Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past 20:40 - Mar 9 with 16076 viewsHappy_Jack

Zoots
The Haymarket
Mado's

Must be loads more obscure ones you lot can come up with

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 11:36 - Mar 10 with 1905 viewsSaintNick

The Painted Wagon is going to reopen apparently

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 11:37 - Mar 10 with 1902 viewsMytchettSaint

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 23:11 - Mar 9 by this_charming_man

Kaos club
Aggie grays

Is the rhino still open? Had some great nights in there.

What was the name of the pub on the corner by Kaos called?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 11:40 - Mar 10 with 1891 viewsMarcus_y

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 11:37 - Mar 10 by MytchettSaint

Theory?

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 11:42 - Mar 10 with 1885 viewsthis_charming_man

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 11:36 - Mar 10 by SaintNick

The Painted Wagon is going to reopen apparently

Yes, they've already started work on it. Revealed this information a few weeks ago

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/255405/3791170/the-pain
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 11:43]

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 11:44 - Mar 10 with 1875 viewsthis_charming_man

I know the one you mean but cant remember the name of it.

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 11:53 - Mar 10 with 1870 viewsSonicBoom

The Painted Wagon was where the Stage Door or whatever it's called now is.
I remember wandering in one day and a guy came running out being chased by a lad who was beating him with a pool cue. I just stood to one side, then went in and got a beer.
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 13:22 - Mar 10 with 1832 viewskingslandstand1

Park Inn, Park Tavern, The Bargate (B King now)
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 13:24 - Mar 10 with 1832 viewsMytchettSaint

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 11:44 - Mar 10 by this_charming_man

I know the one you mean but cant remember the name of it.

Oliver goldsmith?

Bar Risa, Another one gone I remember.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 14:22 - Mar 10 with 1797 viewsthis_charming_man

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 13:24 - Mar 10 by MytchettSaint

Oliver goldsmith?

Bar Risa, Another one gone I remember.

That rings a bell

The Royal Oak.

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 15:05 - Mar 10 with 1771 viewsSonicBoom

Boogies and Street Level from years ago....
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 15:14 - Mar 10 with 1765 viewssolent_toffee

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 21:28 - Mar 9 by this_charming_man

Centro
Lizard lounge
Fez bar
JFKs
Burbanks
Thursdays
Simons wine bar
Mcluskys

They were ones that I went to when I first move down here. James Beattie always used to be in them too. Also throw in Rhinos, is that still open?
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 15:22 - Mar 10 with 1759 viewsButty101

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 15:14 - Mar 10 by solent_toffee

They were ones that I went to when I first move down here. James Beattie always used to be in them too. Also throw in Rhinos, is that still open?

Flaires - What a meat market that was

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 15:27 - Mar 10 with 1750 viewsthis_charming_man

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 15:14 - Mar 10 by solent_toffee

How long ago was that? I was in the Rhino an awful lot 96-00. Generally start at Lizard lounge then head to Rhino. Also the Orange rooms but I think that's still open.

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 15:52 - Mar 10 with 1734 viewsWoodrow_Wilson

Top Rank, Peggy Sue, Raffles, New York’s.
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 17:55 - Mar 10 with 1682 viewssolent_toffee

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 15:27 - Mar 10 by this_charming_man

How long ago was that? I was in the Rhino an awful lot 96-00. Generally start at Lizard lounge then head to Rhino. Also the Orange rooms but I think that's still open.

I moved down here in 2000. Used to go to Walkabout a lot back then and also a pub on the corner, I think where Lidl now is. It had an Irish name, think it might have been a chain. Then I moved up near the avenue and used to go to the Green House/Glass House I think it was called.
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 18:09 - Mar 10 with 1669 viewsthis_charming_man

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 17:55 - Mar 10 by solent_toffee

I moved down here in 2000. Used to go to Walkabout a lot back then and also a pub on the corner, I think where Lidl now is. It had an Irish name, think it might have been a chain. Then I moved up near the avenue and used to go to the Green House/Glass House I think it was called.

Think the Irish bar was called O’Neill’s. Didn’t go in there much or that end of town at all really I was more top end of town Bedford place area. Avoided places like Yates and Brannigans too, full of helmets.

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 18:20 - Mar 10 with 1660 viewsCopsewood

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 18:09 - Mar 10 by this_charming_man

Think the Irish bar was called O’Neill’s. Didn’t go in there much or that end of town at all really I was more top end of town Bedford place area. Avoided places like Yates and Brannigans too, full of helmets.

The Woodman

The Old Thatch

Bit lively specially if you were not from that neck of the woods
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 19:19 - Mar 10 with 1614 viewskingslandstand1

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 17:55 - Mar 10 by solent_toffee

Walkabout has just reminded me of one that was opposite that (though doubt it in 2000) - The Southener
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 19:37 - Mar 10 with 1598 viewsOccasional_Showers

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 14:22 - Mar 10 by this_charming_man

That rings a bell

The Royal Oak.

Of all the pubs round there only the biggest dives are still going. The Angel (which tbf I quite like) and the Kingsland Tavern which is home to what I can only describe as the dregs of society.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 19:39 - Mar 10 with 1601 viewsHappy_Jack

A pub which had a very discerning clientele was The Northumberland Arms. The closing bash in there was particularly good with all the local Gentry in attendance.

The Glebe was another such establishment.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 19:47 - Mar 10 with 1591 viewsBaltimore

Thinking about it today, it was Chaplins not Charlies.....how about Manhattens?
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 19:49 - Mar 10 with 1589 viewsBaltimore

The Magnum was always good for a fun night!
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 19:52 - Mar 10 with 1587 viewsBaltimore

The Muddled Man was my first local...got absolutely pissed on 4 pints when I first started drinking!
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 20:05 - Mar 10 with 1571 viewsStevedorecorner

Adam and Eve club
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 20:08 - Mar 10 with 1565 viewsJimieIrie

The Bitter End
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024