Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The positives of Coronavirus 19:39 - Apr 9 with 3143 viewsOccasional_Showers

1. Rationing of Soaps on TV
2. No people visiting
3. The countryside is quiet again without car noise

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

The positives of Coronavirus on 09:26 - Apr 10 with 899 viewsthis_charming_man

The positives of Coronavirus on 08:37 - Apr 10 by solent_toffee

Have you got any of the Premier League Primary Star resources? Schools that have the programme have them. If not, give us a shout and I can post them on here.

I don’t mate no, be much appreciated if you can share please

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

The positives of Coronavirus on 09:29 - Apr 10 with 893 viewsTheMoog

The positives of Coronavirus on 08:16 - Apr 10 by Heisenberg

And yet when Corbyn suggested reducing the working week with the ultimate aim to look at working 4 days to reduce the burden on the environment and to encourage more quality time with with families he was ridiculed. Give it a few weeks after the lockdown and the rat race will be back full on. Work as many hours as you can, buy shite you don't need, travel when and where you want. I hope we learn from all this but I'm not hopeful.

Trying to vindicate Corbyn’s policies by comparing them to the actions and outcomes of a national crisis is idiotic. Yes, we’re all enjoying it (we are the lucky ones- there’s people out there stuck in small garden less flats with no money coming in) and the sky is blue but how much stuff is getting made? When will the money keeping this afloat run out?

Standby to standby

The positives of Coronavirus on 09:47 - Apr 10 with 865 viewsSalisburySaint

The positives of Coronavirus on 22:45 - Apr 9 by Gennaro_Contaldo

1. Ecological and climate recovery; the sheer volume of wildlife, birds, clearer air to breathe - with a lung condition I genuinely feel a difference even in my garden - the air has felt like proper "country" air again.
2. Your own country. I'm going to throw a few things in this category;
2.1 the importance of manufacturing in your own country and not relying on China (i.e. PPE - people just doing it here)
2.2 fewer/no flights. Sure a foreign holiday is nice, but there is LOADS in this country that doesn't involve needing to get on a plane and wreck the climate
2.3 linked to the above, people realising that despite you looking an ugly c**t on a video call, it's made no difference and we can plan and get on with stuff without needing to travel there in person
3. Family time. My son has loved me being here and has said so. More pushes on the swing, more cricket in the garden (he's suddenly got into that), he's helped me plant veg and cook together - amazing. All that wasted time commuting.

I certainly think that after this, whenever that is, there will be some changes in life. Less commuting, more WFH, less plane travel, more people valuing family life. Not to mention, less food wastage! I've saved up and re-used far more than I would've in the past. Even as the chief cook in the house, I've never bothered keeping much in the way of leftovers and I notice as I put our main bin out tonight that it's 50% full rather than me squashing the rubbish down.

We are a wasteful society, I hope this changes things. Oh and lastly, I don't miss football at all, sorry to the guys here who do love football, but I don't anymore. Still, if anyone has a ticket for the next final Saints are at, I'll have it ...

I used to hate working from home, missed the office banter, but with help of What’s App office group we’ve managed to keep this going.

Now I’ve got into a routine I’m really enjoying WFH and it’s nice to have extra time available, 2hrs a day commuting to and from Southampton, and will definitely work at home more when this is all over. And it’s nice to have more time with family especially going on walks at weekend.

But I’m a lucky one on full pay, but more importantly occupied must be really hard not working, stuck in a flat etc., whereas I can currently enjoy lunch breaks out in the garden, those living in big cities in Flats, are heavily criticised for going to Parks.

Look forward to when this is all over, already know people who’ve died or had virus, but if we stick at it we can get through this together
The positives of Coronavirus on 10:02 - Apr 10 with 859 viewssaint22

The positives of Coronavirus on 08:19 - Apr 10 by Ingskneeslide

Good lad 22. I hope you remember this when RH next chooses his team though. Just think to yourself, “does it REALLY matter?”, because it really doesn’t.

I will
Not a lot matters now really
This is also making me realise how much money I spend generally
Being at home and working us saving a shed load
The positives of Coronavirus on 10:03 - Apr 10 with 858 viewssaint22

The positives of Coronavirus on 23:07 - Apr 9 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Agreed, but thankfully the government is prepared to throw money around left, right and centre, so I'm hopeful of fewer financial impacts than other countries.

I am not sure throwing money around us going to help in the long term because somehow it needs paying back and how will that happen.......?
Taxes taxes taxes
The world will never be the same again
The positives of Coronavirus on 10:15 - Apr 10 with 839 viewsOccasional_Showers

The positives of Coronavirus on 10:03 - Apr 10 by saint22

I am not sure throwing money around us going to help in the long term because somehow it needs paying back and how will that happen.......?
Taxes taxes taxes
The world will never be the same again

I’ve never really understood UK national debt. 50% is owned by UK insurance and pension funds. 25% is owned by the Bank of England. 25% is owned by overseas investors.

So if we own the Bank of England and the Bank of England owns 25% of our debt does this mean we owe ourselves the money? If so why can’t we just say we are not going to pay ourselves back?

And why don’t we just say we aren’t going to pay back overseas investors? What can they do about it apart from not lending to us again?

The positives of Coronavirus on 10:17 - Apr 10 with 837 viewsthis_charming_man

The positives of Coronavirus on 08:36 - Apr 10 by Occasional_Showers

If you want to live in a globalised multicultural society you have to compete with rival countries. I would love it if we could go back to being a country that made more things and we paid more for these things to support our economy instead of sending all of our cash to China for flimsy badly made rubbish.

When this crisis is over how about a govt ad campaign?

BUY BRITISH

PROTECT JOBS

SAVE OUR ECONOMY

[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 8:39]

And all the lefties would be protesting against the racist message.

The positives of Coronavirus on 10:20 - Apr 10 with 830 viewsthis_charming_man

The positives of Coronavirus on 10:02 - Apr 10 by saint22

I will
Not a lot matters now really
This is also making me realise how much money I spend generally
Being at home and working us saving a shed load

True, you really don’t need to try and impress people you’ve never met on a mongboard with all your lies, i look forward to a more open honest and less dramatic saint22.

Login to get fewer ads

The positives of Coronavirus on 10:22 - Apr 10 with 829 viewssfc1971

The air quality has changed massively and you have the perfect excuse not to talk to feckwit dullards you cannot abide!

Poll: Have we reached our peak as a 6th - 10th placed club?

The positives of Coronavirus on 10:42 - Apr 10 with 812 viewsBicester_North

The positives of Coronavirus on 10:15 - Apr 10 by Occasional_Showers

I’ve never really understood UK national debt. 50% is owned by UK insurance and pension funds. 25% is owned by the Bank of England. 25% is owned by overseas investors.

So if we own the Bank of England and the Bank of England owns 25% of our debt does this mean we owe ourselves the money? If so why can’t we just say we are not going to pay ourselves back?

And why don’t we just say we aren’t going to pay back overseas investors? What can they do about it apart from not lending to us again?

Not sure how it all works myself but thought it was all to do with credit rating, if the UK doesn’t pay its debts it’s unlikely to find future lenders.
Ben is right about taxes
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 10:43]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The positives of Coronavirus on 11:09 - Apr 10 with 797 viewsSadoldgit

1. Hopefully all of mankind will now realise that we all depend on each other for well being and survival and that boundaries mean nothing.
2. The planet is getting a chance of a break from human activities and maybe now people like Trump will see the damage humans have been doing to it whilst chasing the mighty dollar.
3. Hopefully this will finally kill off any plans the Government has to sell off the NHS and in future we will see this wonderful organisation properly funded.

Given that thousands of people are dying from the nasty disease everyday though, it is hard to talk about “positives.”
The positives of Coronavirus on 11:22 - Apr 10 with 792 viewsDorsetIan

The positives of Coronavirus on 10:42 - Apr 10 by Bicester_North

Not sure how it all works myself but thought it was all to do with credit rating, if the UK doesn’t pay its debts it’s unlikely to find future lenders.
Ben is right about taxes
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 10:43]

Yes, and when you can borrow money at essentially f*ck all interest it’s quite important that the lenders believe that their money is safe and that they can get their money back when they want it.

Trump is planning to borrow 2 trillion for infrastructure projects when all this is over.

It really is all about prejudice. Left wing type spending plans are always shouted down as profligacy, whereas the same plans in the mouths of others are lauded as prudent investment decisions.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

The positives of Coronavirus on 11:30 - Apr 10 with 785 viewsVagina_Dentata

The positives of Coronavirus on 09:26 - Apr 10 by this_charming_man

These are really good. Your child’s school might also have access to a program called Real P.E. that has provided some fantastic home learning bits.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

The positives of Coronavirus on 13:12 - Apr 10 with 755 viewscocklebreath

Spending more time with kids, not ferrying them about every day to training and clubs. Waking up and not worrying about all the things I need to do. Getting better at football everyday, the old skills are coming back. Currently in the garden with a beer and the kids are in the pool.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

The positives of Coronavirus on 14:07 - Apr 10 with 738 viewssolent_toffee

The positives of Coronavirus on 09:26 - Apr 10 by this_charming_man

Sound, have a look here.

https://plprimarystars.com/home-learning/fun-activities

Saints deliver the programme round here and it’s very popular. They are going to keep adding activities/lessons each week.
The positives of Coronavirus on 15:06 - Apr 10 with 704 viewsthis_charming_man

The positives of Coronavirus on 14:07 - Apr 10 by solent_toffee

Sound, have a look here.

https://plprimarystars.com/home-learning/fun-activities

Saints deliver the programme round here and it’s very popular. They are going to keep adding activities/lessons each week.

Thanks that looks good will get him on it

The positives of Coronavirus on 15:34 - Apr 10 with 690 viewsMr_Happy

The positives of Coronavirus on 23:02 - Apr 9 by this_charming_man

I fell out with my sister in law this week, the spolit selfish c7nt as she said she was going to csrry on as normal as our area hasn’t really been badly effected and no one knows has had it. Incredible arrogance,

Get her to watch this.

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

The positives of Coronavirus on 10:31 - Apr 11 with 596 viewsSadoldgit

We have discovered that there definitely isn’t a magic money tree. There is a whole forest of them!
The positives of Coronavirus on 10:38 - Apr 11 with 592 viewsthis_charming_man

The positives of Coronavirus on 10:31 - Apr 11 by Sadoldgit

We have discovered that there definitely isn’t a magic money tree. There is a whole forest of them!

We have discovered that you rarely post but hit the dislike feature on those who do quite often, which is weird.

The positives of Coronavirus on 14:17 - Apr 11 with 562 viewsOccasional_Showers

The positives of Coronavirus on 10:31 - Apr 11 by Sadoldgit

How does this relate to Caroline Flack?

The positives of Coronavirus on 10:31 - Apr 12 with 495 viewsSadoldgit

The positives of Coronavirus on 14:17 - Apr 11 by Occasional_Showers

How does this relate to Caroline Flack?

I don’t know. Why do you ask?
The positives of Coronavirus on 11:15 - Apr 12 with 478 viewsSadoldgit

The positives of Coronavirus on 10:38 - Apr 11 by this_charming_man

We have discovered that you rarely post but hit the dislike feature on those who do quite often, which is weird.

“We have discovered?” Is this some kind of lynch mob? Who are these “we?”
Joining a forum where people express various opinions and not having one yourself would be “weird” would it not?
I am flattered that such a prolific poster as yourself has taken an interest in my post count. I can only assume that you have too much time on your hands now having been furloughed as the resident ITK-in-Chief?
The positives of Coronavirus on 11:29 - Apr 12 with 469 viewsOccasional_Showers

The positives of Coronavirus on 10:31 - Apr 12 by Sadoldgit

I don’t know. Why do you ask?

It’s all you ever talked about before Coronavirus, so I assumed there would be a link.

The positives of Coronavirus on 11:34 - Apr 12 with 466 views1885_SFC

The positives of Coronavirus on 11:29 - Apr 12 by Occasional_Showers

It’s all you ever talked about before Coronavirus, so I assumed there would be a link.

One for you OS. Both of my brothers are truckers; one for Tesco and the other overnight for RM Parcelforce. A truckers POV...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/newsbeat-52235125/truckers-we-re-being-treated-lik

Old School is Cool

The positives of Coronavirus on 12:16 - Apr 12 with 445 viewsOccasional_Showers

The positives of Coronavirus on 11:34 - Apr 12 by 1885_SFC

One for you OS. Both of my brothers are truckers; one for Tesco and the other overnight for RM Parcelforce. A truckers POV...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/newsbeat-52235125/truckers-we-re-being-treated-lik

I’m furloughed as I do Specialized work, but the week before the full lockdown all the Motorway Service areas had closed the food outlets. The only shops open were the supermarkets. Personally I rarely ate fast food, but did use pubs and cafes for food as well as stuff in the fridge. In my line of work the cabs are tiny compared to normal tractor units so we don’t have the space for lots of kit and need places to go for hot meals.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024