Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford Away 17:40 - Mar 3 with 1857 viewsBLEEDRED

Got my ticket, so went to book train , cheap advance tickets about £22 so do I book it and risk the game will not be played with any fans present????
Watford Away on 19:42 - Mar 3 with 1765 viewshedgeend61

2300 tickets sold out inside 2 days, impressive.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 19:42]
Watford Away on 21:10 - Mar 3 with 1687 viewsSaintNick

With a rail card you could prob do it for about £34 normal fare

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Watford Away on 22:50 - Mar 3 with 1644 viewsA1079

Doesn't look like there will be any for members come Thursday.
Watford Away on 22:56 - Mar 3 with 1632 viewshedgeend61

Watford Away on 22:50 - Mar 3 by A1079

Doesn't look like there will be any for members come Thursday.

Won't even be any for S/T holders with one away purchase tomorrow, let alone Thursday,
all went this afternoon
Watford Away on 23:16 - Mar 3 with 1611 viewsPatfromPoole

Got my loco ticket for £37 from Poole; pain in the arse that it is a bus from Bournemouth to Southampton both ways.

Remember to carve up your travel into trips either side of Basingstoke. Usually saves a few quid for reasons I have never really understood .....
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 23:19]

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Watford Away on 23:18 - Mar 3 with 1609 viewsA1079

Watford Away on 22:56 - Mar 3 by hedgeend61

Won't even be any for S/T holders with one away purchase tomorrow, let alone Thursday,
all went this afternoon

That's pants Hedgeend. I haven't really noticed much benefit in being a member since New Year. I was enjoying my away trips as they are generally easier for me, but since the new year they have become like gold dust. I have got my ticket for the home game for Man C instead but I suspect we will get a thrashing on that day.
Watford Away on 12:18 - Mar 4 with 1460 viewsSaintNick

Watford Away on 23:18 - Mar 3 by A1079

That's pants Hedgeend. I haven't really noticed much benefit in being a member since New Year. I was enjoying my away trips as they are generally easier for me, but since the new year they have become like gold dust. I have got my ticket for the home game for Man C instead but I suspect we will get a thrashing on that day.

I wouldnt say it is pants, I think Saints system is fair, it rewards those who buy a season ticket and go to the most away games, harsh on some who for geographical reasons etc it isnt viable to get a season ticket, but it is still fair, the only pants bit is that there will be some who use their entitlement to get a ticket for a friend etc.

The only way around it is to join a regional supporters group who can get some tickets for away games for their members

Watford Away on 12:58 - Mar 4 with 1434 viewsthis_charming_man

Watford Away on 12:18 - Mar 4 by SaintNick

I wouldnt say it is pants, I think Saints system is fair, it rewards those who buy a season ticket and go to the most away games, harsh on some who for geographical reasons etc it isnt viable to get a season ticket, but it is still fair, the only pants bit is that there will be some who use their entitlement to get a ticket for a friend etc.

The only way around it is to join a regional supporters group who can get some tickets for away games for their members

Yes the supporters groups are good. I'm in Northern Saints and they generally get a big enough allocation so anyone that wants one can get one. The only time it's been unfair was for the cup final and semi final when only home games counted. I get season tickets got first dibs, that's fair enough, but when they announced members only and only home games counted that is not fair at all. It turned out not to matter for the Semi final but for the league league cup final I thought that was very poor.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Login to get fewer ads

Watford Away on 13:04 - Mar 4 with 1432 viewsfranniesTache

I still think the system should be changed personally, said it before but worth saying again it should

Season ticket holders in qualifying group one
members in qualifying group one
Season ticket holders in qualifying group two
members in qualifying group two
Season ticket holders in qualifying group three
members in qualifying group three

etc. till it's either done, or until it hits general sale.

There's plenty of members that go to most games but can't fork out for a season ticket in one lump sum, and some of the members that go to a fair number of games actually pay more than season ticket holders in the long run anyway.
Watford Away on 15:30 - Mar 4 with 1358 viewsSaintNick

Watford Away on 13:04 - Mar 4 by franniesTache

I still think the system should be changed personally, said it before but worth saying again it should

Season ticket holders in qualifying group one
members in qualifying group one
Season ticket holders in qualifying group two
members in qualifying group two
Season ticket holders in qualifying group three
members in qualifying group three

etc. till it's either done, or until it hits general sale.

There's plenty of members that go to most games but can't fork out for a season ticket in one lump sum, and some of the members that go to a fair number of games actually pay more than season ticket holders in the long run anyway.

That could work, but you would need to start at a higher number of away games in each phase than present.

Problem is though that firstly it wouldnt change much as there have been few away games that have not gone to members even when taking reduced allocations and secondly many members probably "borrow" season ticket numbers for the more popular games so I would say some of the members with the most away games under their belt still wouldnt qualify as they wouldnt all be under their own names.

A hybrid version might work combining away games plus home gaes

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024