Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greta 22:40 - Apr 28 with 1954 viewsthis_charming_man

Bet she’s feeling a bit redundant at the moment praying for it to be over so she can get back on her soap box.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Greta on 16:14 - Apr 29 with 759 viewsBoris_

Greta on 07:07 - Apr 29 by saintwizzler

Ad revenue from social media for a start.
4.1m followers on Twitter
10.2m on Instagram
TV and magazine interviews

No ad revenue to be made on Insta and Twitter.

Poll: Claude Puel

Greta on 16:15 - Apr 29 with 744 viewsDorsetIan

Greta on 15:28 - Apr 29 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I completely disagree. Most Tories I know (and there are a LOT, me included) hate Trump and support climate activists like Greta and are far from selfish.

Don't confuse a couple of people on this bizarre little forum with real life.

For me the correspondence is mainly between Trump supporters/the alt-right and climate change denial. And maybe I shouldn't have included 'Brexit supporters' in the mix as they are a diverse bunch, but the likes of Farage and his mates, for example, have a problem with Greta (see e.g. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/17/greta-thunberg-brexit-cult

And I still don't get it. The vitriol directed at a teenager who is not unlike many idealistic teenagers (especially in relation to climate change) but who, unusually and impressively, has managed to attract a global audience, is frankly very very weird.

And for what's it's worth, I don't think her parents have ruined her life. She seems to have a spirit of her own, which I am guessing would be quite hard for any parent to suppress, even if they thought it was a good idea.

And nobody complains much about the ruined childhoods of child actors and the like, or, more to the point, the millions of children worldwide whose childhoods have been shafted by extreme poverty, and/or natural disasters, some of which caused by climate change.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Greta on 16:21 - Apr 29 with 742 viewsOccasional_Showers

The devil child will be loving this pandemic.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Greta on 16:54 - Apr 29 with 715 viewsMr_Happy

Greta on 23:01 - Apr 28 by Boris_

Yep, she’s going to feel like Piers Morgan will feel once a vaccine is found and people stop dying. Piers will be absolutely gutted. I wonder who he will bully on TV then?

Once he runs out of ammo you right wing snowflakes will have to find something else to gripe about.

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

Greta on 18:17 - Apr 29 with 659 viewsDorsetIan

Greta on 16:11 - Apr 29 by GasGiant

I don't know what the alt.right is. Can you clarify for my benefit? I suspect the answer to your supposition is firstly "anecdotal evidence" and secondly "non sequitur". The burden of proof is upon you to show that the link exists, not just assume the link is there.

You can check out what the alt-right is for yourself. It's a commonly used term and I'm sure there's more than one definition. Likewise, if you don't notice the correspondence then don't worry about it. The boffins in Sweden are going to research it far better than I can. I'll be interested to know what they find - I'm curious about it.

Greta on 18:22 - Apr 29 with 663 viewsSadoldgit

Greta on 15:28 - Apr 29 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I completely disagree. Most Tories I know (and there are a LOT, me included) hate Trump and support climate activists like Greta and are far from selfish.

Don't confuse a couple of people on this bizarre little forum with real life.

Fair comment. I don’t know that many Tories, but those I do mostly have similar beliefs to those on here. Don’t worry, I don’t tar them all with the same brush and appreciate that there must be some with a heart 😉
Greta on 18:43 - Apr 29 with 647 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Greta on 18:22 - Apr 29 by Sadoldgit

Fair comment. I don’t know that many Tories, but those I do mostly have similar beliefs to those on here. Don’t worry, I don’t tar them all with the same brush and appreciate that there must be some with a heart 😉

hah! :)

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Greta on 18:46 - Apr 29 with 644 viewsthis_charming_man

Greta on 18:22 - Apr 29 by Sadoldgit

“Those on here”

Probably a maximum of 2 people

Login to get fewer ads

Greta on 08:29 - Apr 30 with 570 viewshuelinsaint

Greta on 13:23 - Apr 29 by DorsetIan

There is a massive correspondence between right wing conversatism and climate change denial - I just don't understand why that is.

If you want to go one step further and deny the correspondence, you crack on.

Greed
Greta on 08:34 - Apr 30 with 561 viewsDorsetIan

Greta on 08:29 - Apr 30 by huelinsaint

Greed

Can you explain further?

Greta on 08:45 - Apr 30 with 556 viewshuelinsaint

Greta on 08:34 - Apr 30 by DorsetIan

Can you explain further?

Well if you're a polluting multi national corporation or an a company like Exxon,you are going to be against climate change activism because it will affect your bottom line.Right wingers are generally more selfish and greedier* than people not of the right,their raison d'etre is to protect what they have and if that means a few more dolphins dying then so be it

*I did say generally,which means I don't mean all right wingers
Greta on 09:50 - Apr 30 with 526 viewsDorsetIan

Greta on 08:45 - Apr 30 by huelinsaint

Well if you're a polluting multi national corporation or an a company like Exxon,you are going to be against climate change activism because it will affect your bottom line.Right wingers are generally more selfish and greedier* than people not of the right,their raison d'etre is to protect what they have and if that means a few more dolphins dying then so be it

*I did say generally,which means I don't mean all right wingers

The economics certainly explains why so many powerful interests deny climate change.

But why are all the idiot Trump supporters and the like so quick to believe. I can see that 'take back control' and 'make America great again' messages are going to appeal to some but what interest do those people have in thinking that all scientists are lying to them?

Greta on 10:42 - Apr 30 with 511 viewsthis_charming_man

Greta on 09:50 - Apr 30 by DorsetIan

The economics certainly explains why so many powerful interests deny climate change.

But why are all the idiot Trump supporters and the like so quick to believe. I can see that 'take back control' and 'make America great again' messages are going to appeal to some but what interest do those people have in thinking that all scientists are lying to them?

So now you're saying you trust the view of scientists but earlier you say the scientists who advise our government on Corona have got it wrong.

Greta on 10:51 - Apr 30 with 493 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

It's not the scientists that are lying, it's the scientists findings that have been spun to mean something different to what they originally stated.

Take the 97% 'consensus' for starters, the original report on this consensus was Cook et al in 2013 which using the abstracts found that 2/3 of the papers studied made no comment at all on global warming. The other third had 97% of the scientists stating that humans were 'contributing' to global warming.

Friedman in 2014 spun Cook's paper to say that 97% of all scientists said that humans were the 'primary' cause of global warming. This dishonest paper has been used by the most powerful people to drive the climate change emergency, and taxes and travel restrictions will be coming soon. The 12,000 scientists whose papers were used to propagate this agenda certainly didn't agree on their findings, proving as always that there is no consensus in science.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Greta on 11:03 - Apr 30 with 485 viewsDorsetIan

Greta on 10:42 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

So now you're saying you trust the view of scientists but earlier you say the scientists who advise our government on Corona have got it wrong.

What a stupid stupid comment.

That pretty much sums you up pal.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 11:03]

Greta on 11:49 - Apr 30 with 468 viewshuelinsaint

They're cap doffers, they think Trump is this wonderful businessman so the're en thrall to him,a bit like people in Britain who haven't got a pot to p**s in tug their forelocks towards the Conservative party, in their minds,they think they're on the winning side voting for these extremely wealthy people
Greta on 12:31 - Apr 30 with 456 viewsSadoldgit

The global temperature has changed naturally over the years. It has been clearly demonstrated that human activity has speeded up the current level of global warming. The lack of human activity due to the worldwide lockdown is having a beneficial effect on the environment. We cannot pretend that we do not have an effect on global temperatures.
Greta on 12:46 - Apr 30 with 449 viewsthis_charming_man

Greta on 11:03 - Apr 30 by DorsetIan

What a stupid stupid comment.

That pretty much sums you up pal.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 11:03]

How? Do you think the government have just made up the response to CV-19 or have they listened to scientists? You know, like the one who is regularly on the daily briefings. If you dont trust the scientific advise then how can you trust it when it's a subject you agree with?

Greta on 13:12 - Apr 30 with 427 views1885_SFC

Greta on 12:31 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

The global temperature has changed naturally over the years. It has been clearly demonstrated that human activity has speeded up the current level of global warming. The lack of human activity due to the worldwide lockdown is having a beneficial effect on the environment. We cannot pretend that we do not have an effect on global temperatures.

My insurance company has, just this morning, refunded me £50 because I am hardly using my car.

I feel like the Greta of the forum and I've done my bit

Old School is Cool

Greta on 16:49 - May 4 with 360 viewsBison

She's back with her new catchphrase

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024