Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skates 21:58 - Feb 18 with 3928 viewsPatfromPoole

Ridiculously fortunate tonight. I just hope it cocks up their League form.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Skates on 15:33 - Feb 21 with 953 viewsfranniesTache

Skates on 15:29 - Feb 21 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

So, apart from equating a fan boycott on PL youth teams after the youth teams are out of the competition to crossing picket lines.

You know accuse Portsmouth workers of 'scabbing'?

The meaning of the word 'scab' came to be applied specifically to workers who crossed picket lines to take the place of striking workers.

How were the Portsmouth workers (who were non-union) taking the place of striking workers?

A scab is a scab is a scab. You're bending the meaning to suit you, but at the end of the day it's a lack of solidarity and a willingness to throw others under the bus to support yourselves.

It's a proof of a complete lack of moral fibre, and proof you're happy to be bottom feeders. Which is suitable really given your club is always at the bottom.
Skates on 15:42 - Feb 21 with 926 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Skates on 15:33 - Feb 21 by franniesTache

A scab is a scab is a scab. You're bending the meaning to suit you, but at the end of the day it's a lack of solidarity and a willingness to throw others under the bus to support yourselves.

It's a proof of a complete lack of moral fibre, and proof you're happy to be bottom feeders. Which is suitable really given your club is always at the bottom.

The Soton workers visited Portsmouth, who were non-union, and the Portsmouth workers carried on with their jobs, at their port. ie they weren't taking anyone else's position.

Educate yourself, it's been in use for around 250 years
https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/12690/why-are-people-who-cross-picket-lines-

And on moral fibre, which clubs supporters didn't carry out the 'save the club' game to help 'save' the club?

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Skates on 16:00 - Feb 21 with 918 viewsfranniesTache

Skates on 15:42 - Feb 21 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The Soton workers visited Portsmouth, who were non-union, and the Portsmouth workers carried on with their jobs, at their port. ie they weren't taking anyone else's position.

Educate yourself, it's been in use for around 250 years
https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/12690/why-are-people-who-cross-picket-lines-

And on moral fibre, which clubs supporters didn't carry out the 'save the club' game to help 'save' the club?

You're a city of scabs, you've broken strikes since the 1800's, you're breaking boycotts today

I don't need to educate myself, you're scabs, and always will be.

Portsmouth, scabbing the south coast for almost 150 years

Edit even better still, the article you linked even says you're scabs

"By the late 1700s, laborers adopted the insult to refer to workmen who wouldn't join a strike, a union, or take part in organized labor."

So even you admit you're scabs
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 16:03]
Skates on 16:10 - Feb 21 with 899 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Skates on 16:00 - Feb 21 by franniesTache

You're a city of scabs, you've broken strikes since the 1800's, you're breaking boycotts today

I don't need to educate myself, you're scabs, and always will be.

Portsmouth, scabbing the south coast for almost 150 years

Edit even better still, the article you linked even says you're scabs

"By the late 1700s, laborers adopted the insult to refer to workmen who wouldn't join a strike, a union, or take part in organized labor."

So even you admit you're scabs
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 16:03]

Read on you goon,

"Early in the next century, "scab" became even more specialized and started being applied specifically to workers who crossed picket lines to take the place of striking workers"

So, the specific meaning has been in use for over 200 years, I was out by 50 years, but you lost the whole context of the meaning. Educate yourself? probably not it seems.

[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 16:12]

Skates on 16:20 - Feb 21 with 897 viewsfranniesTache

Skates on 16:10 - Feb 21 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Read on you goon,

"Early in the next century, "scab" became even more specialized and started being applied specifically to workers who crossed picket lines to take the place of striking workers"

So, the specific meaning has been in use for over 200 years, I was out by 50 years, but you lost the whole context of the meaning. Educate yourself? probably not it seems.

[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 16:12]

oh i read that bit too, and i already knew it, but it doesn't stop you being scabs when that's what you are.

A city with a history of having no backbone when it matters, a city with a history of breaking strikes, a city with a history of undermining strikes when they happen.

If it makes you sleep easier at night i'll concede, on that one occasion out of all those occasions when you've been scabs in the last close to 150 years you were not scabs, you merely undermined a strike for your own personal benefit.

There you go, doesn't that make you look so much better, you scab c*nts
Skates on 16:43 - Feb 21 with 875 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Skates on 16:20 - Feb 21 by franniesTache

oh i read that bit too, and i already knew it, but it doesn't stop you being scabs when that's what you are.

A city with a history of having no backbone when it matters, a city with a history of breaking strikes, a city with a history of undermining strikes when they happen.

If it makes you sleep easier at night i'll concede, on that one occasion out of all those occasions when you've been scabs in the last close to 150 years you were not scabs, you merely undermined a strike for your own personal benefit.

There you go, doesn't that make you look so much better, you scab c*nts

So, you do understand it, but you just think you'll use your own meaning ie more Southampton spin , chortle chortle

And some fans deciding to go to the last 2 games after the U23 teams have been knocked out seems reasonable, but you have added it to your list of misdemeanors

Your workers were carrying out slow shifts, and getting paid for extra shifts to finish the work that should have been carried out in the previous shift. The ferry owners quite understandably cleared off, as you were cheating them out of money. The net result is that workers from your town have deprived future generations of ferry employment prospects from Southampton from shear laziness. Nothing changes

You say we are used to being at the bottom, tell me how many times you have finished top of any pile since the 59/60 season, and how many times Pompey have achieved it?

Is it 3, 4 or 5?

I assume you are under 60, so you have never been champions in your lifetime!

Skates on 16:46 - Feb 21 with 881 viewsTimSaint

Skates on 13:57 - Feb 21 by franniesTache

So 130 you going to be scabbing again? Seems the way for your pitiful sh*tshow of a city. Built on strike breaking and scabbing.

Skates, Skates are breaking a strike again...

He won't be going to Wembley.
He will say he is boycotting, but the reality is he doesn't go to games.
He prefers to post on a rival mongboard, proclaiming his team's mythical superiority (even whilst his team are actually playing) despite the time difference between the UK and Canada.

TimSaint

Skates on 17:01 - Feb 21 with 874 viewsfranniesTache

Skates on 16:43 - Feb 21 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

So, you do understand it, but you just think you'll use your own meaning ie more Southampton spin , chortle chortle

And some fans deciding to go to the last 2 games after the U23 teams have been knocked out seems reasonable, but you have added it to your list of misdemeanors

Your workers were carrying out slow shifts, and getting paid for extra shifts to finish the work that should have been carried out in the previous shift. The ferry owners quite understandably cleared off, as you were cheating them out of money. The net result is that workers from your town have deprived future generations of ferry employment prospects from Southampton from shear laziness. Nothing changes

You say we are used to being at the bottom, tell me how many times you have finished top of any pile since the 59/60 season, and how many times Pompey have achieved it?

Is it 3, 4 or 5?

I assume you are under 60, so you have never been champions in your lifetime!

Shhh now scab, i'm bored of talking to someone from such a morally inferior background.
Login to get fewer ads

Skates on 17:10 - Feb 21 with 861 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Skates on 17:01 - Feb 21 by franniesTache

Shhh now scab, i'm bored of talking to someone from such a morally inferior background.

No, you've been seen off as usual with your spinning of the facts, and denial of truths.

What a shame, I was really looking forward to the bin story

Skates on 17:42 - Feb 21 with 843 viewsfranniesTache

Skates on 17:10 - Feb 21 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

No, you've been seen off as usual with your spinning of the facts, and denial of truths.

Scab
Skates on 18:29 - Feb 21 with 815 viewsBLEEDRED

Skates on 17:10 - Feb 21 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I did not know 130 knew what facts were!!
After all the facts on the JPT final were wrong there were only 44000 Saints the other 30000 were Carlile fans (their website confirmed under 15000 ) So 15000 must have been there just to watch a major cup final!!!

There was a dock strike in London 83/84 (quite small) dockers were stopping food entering the UK,may have had something to do with the ongoing miners strike, yes dockers from Pompey did travel up to work.

Yes the Save The Saints game was a farce, but it was still amazing that nearly 2000 bought tickets for a game that had no confirmed players no kick-off time no ref etc. But at least the fans raised money to pay staff in other ways. Plus every one that was owed money was paid 100% of what was owed, not 1p in the pound ! ( I'm sure you will say that is not correct we paid nothing and you paid everyone)
Skates on 23:26 - Feb 21 with 737 viewshedgeend61

Skates on 13:23 - Feb 21 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

54,000 +

Well, If Carlisle shifted 12500 as stated previously, and the crowd was 73500, that leaves 61,000.
So it's fair to say not many neutrals would attend a 3rd Div Paint Pot Final, 54,000 is probably an under estimation.

Take last season when Little Pompey played Sunderland in front of 85,000.
Sunderland obviously being the bigger supported club,(beating Little Pompey by 30 million in the total attendance figures , we only top you by 3 million though these figures seem to be open to dispute by some ) would have probably have had a few more there, but roughly 40,000 each as not many neutrals would want to watch two poor 3rd Div sides, would they?

Do you think you'll sell 40.000 this time?, may try and get my money back from last season Doubt Salford will shift 10,000 tbh
Skates on 07:16 - Feb 23 with 649 views1teeminants

Skates on 23:26 - Feb 21 by hedgeend61

Well, If Carlisle shifted 12500 as stated previously, and the crowd was 73500, that leaves 61,000.
So it's fair to say not many neutrals would attend a 3rd Div Paint Pot Final, 54,000 is probably an under estimation.

Sunderland obviously being the bigger supported club,(beating Little Pompey by 30 million in the total attendance figures , we only top you by 3 million though these figures seem to be open to dispute by some ) would have probably have had a few more there, but roughly 40,000 each as not many neutrals would want to watch two poor 3rd Div sides, would they?

Do you think you'll sell 40.000 this time?, may try and get my money back from last season Doubt Salford will shift 10,000 tbh

The skates won’t get anywhere near our figure and they know it .

Tinpot outfit .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Skates on 13:13 - Feb 23 with 589 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Skates on 23:26 - Feb 21 by hedgeend61

61,000 now

I can't keep up with this top top spin

Get your money back

Skates on 08:03 - Feb 24 with 537 viewsfranniesTache

Skates on 13:13 - Feb 23 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

61,000 now

Get your money back

Scab
Skates on 09:35 - Feb 24 with 493 viewsButty101

Skates on 13:13 - Feb 23 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

61,000 now

Get your money back

Scab130 - As you have such a huge following - Im happy to bet that Saints - Carlisle has a bigger attendance than Pompey - Salford final.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Skates on 14:20 - Feb 24 with 441 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Skates on 09:35 - Feb 24 by Butty101

Scab130 - As you have such a huge following - Im happy to bet that Saints - Carlisle has a bigger attendance than Pompey - Salford final.

Being that when you played them Carlisle had attendances of 5.5/6500, and Salford have had 1.5/2500 attendances then the odds don't look good, especially as Carlisle more than quadroupled their support for the big day. Salford are a tiny club, and even if Pompey turned up in vast numbers I doubt if 70,000 will be reached.

Being that Pompey won this last year, there won't be the same incentive for the fans to turn up and enjoy the show. Also, as we already have the best attendance for the competition, there seems little point in rocking up in vast numbers again.

Skates on 15:05 - Feb 24 with 430 viewsButty101

Skates on 14:20 - Feb 24 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Being that when you played them Carlisle had attendances of 5.5/6500, and Salford have had 1.5/2500 attendances then the odds don't look good, especially as Carlisle more than quadroupled their support for the big day. Salford are a tiny club, and even if Pompey turned up in vast numbers I doubt if 70,000 will be reached.

Being that Pompey won this last year, there won't be the same incentive for the fans to turn up and enjoy the show. Also, as we already have the best attendance for the competition, there seems little point in rocking up in vast numbers again.

As we all know Carlisle only took 12k.

Last year you all boycotted remember - so this should mean you have a good turnout this year and no need to sell 10 tixs per season ticket holder.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024