - Feb 14 with 2078 viewsjudd

Accounts on 16:56 - Feb 14 by tony_roch975

yes and entirely plausible that there was

I'm not the one making assumptions about it in order to justify the "deal".

Poll: What is it to be then?

Accounts on 17:39 - Feb 14 with 2033 viewsfitzochris

Accounts on 17:01 - Feb 14 by tony_roch975

Interesting - a) how do you know b) why do you know c) why are you publicising private information?

A) A female Russian spy told me
B) I pumped her for information
C) To prevent unfair assumptions and accusations

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Accounts on 18:03 - Feb 14 with 1999 views442Dale

Accounts on 17:01 - Feb 14 by tony_roch975

With no specific reference to this specific subject, it has been illustrated in other threads, there appears to be some confusion about what information should be available.

There should be as much transparency as possible - see Accrington (and us after Monday hopefully once the commitments made are followed up on)

Again, to clarify, this isn’t specific to contracts etc, more in general. For example, the direction of the club, the recent accounts and the current finances of the club. Luckily we have been promised just that.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 18:08]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Accounts on 18:11 - Feb 14 with 1984 viewsfitzochris

Accounts on 18:03 - Feb 14 by 442Dale

With no specific reference to this specific subject, it has been illustrated in other threads, there appears to be some confusion about what information should be available.

There should be as much transparency as possible - see Accrington (and us after Monday hopefully once the commitments made are followed up on)

Again, to clarify, this isn’t specific to contracts etc, more in general. For example, the direction of the club, the recent accounts and the current finances of the club. Luckily we have been promised just that.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 18:08]

What information I get doesn’t come from the club, though. Questions should still be asked of the club, and answered, however. I’m as interested as anyone to see what tallies.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Accounts on 18:17 - Feb 14 with 1970 views442Dale

Accounts on 18:11 - Feb 14 by fitzochris

What information I get doesn’t come from the club, though. Questions should still be asked of the club, and answered, however. I’m as interested as anyone to see what tallies.

And my post wasn’t at all a reference to yourself and info supplied (which should be of interest to all) more why anyone would be bothered about keeping other club info private/exclusive if it has a place in the public domain. If it’s good enough for Accrington, it’s good enough for us.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Accounts on 18:30 - Feb 14 with 1952 viewsDaleiLama

Accounts on 17:39 - Feb 14 by fitzochris

A) A female Russian spy told me
B) I pumped her for information
C) To prevent unfair assumptions and accusations

Happy to help with (b) if ever you need a hand!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Accounts on 20:12 - Feb 14 with 1872 viewsShun

Accounts on 00:05 - Feb 14 by TalkingSutty

I don’t believe Hills contract was paid up in full and agree it will have been written up to also protect the Club. No doubt we had to stump up cash to both Hill and Beech but not to the extent that is being suggested.

We budget to lose about £400-£500K/season and have done for a while, the difference in last season was the increase in the playing budget and changing managers, those two decisions made by the Chairman and Directors are the main reason for the bad set of financial accounts...the Club hasn’t suddenly started to implode! I actually agreed with the increase in Hills budget, unfortunately he was given such a free reign he decided to utilise it in other ways instead of strengthening the playing squad and producing saleable assets. I also agreed with his sacking, in the end he disrespected the Club and the Supporters.

We have always had good years and bad years financially, the last 12 months or so have been our best ever when it comes to generating money into the Club...the sale of Matheson, Adshead, Magahey, Cannon, Rafferty and the Dawson Transfer add on equates to roughly £2.8 million, admittedly we don’t get all the money at once but it can be budgeted for because we will receive the money.

The Cup ties against Man United and Newcastle twice, gate receipts for those three games coupled with money for live television games against Boston and Newcastle and payments for the Sunday cup games. Prize money for the FA Cup games. If you add up all the money from our cup exploits this season it will total well over £1 million pounds, there is well over £300K in payments from television and prize money alone. That’s without mentioning spin offs from selling the worlds most expensive bacon butties to Newcastle fans etc.

So EXTRA monies raised since Hill started his fire sale last January equates to somewhere around £4 million when you also factor in our exploits in both cup competitions/Live television money/ prize money/ gate receipts and player sales up to and including Matheson...just a rough calculation gets you near that total figure over the last 12 months or so . That could be give or take £200K but it highlights how fantastic the last 12 months has been. So at the forum let’s not fall into the trap of doom and gloom from the top table, yes we had a bad year but we’ve more than made up for it since and I expect David Bottomley etc to highlight that point in the interest of fairness. To not address and acknowledge this will cause further suspicion, it’s an ideal opportunity to build bridges with the fans because let’s face we are all capable of doing the sums, we aren’t daft. Past Chairman and Directors would have been doing cartwheels at fans forums, those are sums of money they could only have dreamed of.

It’s the performances on the pitch that generate the Club money, either by selling the players or winning Cup games etc, strengthening the product on the pitch should therefore always be the priority within reason. If you constantly sell your assets and fail to invest then eventually you are left with nothing. I think there is a over reaction to those accounts, there are mitigating circumstances behind them which when taken out of the equation take us nearer to our acceptable losses.

Regarding crowds, another thousand home fans equates to probably £200k over a season, it’s small fry when you look at what money can be generated by concentrating on the product on the pitch. A good manager with a eye for a player, who is being backed by the board ( within reason), is the way forward when it comes to finances. Relying on the people of Rochdale to suddenly start turning up at Spotland and boosting the finances is a pipe dream, it doesn’t happen! Selling players and hoping to generate money from the cup competitions is something that we have always had to rely on, nothings changed. It’s the same for every other lower league Club and not a problem unique to us. It’s a risky way to exist but it’s never been any different has it?

So as a glass half full man i’ll put a different spin on this, we should be talking about the fantastic money we have recently generated which will totally obliterate the debts incurred. It surprises me that there seems to be a reluctance to celebrate that fact..like it’s some sort of dirty secret and not to be mentioned!
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 5:01]

Good post, but what do you mean about Hill utilising his increased budget in other ways rather than on the playing squad?
Login to get fewer ads

Accounts on 20:21 - Feb 14 with 1850 viewsShun

Accounts on 18:30 - Feb 14 by DaleiLama

Happy to help with (b) if ever you need a hand!

Help fitzo or help the Russian spy?
Accounts on 20:36 - Feb 14 with 1828 viewsD_Alien

Accounts on 20:21 - Feb 14 by Shun

He'll regret the "pumping" offer if it turns out to be a bot

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Accounts on 21:05 - Feb 14 with 1776 viewsTalkingSutty

Accounts on 20:12 - Feb 14 by Shun

Good post, but what do you mean about Hill utilising his increased budget in other ways rather than on the playing squad?

Using the money to reward the players already attached to the Club rather than utilising the budget increase for what it was intended for..recruitment. The fact it was allowed to happen shows that the tail was wagging the dog.
Accounts on 13:45 - Feb 15 with 1585 viewsboromat

Kieran will be on the radio talking about our accounts.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Accounts on 14:02 - Feb 15 with 1550 viewsDaleiLama

Accounts on 20:21 - Feb 14 by Shun

In spite of Fitzo's obvious journalistic credentials, those Ruskies can be a bit of a handful. 2 man job would be my guess.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Accounts on 23:02 - Feb 15 with 1360 viewsboromat

Accounts on 13:45 - Feb 15 by boromat

Kieran will be on the radio talking about our accounts.

Did anyone hear what was said?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Accounts on 23:20 - Feb 15 with 1330 viewsdingdangblue

Accounts on 23:02 - Feb 15 by boromat

Did anyone hear what was said?

From 24 mins onwards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0824gsy

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024