Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs 09:12 - May 12 with 2298 viewsthissceptredsaint

Key workers who have magically become 'low skilled' again all of a sudden.

Wuhan has started getting covid cases again

How long will it be before our second wave?

Should people wait until MPs feel it's safe enough to return to work before sending their children into dangerous environments like the government wants?
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 13:01 - May 12 with 475 viewsOccasional_Showers

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 12:55 - May 12 by Bison

The corona virus SARS outbreak occurred 14 years ago , there is still no vaccine for it so there is no guarantee one will be found for COVID19.

Have they developed an AID’s vaccine? I genuinely don’t know, but that started 40 years ago and it still kills en masse in Africa.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 13:02]

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 13:04 - May 12 with 480 viewskentsouthampton

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 12:55 - May 12 by Bison

The corona virus SARS outbreak occurred 14 years ago , there is still no vaccine for it so there is no guarantee one will be found for COVID19.

'The corona virus SARS outbreak occurred 14 years ago'

Eradicated because it was relatively easy to contain, therefore no money in it, is the simple truth.
This virus transmits really easily and anyone coming up with a vaccine is onto a winner.
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 13:05 - May 12 with 477 viewsSadoldgit

50,000 more deaths recorded than expected from March to May. Grim.
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 13:06 - May 12 with 476 viewskentsouthampton

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 13:01 - May 12 by Occasional_Showers

Have they developed an AID’s vaccine? I genuinely don’t know, but that started 40 years ago and it still kills en masse in Africa.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 13:02]

They've developed effective cures which again makes a vaccine non cost effective.
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 13:07 - May 12 with 465 viewsOccasional_Showers

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 13:06 - May 12 by kentsouthampton

They've developed effective cures which again makes a vaccine non cost effective.

AIDS has been a high profile disease for years but still no vaccine. Why is that?

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 13:15 - May 12 with 464 viewsBison

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 13:04 - May 12 by kentsouthampton

Eradicated because it was relatively easy to contain, therefore no money in it, is the simple truth.
This virus transmits really easily and anyone coming up with a vaccine is onto a winner.

You are probably right but this is not going away soon and the government have already borrowed £300 billion , twice the annual budget of the NHS. If no vaccine is found within a year what would you suggest should happen ? Some suggest schools should still be shut and the workplace shutdown I just don't think that's viable.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 14:07 - May 12 with 437 viewsWaylander

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 13:07 - May 12 by Occasional_Showers

AIDS has been a high profile disease for years but still no vaccine. Why is that?

A different virus that works in a different way, not comparable to the current problem.
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 14:16 - May 12 with 432 viewsSteveMoron

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 12:47 - May 12 by Sadoldgit

I expect there were people saying the same about the bubonic plague. That really doesn’t help the thousands upon thousands of people who have died because they had the virus does it?

I never said it helps but let's get the stats right. The media seemed desperate to get us top of the league in covid-19 victims.
Login to get fewer ads

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 14:18 - May 12 with 426 viewsOccasional_Showers

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 14:07 - May 12 by Waylander

A different virus that works in a different way, not comparable to the current problem.

I didn’t say it was similar. I’m making the point that scientists have been researching it and looking for a vaccine for 40 years but haven’t found one.

So we can’t live as hermits while the economy collapses waiting for a vaccine for this virus.

We must mitigate the risks, learn how to suppress the mortality rate, and live with Covid-19. I would put money on us achieving herd immunity and it dying out, and no vaccine ever being developed.

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 14:20 - May 12 with 423 viewsOccasional_Showers

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 14:16 - May 12 by SteveMoron

I never said it helps but let's get the stats right. The media seemed desperate to get us top of the league in covid-19 victims.

If we are top of the league that’s good as it puts us closest to becoming an immune master race.

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 14:37 - May 12 with 418 viewskentsouthampton

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 14:20 - May 12 by Occasional_Showers

If we are top of the league that’s good as it puts us closest to becoming an immune master race.

WHO experts say herd immunity through infection is a non starter, quite rightly they point out that this has always been done by vaccine.
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 14:47 - May 12 with 408 viewsSadoldgit

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 14:16 - May 12 by SteveMoron

I don’t know about “desperate” but the fact that they had a heads up and still have a very high mortality rate it a big story in itself, is it not? This is a very nasty disease and it is a killer. It would be totally irresponsible to play it down.
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 15:13 - May 12 with 389 viewsOccasional_Showers

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 14:37 - May 12 by kentsouthampton

WHO experts say herd immunity through infection is a non starter, quite rightly they point out that this has always been done by vaccine.

Primates have been around for 100 million years, humans for 15 million years, Homo Sapiens for 0.8 million years.

Did they develop vaccines?

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 15:44 - May 12 with 383 viewsBoris_

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 12:47 - May 12 by Sadoldgit

I expect there were people saying the same about the bubonic plague. That really doesn’t help the thousands upon thousands of people who have died because they had the virus does it?

The amount of children under the age of 10 who have died around the world is <100, the amount of children under the age of 10 who have died without any underlying health conditions is in single figures globally.

Flu and Pneumonia are currently far more dangerous for kids to catch in schools than Coronavirus.

There is still NO evidence that suggests kids can transmit the disease between each other and not a single confirmed case of a child or adult catching Covid-19 from another child under the age of 10, even in nations using track and trace.

Poll: Claude Puel

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 16:19 - May 12 with 369 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 15:44 - May 12 by Boris_

The amount of children under the age of 10 who have died around the world is <100, the amount of children under the age of 10 who have died without any underlying health conditions is in single figures globally.

Flu and Pneumonia are currently far more dangerous for kids to catch in schools than Coronavirus.

There is still NO evidence that suggests kids can transmit the disease between each other and not a single confirmed case of a child or adult catching Covid-19 from another child under the age of 10, even in nations using track and trace.

Children are vaccinated against Flu whilst at primary school, every year, as am I via my Doctor.

I can't get a vaccine for Covid-19 and nor can children, so they can carry this around and infect everyone else. It's not rocket science.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 16:22 - May 12 with 364 viewsBoris_

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 16:19 - May 12 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Children are vaccinated against Flu whilst at primary school, every year, as am I via my Doctor.

I can't get a vaccine for Covid-19 and nor can children, so they can carry this around and infect everyone else. It's not rocket science.

Why did 70 children die of flu in 12 months then?

Also, why ignore my point that there's not been a single recorded and confirmed case of a child infecting another child? So why are you suggesting the opposite to what the science is suggesting?

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 16:26 - May 12 with 362 viewsBuggalugs

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 10:15 - May 12 by Bison

As I said I looked at the evidence and the risk is extremely small in my opinion , life is a game of choices , who knows the mental effects may turn him into a Smack head by the time he's 16. Be interesting to here the opinions of other parents and those who work with kids. My wife is as we speak at work in a school and she is of the same opinion.

I'm with you on this and am happy to have my nipper back at school. Like you say, the mental affect on kids is already pretty damaging, not to mention the battering their education is taking with parents expected to home-school about subjects they know fook all about.

My missus works in a pre-school too, so with kids from the ages of 2 and a half to 4 and a half. She's just been told they'll be expected to go back on June 1st and there's of course zero chance of being able to social distance and control best hygiene practices with that age group. Are either of us worried?...…not overly I suppose as we're both of the mindset the overall risks are pretty small.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 16:30 - May 12 with 358 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 16:22 - May 12 by Boris_

Why did 70 children die of flu in 12 months then?

Also, why ignore my point that there's not been a single recorded and confirmed case of a child infecting another child? So why are you suggesting the opposite to what the science is suggesting?

Children whose parents refused the vaccine? There are many of those cretins around, also, the annual flu vaccine accounts for the "top 3 influenzas" that'll circulate in this country that winter. So it's still feasible to pick up another strain from abroad via relative or winter trip.

I can't answer the second point, this is new and an unknown, but I suspect that many children have been passing it around. It's impossible to trace EVERYONE. You're just being silly.

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 16:36 - May 12 with 354 viewsBoris_

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 16:30 - May 12 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Children whose parents refused the vaccine? There are many of those cretins around, also, the annual flu vaccine accounts for the "top 3 influenzas" that'll circulate in this country that winter. So it's still feasible to pick up another strain from abroad via relative or winter trip.

I can't answer the second point, this is new and an unknown, but I suspect that many children have been passing it around. It's impossible to trace EVERYONE. You're just being silly.

I am not being silly. 70 children under the age of 10 died from Flu in 12 months in the UK.

Pneumonia kills even more children each year.

My point is, there hasn't been a single proven case of a child infecting another child or adult in any country around the world. In some countries, like Switzerland they have stopped the requirement for social distancing for kids under 10 who can now cuddle grandparents etc not in their household.

All of the evidence around the world points to that young children can carry the virus but not transmit it ( eg: they catch it from an adult but can't pass it on )

I'm not trying to be a d1ck, I just don't understand why parents and teachers are ignoring the evidence that the risk to their child being in school is minuscule as shown by facts from around the world.

If I had Primary aged children then I'd 100% want them back in school as I think their education and mental/social health outweighs the miniscule chance of then being seriously ill with Covid.

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 16:39 - May 12 with 349 viewsSteveMoron

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 14:20 - May 12 by Occasional_Showers

😂😂👍
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 16:46 - May 12 with 337 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 16:36 - May 12 by Boris_

I am not being silly. 70 children under the age of 10 died from Flu in 12 months in the UK.

Pneumonia kills even more children each year.

My point is, there hasn't been a single proven case of a child infecting another child or adult in any country around the world. In some countries, like Switzerland they have stopped the requirement for social distancing for kids under 10 who can now cuddle grandparents etc not in their household.

All of the evidence around the world points to that young children can carry the virus but not transmit it ( eg: they catch it from an adult but can't pass it on )

I'm not trying to be a d1ck, I just don't understand why parents and teachers are ignoring the evidence that the risk to their child being in school is minuscule as shown by facts from around the world.

If I had Primary aged children then I'd 100% want them back in school as I think their education and mental/social health outweighs the miniscule chance of then being seriously ill with Covid.

But the point is, you can have a vaccine as a child against the main flu strains, every year, for free - the reasons some children are still dying will be due to declined vaccines and foreign travel picking up different strains.

There is no vaccine to choose from for Covid-19.

And I won't be sending my 5 year old back to school for a while yet. My wife has been working hard completing remote learning for her primary kids, home-schooling our own son and marking online as well as planning and creating resources, the work hasn't stopped. But people are scared, it's not for you to dictate who can and can't be scared.

The government f**ked up by trying to announce this crap on Sunday, it should just be locked down for the foreseeable.

As a side note, loads of my son's school was ill mid-Feb and we have a lot of parents who do the skiiing thing and travel around the world (China) for work at his school. We were all really ill for over a week in Feb, so I wonder if many of us have already had it without knowing - I'll have got away lightly if so.

We need to test properly for those that have had it and those that might have it, that will make a huge difference.

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 16:47 - May 12 with 335 viewssaint22

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 13:15 - May 12 by Bison

You are probably right but this is not going away soon and the government have already borrowed £300 billion , twice the annual budget of the NHS. If no vaccine is found within a year what would you suggest should happen ? Some suggest schools should still be shut and the workplace shutdown I just don't think that's viable.

They should cancel HS2 theres £100bn for them plus no one will be using transport half as much as before and most office work/meetings will occur remotely even less people jumping a train to Brum
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 16:48 - May 12 with 330 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 16:47 - May 12 by saint22

They should cancel HS2 theres £100bn for them plus no one will be using transport half as much as before and most office work/meetings will occur remotely even less people jumping a train to Brum

This!

HS2 was always bollocks anyway, now even more so.

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 16:50 - May 12 with 322 viewsPatfromPoole

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 16:47 - May 12 by saint22

I agree.

Though it may be a mortal blow to the construction industry to cancel it.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 16:50 - May 12 with 321 viewsSteveMoron

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 13:04 - May 12 by kentsouthampton

Apparently there are 20 or so possible vaccines being tested and some being mass produced in case they work. Just a matter of time....I hope.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024