Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Behind closed doors & streamed? 11:03 - Apr 17 with 21989 viewsjudd

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/all-english-football-league-games-to-res

Poll: What is it to be then?

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 14:38 - Apr 30 with 1938 viewsJames1980

The tin foil hat brigade are convinced an evil genius has a stockpile of ready made vaccine in the stores of his hollowed out volcano.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 14:51 - Apr 30 with 1911 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 14:14 - Apr 30 by MoonyDale

The point about testing is valid....But, tests are going to have to be carried out weekly in my opinion as I can be tested today and by the time results are known I am infected without knowing it...This goes for every player during training and leading up to matches, the day or so before any game results come back and someone is positive...The whole team and staff then have to isolate so what then happens to that fixture? Unless you remove every player from their families for the duration of the rest of the season and keep the whole squad in quarantine, plus all other staff that have had any contact at all during the training and build up to games, its impossible to do safely...Unless players take to the field wearing full PPE or Hazmat suits someone somewhere is going to test positive and then a shit storm is going to follow, as I player there is no way in hell would I take part in any games for the foreseeable future....Decide the leagues as they are now, pay out any prize money and compensation from the vast coffers of the governing bodies, it isn't worth the life of a single human being no matter what Sky or the bods at the FA say....As an aside I just had a call re my Father in law who has it and has been admitted and it's not looking good, pardon my language but this fookin virus needs to fook right off.....

Yes the problem with a test is that it’s only a negative, at that moment the test is taken. The person tested can become infected at anytime after that unless under total quarantine , more or less under a shield, from everyone apart from their teammates and others involved in their treatment, or coaching etc.

Hope your father-in-law gets well soon.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 15:17]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 15:09 - Apr 30 with 1881 viewsD_Alien

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 14:21 - Apr 30 by Creepy

This.

If social distancing is going to apply until a vaccine is found, how can anyone contemplate that contact sports will be allowed to take place.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 14:43]

Best ask the medical advisers of those sporting bodies at home and abroad who're contemplating just that

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 15:56 - Apr 30 with 1813 viewsMoonyDale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 15:09 - Apr 30 by D_Alien

Best ask the medical advisers of those sporting bodies at home and abroad who're contemplating just that

I wonder if these medical experts have any vested interest in resuming the season or are they wholly impartial and won't have undue pressure put on them....Where are the medical staff that have to be at each game coming from when every man/woman is needed elsewhere? It's not just clubs own medical staff that have to be there, in fact are not a couple of our own medical staff on the front line fighting this virus? The Mayor of Liverpool in a statement today said its not possible to play these games in a safe manner....If the season isn't cancelled I will be both amazed and disgusted, it will truly show that money is king and lives mean nothing...I couldn't bring myself to watch it, fund it in any way or support any teams involved.... it's morally wrong.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 16:07 - Apr 30 with 1790 viewstony_roch975

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 14:51 - Apr 30 by foreverhopefulDale

Yes the problem with a test is that it’s only a negative, at that moment the test is taken. The person tested can become infected at anytime after that unless under total quarantine , more or less under a shield, from everyone apart from their teammates and others involved in their treatment, or coaching etc.

Hope your father-in-law gets well soon.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 15:17]

and the test is by no means totally reliable - around 30% false negatives according to Anthony Woodcock, who’s a Professor of Respiratory Medicine at the University of Manchester. It seems to be a case of 'we have to end the lockdown even if there's a risk' or 'until there's a vaccine or cure any end to physical distancing is dangerous'. If there's a half-way-house it might be to have a small extension of your circle of contacts - family/close friends whilst still maintaining other distancing/barrier methods. That certainly wouldn't encompass restarting contact sports.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 16:29 - Apr 30 with 1753 viewsscooby

If they void the season (possible... https://fanbanter.co.uk/efl-players-told-it-is-likely-season-will-not-be-finishe what should happen to:

Bury - will they be let back in?
Bolton - start with a points deduction?
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 16:48 - Apr 30 with 1715 viewsD_Alien

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 15:56 - Apr 30 by MoonyDale

I wonder if these medical experts have any vested interest in resuming the season or are they wholly impartial and won't have undue pressure put on them....Where are the medical staff that have to be at each game coming from when every man/woman is needed elsewhere? It's not just clubs own medical staff that have to be there, in fact are not a couple of our own medical staff on the front line fighting this virus? The Mayor of Liverpool in a statement today said its not possible to play these games in a safe manner....If the season isn't cancelled I will be both amazed and disgusted, it will truly show that money is king and lives mean nothing...I couldn't bring myself to watch it, fund it in any way or support any teams involved.... it's morally wrong.

We'll simply have to disagree MD

I've said enough about financial values in football not to have my motives doubted for advocating a resumption as soon as it's safe to do so, and i don't wish to tread on anyone's sense of morality either

Football may well not resume for some time, but if it does, and this season is completed as i believe it can be without taking unnecessary risks, that would be the best outcome not for football but for the general well-being of us all

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 16:55 - Apr 30 with 1686 viewskiwidale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 14:38 - Apr 30 by James1980

The tin foil hat brigade are convinced an evil genius has a stockpile of ready made vaccine in the stores of his hollowed out volcano.

Are you advocating forced vaccination? how would you deal with those that wont comply?
serious questions by the way,

This is not the time for bickering.

Login to get fewer ads

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 17:00 - Apr 30 with 1676 viewsMoonyDale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 16:48 - Apr 30 by D_Alien

We'll simply have to disagree MD

I've said enough about financial values in football not to have my motives doubted for advocating a resumption as soon as it's safe to do so, and i don't wish to tread on anyone's sense of morality either

Football may well not resume for some time, but if it does, and this season is completed as i believe it can be without taking unnecessary risks, that would be the best outcome not for football but for the general well-being of us all

We agree on football being allowed to resume when it's safe to do so, we disagree on the timing of any restart...I don't think it can be made safe as they say in the disposal unit...It's a bomb waiting to go off...I await the results of tomorrows meetings with interest, or they could just kick the can further down the road a bit....

Edit....PSG just awarded the title in France..
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 17:11]

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 17:04 - Apr 30 with 1674 viewsMoonyDale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 16:55 - Apr 30 by kiwidale

Are you advocating forced vaccination? how would you deal with those that wont comply?

Did I miss something in James post? How do you get to forced vaccinations from what he said?

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 17:14 - Apr 30 with 1650 viewskiwidale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 17:04 - Apr 30 by MoonyDale

Did I miss something in James post? How do you get to forced vaccinations from what he said?

No you did not miss anything Moony my questions are serious given that many see the vaccination as the only and necessary solution to Covid-19.

edit to add
it was appropriate to ask James as he conducted a recent Poll on the subject of vaccinations plus his reference to tin foil hats suggest he thinks anybody who would refuse to be a conspiracist.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 17:24]

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 17:22 - Apr 30 with 1633 viewsMoonyDale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 17:14 - Apr 30 by kiwidale

No you did not miss anything Moony my questions are serious given that many see the vaccination as the only and necessary solution to Covid-19.

edit to add
it was appropriate to ask James as he conducted a recent Poll on the subject of vaccinations plus his reference to tin foil hats suggest he thinks anybody who would refuse to be a conspiracist.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 17:24]

I understand the seriousness of the questions I just couldn't see a link to the questions from what James said...And I agree with the many as it were that vaccination is the only way out of this bloody awful mess, I'm not a fan of herd immunity with this virus, it's gambling with too many lives and the fallout could be catastrophic....What I am a fan of is testing, Antibody testing especially...If I could get access to an antibody test it could allow me to get out of this damn house and start being productive, it would also allow me to attend hospital for treatment I need which I am unable to do at the moment as the thought of attending hospital if quite simply terrifying...

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 17:27 - Apr 30 with 1615 viewsJames1980

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 16:55 - Apr 30 by kiwidale

I am not advocating forced vaccinations no. My comment was based on the conspiracy theory narrative of the virus being man made by evil scientists who have also created the vaccine already and they are going to sell it to the highest bidder. Hollowed out volcano bit was taking the piss out of the tin foil hat brigade.

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 17:38 - Apr 30 with 1590 viewskiwidale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 17:22 - Apr 30 by MoonyDale

I understand the seriousness of the questions I just couldn't see a link to the questions from what James said...And I agree with the many as it were that vaccination is the only way out of this bloody awful mess, I'm not a fan of herd immunity with this virus, it's gambling with too many lives and the fallout could be catastrophic....What I am a fan of is testing, Antibody testing especially...If I could get access to an antibody test it could allow me to get out of this damn house and start being productive, it would also allow me to attend hospital for treatment I need which I am unable to do at the moment as the thought of attending hospital if quite simply terrifying...

See my edit above which may clarify my earlier post I guess the acid test would be if myself or any of my children was fighting for life on a respirator, the vaccine is inoculation not a cure and if its like the seasonal flu jab is not a guarantee that you wont get it..I could expand this to argue that Covid-19 is a novel virus that could mutate how effective would this vaccine be next time a novel virus hits us. Im not a doctor or scientist but I can still ask questions... what do I know?.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 17:48]

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 17:46 - Apr 30 with 1575 viewskiwidale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 17:27 - Apr 30 by James1980

I am not advocating forced vaccinations no. My comment was based on the conspiracy theory narrative of the virus being man made by evil scientists who have also created the vaccine already and they are going to sell it to the highest bidder. Hollowed out volcano bit was taking the piss out of the tin foil hat brigade.

James its fair to say we wont agree but we can still debate. The suggestion that Covid-19 was manufactured is as valid as the suggestion that it is linked to Bat soup which in my mind at least is Bat shit crazy.

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 18:53 - Apr 30 with 1513 viewsJames1980

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 17:46 - Apr 30 by kiwidale

James its fair to say we wont agree but we can still debate. The suggestion that Covid-19 was manufactured is as valid as the suggestion that it is linked to Bat soup which in my mind at least is Bat shit crazy.

If it was a bowl of delicious and nutrious pipistrelle consommé does it mean cooking doesn't kill the virus?

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 19:41 - Apr 30 with 1479 views442Dale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52493649

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 20:04 - Apr 30 with 1458 viewskiwidale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 18:53 - Apr 30 by James1980

If it was a bowl of delicious and nutrious pipistrelle consommé does it mean cooking doesn't kill the virus?

Them French are fookers aren't they it was them all along... good spot James

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 20:10 - Apr 30 with 1441 viewskiwidale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 19:41 - Apr 30 by 442Dale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52493649

That is creative thinking something nobody has thought of to date. I believe it would work better and fairer than the alternatives mentioned so far.

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 20:16 - Apr 30 with 1437 viewsAtThePeake

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 17:04 - Apr 30 by MoonyDale

You didn't, there was absolutely nothing in James' post to suggest that was what he was advocating.

Tangled up in blue.

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 20:19 - Apr 30 with 1428 viewsscooby

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 20:10 - Apr 30 by kiwidale

That is creative thinking something nobody has thought of to date. I believe it would work better and fairer than the alternatives mentioned so far.

I’ve got a copy of alleged recording. Doesn’t make good listening and sooooo many issues to sort from contracts playing beyond June, no fans, players can’t be forced to play, promotions but no relegation with the balance to made next season.

All very odd.
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 20:26 - Apr 30 with 1420 viewsRochdale_Rangar

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 17:46 - Apr 30 by kiwidale

I don’t think the story that it was created in a Chinese lab can be put past the Chinese government to be honest. Especially considering they will benefit from it in the long run and the short term. Personally I think AIDS/HIV was man made.
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 20:30 - Apr 30 with 1409 viewskiwidale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 20:26 - Apr 30 by Rochdale_Rangar

I don’t think the story that it was created in a Chinese lab can be put past the Chinese government to be honest. Especially considering they will benefit from it in the long run and the short term. Personally I think AIDS/HIV was man made.

of course that puts both of us in the conspiricist camp which now makes anything we add irrelevant.

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 20:39 - Apr 30 with 1384 viewsRochdale_Rangar

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 20:30 - Apr 30 by kiwidale

of course that puts both of us in the conspiricist camp which now makes anything we add irrelevant.

None of the attention is on the communist party in China or its leadership, nobody is mentioning WHO corruption and China, nobody is mentioning the coverup or the whistle blowers that have disappeared in China. Instead corporate driven media are taking snippets of Donald Trumps press conferences out of context for clicks and infotainment and revenue for advertisers. I’m more interested to see if China will be isolated after this more then anything or if it will be business as usual.
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 20:49 - Apr 30 with 1373 viewskiwidale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 20:39 - Apr 30 by Rochdale_Rangar

None of the attention is on the communist party in China or its leadership, nobody is mentioning WHO corruption and China, nobody is mentioning the coverup or the whistle blowers that have disappeared in China. Instead corporate driven media are taking snippets of Donald Trumps press conferences out of context for clicks and infotainment and revenue for advertisers. I’m more interested to see if China will be isolated after this more then anything or if it will be business as usual.

That post deserves a standing ovation.

[c

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024