Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 18:49 - Mar 14 with 10279 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 9 May 2020 19:58]
Global squinnying over corona on 16:16 - Mar 16 with 2031 viewsthis_charming_man

Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 14:19 - Mar 16 by DellHero

[Post edited 9 May 2020 20:03]

If people said to everyone that has a high risk of cancer stay in the house for 3 months and it'll significantly reduce the risk of contracting it so you think there would be outrage on mongboards by an ASDA shelf stacker and estate agent about how everyone was squinnying about it?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 16:16]

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Global squinnying over corona on 18:56 - Mar 16 with 1945 viewswashington_saint

Have to say all the stats and numbers are very dubious. Absolutely no doubt this is a terrible illness for those that are elderly and have pre-existing medical conditions.

The reason I say the numbers are dubious is because I believe I contracted this virus at the end of last week and had a very high temperature for 2.5 days, have a cough and very fatigued. However, after this time I am already starting to feel a lot better again.

Having called the Doctors they said they could not test as they have no kits and that I should call ER. Called ER to be told that only very high risk patients would be tested. IN other words there will likely be 10s of 1,000s of cases like mine that do not get included in official figures as there is limited testing available.
Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 19:00 - Mar 16 with 1938 viewsDellHero

Global squinnying over corona on 16:16 - Mar 16 by this_charming_man

If people said to everyone that has a high risk of cancer stay in the house for 3 months and it'll significantly reduce the risk of contracting it so you think there would be outrage on mongboards by an ASDA shelf stacker and estate agent about how everyone was squinnying about it?

[Post edited 9 May 2020 20:03]
Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 19:02 - Mar 16 with 1932 viewsDellHero

Global squinnying over corona on 18:56 - Mar 16 by washington_saint

Have to say all the stats and numbers are very dubious. Absolutely no doubt this is a terrible illness for those that are elderly and have pre-existing medical conditions.

The reason I say the numbers are dubious is because I believe I contracted this virus at the end of last week and had a very high temperature for 2.5 days, have a cough and very fatigued. However, after this time I am already starting to feel a lot better again.

Having called the Doctors they said they could not test as they have no kits and that I should call ER. Called ER to be told that only very high risk patients would be tested. IN other words there will likely be 10s of 1,000s of cases like mine that do not get included in official figures as there is limited testing available.

[Post edited 9 May 2020 20:04]
Global squinnying over corona on 19:07 - Mar 16 with 1920 viewsdirk_doone

Global squinnying over corona on 16:16 - Mar 16 by this_charming_man

One thing I've noticed about football message boards is that the worst moaners by far are the ones who moan about other people moaning.

And since when did the Pompey-Romany slang word, squinny start getting used by Saints' fans? I've noticed a few other Pompey-Romany dialect words, like dinlo, creeping in here too. Even 5 years ago, you'd never have seen that.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 19:10]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 19:10 - Mar 16 with 1916 viewsDellHero

Global squinnying over corona on 19:07 - Mar 16 by dirk_doone

One thing I've noticed about football message boards is that the worst moaners by far are the ones who moan about other people moaning.

And since when did the Pompey-Romany slang word, squinny start getting used by Saints' fans? I've noticed a few other Pompey-Romany dialect words, like dinlo, creeping in here too. Even 5 years ago, you'd never have seen that.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 19:10]

Global squinnying over corona on 19:13 - Mar 16 with 1904 viewsdirk_doone

Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 19:10 - Mar 16 by DellHero

Like squinny, it is a Romany word. It wasn't commonly used in Southampton but in the New Forest and Pompey, yes. If you scroll back a few years on Saints message boards, you won't find a single example of it being used then. Using Pompey-Romany dialect on here is quite a new thing. The first time I ever saw the word squinny in my entire life was on a pompey fans messageboard. Next, we'll be hearing about mythical dock strikes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-14945593
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 19:37]

Global squinnying over corona on 19:51 - Mar 16 with 1830 viewsOccasional_Showers

Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 19:02 - Mar 16 by DellHero

I had a very brief temperature about 3 weeks ago. I then had chronic diarrhoea which I've never ever had before. I then had sporadic pulses in my chest (which worried me but I told myself it was a pulled muscle), and now I still feel a bit chesty almost as if I still smoked.

Probably nothing but i do wonder. I hope I had it anyway. I never get colds as a rule, must be 3 or 4 years since I had one.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Login to get fewer ads

Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 20:02 - Mar 16 with 1822 viewsDellHero

Global squinnying over corona on 19:51 - Mar 16 by Occasional_Showers

I had a very brief temperature about 3 weeks ago. I then had chronic diarrhoea which I've never ever had before. I then had sporadic pulses in my chest (which worried me but I told myself it was a pulled muscle), and now I still feel a bit chesty almost as if I still smoked.

Probably nothing but i do wonder. I hope I had it anyway. I never get colds as a rule, must be 3 or 4 years since I had one.

Global squinnying over corona on 20:13 - Mar 16 with 1786 viewsOccasional_Showers

Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 20:02 - Mar 16 by DellHero

That was last week. Not had a twinge this week. Just slightly chesty but I only mention it because it's usually perfect. Certainly not enough to cause any concern.

I'm so glad I stopped smoking. From what I'm reading this virus seems to affect smokers worst.

Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 20:17 - Mar 16 with 1791 viewsDellHero

Global squinnying over corona on 20:13 - Mar 16 by Occasional_Showers

That was last week. Not had a twinge this week. Just slightly chesty but I only mention it because it's usually perfect. Certainly not enough to cause any concern.

I'm so glad I stopped smoking. From what I'm reading this virus seems to affect smokers worst.

[Post edited 9 May 2020 20:05]
Global squinnying over corona on 21:26 - Mar 16 with 1746 views1885_SFC

Global squinnying over corona on 20:13 - Mar 16 by Occasional_Showers

That's me fooked then.

Bye all. Been nice knowing you all !

Old School is Cool

Global squinnying over corona on 23:08 - Mar 23 with 1618 viewsdirk_doone

I just saw a statistical analysis of UK coronavirus victims taken into critical care. 71% of them were male. Their average age was 62 and plenty of them were in their 40s and 50s. That sounds like the demographic on here. The vast majority needed respirators to stay alive and sadly some didn't. I hope everyone on here gets through this.

Global squinnying over corona on 00:33 - Mar 24 with 1569 viewsBison

Global squinnying over corona on 23:08 - Mar 23 by dirk_doone

I just saw a statistical analysis of UK coronavirus victims taken into critical care. 71% of them were male. Their average age was 62 and plenty of them were in their 40s and 50s. That sounds like the demographic on here. The vast majority needed respirators to stay alive and sadly some didn't. I hope everyone on here gets through this.

Nick must be worried. If 3 of us die he loses 27 accounts.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 00:37 - Mar 24 with 1565 views1885_SFC

Global squinnying over corona on 00:33 - Mar 24 by Bison

[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 0:38]

Old School is Cool

Global squinnying over corona on 10:20 - Mar 24 with 1484 viewsRon11

Global squinnying over corona on 19:29 - Mar 14 by Saintsforeverj

Seen lots of different figures but I meant only 1 to 2 per cent die. Its worse for flu. About 80 per cent according to this article get mild symptoms with coronavirus, so the vast majority do not need to worry. 20 per cent end up in hospital but that is similar for flu, I'm sure. I totally understand that it's a killer for at risk people, so the at risk people should self isolate. Not a scientist and may not fully understand this but if 80 per cent get mild symptoms why the panic? We don't panic for flu and that kills more than 2 per cent?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/article/coronavirus-body-symptoms.a
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 19:29]

The problem is with this virus is that with any close contact it spreads like wildfire. It's highly contagious. Yes, many may only get mild symptoms, but while they have the virus they can infect many others including high risk people.
And yet on Sunday thousands and thousands of people were out in close contact seemingly without a care in the world.
Global squinnying over corona on 12:00 - Mar 24 with 1454 viewsGasGiant

When it first became clear that the outbreak was going to spiral out of control the Government took advice from all the leading university medical facilities, molecular biologists, epidemiologists etc etc, so they focussed on the pandemic itself as a kind of military exercise. Everyone agreed that until we get to that "herd immunity" level the disease will linger, and continue to kill in waves. So the Cabinet concluded that the best thing was to get there quickly because people were going to die anyway. Then about 2 weeks ago the NHS took over the argument. Look they said, We don't know who is going to die and who is going to survive so we have to treat everyone regardless. If we are swamped then far more will die before we get to the magic ratio and Britain will never be the same again because people will dial 999 and nobody will come and nobody will ever feel safe again. Once you get to that point then society itself starts to deform. Yes flu kills more, but not all at the same time. The Government have realised they were wrong to follow just the epidemiology and not the practical issue of NHS capacity. That has now changed and only just in the nick of time.
Global squinnying over corona on 12:07 - Mar 24 with 1448 viewsBison

https://mobile.twitter.com/YesMissMurphy/status/1242364536365211648?s=08

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Global squinnying over corona on 13:43 - Mar 26 with 1359 viewsdirk_doone

A club's most loyal fan dies:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/lee-bowyer-leads-tributes-to-most-loyal

Global squinnying over corona on 13:58 - Mar 26 with 1326 viewsMr_Happy

Global squinnying over corona on 00:33 - Mar 24 by Bison

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

Global squinnying over corona on 15:31 - Mar 26 with 1299 viewsOccasional_Showers

Global squinnying over corona on 12:00 - Mar 24 by GasGiant

When it first became clear that the outbreak was going to spiral out of control the Government took advice from all the leading university medical facilities, molecular biologists, epidemiologists etc etc, so they focussed on the pandemic itself as a kind of military exercise. Everyone agreed that until we get to that "herd immunity" level the disease will linger, and continue to kill in waves. So the Cabinet concluded that the best thing was to get there quickly because people were going to die anyway. Then about 2 weeks ago the NHS took over the argument. Look they said, We don't know who is going to die and who is going to survive so we have to treat everyone regardless. If we are swamped then far more will die before we get to the magic ratio and Britain will never be the same again because people will dial 999 and nobody will come and nobody will ever feel safe again. Once you get to that point then society itself starts to deform. Yes flu kills more, but not all at the same time. The Government have realised they were wrong to follow just the epidemiology and not the practical issue of NHS capacity. That has now changed and only just in the nick of time.

Well summed up. Our government have handled this crisis very well. Aside from the usual left wing fanatics that will never be grateful the public are behind Boris.

Global squinnying over corona on 19:18 - Mar 26 with 1258 viewsdirk_doone

Burglars can't find any empty houses to rob.

A senior police source said: “Criminals are becoming increasingly desperate. As most people are staying at home they have turned their attention to empty public houses"

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsscotland/desperate-scottish-crooks-target-pub
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 19:19]

Global squinnying over corona on 08:03 - Mar 28 with 1170 viewsdirk_doone

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2020/03/pastor-who-clai
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 8:05]

Global squinnying over corona on 08:16 - Mar 28 with 1147 viewsIngskneeslide

Global squinnying over corona on 08:03 - Mar 28 by dirk_doone

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2020/03/pastor-who-clai
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 8:05]

A nutty Christian pastor from Virginia pumping out Trumpisms verbatim. This is the kind of company DellHero and saint22 keep. Makes a lot of sense
Global squinnying over corona (n/t) on 10:28 - Mar 28 with 1089 viewsDellHero

Global squinnying over corona on 08:16 - Mar 28 by Ingskneeslide

A nutty Christian pastor from Virginia pumping out Trumpisms verbatim. This is the kind of company DellHero and saint22 keep. Makes a lot of sense

[Post edited 9 May 2020 20:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024