Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Behind closed doors & streamed? 11:03 - Apr 17 with 21991 viewsjudd

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/all-english-football-league-games-to-res

Poll: What is it to be then?

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 12:33 - Apr 25 with 2536 viewsJames1980

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 12:23 - Apr 25 by D_Alien

There would be time for a typical close season repair before games resumed, if the club got its skates on

If there is any way the repairs of the drainage can go ahead it is worthwhile doing.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:11 - Apr 25 with 2493 viewsncfc_chalky

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 12:45 - Apr 21 by rochdaleriddler

True , but bottles are superior to tinnies

Anybody tried Neonraptors Doctor Galapagos Mango Milk Shake IPA?
I can't find it anywhere,is it the kind of drink that's smirked at by real ale aficionados?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 13:16]

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:36 - Apr 25 with 2473 viewsD_Alien

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:11 - Apr 25 by ncfc_chalky

I can't find it anywhere,is it the kind of drink that's smirked at by real ale aficionados?

We'd be too busy vomiting to smirk

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:41 - Apr 25 with 2457 viewsncfc_chalky

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:36 - Apr 25 by D_Alien

We'd be too busy vomiting to smirk

None the less it seems very popular as it's sold out

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:50 - Apr 25 with 2447 viewsD_Alien

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:41 - Apr 25 by ncfc_chalky

Don't try injecting it

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 23:25 - Apr 26 with 2271 viewsMolly

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:50 - Apr 25 by D_Alien

Don't try injecting it

And don't even think of ingesting it!
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 10:51 - Apr 27 with 2138 viewsDaleiLama

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:11 - Apr 25 by ncfc_chalky

I was intrigued by the IPA aspect of it Chalky, so looked it up.

The description of it on many levels sounds really good, but the addition of milk?!? Sounds a bit ……. Chalky?

If you buy some and try it let me know how you get on. Free delivery on a box here.

https://www.craftmetropolis.co.uk/product/neon-raptor-doctor-galapagos-mango-mil

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:52 - Apr 27 with 2030 viewsncfc_chalky

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 10:51 - Apr 27 by DaleiLama

I was intrigued by the IPA aspect of it Chalky, so looked it up.

The description of it on many levels sounds really good, but the addition of milk?!? Sounds a bit ……. Chalky?

If you buy some and try it let me know how you get on. Free delivery on a box here.

https://www.craftmetropolis.co.uk/product/neon-raptor-doctor-galapagos-mango-mil

Thank you for the link DL but I can't see it on there but I will take a closer look later,Neon Raptor is based about five miles away from me but I've been told that they have temporarily stopped brewing,I don't know if it's because of the lockdown but I presume so

Login to get fewer ads

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 14:33 - Apr 27 with 1991 viewsDaleiLama

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:52 - Apr 27 by ncfc_chalky

Thank you for the link DL but I can't see it on there but I will take a closer look later,Neon Raptor is based about five miles away from me but I've been told that they have temporarily stopped brewing,I don't know if it's because of the lockdown but I presume so

Soz Chalky. When I followed the link it didn't work for me either. I'd followed a link from a search which must have been old. If you like IPAs though, Proper Job and Big job from St Austell Brewing Co are worth trying and probably easier to locate.

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 14:58 - Apr 27 with 1974 viewsjudd

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:41 - Apr 25 by ncfc_chalky

Thanks, now f, erm, go away, Chalky.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 19:25 - Apr 27 with 1861 viewsncfc_chalky

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 14:58 - Apr 27 by judd

Thanks, now f, erm, go away, Chalky.

Yeah that's right judd,you've got to be polite to me now so don't you lot forget it

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 19:27 - Apr 27 with 1856 viewsncfc_chalky

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 14:33 - Apr 27 by DaleiLama

Soz Chalky. When I followed the link it didn't work for me either. I'd followed a link from a search which must have been old. If you like IPAs though, Proper Job and Big job from St Austell Brewing Co are worth trying and probably easier to locate.

Thanks for the link attempt anyhow DL it was decent of you

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 17:49 - Apr 29 with 1679 viewsJames1980

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/exclusive-efl-foo

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 19:36 - Apr 29 with 1622 viewsMoonyDale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 17:49 - Apr 29 by James1980

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/exclusive-efl-foo

The more I read about this plan or that plan to restart the season the angrier I get, in light of the decisions by the French and Dutch to put an end to their seasons as it were I cannot get my head around the governing bodies over here considering anything other than scrapping the remaining games. I'm hoping common sense will prevail on Friday and the whole thing is put to bed until next season. Why are we always dragging our collective arses kicking and screaming before making sensible decisions? It isn't safe now and it won't be safe next month or the month after...The arrogance of those in charge is mind numbingly frightening.....Money over lives, it's sickening....Rant over....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 20:14 - Apr 29 with 1591 viewsncfc_chalky

The NL season has finished,it will be made official sometime next week as all of the votes aren't in yet but it's 90% of clubs voting for end,Notts voted for it to continue and have put in a complaint but nothing will come of it,it's been said that Barrow will be invited to join the EFL to make up for the space left by Bury
Notts was two games away from a Wembley visit with the FA Trophy plus we was just getting into a good run in the league being currently third

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 20:39 - Apr 29 with 1563 viewsDaleiLama

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 19:36 - Apr 29 by MoonyDale

The more I read about this plan or that plan to restart the season the angrier I get, in light of the decisions by the French and Dutch to put an end to their seasons as it were I cannot get my head around the governing bodies over here considering anything other than scrapping the remaining games. I'm hoping common sense will prevail on Friday and the whole thing is put to bed until next season. Why are we always dragging our collective arses kicking and screaming before making sensible decisions? It isn't safe now and it won't be safe next month or the month after...The arrogance of those in charge is mind numbingly frightening.....Money over lives, it's sickening....Rant over....

Same reason distancing/lockdown wasn't introduced earlier Moony. Bad decision making. Having said that, I'm struggling to see an end to this without a vaccine.

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 21:21 - Apr 29 with 1530 views442Dale

Still maintain that the uncertainty around next season should be the main consideration around decisions made about the current campaign. Cancel a season now, then what? Are France expecting to be playing again in September? They can’t answer that, so why end this one now?

The issue, as always, is around finances. Some clubs are pointing out the financial pressures in playing the league out over the summer, others want them played for prize money/promotion etc. There’s no general consensus.

What if they couldn’t play safely behind closed doors until autumn and fans couldn’t return until 2021? Is that not a scenario that could be planned for with a financial solution found with all parties working together? Who knows, the uncertainty certainly shouldn’t see decisions made that aren’t going to make much sense a month down the line.

FIFA and UEFA need to be doing more. They won’t have competitions if countries are all at different stages, so they should be looking to provide aid where possible.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 21:32 - Apr 29 with 1514 viewsD_Alien

Finances are obviously a major issue, i.e. the survival of football clubs for their communities in the future

There's no suggestion that risks will need to be taken, over and above those associated with a gradual easing of lockdown in any other area of activity. I'm leaning towards the suggestion of playing multiple fixtures at neutral venues over a shortened period, thus easing any issues around emergency services being stretched and fans congregating outside their local stadia
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 21:34]

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 08:40 - Apr 30 with 1425 viewsMoonyDale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 21:32 - Apr 29 by D_Alien

Finances are obviously a major issue, i.e. the survival of football clubs for their communities in the future

There's no suggestion that risks will need to be taken, over and above those associated with a gradual easing of lockdown in any other area of activity. I'm leaning towards the suggestion of playing multiple fixtures at neutral venues over a shortened period, thus easing any issues around emergency services being stretched and fans congregating outside their local stadia
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 21:34]

The simple fact of groups of players accompanied by ancillary staff from multiple teams converging on grounds across the country is itself a major risk...It cannot be done safely, nothing will convince me otherwise and it is all to do with money....Nothing else, and what happens in these games when a team scores ? Leeds just win the Championship with a last minute goal and don't celebrate in the usual fashion? It's a complete joke, Chuckle Brothers football....To me, To you...

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 11:36 - Apr 30 with 1374 viewsD_Alien

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 08:40 - Apr 30 by MoonyDale

The simple fact of groups of players accompanied by ancillary staff from multiple teams converging on grounds across the country is itself a major risk...It cannot be done safely, nothing will convince me otherwise and it is all to do with money....Nothing else, and what happens in these games when a team scores ? Leeds just win the Championship with a last minute goal and don't celebrate in the usual fashion? It's a complete joke, Chuckle Brothers football....To me, To you...

Plans are afoot for players to return to training on 18 May, and during the period leading up to football restarting they'll also be mixing with physios etc (ancillary staff). They'll all be tested, and if there's no cause for alarm among each individual squad (i.e. no evidence of viral transmission) then each squad will be clear to meet every other, equally clear squad

The training period will therefore act as the test of safety over a period of weeks

I can understand your concerns, i really can. But in the end, the process of a gradual return to something like normality has got to resume, and it'll be guided by the effect on transmission rate

I've no doubt that many individuals will be wary of returning to normal social discourse for many months to come; some perhaps for the rest of their lives, and that's their choice

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 12:29 - Apr 30 with 1338 viewsisitme

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 11:36 - Apr 30 by D_Alien

Plans are afoot for players to return to training on 18 May, and during the period leading up to football restarting they'll also be mixing with physios etc (ancillary staff). They'll all be tested, and if there's no cause for alarm among each individual squad (i.e. no evidence of viral transmission) then each squad will be clear to meet every other, equally clear squad

The training period will therefore act as the test of safety over a period of weeks

I can understand your concerns, i really can. But in the end, the process of a gradual return to something like normality has got to resume, and it'll be guided by the effect on transmission rate

I've no doubt that many individuals will be wary of returning to normal social discourse for many months to come; some perhaps for the rest of their lives, and that's their choice

I think you have hit the key point about how do we as a society 'return to normal' whatever that may be? We can only lock down for so long and as a country we need to look at managing risk and NHS capacity. Who are the people who are likely to need hospitalisation if they contract COVID-19?

For some of this it will be down to choice and if people are not comfortable they if they can they can avoid certain situations. What happens when hairdressers open again? In reality how can people social distance whilst inside them? The stylist will be close to who they are cutting the hair of. For people having colours etc they will be there for hours. The practicalities will be very difficult and some people will be uncomfortable, but people need to make a choice.

When gyms are back open, you can probably social distance okay (especially if classes are only available to limited numbers) but people will be touching the equipment. Some people will have no issues with this, others will. It is really difficult.

I suspect many footballers will want to get back training and playing, but others may not. From the stats they fall in the low risk group even if they do contract COVID-19.
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 12:47 - Apr 30 with 1315 viewskrafty80

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 21:21 - Apr 29 by 442Dale

Still maintain that the uncertainty around next season should be the main consideration around decisions made about the current campaign. Cancel a season now, then what? Are France expecting to be playing again in September? They can’t answer that, so why end this one now?

The issue, as always, is around finances. Some clubs are pointing out the financial pressures in playing the league out over the summer, others want them played for prize money/promotion etc. There’s no general consensus.

What if they couldn’t play safely behind closed doors until autumn and fans couldn’t return until 2021? Is that not a scenario that could be planned for with a financial solution found with all parties working together? Who knows, the uncertainty certainly shouldn’t see decisions made that aren’t going to make much sense a month down the line.

FIFA and UEFA need to be doing more. They won’t have competitions if countries are all at different stages, so they should be looking to provide aid where possible.

Your point about FIFA and UEFA is spot on 442. I was reading the other day that for all their many sins, Messrs Blatter and Valcke didn't do everything wrong: they piled up FIFA's cash reserves to ensure they could weather some serious economic hits. So they should emerge stronger potentially, or at least less weakened than other football entities. I think many many leagues will be looking to FIFA for help, and in return FIFA will expect the football market to be more amenable to its ideas. These may include an even bigger World Cup and more involvement in club competitions, such as a much larger Club World Cup aimed at seizing a chunk of the money currently pouring into the Champions League via TV rights.

I guess from a Dale perspective, English lower league sides should probably pressure the Premier League for an increase in solidarity payments, but I wonder if PL owners will want to fork out more. Why should they? Few have any emotional attachment to the lower leagues or the traditions of English football.

I know lots of people are understandably saying they want to see an end to obscene player salaries, agent fees etc but I do wonder if in reality, a post-pandemic decline in TV revenues (for example) will do any good at all to a club like ours. Might be a case of 'be careful what you wish for'.
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:32 - Apr 30 with 1270 viewsD_Alien

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 12:47 - Apr 30 by krafty80

Your point about FIFA and UEFA is spot on 442. I was reading the other day that for all their many sins, Messrs Blatter and Valcke didn't do everything wrong: they piled up FIFA's cash reserves to ensure they could weather some serious economic hits. So they should emerge stronger potentially, or at least less weakened than other football entities. I think many many leagues will be looking to FIFA for help, and in return FIFA will expect the football market to be more amenable to its ideas. These may include an even bigger World Cup and more involvement in club competitions, such as a much larger Club World Cup aimed at seizing a chunk of the money currently pouring into the Champions League via TV rights.

I guess from a Dale perspective, English lower league sides should probably pressure the Premier League for an increase in solidarity payments, but I wonder if PL owners will want to fork out more. Why should they? Few have any emotional attachment to the lower leagues or the traditions of English football.

I know lots of people are understandably saying they want to see an end to obscene player salaries, agent fees etc but I do wonder if in reality, a post-pandemic decline in TV revenues (for example) will do any good at all to a club like ours. Might be a case of 'be careful what you wish for'.

My wish is for a wages structure at our level that means we don't have to seek out (sell our soul to) sources of funding that have leverage over the long-term interests of the club and more importantly, its fans

Before the lockdown, that's precisely the route we found ourselves going down, and that, after transfers and cup runs which will have produced an income stream (including deferred payments) we could only have dreamt of a few years back

We should certainly be careful what we wish for

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 14:14 - Apr 30 with 1244 viewsMoonyDale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 11:36 - Apr 30 by D_Alien

The point about testing is valid....But, tests are going to have to be carried out weekly in my opinion as I can be tested today and by the time results are known I am infected without knowing it...This goes for every player during training and leading up to matches, the day or so before any game results come back and someone is positive...The whole team and staff then have to isolate so what then happens to that fixture? Unless you remove every player from their families for the duration of the rest of the season and keep the whole squad in quarantine, plus all other staff that have had any contact at all during the training and build up to games, its impossible to do safely...Unless players take to the field wearing full PPE or Hazmat suits someone somewhere is going to test positive and then a shit storm is going to follow, as I player there is no way in hell would I take part in any games for the foreseeable future....Decide the leagues as they are now, pay out any prize money and compensation from the vast coffers of the governing bodies, it isn't worth the life of a single human being no matter what Sky or the bods at the FA say....As an aside I just had a call re my Father in law who has it and has been admitted and it's not looking good, pardon my language but this fookin virus needs to fook right off.....

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 14:21 - Apr 30 with 1232 viewsCreepy

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 14:14 - Apr 30 by MoonyDale

The point about testing is valid....But, tests are going to have to be carried out weekly in my opinion as I can be tested today and by the time results are known I am infected without knowing it...This goes for every player during training and leading up to matches, the day or so before any game results come back and someone is positive...The whole team and staff then have to isolate so what then happens to that fixture? Unless you remove every player from their families for the duration of the rest of the season and keep the whole squad in quarantine, plus all other staff that have had any contact at all during the training and build up to games, its impossible to do safely...Unless players take to the field wearing full PPE or Hazmat suits someone somewhere is going to test positive and then a shit storm is going to follow, as I player there is no way in hell would I take part in any games for the foreseeable future....Decide the leagues as they are now, pay out any prize money and compensation from the vast coffers of the governing bodies, it isn't worth the life of a single human being no matter what Sky or the bods at the FA say....As an aside I just had a call re my Father in law who has it and has been admitted and it's not looking good, pardon my language but this fookin virus needs to fook right off.....

This.

If social distancing is going to apply until a vaccine is found, how can anyone contemplate that contact sports will be allowed to take place.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 14:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024