Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dom Cummings - the great man speaks 16:07 - May 25 with 11335 viewsOccasional_Showers

This is going to be good. He’s a true legend IMO.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:26 - May 25 with 730 viewskentsouthampton

He broke the law by driving with an eyesight problem, it's illegal to do that.
Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:28 - May 25 with 720 viewsdirk_doone

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:26 - May 25 by kentsouthampton

He broke the law by driving with an eyesight problem, it's illegal to do that.

Yes, but he had his four-year-old child in the car for a test drive to let him know if he was about to hit anything.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:30 - May 25 with 712 viewsHeisenberg

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:19 - May 25 by JaySaint

>Media were wrong about 2nd trip to Durham on April 19th
>Media were wrong about Cummings getting a police warning
>Media were wrong about family outing with mother
>Media were wrong about Cummings breaking rules
>Media were wrong about illegal behaviour

I'm talking about PR. I have worked in PR and knew from the start it would be a disaster. If a Saints player was involved in a scandal the last thing the club would do would put him up under press scrutiny. You control the story and never feed it. In this case all he had to do was issue an apology but that the decisions were made in good faith but acknowledges with hindsight he perhaps could have managed it differently. Job done it would have blown over in a couple of days. It's up their with Prince Andrew. Never give an interview to the press.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:37 - May 25 with 691 viewsdirk_doone

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:30 - May 25 by Heisenberg

I'm talking about PR. I have worked in PR and knew from the start it would be a disaster. If a Saints player was involved in a scandal the last thing the club would do would put him up under press scrutiny. You control the story and never feed it. In this case all he had to do was issue an apology but that the decisions were made in good faith but acknowledges with hindsight he perhaps could have managed it differently. Job done it would have blown over in a couple of days. It's up their with Prince Andrew. Never give an interview to the press.

Although his story was full of holes that our dopey journalists never spotted, Cummings came out of that quite well. Those who supported him before will all be supporting him even more now and a few of those who were against him will have been swayed slightly in his favour.

He may just have done enough to keep his job.

Tonight his enemies, including the 20+ Tory MPs who have called on him to resign, will be doing their level best to force him out. If he survives that, he'll stay in control.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 18:40]

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:45 - May 25 with 666 viewsBoris_

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:10 - May 25 by Heisenberg

From a PR point of view that was an total disaster. He should never have put himself up knowing that the press would have a field day. All he had to do was issue a statement saying he had pressing family issues at the time that clouded his judgment and with hindsight perhaps he shouldn't have made the journey but he made it for what he saw were the right reasons and for that he apologises and appreciated the hardships people were going through during a difficult time. That's how PR works, you control the story and try and put a line under it. Now there are more questions. Terrible PR management.

On the contrary, I'd completely disagree. He said what he did, gave the reasons, then followed almost an hour of press and media asking different versions of the same question, which just made them look like they have an agenda.

They had no choice but to roll him out in front of the cameras and can now address any future questions about it with a 'you had your chance to ask your questions, no further comment'

Very well played by Boris.

Poll: Claude Puel

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:45 - May 25 with 666 viewsgrumpy

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:37 - May 25 by dirk_doone

Although his story was full of holes that our dopey journalists never spotted, Cummings came out of that quite well. Those who supported him before will all be supporting him even more now and a few of those who were against him will have been swayed slightly in his favour.

He may just have done enough to keep his job.

Tonight his enemies, including the 20+ Tory MPs who have called on him to resign, will be doing their level best to force him out. If he survives that, he'll stay in control.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 18:40]

Of course he will keep his job,what would Boris do without him?

'Cummings came out of that quite wel'

Are you serious,Dirk?
He said he drove 30 miles to check out his eyesight,isn't that against the law?
Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:48 - May 25 with 658 viewsdirk_doone

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:45 - May 25 by grumpy

Are you serious,Dirk?

Well, if incisive questions about things like that had been asked during the press conference, he probably would have had to resign but they weren't so he doesn't.

I'm pretty sure that everyone who supported him before still supports him now and probably, even more so after that press conference.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 18:51]

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:50 - May 25 with 648 viewsOccasional_Showers

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:45 - May 25 by Boris_

On the contrary, I'd completely disagree. He said what he did, gave the reasons, then followed almost an hour of press and media asking different versions of the same question, which just made them look like they have an agenda.

They had no choice but to roll him out in front of the cameras and can now address any future questions about it with a 'you had your chance to ask your questions, no further comment'

Very well played by Boris.

I think he should be rolled out more often. He comes across really well. I’m fully expecting the Tories to get back to their normal 25% lead in the polls again soon. That was one of the best media displays you will ever see.

Login to get fewer ads

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:53 - May 25 with 633 viewsOccasional_Showers

Are you serious,Dirk?

It doesn’t matter what you think. It’s what the centre ground think and from a centre ground perspective he nailed it.

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:55 - May 25 with 626 viewsBoris_

Are you serious,Dirk?

See the thing is, you soppy old tart, you were sat there in front of the TV, sweating with rage as Cummings gave his reasons. He was never going to please you, even if he had come out with proof that it was all a lie.

For the more rational ones ( right wing and centre ground ), we can see the totally irrational 'rage' from the lunatic left which has done nothing but help Boris' cause.

Ali and Kinnock are elected Members of Parliament who flouted the rules in a far more blatant way. Would you like to discuss what happens with them?
[Post edited 25 May 2020 18:55]

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:55 - May 25 with 625 viewsHeisenberg

Yep. Just checked on the DVLA website. It does say if you are about to drive and are worried about your eyesight then it is acceptable to strap a toddler in the back and drive around 30 or so miles on a country road.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:58 - May 25 with 613 viewsSadoldgit

What a bunch of hypocrites you Tory Boys are. If Diane Abbott has done this you would all be falling over selves to call for her resignation.
Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:59 - May 25 with 614 viewsBoris_

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:58 - May 25 by Sadoldgit

What a bunch of hypocrites you Tory Boys are. If Diane Abbott has done this you would all be falling over selves to call for her resignation.

Answer the question. Should Kinnock and Ali be removed from government for breaking guidelines?

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:59 - May 25 with 613 viewsOccasional_Showers

So to summarise two days of faux fury followed by Cummings completely destroying the case for the prosecution. No talk about PPE, no talk about care homes, no talk about testing.

I’d call that a result.

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 19:00 - May 25 with 610 viewsgrumpy

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:48 - May 25 by dirk_doone

Well, if incisive questions about things like that had been asked during the press conference, he probably would have had to resign but they weren't so he doesn't.

I'm pretty sure that everyone who supported him before still supports him now and probably, even more so after that press conference.

20 Tory MPs dont think so.
I'm sure there are plenty of others,particularly up North.
Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 19:04 - May 25 with 603 viewsOccasional_Showers

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:58 - May 25 by Sadoldgit

That’s not right at all, we would have taken the piss and further destroyed her credibility but no way would we be calling for her resignation. When you get gifts like Corbyn and Abbott the last thing you want is them gone.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 19:04]

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 19:21 - May 25 with 577 viewsSaintsforeverj

Come on guys, get to the point and stop playing stupid.

"My vision was a bit weird and I had been very ill."

So I decided to drive to a castle for 30 minutes and risk crashing the car, just to see if my vision was ok and do a "test drive". I didn't think about taking the train or even getting a taxi. I thought I would test my vision and see if we crashed or not!

"I had symptoms of coronavirus but didn't get tested"
Even though I am a very senior member of the government, I didn't think or any members of the government to get tested for the virus, before going back to work.

This is all absolute b@llacks!
[Post edited 25 May 2020 19:23]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 19:23 - May 25 with 572 viewsBoris_

Nobody who is 'outraged' regarding Cummings travelling to Durham seems to want to get involved in a debate about Kinnock travelling the same distance to have a cup of tea with his elderly parents, or Ali attending several funerals that went against lockdown.

Why don't we want to discuss this and appropriate punishments as well chaps?

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 19:29 - May 25 with 562 viewsNumber_58

Hilarious that Cummings thinks we would believe most of that stuff. Reminded me of Little Britain's Sir Norman Fry "I tripped over and he accidentally entered me" sketches. The fact that that bigotted idiot Dune keeps bigging up Cummings like he's some sort of hero just makes it funnier.
Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 19:29 - May 25 with 563 viewsHeisenberg

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 19:23 - May 25 by Boris_

Nobody who is 'outraged' regarding Cummings travelling to Durham seems to want to get involved in a debate about Kinnock travelling the same distance to have a cup of tea with his elderly parents, or Ali attending several funerals that went against lockdown.

If they broke the rules and ignored the Governments advice then they should be subjected to the appropriate disciplary procedures. All of them irrespective of party.

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 19:39 - May 25 with 545 viewsOccasional_Showers

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 19:29 - May 25 by Number_58

Hilarious that Cummings thinks we would believe most of that stuff. Reminded me of Little Britain's Sir Norman Fry "I tripped over and he accidentally entered me" sketches. The fact that that bigotted idiot Dune keeps bigging up Cummings like he's some sort of hero just makes it funnier.

Hopefully your lot keep on about it. The public will turn on you now if you do. The left are stupid so it’s likely you’ll carry on telling each other how outraged you are.

At the PM’s briefing I wanted to know about the easing of lockdown, when you could meet friends and relatives etc. And they repeated the same already answered questions. There would have be a lot of groans in a lot of households... The best thing that can happen is for puppets like Starmer to call for an enquiry. I don’t think he will anymore unfortunately as he’s not as thick as the average lefty, but you never know. Fingers crossed he does as it’ll backfire on him.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 19:49]

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 19:46 - May 25 with 530 viewsSaintsforeverj

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 19:29 - May 25 by Number_58

His speech definitely reminded me of Little Britain.

"Unfortunately, as I was testing my bad eye sight in the car on a test drive with my kids in the car, I got dizzy. Due to my terrible dizziness, I forgot to realise that we were driving for about 30 minutes. We hadn't crashed yet. We then arrived at a beautiful castle.

We were all bursting for the toilet and simply had to stop in the woods to go. After going to the toilet, a large bee flew by so we had to walk down the path. I needed to drive 30 minutes to make absolutely sure that my eyesight was ok. I decided to sit by the river that was nearby as I suddenly felt dizzy and needed to sit by the river for a period of time. As I felt better, I drove back to the house and then decided my eyesight took a turn for the worse and therefore couldn't drive back to London. I didn't want to get a train or a taxi. Apart from that, it was all a huge misunderstanding"
[Post edited 25 May 2020 20:08]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 19:53 - May 25 with 517 viewsSadoldgit

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 19:23 - May 25 by Boris_

Maybe because they are not the senior Government adviser responsible for the rules that he broke himself?
Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 19:55 - May 25 with 518 viewsgrumpy

Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 18:55 - May 25 by Boris_

See the thing is, you soppy old tart, you were sat there in front of the TV, sweating with rage as Cummings gave his reasons. He was never going to please you, even if he had come out with proof that it was all a lie.

For the more rational ones ( right wing and centre ground ), we can see the totally irrational 'rage' from the lunatic left which has done nothing but help Boris' cause.

Ali and Kinnock are elected Members of Parliament who flouted the rules in a far more blatant way. Would you like to discuss what happens with them?
[Post edited 25 May 2020 18:55]

I will treat that remark with the contempt it deserves,name calling on a message board is for keyboard warriors and is just plain childish.
Dom Cummings - the great man speaks on 20:05 - May 25 with 497 viewsSadoldgit

Apparently Prince Andrew phoned up Dominic Cummings and congratulated him for his press conference going as well as his own.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024