Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? 21:07 - Mar 14 with 3401 viewsBicester_North

There are many powerful, high rolling tycoons on this forum, probably a higher percentage than in any other walk of life. I’d like to know what your views are on how this might affect your employees, big bonuses etc, and the wider economic implications for us all. Even the people who just have normal jobs earning less than 500k a year and don’t have a global network of dependent staff and customers ( I release that is only a small percentage of posters on here)
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 21:08]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? (n/t) on 21:10 - Mar 14 with 2654 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 10 May 2020 18:30]
Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 22:03 - Mar 14 with 2620 viewscocklebreath

If I have to stop working I am fooked, I can do my job without coming into contact with anyone so I will be fine hopefully

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 22:16 - Mar 14 with 2603 viewsBicester_North

Best of luck to all you fellows, it’ll be rough as f*ck for a while. Worse than 2008 and 1990 by a long way I would think, wasn’t working during the ones before that.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 15:08 - Mar 15 with 2432 viewsButty101

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 22:16 - Mar 14 by Bicester_North

Best of luck to all you fellows, it’ll be rough as f*ck for a while. Worse than 2008 and 1990 by a long way I would think, wasn’t working during the ones before that.

It’s really going to hurt my business, 3 months in and this happens. Literally couldn’t have come at a worse time. My company is linked to the cruise industry which is shutting down for 2 months

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 17:13 - Mar 15 with 2361 viewsCapt_Koons

Fortunately my business is fairly safe from these events. The money we recieve now is for work done last year and the work we're doing now will be paid for next year. From a business point if view I'm more worried about global warming which could royaly shaft my business. I do feel for anyone in the hospitality area or similar at the moment though.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 20:11 - Mar 15 with 2305 viewsBoris_

My agency will be fine as it has very few overheads, however we've lost pretty much all of the contracts for May, June and July as they were mainly focused around Premier League, Champions League Final, Euro2020 and the Olympics - none of which look likely to happen.

Have had to cancel an event at the Copper Box Arena in June but have moved that to October when hopefully things will be better.

The BUSINESS that is most at threat is my print company, as the majority of the staff are machine operators so can't work from home. It will be ok as I can cover the bills for a couple of months but any more than that would be a bit of a struggle.

Best thing that can happen is the government keep the country at work. Protect the elderly and vulnerable and let the virus spread around the fit and healthy to build up an immunity.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 20:12]

Poll: Claude Puel

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 20:51 - Mar 15 with 2277 viewsHeisenberg

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 20:11 - Mar 15 by Boris_

My agency will be fine as it has very few overheads, however we've lost pretty much all of the contracts for May, June and July as they were mainly focused around Premier League, Champions League Final, Euro2020 and the Olympics - none of which look likely to happen.

Have had to cancel an event at the Copper Box Arena in June but have moved that to October when hopefully things will be better.

The BUSINESS that is most at threat is my print company, as the majority of the staff are machine operators so can't work from home. It will be ok as I can cover the bills for a couple of months but any more than that would be a bit of a struggle.

Best thing that can happen is the government keep the country at work. Protect the elderly and vulnerable and let the virus spread around the fit and healthy to build up an immunity.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 20:12]

How do you protect the elderly and vulnerable ? They require not only the help of millions of paid workers but also care and support from family members. The needs of business are not the priority and there is no doubt the world economy is going to take a massive hit.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 21:06 - Mar 15 with 2266 viewsBoris_

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 20:51 - Mar 15 by Heisenberg

How do you protect the elderly and vulnerable ? They require not only the help of millions of paid workers but also care and support from family members. The needs of business are not the priority and there is no doubt the world economy is going to take a massive hit.

You protect them through them self-isolating and friends/family and volunteers making sure they are ok and have everything they need.

Of course care workers will still have to go in to the most vulnerable, however for those, nothing would change as they are already in self-isolation not by choice.

If there is a lockdown for anything more than 2 weeks then hundreds of thousands of people will lose their jobs. Thousands of businesses will disappear. There is a worrying naivety that businesses can just shut for several weeks ( which is what it would need to be to have any long term effect ) and then pick up where they left off.

Login to get fewer ads

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 21:07 - Mar 15 with 2262 viewsBuggalugs

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 21:06 - Mar 15 by Boris_

You protect them through them self-isolating and friends/family and volunteers making sure they are ok and have everything they need.

Of course care workers will still have to go in to the most vulnerable, however for those, nothing would change as they are already in self-isolation not by choice.

If there is a lockdown for anything more than 2 weeks then hundreds of thousands of people will lose their jobs. Thousands of businesses will disappear. There is a worrying naivety that businesses can just shut for several weeks ( which is what it would need to be to have any long term effect ) and then pick up where they left off.

Nods in agreement.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 21:18 - Mar 15 with 2255 viewsthis_charming_man

Yep exactly right. Not to mention the millions of self employed people who wouldn’t get paid, leading to defaults on mortgages, bills etc. It’s incredibly naive to think everyone can simply stop working for a month or two and carry on like nothing’s happened later on.

I fully expect my company to make redundancies back end of the year, we’ve been hit badly by the global component shortage in the last 6 months already and this will make things far worse. If I’m one of them so be it, shouldn’t have too much difficulty finding another job and the redundancy packages they’ve offered to others since I’ve been there are very attractive.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 21:19]

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 21:27 - Mar 15 with 2243 viewsHeisenberg

I think you are underestimating the potential of this virus. Estimates are varied but there is a consensus that the NHS is going to be stretched to breaking point and as the PM says a lot of people will lose loved ones. For once business and the endless drive for profits is not the priority.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 21:30 - Mar 15 with 2236 viewsCapt_Koons

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 21:27 - Mar 15 by Heisenberg

I think you are underestimating the potential of this virus. Estimates are varied but there is a consensus that the NHS is going to be stretched to breaking point and as the PM says a lot of people will lose loved ones. For once business and the endless drive for profits is not the priority.

Nods on agreement

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 22:05 - Mar 15 with 2208 viewsBoris_

So who is going to pay the wages of the staff then so they can pay their bills, mortgage and put food on the table?

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 22:38 - Mar 15 with 2182 viewsHeisenberg

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 22:05 - Mar 15 by Boris_

So who is going to pay the wages of the staff then so they can pay their bills, mortgage and put food on the table?

Well the Government bails out failing banks it should have no problem looking after people in crisis. Besides you said the country will be entering a golden age after Brexit so shouldn't be a problem should it.

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 22:56 - Mar 15 with 2159 viewsBoris_

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 22:38 - Mar 15 by Heisenberg

Well the Government bails out failing banks it should have no problem looking after people in crisis. Besides you said the country will be entering a golden age after Brexit so shouldn't be a problem should it.

Are you trying to link this pandemic to Brexit? Really?!

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 23:01 - Mar 15 with 2147 viewsHeisenberg

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 22:56 - Mar 15 by Boris_

Are you trying to link this pandemic to Brexit? Really?!

Not at all. I'm saying that in the long run according to those who voted for Brexit the country will be economically better off so according to your argument the cost of this virus shouldn't be an issue. Besides read your own title of this thread. Are you trying to link this pandemic to BUSINESS ? Really ?!

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 23:10 - Mar 15 with 2133 viewscocklebreath

I’m not endlessly driving for profit I’d just like to be able to keep the roof over my heads

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 23:12 - Mar 15 with 2128 viewscocklebreath

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 23:10 - Mar 15 by cocklebreath

I’m not endlessly driving for profit I’d just like to be able to keep the roof over my heads

Kids heads ffs and stop politicising it ffs

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 23:32 - Mar 15 with 2111 viewsBoris_

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 23:01 - Mar 15 by Heisenberg

Not at all. I'm saying that in the long run according to those who voted for Brexit the country will be economically better off so according to your argument the cost of this virus shouldn't be an issue. Besides read your own title of this thread. Are you trying to link this pandemic to BUSINESS ? Really ?!

Politicising a pandemic and somehow linking it to Brexit... what a little squinny you are.

I appreciate you have no experience in running a BUSINESS apart from getting a supervisor role at McDonalds but what I am stating is the fact that people still need money to put food on the table. How are we going to pay for that?

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 07:41 - Mar 16 with 1895 viewsbenalisbroom

Of course the immediate human cost of the virus is the most important thing. However, your post implies that anybody in business is more concerned with profit and I think this is naive under the current circumstances.

I work in a serviced office with 2000 other people - nearly all service providers and all small companies. Like most small companies, our order sheet has already suffered mass cancellations. Like nearly all small businesses, we keep 3 months cash at the bank as we cannot afford to do more. For us (and I reckon most others in our building to continue with the example) we will not be able to trade in 12 weeks time. Apply that model to most small and medium sized businesses across the country and we will be looking at social deprivation and secondary impacts in areas like mass suicide or poverty related illness on a scale not seen since the thirties. Then there is the indirect costs in areas like mental health and potentially even malnutrition, as the economy grinds to a complete halt. Indebtedness will increase exponentially and people will be eating out of the gutters. For you to think that anybody concerned about the impact on business is ignoring the real costs is simplistic in the extreme.
Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 07:52 - Mar 16 with 1888 viewskentsouthampton

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 07:41 - Mar 16 by benalisbroom

Of course the immediate human cost of the virus is the most important thing. However, your post implies that anybody in business is more concerned with profit and I think this is naive under the current circumstances.

I work in a serviced office with 2000 other people - nearly all service providers and all small companies. Like most small companies, our order sheet has already suffered mass cancellations. Like nearly all small businesses, we keep 3 months cash at the bank as we cannot afford to do more. For us (and I reckon most others in our building to continue with the example) we will not be able to trade in 12 weeks time. Apply that model to most small and medium sized businesses across the country and we will be looking at social deprivation and secondary impacts in areas like mass suicide or poverty related illness on a scale not seen since the thirties. Then there is the indirect costs in areas like mental health and potentially even malnutrition, as the economy grinds to a complete halt. Indebtedness will increase exponentially and people will be eating out of the gutters. For you to think that anybody concerned about the impact on business is ignoring the real costs is simplistic in the extreme.

There's always universal credit if you're not working,two million people manage on it already.
Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 08:55 - Mar 16 with 1842 viewsdarthvader

So far ok . Im self employed and go into peoples homes and fix stuff mainly damp problems . Mainly empty homes recently so ive been lucky (also as ive been suffering from flu recently so not many people would want me in their home )
i have i big ish job in april in a house in fareham , the lady is 79 very wealthy and very fit , mobile and "with it"
She is currently aboard the queen victoria ship on a world cruise that has just been cancelled and is steaming home now.

If she cancels on me when she returns , im fooked as ive already spent so much setting the job up .

Other than that its week to week for me atm if people cancel im truely blloxed. So far so good though .

keep the faith coyr

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 08:55 - Mar 16 with 1841 viewsBoris_

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 07:41 - Mar 16 by benalisbroom

Spot on.

The naivety from those who don't own a BUSINESS on how easy it is just to stop trading is worrying. The BUSINESS of mine which has most staff costs £30,000 a month in wages and overheads that need paying every month regardless of whether we are trading. That is a very small company and there is literally thousands of people like me or with much larger monthly overheads.

We have machines that need to be operated to so working from home is not an option.

I would be able to cover the losses for 2 months maximum. Any more than then the company would be in big trouble. The government aren't going to gift me £60,000.

It's not about 'driving profits' , it's about paying staff wages and bills.

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 10:43 - Mar 16 with 1786 viewsGasGiant

Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 22:38 - Mar 15 by Heisenberg

That is a bloody stupid thing to say. How to lose an argument AND the moral high ground at the same time. So in your hypothetical world had we currently still been in the EU Covid 19 would be having little effect compared to now, eh? Do you want to develop that idea?
Is your BUSINESS under threat from Coronavirus? on 21:32 - Mar 16 with 1666 views1885_SFC

Car manufacturer's are closing their factories down all across Europe...

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/16/business/fiat-chrysler-factories-coronavirus/

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024