Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 18:49 - Mar 14 with 10278 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 9 May 2020 19:58]
Global squinnying over corona on 22:55 - Mar 14 with 1449 viewsBicester_North

Global squinnying over corona on 22:49 - Mar 14 by 1885_SFC

Was talking to a mate this morning who's in the Army. He was telling me they have elements on 24-hour standby... to guard supermarkets if/when it all kicks off.

He also said that the Army will be setting up field hospitals - as it were - if the number of cases gets out of hand in a swamped under NHS & that anyone sick & over-65 will be at the back of the queue for treatment.

Don't shoot the messenger!

They’ve been on that since last early last week. Some mental times these are.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 22:56]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Global squinnying over corona on 23:36 - Mar 14 with 1418 viewsDorsetIan

Global squinnying over corona on 19:29 - Mar 14 by Saintsforeverj

Seen lots of different figures but I meant only 1 to 2 per cent die. Its worse for flu. About 80 per cent according to this article get mild symptoms with coronavirus, so the vast majority do not need to worry. 20 per cent end up in hospital but that is similar for flu, I'm sure. I totally understand that it's a killer for at risk people, so the at risk people should self isolate. Not a scientist and may not fully understand this but if 80 per cent get mild symptoms why the panic? We don't panic for flu and that kills more than 2 per cent?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/article/coronavirus-body-symptoms.a
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 19:29]

You are not acknowledging that this is an epidemic, which means that the spread of the virus is increasing at an accelerating rate, which means that if nothing is done too many people will get it AT THE SAME TIME, which means that the NHS will not be able to cope, which means that SOME people will die unnecessarily.

Yes, some people are going to die come what may, because even intensive care won’t save them. (Just like with flu).

And some people will need no hospital care at all and will survive with only mild symptoms (like Arteta).

The people all the fuss is about are the ones who will get it, will need care, and will survive if they get care. These are our elderly relatives and friends and family with preexisting issues. These are the ones we are trying to stop getting it at all and are trying to make sure that the epidemic does not go so ‚nuclear‘ that there is not enough care. It’s not everyone, but it’s a significant enough number of our fellow citizens that we should try to manage this.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Global squinnying over corona on 00:01 - Mar 15 with 1403 viewsSaintsforeverj

Global squinnying over corona on 23:36 - Mar 14 by DorsetIan

You are not acknowledging that this is an epidemic, which means that the spread of the virus is increasing at an accelerating rate, which means that if nothing is done too many people will get it AT THE SAME TIME, which means that the NHS will not be able to cope, which means that SOME people will die unnecessarily.

Yes, some people are going to die come what may, because even intensive care won’t save them. (Just like with flu).

And some people will need no hospital care at all and will survive with only mild symptoms (like Arteta).

The people all the fuss is about are the ones who will get it, will need care, and will survive if they get care. These are our elderly relatives and friends and family with preexisting issues. These are the ones we are trying to stop getting it at all and are trying to make sure that the epidemic does not go so ‚nuclear‘ that there is not enough care. It’s not everyone, but it’s a significant enough number of our fellow citizens that we should try to manage this.

That does make some sense that too many people will get it at same time and people could die who might otherwise be saved. I suppose if flu started spreading many people are vaccinated so the spread would be slow. Carrying on life as normal would result in many vulnerable getting it and dieing. In the end though, surely a vaccine will be needed or cure as it will likely come back after all the measures have stopped happening. Surely then only a matter of time before we close schools, cinemas, restaurants etc like Italy and Spain.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Global squinnying over corona on 00:37 - Mar 15 with 1387 viewsDorsetIan

Global squinnying over corona on 00:01 - Mar 15 by Saintsforeverj

That does make some sense that too many people will get it at same time and people could die who might otherwise be saved. I suppose if flu started spreading many people are vaccinated so the spread would be slow. Carrying on life as normal would result in many vulnerable getting it and dieing. In the end though, surely a vaccine will be needed or cure as it will likely come back after all the measures have stopped happening. Surely then only a matter of time before we close schools, cinemas, restaurants etc like Italy and Spain.

I heard someone say that ideally they would let all the low risk people get it to (hopefully) build up immunity in the population, while protecting/isolating all the high risk people.

That is easier said that done but it’s sort of what they are trying to do - isolating those that have it, telling the elderly and others at high risk to keep away from people, but letting everyone else carry on.

But you are right, it is only a matter of time before they think that so many people have it already that they need to start shutting things down. And to be honest, that part of it and the timing of each step is the real expert stuff, where you just have to hope that the statisticians and behavioural scientists know what they are doing.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Global squinnying over corona on 03:38 - Mar 15 with 1365 viewsMarcus_y

Next comes the vaccine we all desperately need, a lovely concotion of nanotechnology and other such 'stuff' that will not protect you from jack sheet, but will help the world order keep an eye on you and kill you off ALA Agenda 2030.

Cue the conspiracy theory bashing.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Global squinnying over corona on 06:05 - Mar 15 with 1349 viewsinthebox

Global squinnying over corona on 19:43 - Mar 14 by Heisenberg

If you think this is some sort of media driven conspiracy then you either haven't read anything about the coronavirus or don't understand it. Yes the flu kills lots of people but the point is this virus isn't the flu. It's new, not treatable and could possibly mutate. I'm sorry it's going to ruin your summer and your day excursions and weekend jaunts.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/coronavirus-vaccine-delays-brexit-

you can't keep Brexit out of this one
Global squinnying over corona on 06:16 - Mar 15 with 1342 viewsKennington

Global squinnying over corona on 03:38 - Mar 15 by Marcus_y

Next comes the vaccine we all desperately need, a lovely concotion of nanotechnology and other such 'stuff' that will not protect you from jack sheet, but will help the world order keep an eye on you and kill you off ALA Agenda 2030.

Cue the conspiracy theory bashing.

The damage that vaccine deniers have done re MMR is one of the biggest scandals in the last 20 years. Stupid Daily Mail reading parents who still believe discredited science.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 07:42 - Mar 15 with 1318 viewsDellHero

Global squinnying over corona on 22:20 - Mar 14 by Ingskneeslide

Like I said, I don’t consider people dying to be ‘hysteria’. Our government is looking like it will be bringing in wartime type measures to try and deal with this - are they being hysterical or do they know something you don’t perhaps? Deep down I just don’t think I’m a psychopath like you are. That’s why we see this so differently.

[Post edited 9 May 2020 20:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Global squinnying over corona on 07:52 - Mar 15 with 1306 viewsOccasional_Showers

Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 07:42 - Mar 15 by DellHero

You need help.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Global squinnying over corona on 07:53 - Mar 15 with 1309 viewssaint22

Global squinnying over corona on 19:43 - Mar 14 by Heisenberg

If you think this is some sort of media driven conspiracy then you either haven't read anything about the coronavirus or don't understand it. Yes the flu kills lots of people but the point is this virus isn't the flu. It's new, not treatable and could possibly mutate. I'm sorry it's going to ruin your summer and your day excursions and weekend jaunts.

The heat will kill it pal
And I didn’t say conspiracy I just said the media are fuelling the fire plus our incompetent leader helps none
This virus is very similar to the flu but as yet we have no vaccine
Plus covering your nose mouth when you cough or sneeze is not new info. If people need telling that then they are even more thick than I thought
Oh and overloading on bog roll won’t help
Dimwits
Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 08:22 - Mar 15 with 1284 viewsDellHero

Global squinnying over corona on 07:52 - Mar 15 by Occasional_Showers

You need help.

[Post edited 9 May 2020 20:01]
Global squinnying over corona on 08:24 - Mar 15 with 1278 viewsOccasional_Showers

Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 08:22 - Mar 15 by DellHero

I meant for your mental condition.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 08:28 - Mar 15 with 1270 viewsDellHero

Global squinnying over corona on 08:24 - Mar 15 by Occasional_Showers

I meant for your mental condition.

Global squinnying over corona on 08:57 - Mar 15 with 1236 viewsIngskneeslide

Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 07:42 - Mar 15 by DellHero

Governments around the world are taking unprecedented measures; healthcare professionals in Italy are having to make choices over who lives and dies because they are so overwhelmed. Does that happen with the flu? No surprise that the two most mental people on here, you and saint22, think this is no big deal and a big media conspiracy.
Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 09:06 - Mar 15 with 1226 viewsDellHero

Global squinnying over corona on 08:57 - Mar 15 by Ingskneeslide

Governments around the world are taking unprecedented measures; healthcare professionals in Italy are having to make choices over who lives and dies because they are so overwhelmed. Does that happen with the flu? No surprise that the two most mental people on here, you and saint22, think this is no big deal and a big media conspiracy.

Global squinnying over corona on 09:20 - Mar 15 with 1208 viewsIngskneeslide

Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 09:06 - Mar 15 by DellHero

If you turn out to be massively wrong about the scale of this do you promise not to delete these posts saying it is no big deal?
Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 09:58 - Mar 15 with 1175 viewsDellHero

Global squinnying over corona on 09:20 - Mar 15 by Ingskneeslide

If you turn out to be massively wrong about the scale of this do you promise not to delete these posts saying it is no big deal?

[Post edited 9 May 2020 20:02]
Global squinnying over corona on 10:05 - Mar 15 with 1172 viewsIngskneeslide

Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 09:58 - Mar 15 by DellHero

Of course, and I hope you are right, but all reasonable evidence is pointing to the opposite.
Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 10:19 - Mar 15 with 1160 viewsDellHero

Global squinnying over corona on 10:05 - Mar 15 by Ingskneeslide

Of course, and I hope you are right, but all reasonable evidence is pointing to the opposite.

Global squinnying over corona on 10:59 - Mar 15 with 1135 viewsthissceptredsaint

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/coronavirus-nhs-steps-up-fight-21694418?u

I find profiteering from this national crisis quite deplorable. The government should be requisitioning these beds if things are that bad. We already had a magic money tree budget. We were told labours spending plans would wreck the economy but in one budget Boris has already spent more. I feel I have been fed a pack of lies.

Is this just a training exercise for a no deal Brexit?
Global squinnying over corona on 11:51 - Mar 15 with 1109 views1885_SFC

Portsmouth has today confirmed its first case of Covid-19.

None reported in Southampton so far. Hampshire is now the most affected county with 41 cases.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-first-case-covid-19-

Old School is Cool

Global squinnying over corona on 12:02 - Mar 15 with 1101 viewskentsouthampton

Global squinnying over corona on 11:51 - Mar 15 by 1885_SFC

None reported in Southampton so far. Hampshire is now the most affected county with 41 cases.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-first-case-covid-19-

'None reported in Southampton so far.'

https://www.uhs.nhs.uk/AboutTheTrust/Newsandpublications/Latestnews/2020/March/S
Global squinnying over corona on 12:25 - Mar 15 with 1082 views1885_SFC

Global squinnying over corona on 12:02 - Mar 15 by kentsouthampton

'None reported in Southampton so far.'

https://www.uhs.nhs.uk/AboutTheTrust/Newsandpublications/Latestnews/2020/March/S

If you bothered reading the article...

Old School is Cool

Global squinnying over corona on 12:38 - Mar 15 with 1070 viewsthis_charming_man

Global squinnying over corona on 11:51 - Mar 15 by 1885_SFC

Is this just Portsmouth or greater Portsmouth which we all know covers Sussex, parts of London amongst others

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Global squinnying over corona on 12:41 - Mar 15 with 1064 viewskentsouthampton

Global squinnying over corona on 12:25 - Mar 15 by 1885_SFC

If you bothered reading the article...

The article which says a worker at Southampton general tested positive?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024