Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adverts 11:25 - May 24 with 1724 viewscocklebreath

Remember when they used to be funny and not sanctimonious, twee bollox? Banks telling us how much they care. The Nationwide adverts make me want to throw a brick at the telly

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Adverts on 11:28 - May 24 with 1719 viewsJaySaint

I agree. The Co-op one is another. Making out they are 'there for us'

I get routine emails from the bookies I use, telling me how responsible they are being etc

all very transparent

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Adverts on 11:34 - May 24 with 1705 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Yes - I can't stand them. Sanctimonious is exactly how I describe them, with the Nationwide adverts DEFINITELY being the worst!

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Adverts on 11:49 - May 24 with 1687 viewsWints76

Adverts on 11:34 - May 24 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Yes - I can't stand them. Sanctimonious is exactly how I describe them, with the Nationwide adverts DEFINITELY being the worst!

I tend to fast forward or switch over when adverts are on as I get the rage with most of them, but if ANY good comes out of these awful times, then the couple on the Nationwide advert who do the poem about their wedding will have a huge argument and split up.
Adverts on 12:02 - May 24 with 1673 viewsBilly_Kimber

The EE one where Kevin Bacon Says they’re giving free data to nhs workers was a master piece in look how much we careism.
Adverts on 13:27 - May 24 with 1636 viewskingslandstand1

Adverts on 11:49 - May 24 by Wints76

I tend to fast forward or switch over when adverts are on as I get the rage with most of them, but if ANY good comes out of these awful times, then the couple on the Nationwide advert who do the poem about their wedding will have a huge argument and split up.

No doubt the fee they got will cover the divorce lawyers costs though?
Couldn't agree more re the ads though, Halifax is znother that I always swear at with the scripted ih can you wave at me please or whatever the fuk it is
They are all such patronising shite thinking they will do what they can for us, but tell small businesses that!
Adverts on 17:39 - May 24 with 1586 viewsthissceptredsaint

I found the Nationwide one a tad sinister. It was all about pressure on the public and govt to ease the lock down asap.
Adverts on 18:29 - May 24 with 1554 viewsSadoldgit

Adverts on 11:49 - May 24 by Wints76

Fortunately I either watch BBC or something recorded so I can skip the ads. If not it is a perfect time to have a toilet break or make a cup of tea.
Adverts on 19:33 - May 24 with 1537 viewsHappy_Jack

I wonder how the dashing man in the Milk Tray ads of the 70's would've handled the current crisis. The aliens in the Smash adverts would have an answer I'm sure.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Login to get fewer ads

Adverts on 07:59 - May 25 with 1469 viewsNumber_58

Adverts on 19:33 - May 24 by Happy_Jack

I wonder how the dashing man in the Milk Tray ads of the 70's would've handled the current crisis. The aliens in the Smash adverts would have an answer I'm sure.

My dear old Grandad used to p*ss himself laughing every time the Cadbury's Smash advert came on. Literally.
Adverts on 14:54 - May 25 with 1428 viewsdarthvader

Adverts on 19:33 - May 24 by Happy_Jack

There you go .. I love it ! Bring it back i say
[Post edited 25 May 2020 14:55]

keep the faith coyr

Adverts on 18:29 - May 27 with 1336 viewsfranniesTache

Those of you complaining are totally right that the trend is towards these adverts, they're called "purpose advertising" in the game and actually score really highly with most people, especially younger generations and those with high disposable income.

The main reason why so many adverts look the same, and so many follow this route, is because that's what the data tells them to do. It's less and less common now that a CMO or ad agency will take a risk with an advert that's story telling - Nescafe gold blend is a brilliant example of that - or just funny - see the old Tango ads - because they're unlikely to have the reach or sticking power.

These new ones are designed to either play well to younger people, or be shared by people that hate them, and as much as you don't like it the truth is they work.

Personally i can't stand them, they're the least creative things around and make for boring briefs, but they're not going away for a few years yet, in the same way we've only just got rid of the twee ukulele music and muted colours that was the trend about five years back.

Plus they win awards, lots of them, and my industry is obsessed with awards.
Adverts on 22:13 - May 27 with 1304 viewsDorsetIan

Adverts on 18:29 - May 27 by franniesTache

Those of you complaining are totally right that the trend is towards these adverts, they're called "purpose advertising" in the game and actually score really highly with most people, especially younger generations and those with high disposable income.

The main reason why so many adverts look the same, and so many follow this route, is because that's what the data tells them to do. It's less and less common now that a CMO or ad agency will take a risk with an advert that's story telling - Nescafe gold blend is a brilliant example of that - or just funny - see the old Tango ads - because they're unlikely to have the reach or sticking power.

These new ones are designed to either play well to younger people, or be shared by people that hate them, and as much as you don't like it the truth is they work.

Personally i can't stand them, they're the least creative things around and make for boring briefs, but they're not going away for a few years yet, in the same way we've only just got rid of the twee ukulele music and muted colours that was the trend about five years back.

Plus they win awards, lots of them, and my industry is obsessed with awards.

Out of interest, which ones have won awards?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Adverts on 23:43 - May 27 with 1285 viewsfranniesTache

Adverts on 22:13 - May 27 by DorsetIan

Out of interest, which ones have won awards?

The nike kaepernick ad (known as dream crazy) won massively at the indusrry awards like Cannes which is probably the most famous, Black & Abroad, “Go Back to Africa” a Canadian one won loads as a public service one, GSK, “Breath of Life” one a lot for raising issues on COPD and the Iceland advert that used the greenpeace palm oil animation (with the monkey) picked up a lot in the UK.
Adverts on 00:49 - May 28 with 1269 viewsDorsetIan

Adverts on 23:43 - May 27 by franniesTache

The nike kaepernick ad (known as dream crazy) won massively at the indusrry awards like Cannes which is probably the most famous, Black & Abroad, “Go Back to Africa” a Canadian one won loads as a public service one, GSK, “Breath of Life” one a lot for raising issues on COPD and the Iceland advert that used the greenpeace palm oil animation (with the monkey) picked up a lot in the UK.

Thanks. I’ll check them out.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Adverts on 10:27 - May 28 with 1218 viewsdarthvader

Adverts on 23:43 - May 27 by franniesTache

Did the smash ad get any back in the day ? It shouldve done .

keep the faith coyr

Adverts on 15:38 - May 28 with 1191 viewsTimSaint

Carling Black Label - with the British dam buster bombers in the plane and the German guard standing on the dam, acting as the goalkeeper, catching the bouncing bombs and tipping another over the top.

TimSaint

Adverts on 15:42 - May 28 with 1190 viewssolent_toffee

I have a dog, a little Westie. The adverts bring out the worst in him as they all seem to have animals in them and he goes nuts, therefore I’ve barely seen one in years.
Adverts on 18:20 - May 28 with 1169 viewsfranniesTache

Adverts on 10:27 - May 28 by darthvader

Did the smash ad get any back in the day ? It shouldve done .

It’s used as an example of good advertising when you are taught it so I’d say it more than likely did, but it’s before my time.

Also for those of you wondering why there’s more representation. It’s because it’s proven to work on removing people’s prejudices

https://www.thedrum.com/news/2020/05/28/media-representation-driving-lgbt-accept
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024