Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When this is over 14:05 - Apr 20 with 1388 viewsgrumpy

We need to have a good look at ourselves.

Protection Equipment from Turkey.

Fruit pickers from Rumania etc

This Nation used have one of the best Textile,Ship Building,Car Building etc etc in the World.

We need to start producing on our own,not buying cheap from China etc.

This Country could be Great again but it needs to change ..............
When this is over on 14:27 - Apr 20 with 1369 viewsSadoldgit

As long as other countries produce and sell items cheaper we will buy their products over ours. Due to labour costs in this country we can’t compete with China.
When this is over on 15:02 - Apr 20 with 1352 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Yes I agree, I keep bleating on about this, but we need to start manufacturing again properly in THIS country.

The only reason we don't is;
1. Cost; consumers want to be x product at the cheapest price, so companies shift it offshore in order to ...
2. Protect shareholders who want MAXIMUM return from their investments

They are both fair enough. We don't want to pay over the odds and people who invest should get a return, but it's gone too far with flogging every single company to every single overseas investor.

I hope people will start to value items made here instead. Firstly they'll make things last longer and repair them if they break and secondly, the lower carbon footprint of stuff made here will be worth it too in the long run.

There is no need to import so much from abroad, especially PPE.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

When this is over on 15:40 - Apr 20 with 1329 viewsBoris_

When this is over on 14:27 - Apr 20 by Sadoldgit

As long as other countries produce and sell items cheaper we will buy their products over ours. Due to labour costs in this country we can’t compete with China.

For my clothing/merchandise BUSINESS, for clients who are looking at anything more than 200 pieces, we order from Turkey, China or India to produce them for us, even though we have all the machines and skills in-house to be able to make them ourselves.

Unless they are going to abolish minimum wage, we will never compete with the likes of China, India and Turkey... you can't have it both ways.

Minimum wage in China is £300 a month. £2 a day in India. £350 a month in Turkey.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 15:42]

Poll: Claude Puel

When this is over on 17:43 - Apr 20 with 1252 viewssaint22

as long as we have an apathetic workforce who think their future lies in entering talentless shows and doing the lottery we are doomed
people think they are above fruit picking and menial tasks
When this is over on 17:48 - Apr 20 with 1252 viewsBoris_

When this is over on 17:43 - Apr 20 by saint22

as long as we have an apathetic workforce who think their future lies in entering talentless shows and doing the lottery we are doomed
people think they are above fruit picking and menial tasks

What are you talking about?

Are you suggesting we should lower the minimum wage to £300 a month, so we can compete with China and Turkey?

Poll: Claude Puel

When this is over on 17:56 - Apr 20 with 1244 viewsOccasional_Showers

Boycott their rancid takeaways. Not a big thing, but if they all start closing down it’ll send a message to the Chinese that we don’t like how they are devastating numbers of endangered species and in the process of doing so inflicting Coronavirus deaths on civilised countries such as ours.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

When this is over on 18:11 - Apr 20 with 1232 viewsDorsetIan

When this is over on 17:56 - Apr 20 by Occasional_Showers

Boycott their rancid takeaways. Not a big thing, but if they all start closing down it’ll send a message to the Chinese that we don’t like how they are devastating numbers of endangered species and in the process of doing so inflicting Coronavirus deaths on civilised countries such as ours.

I might be wrong, but I think you may have suggested that idea before.

It's not received much take up on here. How's it going in your own area - have you managed to stem the flow of chow mein and prawn crackers yet?

Here's a video for you to enjoy of some of your redneck racist friends abusing a Chinese nurse in Denver.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

When this is over on 19:40 - Apr 20 with 1177 viewsHeisenberg

Im not sure not having a chow mein and prawn crackers from the Peking Dragon in the High Street on a Friday night is going to have much impact on the Chinese economy. I'm not one to judge but don't think you have entirely thought this one through. Maybe boycotting Chinese owned football clubs or refusing to use 5g might have more impact.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Login to get fewer ads

When this is over on 19:47 - Apr 20 with 1165 viewsOccasional_Showers

When this is over on 19:40 - Apr 20 by Heisenberg

Im not sure not having a chow mein and prawn crackers from the Peking Dragon in the High Street on a Friday night is going to have much impact on the Chinese economy. I'm not one to judge but don't think you have entirely thought this one through. Maybe boycotting Chinese owned football clubs or refusing to use 5g might have more impact.

It would make a difference because it would make headlines. It would raise the profile of Chinese Wet Markets and the backward eating/ traditional medicines.

Paul McCartney is doing good focussing on them.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-paul-mccartney-calls-for-end-to-chinas-me

But we need to do more and we need to boycott China wherever and whenever we can to keep this in the limelight.

When this is over on 20:01 - Apr 20 with 1158 viewsHeisenberg

When this is over on 19:47 - Apr 20 by Occasional_Showers

It would make a difference because it would make headlines. It would raise the profile of Chinese Wet Markets and the backward eating/ traditional medicines.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-paul-mccartney-calls-for-end-to-chinas-me

But we need to do more and we need to boycott China wherever and whenever we can to keep this in the limelight.

Im sure the Chinese Supreme Leader is shitting himself at the thought of a headline in the Daily Mail. 'Brits say fook you to chop suey''.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

When this is over on 20:01 - Apr 20 with 1157 viewsHappy_Jack

I'll certainly be boycotting my local Chinese takeaway after the events of last Saturday. They put a hand written sign up on the window stating the new closing time was now 20.30. Fair enough I thought. I started ringing at 19.55 to place a sizeable order (which would therefore entitle me to free prawn crackers) only to be greeted with an endless ring tone. At 20.10 I then took the decision to walk up and place my order in person assuming they were either understaffed (highly unlikely as there's usually at least 6 working in the open kitchen) or extremely busy. At 20.15 I walked through the door and as I started to place my order was told they were no longer cooking and would be closing (a full 15 minutes before the stated time on the A4 sheet cellotaped to the window). I was fuming. Why didn't they just pick up the phone and tell me that the coonts? I ended up eating a cheese and ham sandwich ffs

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

When this is over on 20:02 - Apr 20 with 1157 viewsDorsetIan

When this is over on 19:47 - Apr 20 by Occasional_Showers

It's a shame you've not got the profile of Paul McCartney - you could really get something going.

Paul McCartney also has the advantage that he's not motivated by racism of course - that tends to play quite badly with your typical campaigning type.

How is the campaign going locally - you didn't answer that? Where are you at with it - a bit of leafleting to start you off, or have you started picketing the Golden Dragon yet?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

When this is over on 20:17 - Apr 20 with 1137 viewsOccasional_Showers

When this is over on 20:01 - Apr 20 by Happy_Jack

I'll certainly be boycotting my local Chinese takeaway after the events of last Saturday. They put a hand written sign up on the window stating the new closing time was now 20.30. Fair enough I thought. I started ringing at 19.55 to place a sizeable order (which would therefore entitle me to free prawn crackers) only to be greeted with an endless ring tone. At 20.10 I then took the decision to walk up and place my order in person assuming they were either understaffed (highly unlikely as there's usually at least 6 working in the open kitchen) or extremely busy. At 20.15 I walked through the door and as I started to place my order was told they were no longer cooking and would be closing (a full 15 minutes before the stated time on the A4 sheet cellotaped to the window). I was fuming. Why didn't they just pick up the phone and tell me that the coonts? I ended up eating a cheese and ham sandwich ffs

I’m shocked you even contemplated crossing the threshold, but it’s good to hear you have joined the crusade to rid our high streets of these takeaways.

When this is over on 23:47 - Apr 20 with 1046 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

When this is all over, Saint22 and I will meet for a beer. Fact.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

When this is over on 11:31 - Apr 21 with 937 viewsRon11

When this is over on 20:02 - Apr 20 by DorsetIan

It's a shame you've not got the profile of Paul McCartney - you could really get something going.

Paul McCartney also has the advantage that he's not motivated by racism of course - that tends to play quite badly with your typical campaigning type.

How is the campaign going locally - you didn't answer that? Where are you at with it - a bit of leafleting to start you off, or have you started picketing the Golden Dragon yet?

Racism?
Do you really think the Chinese give a fu ck about us? Millions of them regard us (the West) with utter contempt and think of us as nothing more than white faced barbarians.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024