Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Behind closed doors & streamed? 11:03 - Apr 17 with 21987 viewsjudd

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/all-english-football-league-games-to-res

Poll: What is it to be then?

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 21:43 - May 4 with 2895 viewsDaleiLama

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 21:26 - May 4 by nordenblue

Agree with that and the previous post on the whole,the trouble starts when folk like me a relatively healthy male well outside the "vulnerable" age/health bracket yet id be gladly sent out to work as normal to then return home to an asthmatic wife amongst other problems.

Edit... this is in no way a complaint just cant see how a blanket kind of phased return can possibly work nationally when everyone's situation varies massively, they'll obviously need an element of common sense but with some that's asking too much.
[Post edited 4 May 2020 21:35]

My take on it is don't go out unless you absolutely have to and it's better to be 6' apart than 6' under. If age is against you, play the odds, don't tempt fate and weigh risk vs reward.

On common sense, there was a bloke on NW news who queued 4 hours to take expanded polystyrene and cardboard packing from a washing machine to the tip after it was opened.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 21:55 - May 4 with 2874 viewsD_Alien

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 21:43 - May 4 by DaleiLama

My take on it is don't go out unless you absolutely have to and it's better to be 6' apart than 6' under. If age is against you, play the odds, don't tempt fate and weigh risk vs reward.

On common sense, there was a bloke on NW news who queued 4 hours to take expanded polystyrene and cardboard packing from a washing machine to the tip after it was opened.

He's probably one of those people i was referring to, who get withdrawal symptoms if they don't go to the tip on a regular basis

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 22:38 - May 4 with 2838 viewsDaleiLama

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 21:55 - May 4 by D_Alien

He's probably one of those people i was referring to, who get withdrawal symptoms if they don't go to the tip on a regular basis

Beggars belief.

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 22:43 - May 4 with 2832 viewsDaleiLama

One for Nigeriamark - I know how much he loves his conspiracy theories!

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 23:05 - May 4 with 2796 viewsnordenblue

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 21:43 - May 4 by DaleiLama

It comes to something when my 2 year old son understands social distancing better than most adults whilst we're all out on a walk locally.... without a word of a lie he just drops in behind his sister when someone approaches from the opposite side... had a bit of a disagreement recently with 2 older bell ends on bikes riding side by side thinking everyone else should just skittle out of their way.
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 23:38 - May 4 with 2788 viewsDaleiLama

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 23:05 - May 4 by nordenblue

It comes to something when my 2 year old son understands social distancing better than most adults whilst we're all out on a walk locally.... without a word of a lie he just drops in behind his sister when someone approaches from the opposite side... had a bit of a disagreement recently with 2 older bell ends on bikes riding side by side thinking everyone else should just skittle out of their way.

Whenever I go out on my bike I always give folk a wider berth because you're exhaling (and inhaling) harder than normal so better to err on the side of caution and consideration.

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 15:04 - May 5 with 2661 viewsNigeriamark

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 22:43 - May 4 by DaleiLama

One for Nigeriamark - I know how much he loves his conspiracy theories!

Yep, some crackers on here, although thankfully extreme conspiracy theorists are a minority (who get too much airtime)

"This virus has never been proven to exist" -

"We will be living in a worse version of Nazi Germany" & "people we know will start to disappear"

" The government are using the virus to coverup the fact that they are rolling out 5G which is a war weapon"

Sadly the 5G conspiracy (there are actually several so even the conspiracy theorists can't agree) has taken hold to some degree in the UK with over a hundred masts attacked and a lot of engineers being harassed. Many of the masts & workers weren't even doing %G related work
[Post edited 5 May 2020 17:36]
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 19:01 - May 5 with 2570 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 07:51 - May 6 with 2399 viewsNorthernDale

At least Mr Bottomley is providing updates. Hopefully the Dale can restart the weekly Lotto and also if the Dale put season tickets on sale, would many of you would buy season tickets to help put money into the club?
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 09:35 - May 6 with 2344 viewsjpresto

At least the pitch looked in good nick on the BBC news last night. Pity we cant play on it.
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 10:19 - May 6 with 2296 viewsncfc_chalky

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 07:51 - May 6 by NorthernDale

At least Mr Bottomley is providing updates. Hopefully the Dale can restart the weekly Lotto and also if the Dale put season tickets on sale, would many of you would buy season tickets to help put money into the club?

How would you price and promote the season tickets though when there's no definite restart date and there's always the chance that the first few games of a new season could be played behind closed doors,Dale have recently gave amazing value for money season tickets but they will obviously want to (and need to) get in as much money to off set the huge losses for this season,I just can't see a £200 season ticket for the 2020/21 season

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 10:35 - May 6 with 2280 viewsjudd

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 10:19 - May 6 by ncfc_chalky

How would you price and promote the season tickets though when there's no definite restart date and there's always the chance that the first few games of a new season could be played behind closed doors,Dale have recently gave amazing value for money season tickets but they will obviously want to (and need to) get in as much money to off set the huge losses for this season,I just can't see a £200 season ticket for the 2020/21 season

What huge losses?

I would suggest our income from last summer up until the lockdown, and the next payment for Craig Dawson has seen us drag in almost unimaginable sums for us.

Our reliance on gate income is something like 16% of turnover, and a huge slice of that will be from season tickets sales bought May & June last year.

We have had no overnight accommodation to pay for away games and we have furloughing arrangements in place for staff, so we are safeguarding cash.

The club was always going to increase the ST price for next season anyway.

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 10:43 - May 6 with 2272 viewsncfc_chalky

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 10:35 - May 6 by judd

What huge losses?

I would suggest our income from last summer up until the lockdown, and the next payment for Craig Dawson has seen us drag in almost unimaginable sums for us.

Our reliance on gate income is something like 16% of turnover, and a huge slice of that will be from season tickets sales bought May & June last year.

We have had no overnight accommodation to pay for away games and we have furloughing arrangements in place for staff, so we are safeguarding cash.

The club was always going to increase the ST price for next season anyway.

That's a fair point judd and I obviously don't know the ins and outs of Dales finances so I just presumed that with the possible cancellation of this season and uncertainty of when supporters will be allowed back that the club would want to get some money in asap plus it still leaves the problem of how do you promote next season with so much uncertainty?
There will be some clubs that are financially suffering right now but I'm glad that Dale isn't one of them
[Post edited 6 May 2020 10:50]

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 11:27 - May 6 with 2234 viewsjudd

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 10:43 - May 6 by ncfc_chalky

That's a fair point judd and I obviously don't know the ins and outs of Dales finances so I just presumed that with the possible cancellation of this season and uncertainty of when supporters will be allowed back that the club would want to get some money in asap plus it still leaves the problem of how do you promote next season with so much uncertainty?
There will be some clubs that are financially suffering right now but I'm glad that Dale isn't one of them
[Post edited 6 May 2020 10:50]

I've no doubt that we are suffering but managing manfully.

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 11:48 - May 6 with 2217 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:38 - May 6 with 2141 viewsShun

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 11:48 - May 6 by James1980

Very sad, but I’m not really sure what Collymore’s point is. The French season was postponed 2 months ago and he got the virus last week, so he didn’t get it on a football pitch. The fact that he’s a professional footballer is irrelevant.
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 14:52 - May 6 with 2094 viewsJames1980

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:38 - May 6 by Shun

Very sad, but I’m not really sure what Collymore’s point is. The French season was postponed 2 months ago and he got the virus last week, so he didn’t get it on a football pitch. The fact that he’s a professional footballer is irrelevant.

Very true, also I am sure it would be a difficult to prove where someone contracted the virus.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 15:30 - May 6 with 2062 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Restarting things like football and other contact sport unnecessarily should be avoided until there is as near as possible proof it is safe to. Testing at the moment is not 100% accurate. Many sports could be restarted while keeping social distancing, but not football. Cricket could possibly take place, as for example, darts, snooker and other non contact sports, but might require the wearing of gloves.

As an aside there’s talk of the furlough scheme coming to an end, just hope not used to force people back into work too early, when suitable social distancing can’t be put in place.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 21:20]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 16:26 - May 6 with 2016 viewsAtThePeake

Bundesliga set to come back before the end of the month.

Tangled up in blue.

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 20:21 - May 6 with 1917 viewsnordenblue

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 15:30 - May 6 by foreverhopefulDale

Restarting things like football and other contact sport unnecessarily should be avoided until there is as near as possible proof it is safe to. Testing at the moment is not 100% accurate. Many sports could be restarted while keeping social distancing, but not football. Cricket could possibly take place, as for example, darts, snooker and other non contact sports, but might require the wearing of gloves.

As an aside there’s talk of the furlough scheme coming to an end, just hope not used to force people back into work too early, when suitable social distancing can’t be put in place.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 21:20]

Furlough is in place already till the end of June and theres even talk of it continuing a couple of months after that at a phased reduced sort of idea, the simple fact is it cant continue in it's current format for much longer.
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 20:31 - May 6 with 1908 viewsrochdaleriddler

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:38 - May 6 by Shun

I don’t think he was claiming he caught it in a football environment, rather that footballers (fit and young) can be very poorly with it, and punting a ball round a field in close proximity to others is an unnecessary risk for them to take. I also think that if players don’t really want to play at the moment, they aren’t going to be fully committed to it, and Could affect the integrity of the league as much as not finishing the season

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 21:26 - May 6 with 1867 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 20:21 - May 6 by nordenblue

Furlough is in place already till the end of June and theres even talk of it continuing a couple of months after that at a phased reduced sort of idea, the simple fact is it cant continue in it's current format for much longer.

I accept that, but ultimately the health and safety of workers and the people they come into contact with is the most important thing. If they did phase out furlough they could do it on the basis that affected people go back to work on a part time basis, depending on the work place to enable social distancing.

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 23:03 - May 6 with 1813 viewsnordenblue

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 21:26 - May 6 by foreverhopefulDale

I accept that, but ultimately the health and safety of workers and the people they come into contact with is the most important thing. If they did phase out furlough they could do it on the basis that affected people go back to work on a part time basis, depending on the work place to enable social distancing.

We will reach a point soon enough where the risk attached for anyone will be outweighed by the governments need to get the economy moving again, this will begin once they start reintroducing kids back to school.

One positive thing that could/should come out of all this mess is that a fair few companies may now realise how fooking stupid it is to ask every member of staff to all drive into one place of work at the same time sat in rush hour traffic Mon-Frid to all sit around desks on laptops all day.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 23:05]
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 23:25 - May 6 with 1797 viewsDaleiLama

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 23:03 - May 6 by nordenblue

We will reach a point soon enough where the risk attached for anyone will be outweighed by the governments need to get the economy moving again, this will begin once they start reintroducing kids back to school.

One positive thing that could/should come out of all this mess is that a fair few companies may now realise how fooking stupid it is to ask every member of staff to all drive into one place of work at the same time sat in rush hour traffic Mon-Frid to all sit around desks on laptops all day.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 23:05]

The chemical industry did this 20+ years ago for sales then multinationals centralised sales admin 10+ years ago tbf NB. But your point is well made - so much more could be done. Return to work will be phased, but can't imagine too many people will be using public transport initially either unless they have to which won't help. Meanwhile our air has never been cleaner.

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 00:32 - May 7 with 1764 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 23:25 - May 6 by DaleiLama

The chemical industry did this 20+ years ago for sales then multinationals centralised sales admin 10+ years ago tbf NB. But your point is well made - so much more could be done. Return to work will be phased, but can't imagine too many people will be using public transport initially either unless they have to which won't help. Meanwhile our air has never been cleaner.

Be interesting to know how many lives have been saved by the cleaner air due to the lock down.
Things like working from home, need to continue, online and telephone medical consultations, as well are good things. Just think how much time , money and indeed pollution is saved by people not having to go to a medical centre but instead the consulting done online or by phone. Doctors can email sick notes that can then be forwarded to employers. Prescriptions can be sent electronically to pharmacies, then picked up or even delivered.
Online meetings, etc. Getting back to normal. There has to be a new normal.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024