Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints To Lauch New Ticketing Website 17:38 - May 26 with 726 viewsTimSaint

Got an email from Saints asking if my details were correct, in preparation of them launching a new ticket website.

Not sure how this will affect us all exactly, as the current site is not too bad when picking / purchasing seats for away games - I have a ST, so don't need to select seats for League games at St Marys.

Hopefully the new site will be able to monitor purchase patterns etc and assist the club with the allocations it takes for certain away games - which has so far let the fans down with the only option considered for many games, being the smallest one.

What I don't want is for the club to use this as an excuse to raise the admin fees. They are already too high and it somewhat takes the piss to charge fees on a per ticket basis, when it should really be per transaction - and only then if the tickets are being posted out. Simply loading a purchase onto a ST or Membership card should definitely be for free).

I know other clubs charge sometimes twice as much as us, but it is ridiculous and I know it gripes with others on here. The way we are going, it will soon be like buying a plane ticket or ticketmaster type of ticket, where so many extra charges can potentially be added on. (different levels of postage, security, insurance etc etc).

TimSaint

Saints To Lauch New Ticketing Website on 20:05 - May 26 with 653 viewsSoton

The thing that gets me about admin charges is that they seem wrong, you should be able to buy a ticket for face value, after all that’s what they are in business for, if I went to a shop and bought something and they put a admin charge on the item I would tell them to f off, it’s almost like SFC abuse the special bond that comes with your merchandise being a football club
Saints To Lauch New Ticketing Website on 20:34 - May 26 with 636 viewsBoris_

I wonder as a result of this 'new ticketing system' if it will mean they won't have the ability to make online refunds so will only be able to process refunds in person at the Box Office between a certain time of the day that most of us won't be able to make?

That would be convenient, wouldn't it?

Poll: Claude Puel

Saints To Lauch New Ticketing Website on 20:42 - May 26 with 624 viewskingslandstand1

Saints To Lauch New Ticketing Website on 20:34 - May 26 by Boris_

I wonder as a result of this 'new ticketing system' if it will mean they won't have the ability to make online refunds so will only be able to process refunds in person at the Box Office between a certain time of the day that most of us won't be able to make?

Oh you cynic Boris , surely not??
Saints To Lauch New Ticketing Website on 20:58 - May 26 with 605 viewsRednWight

Saints To Lauch New Ticketing Website on 20:34 - May 26 by Boris_

For fek sake. Don’t give them ideas

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Saints To Lauch New Ticketing Website on 00:09 - May 27 with 539 viewsPatfromPoole

What was wrong with the existing ticketing website???

Seemed to work fine to me.

Club can’t be that hard up for cash....

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Saints To Lauch New Ticketing Website on 08:29 - May 27 with 472 viewsTripleNiemi

Regarding admin fees i am waiting with great interest to see what Ticketmaster refund me with regards to the cancelled Kings of Leon gig this summer.

A few weeks back i received my refund for one of the (cancelled) gig nights at the Albert Hall for the Teenage Cancer Trust. When my refund arrived it was for the ticket(s) value less admin and postage charges; fine since it was not their fault and the tickets had been posted so i accept that.

If however for the KoL concert i receive the same monies back i will be writing to them to demand a full refund. The tickets were going to be electronic and therefore they had to do fcuk all except sell via their website with minimal persons involved. The fees charged nowadays is beyond a joke.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Saints To Lauch New Ticketing Website on 08:41 - May 27 with 463 viewsBoris_

Saints To Lauch New Ticketing Website on 00:09 - May 27 by PatfromPoole

Actually, that might be which is why they switched providers.

Ticketing platforms rarely cost anything to use and in a lot of cases, you can negotiate yourself a rebate from the admin fee's and share them with Eventim / Ticketmaster etc so it might be that they are being paid more to switch platforms.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 8:45]

Poll: Claude Puel

Saints To Lauch New Ticketing Website on 09:03 - May 27 with 443 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints To Lauch New Ticketing Website on 08:29 - May 27 by TripleNiemi

Regarding admin fees i am waiting with great interest to see what Ticketmaster refund me with regards to the cancelled Kings of Leon gig this summer.

A few weeks back i received my refund for one of the (cancelled) gig nights at the Albert Hall for the Teenage Cancer Trust. When my refund arrived it was for the ticket(s) value less admin and postage charges; fine since it was not their fault and the tickets had been posted so i accept that.

If however for the KoL concert i receive the same monies back i will be writing to them to demand a full refund. The tickets were going to be electronic and therefore they had to do fcuk all except sell via their website with minimal persons involved. The fees charged nowadays is beyond a joke.

You will be lucky to get the booking fee back, I fear.

Suspect they will argue there was an administrative cost associated with taking the original bookings.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Login to get fewer ads

Saints To Lauch New Ticketing Website on 18:22 - May 27 with 392 viewsfranniesTache

Saints To Lauch New Ticketing Website on 00:09 - May 27 by PatfromPoole

I have some genuine inside info on this as i interviewed at the agency that does it any know someone working there (i turned them down as they were too small an agency for me and the only draw was the Saints account).

The website has always been a "three staged delivery", first part was the main site, news info, tv and video etc.

Second phase which has been in the plan for about three years now is the tickets site, which needs re-doing as it's on a different platform and is out of date (and expensive to run) and the last part is the shop.

The agreements have been in place for ages so it's more a case of they're getting round to it now than it being "new news".

One thing i'll predict though from working on projects like this in the past is that it's probably going to have a load of issues to begin with and some people are going to have problems, especially when they transfer "points" over for away games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024