Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Idiots breaking lockdown 18:30 - Jun 3 with 8145 viewsBazza

On beaches in recent weeks, today’s solidarity marches, picnics on Clapham Common, parties on Hawley Lake and so on. Recent death rates increasing even before these impacts are known. Don’t even think about blaming the politicians this Is individual crass stupidity at best. Why are people so dumb?
Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:43 - Jun 4 with 1086 viewssaint22

Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:34 - Jun 4 by Boris_

What about the FOUR MP's that even more blatantly flouted the rules BEFORE Cummings went to Durham?

Yes sack them but AGAIN they don't advise the fake PM who should have sacked his egomaniacal advisor
You are like Boris, deflecting from the real issue all the time
Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:46 - Jun 4 with 1090 viewsSadoldgit

Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:15 - Jun 4 by solent_toffee

I’m far from a fan of this government, but I genuinely feel that there a percentage of people in this country who would flaunt any ruling despite it being absolutely spelt out to them.

Whether it’s an entitlement thing, education or people just don’t give a monkeys. This isn’t restricted to their behaviour around Covid-19, they are probably coonts all time time, Covid-19 and the vast majority behaving properly and adhering to the rules, highlights quite easily those that don’t.

Sadly you are right. The number of people who think it is ok to drive at 100mph on a motorway, still people drink and drive. There was a FB thread last week where someone complained about their neighbours throwing a late night party during the lockdown and she got all kinds of grief including from one guy who said “rules are there to be broken”. Sadly the mixed messages given out by our esteemed leader haven’t helped. The beaches have been rammed and even though the lockdown hadn’t been lifted, more and more people behave as if it is.

The senior doctor at our local surgery has just sent out a request for people to make face masks as they don’t have enough to provide the locals who visit the surgery so he doesn’t think this is going away.

The death toll and infection rate are still depressingly high and we are still very close the the R number that will tip us back into trouble.

Throughout the pandemic our strategy has been out of step with where we should have been. We have started to lift the lockdown way too early and in breach of the government’s own 5 point plan. Nothing should be done until the track and trace system is properly up and running but good luck with trying to tighten up the rules now. The minute Cummings was let off the hook Johnson lost what little authority he had left.
Idiots breaking lockdown on 10:09 - Jun 4 with 1070 viewsRon11

Idiots breaking lockdown on 18:54 - Jun 3 by saint22

lack of leadership results in chaos
Hardly a new phenomenon

It certainly destroyed the labour party's last election campaign.
Idiots breaking lockdown on 10:20 - Jun 4 with 1061 viewssolent_toffee

Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:46 - Jun 4 by Sadoldgit

Sadly you are right. The number of people who think it is ok to drive at 100mph on a motorway, still people drink and drive. There was a FB thread last week where someone complained about their neighbours throwing a late night party during the lockdown and she got all kinds of grief including from one guy who said “rules are there to be broken”. Sadly the mixed messages given out by our esteemed leader haven’t helped. The beaches have been rammed and even though the lockdown hadn’t been lifted, more and more people behave as if it is.

The senior doctor at our local surgery has just sent out a request for people to make face masks as they don’t have enough to provide the locals who visit the surgery so he doesn’t think this is going away.

The death toll and infection rate are still depressingly high and we are still very close the the R number that will tip us back into trouble.

Throughout the pandemic our strategy has been out of step with where we should have been. We have started to lift the lockdown way too early and in breach of the government’s own 5 point plan. Nothing should be done until the track and trace system is properly up and running but good luck with trying to tighten up the rules now. The minute Cummings was let off the hook Johnson lost what little authority he had left.

Last Thursday I walked past a house near mine, there must have been around 25-30 people there, half cut having a party. This was about 20 minutes after the briefing on the latest lifting of the restrictions. Now unless they are the quickest party organisers going, they just really know how to get a party started or they are simply coonts who didn’t watch the briefing and don’t really think that it applies to them anyway.

And that’s the problem, we can talk about lockdown fatigue etc which let’s be honest most people have, it doesn’t excuse people to go out and do what they want. Cummings is an absolute arse, can’t stand the fella, but his behaviour shouldn’t trigger anyone else into thinking they can go off to a crowded beach and throw themselves into the sea, have a mass party in the park or the many other ways that people seem to be blaming the government for. I think we give these numpties too much credit to suggest they follow the news to reflect their own behaviour.

It’s a rubbish situation and there’s no doubt that the government will be held to account at some point in the future, Matt Hancock said as much on Monday. But do we have to live in such a nanny state that every single person has to be told exactly what to do either during this pandemic or any other time. What a sorry bunch we must be. The main story on BBC’s news website yesterday following the daily briefing stated that if it rained at the weekend we are advised that any guests we had in the garden couldn’t go into the house. What a pampered nation we have become.
Idiots breaking lockdown on 10:25 - Jun 4 with 1054 viewsgrumpy

Idiots breaking lockdown on 10:20 - Jun 4 by solent_toffee

Last Thursday I walked past a house near mine, there must have been around 25-30 people there, half cut having a party. This was about 20 minutes after the briefing on the latest lifting of the restrictions. Now unless they are the quickest party organisers going, they just really know how to get a party started or they are simply coonts who didn’t watch the briefing and don’t really think that it applies to them anyway.

And that’s the problem, we can talk about lockdown fatigue etc which let’s be honest most people have, it doesn’t excuse people to go out and do what they want. Cummings is an absolute arse, can’t stand the fella, but his behaviour shouldn’t trigger anyone else into thinking they can go off to a crowded beach and throw themselves into the sea, have a mass party in the park or the many other ways that people seem to be blaming the government for. I think we give these numpties too much credit to suggest they follow the news to reflect their own behaviour.

It’s a rubbish situation and there’s no doubt that the government will be held to account at some point in the future, Matt Hancock said as much on Monday. But do we have to live in such a nanny state that every single person has to be told exactly what to do either during this pandemic or any other time. What a sorry bunch we must be. The main story on BBC’s news website yesterday following the daily briefing stated that if it rained at the weekend we are advised that any guests we had in the garden couldn’t go into the house. What a pampered nation we have become.

Absolutely agree with all of this, solent_toffee.
Idiots breaking lockdown on 10:45 - Jun 4 with 1041 viewsDorsetIan

Idiots breaking lockdown on 08:14 - Jun 4 by JaySaint

Riiiight

so not really about going anywhere then. Unsure why the pressure on cummings happened.

it was all about BoJo's response.

oki-doki

You got it. All about Johnson's response. He's the PM. What he does and says sends out the messages.

Had he jumped down hard on Cummings the govt could have continued with a very hard 'stick to the rules' message. He just looks shifty and stupid when he says that now.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Idiots breaking lockdown on 10:54 - Jun 4 with 1036 viewsBoris_

Idiots breaking lockdown on 10:45 - Jun 4 by DorsetIan

You got it. All about Johnson's response. He's the PM. What he does and says sends out the messages.

Had he jumped down hard on Cummings the govt could have continued with a very hard 'stick to the rules' message. He just looks shifty and stupid when he says that now.

Or people could just grow the f*ck up and stop trying to blame other people and justify their stupidity and selfishness on a bloke who went to isolate on his family estate?

Poll: Claude Puel

Idiots breaking lockdown on 10:55 - Jun 4 with 1037 viewsDorsetIan

Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:15 - Jun 4 by solent_toffee

I’m far from a fan of this government, but I genuinely feel that there a percentage of people in this country who would flaunt any ruling despite it being absolutely spelt out to them.

Whether it’s an entitlement thing, education or people just don’t give a monkeys. This isn’t restricted to their behaviour around Covid-19, they are probably coonts all time time, Covid-19 and the vast majority behaving properly and adhering to the rules, highlights quite easily those that don’t.

I agree that there is a percentage that would ignore the rules whatever happens. And there is also a percentage that will never leave their homes again whatever the govt says.

But most of these things follow a 'bell curve' and those at the extremes are small percentages.

The vast majority of people are in the middle. They do listen to the rules and to a greater or lesser extent for each individual they try to follow them, but they also follow their instincts too. The number of people social distancing or not social distancing then averages out across the country.

When the messaging weakens a few more of those people in the middle decide to go our rather than stay in and that shifts the average in the wrong direction.

These changes are subtle but they all count and when we have an R rate so close to 1, a small change in average behaviour patterns can have a huge impact.

Johnson risked that, to save Cummings. It was a poor, self-serving decision.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 11:12]

Login to get fewer ads

Idiots breaking lockdown on 11:03 - Jun 4 with 1033 viewsSadoldgit

Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:34 - Jun 4 by Boris_

What about the FOUR MP's that even more blatantly flouted the rules BEFORE Cummings went to Durham?

Were they senior advisers to the government and did they draft the lockdown rules?
Idiots breaking lockdown on 11:09 - Jun 4 with 1030 viewsSadoldgit

Idiots breaking lockdown on 10:54 - Jun 4 by Boris_

Or people could just grow the f*ck up and stop trying to blame other people and justify their stupidity and selfishness on a bloke who went to isolate on his family estate?

A bloke who drove 260 miles and was infected (along with his infected wife) who drafted the rule that you should stay home and self isolate. You seem oblivious to the fact that this is a big deal because the bloke who helped draft these rules ignored them himself. What kind of message does that send?
Idiots breaking lockdown on 11:27 - Jun 4 with 1023 viewsBazza

Idiots breaking lockdown on 11:09 - Jun 4 by Sadoldgit

A bloke who drove 260 miles and was infected (along with his infected wife) who drafted the rule that you should stay home and self isolate. You seem oblivious to the fact that this is a big deal because the bloke who helped draft these rules ignored them himself. What kind of message does that send?

Well done bSoggy and Ian - you’ve turned a sensible discussion about poor behaviour into reintroducing the Cummings nonsense as the cause. Can you not get over the Brexit/ election? I get it you are both anti Tory and proEU.
Do you really think these partying numbskulls really give a damn about politics? Do yourselves a favour and use your brains to look beyond The Guardian/ Newsnight mudslinging. It’s soooo boring.
Idiots breaking lockdown on 11:45 - Jun 4 with 1012 viewsSadoldgit

Idiots breaking lockdown on 11:27 - Jun 4 by Bazza

Well done bSoggy and Ian - you’ve turned a sensible discussion about poor behaviour into reintroducing the Cummings nonsense as the cause. Can you not get over the Brexit/ election? I get it you are both anti Tory and proEU.
Do you really think these partying numbskulls really give a damn about politics? Do yourselves a favour and use your brains to look beyond The Guardian/ Newsnight mudslinging. It’s soooo boring.

Boring for you because the lot you support are failing so badly. A recent poll suggests that many people are now ignoring lock down advice precisely because of the Cummings affair. Ignore it if you wish, but it does seem to have had a negative effect on the message the government is trying to get across.
Idiots breaking lockdown on 11:53 - Jun 4 with 1000 viewsDorsetIan

Idiots breaking lockdown on 11:27 - Jun 4 by Bazza

You have a short memory. You're opening post said "Don’t even think about blaming the politicians..."

How does this work - you're allowed to state that politicians aren't in any way responsible and no one is allowed to disagree with you? Is that the position?

And what has any of this got to do with Brexit? I think you might be a little obsessed by that. You know that we've already left the EU do you?

Idiots breaking lockdown on 11:57 - Jun 4 with 992 viewsSadoldgit

In an ideal world, people wouldn’t feel the need to take to the streets to protest about other people being treated like sh*t. In 2020 I find it hard to believe that we still have people who, despite by what we are told by those who are discriminated against, think that it is no longer an issue.
Idiots breaking lockdown on 12:42 - Jun 4 with 975 viewssaint22

Idiots breaking lockdown on 10:09 - Jun 4 by Ron11

It certainly destroyed the labour party's last election campaign.

yes indeed it did, if only they had put Keir in front then maybe so many people wouldn't have fallen for BoJo's endless BS
Idiots breaking lockdown on 13:19 - Jun 4 with 968 viewsBazza

Idiots breaking lockdown on 11:57 - Jun 4 by Sadoldgit

In an ideal world, people wouldn’t feel the need to take to the streets to protest about other people being treated like sh*t. In 2020 I find it hard to believe that we still have people who, despite by what we are told by those who are discriminated against, think that it is no longer an issue.

Usual reply from you guys. Don’t think I said politicians didn’t contribute. I was trying to say that individuals should take responsibility for their own behaviour. This modern thing of blaming someone else is really pernicious. We often hear criminals excused because of their poor backgrounds and drug addiction.
Btw over the years I have voted for each of the 3 main political parties so I’m not wedded to any political party except of course anti Corbyn!
Idiots breaking lockdown on 13:36 - Jun 4 with 953 viewsDorsetIan

Idiots breaking lockdown on 13:19 - Jun 4 by Bazza

Usual reply from you guys. Don’t think I said politicians didn’t contribute. I was trying to say that individuals should take responsibility for their own behaviour. This modern thing of blaming someone else is really pernicious. We often hear criminals excused because of their poor backgrounds and drug addiction.
Btw over the years I have voted for each of the 3 main political parties so I’m not wedded to any political party except of course anti Corbyn!

Thinking that everyone is simply responsible for their own behaviour and that's the end of it, is too easy.

Individuals don't live in vacuums. Their views, opinions, personalities, moral fibre, level of responsibility, and emotional responses to things are all shaped by their family background, and their life experiences and, yes, by the messages that they believe or don't believe.

The 'modern thing' of blaming someone else is not intended to let people off the hook for their individual moral choices. It's intended to recognise the causes of things, so that things can - hopefully - be improved.

It's as stupid (and pointless) to 'blame' only the individual involved as it is to only blame someone else.

Idiots breaking lockdown on 13:44 - Jun 4 with 946 viewsSadoldgit

Idiots breaking lockdown on 13:19 - Jun 4 by Bazza

Of people should take responsibility for their own actions, which is why it was so odd to hear our PM boast about shaking hands with infected people!

In times of a world wide pandemic you expect your government to take charge, to consult with experts and implement a clear strategy. Can you say that has happened here? The messages have been mixed and confused from the start. Most of the time the government seem intent in an a5se covering exercise. As first it was quite amusing to see the mess they were making if it, but after a while you expect them to get the hang of things and to finally take control. Still waiting for that to happen.

Lives have been lost unnecessarily and that is the worst of this situation. The care home issue is horrifying. To be told that we put a protective ring around them when infected and untested patients were taken out of hospitals and put into homes is surely criminally negligent.

Sorry if this is boring, but it is a big deal. This country has been badly let down by its government and someone has to answer for it.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 13:48]
Idiots breaking lockdown on 16:44 - Jun 4 with 903 viewsBazza

Idiots breaking lockdown on 13:36 - Jun 4 by DorsetIan

Thinking that everyone is simply responsible for their own behaviour and that's the end of it, is too easy.

Individuals don't live in vacuums. Their views, opinions, personalities, moral fibre, level of responsibility, and emotional responses to things are all shaped by their family background, and their life experiences and, yes, by the messages that they believe or don't believe.

The 'modern thing' of blaming someone else is not intended to let people off the hook for their individual moral choices. It's intended to recognise the causes of things, so that things can - hopefully - be improved.

It's as stupid (and pointless) to 'blame' only the individual involved as it is to only blame someone else.

Your last sentence was unnecessary and patronising. Let me spell this out, I do think the government should share some of the blame for the bad behaviour. But people were on beaches before the Cummings trip and many people on this site had previously observed numerous cases of not following the 2m rule.
Idiots breaking lockdown on 16:53 - Jun 4 with 894 viewsDorsetIan

Idiots breaking lockdown on 16:44 - Jun 4 by Bazza

Your last sentence was unnecessary and patronising. Let me spell this out, I do think the government should share some of the blame for the bad behaviour. But people were on beaches before the Cummings trip and many people on this site had previously observed numerous cases of not following the 2m rule.

I really don't know what the point is you are trying to make. That there are complete idiots amongst us? Agreed, but so what?

The scientific models will be based on a certain number of complete idiots but it should be possible to 'manage' the rest of the population with strong and clear messaging and that's the ball that's been dropped by the weak and disingenuous response to Cummings.

Idiots breaking lockdown on 17:04 - Jun 4 with 884 viewsJaySaint

Idiots breaking lockdown on 16:53 - Jun 4 by DorsetIan

I really don't know what the point is you are trying to make. That there are complete idiots amongst us? Agreed, but so what?

The scientific models will be based on a certain number of complete idiots but it should be possible to 'manage' the rest of the population with strong and clear messaging and that's the ball that's been dropped by the weak and disingenuous response to Cummings.

oh right.

everyone else breaking lockdown is fine, but an employee in No10 is not

righto

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Idiots breaking lockdown on 17:09 - Jun 4 with 872 viewsSadoldgit

Idiots breaking lockdown on 16:44 - Jun 4 by Bazza

Police chiefs are reporting that people are now using Cummings behaviour as a reason for breakdown lockdown rules. You really can’t have the top adviser saying one thing and doing another. Whatever people thought of the message and the rules before, his behaviour has undermined both.
Idiots breaking lockdown on 17:20 - Jun 4 with 865 viewsJaySaint

Idiots breaking lockdown on 17:09 - Jun 4 by Sadoldgit

Police chiefs are reporting that people are now using Cummings behaviour as a reason for breakdown lockdown rules. You really can’t have the top adviser saying one thing and doing another. Whatever people thought of the message and the rules before, his behaviour has undermined both.

did you use cummings as an excuse when you broke the rules?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Idiots breaking lockdown on 18:16 - Jun 4 with 832 viewsBazza

Idiots breaking lockdown on 16:53 - Jun 4 by DorsetIan

My original question is ‘why are people so dumb’ and I asked with a side note to exclude blame due to politicians. You and Soggy have ignored that and continued your unhelpful anti Cummings/ Government bile which has been done to death elsewhere on this site. Can you not contribute any insights without reverting to your often repeated bitter comments?
Idiots breaking lockdown on 18:37 - Jun 4 with 821 viewsDorsetIan

Idiots breaking lockdown on 18:16 - Jun 4 by Bazza

My original question is ‘why are people so dumb’ and I asked with a side note to exclude blame due to politicians. You and Soggy have ignored that and continued your unhelpful anti Cummings/ Government bile which has been done to death elsewhere on this site. Can you not contribute any insights without reverting to your often repeated bitter comments?

The first reply you got on this thread mentioned Cummings and it wasn't from me or SoG.

Although you might just have been asking a question 'why are people so dumb' others on here have jumped on that to argue that because some people are really dumb, what Boris did re Cummings was irrelevant. I disagree with that.

In terms of answering your question why are people so dumb...some people are born dumb, some people become dumb because they are surrounded by dumb people and get the wrong influences, some people aren't dumb they're just really selfish (think they won't suffer from Covid but don't worry that they might spread it).

Is that better? What is your opinion - why do you think people are dumb?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024