Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
White lives matter Burnley 23:05 - Jun 22 with 6709 viewsButty101

Apparently the Burnley fans flew a plane over just after kick off,and everyone is now super offended . Micah Richards was upset on Sky.
I don’t get the whole I’m so offended, surely all lives matter
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 23:05]

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

White lives matter Burnley on 11:16 - Jun 23 with 907 viewsWints76

I'm starting to think that people on this irreverent football forum are never going to agree about left/right politics, Brexit, racism or the best ways of dealing with pandemics, despite having the same discussions every single phucking day
White lives matter Burnley on 11:25 - Jun 23 with 891 viewsBicester_North

White lives matter Burnley on 10:58 - Jun 23 by saint22

when then nationalist isolator?

Up to the end of the 18th century Lozza.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

White lives matter Burnley on 11:44 - Jun 23 with 877 viewsChesham_Saint

White lives matter Burnley on 00:03 - Jun 23 by thissceptredsaint

In the context it was done it could well be illegal. It was done with racist motives. I am in my early 70s and if I can see why this is so I cannot understand why people 20 years and more junior cannot see it.

Black men keep getting murdered by the state they live in. White men don't. All this pathetic self pity and nastiness by a hardcore of ignorant racists , no wonder the players were ashamed and embarrassed.

I do believe the police are way to triggerhappy in alleging hate crimes have been committed but I can see why in thiss case

That's so true, SOG. Why, just the other day I saw three black men gunned down in my local street by the Sheriff for no reason at all...

However that isn't the reality in the UK is it? The truth is that there is a degree of social injustice here (and elsewhere where it's often far, far worse) and we all need to work together to eradicate it. Sensationalising an argument with spurious claims doesn't help things any more than flying a WLM Burnley banner does.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

White lives matter Burnley on 11:49 - Jun 23 with 872 viewsthissceptredsaint

White lives matter Burnley on 00:09 - Jun 23 by Bicester_North

Black men do get killed by the police and white men don’t?

That a fact in the UK? What are the stats? What about Asians?

Are you condoning the white lives matter banner? You do realise the person who organised this has terms like 'p*ki' on his instagram page and calls black people'spear throwers' , do you condone that as well?
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 11:51]
White lives matter Burnley on 11:55 - Jun 23 with 865 viewsdirk_doone

White lives matter Burnley on 00:03 - Jun 23 by thissceptredsaint

In the context it was done it could well be illegal. It was done with racist motives. I am in my early 70s and if I can see why this is so I cannot understand why people 20 years and more junior cannot see it.

Black men keep getting murdered by the state they live in. White men don't. All this pathetic self pity and nastiness by a hardcore of ignorant racists , no wonder the players were ashamed and embarrassed.

I do believe the police are way to triggerhappy in alleging hate crimes have been committed but I can see why in thiss case

I think a lot of people would be surprised to know that's not actually true. More unarmed white men have been killed by the police in the USA than unarmed black men. It's not a racist thing, as such: the police over there are just terrified of being shot and killed themselves every time they attempt to make an arrest. Criminals over there routinely use guns against the police, more than a thousand of whom have been shot dead over the last 10 years.

Obviously, in the George Floyd case there was more to it than that. The fact that he and the police officer who murdered him had worked in the same place for 17 years, indicates there was probably some personal vendetta involved there.

That's not to say there are no racist police officers but their numbers pale into insignificance compared to the number of violent criminals and their families who are prejudiced against the police and who would think nothing of killing them.

On the subject of the WLM banner, the organisers were probably the same type of people who went to London to 'protect statues' but who ended up attacking the police. I don't think they did it to further the cause of peace, love and harmony.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 15:55]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

White lives matter Burnley on 11:55 - Jun 23 with 863 viewsthissceptredsaint

I did a quick google of black people abused by the police in the UK there was plenty of cases to chose from , here is one:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/06/a-black-mans-life-is-not-valued-

I really don't understand why people try to pretend this doesn't happen here. We do have the internet. It's harder to cover it up now
White lives matter Burnley on 11:59 - Jun 23 with 858 viewsdirk_doone

I know most people don't have good experiences with the police but they are human and they have families too. The number of violent attacks and the amount of abuse they are subjected to is far greater than it used to be. Even when they go to break up fights among youths in this country, they are routinely sworn and spat at and nearly all criminals seem to violently resist arrest nowadays. At the back of the mind of every policeman every time he goes to make an arrest is the thought that a violent criminal could kill him with a knife or gun. If the criminals were polite and peaceful, when questioned or arrested by the police, none of them would ever be hurt themselves regardless of what colour they were.

[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 15:54]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

White lives matter Burnley on 12:07 - Jun 23 with 832 viewsChesham_Saint

White lives matter Burnley on 11:55 - Jun 23 by thissceptredsaint

I did a quick google of black people abused by the police in the UK there was plenty of cases to chose from , here is one:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/06/a-black-mans-life-is-not-valued-

I really don't understand why people try to pretend this doesn't happen here. We do have the internet. It's harder to cover it up now

That' s not the same as: "Black men keep getting murdered by the state they live in. White men don't."

Generalising from the particular and without providing similar data on Asians and Caucasians etc in the same period is essentially meaningless.

I don't think anyone is saying it doesn't ever happen, but when it does there are independent reviews and prosecutions should follow if evidence is there. I simply do not believe that the UK of today is like say, Mississippi in the 1940's which is the narrative you seem to be pursuing and is, I believe, entirely counter-productive.

Login to get fewer ads

White lives matter Burnley on 12:08 - Jun 23 with 826 viewsBicester_North

White lives matter Burnley on 11:49 - Jun 23 by thissceptredsaint

Are you condoning the white lives matter banner? You do realise the person who organised this has terms like 'p*ki' on his instagram page and calls black people'spear throwers' , do you condone that as well?
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 11:51]

No, you said white people dont get killed by police but black peoples do. If you’re going to put outright lies up don’t be upset if you get pulled up on it.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

White lives matter Burnley on 12:26 - Jun 23 with 780 viewssolent_toffee

White lives matter Burnley on 11:16 - Jun 23 by Wints76

I'm starting to think that people on this irreverent football forum are never going to agree about left/right politics, Brexit, racism or the best ways of dealing with pandemics, despite having the same discussions every single phucking day

It’s almost the exact opposite of a Think Tank.

“Right then, Day 75 of the BLM discussion, where are we upto, have we made any progress?”
White lives matter Burnley on 12:56 - Jun 23 with 740 viewsDorsetIan

White lives matter Burnley on 12:26 - Jun 23 by solent_toffee

It’s almost the exact opposite of a Think Tank.

“Right then, Day 75 of the BLM discussion, where are we upto, have we made any progress?”

I've been thinking about this...

You are right, very little progress is made and maybe those calling for all political threads on here to stop are correct. Apart from anything else, these threads provide a vehicle for extremist right wing views to get an airing in a way that simply wouldn't be possible in the 'real' world.

I like to think that I have learnt something from being on here. I am much more aware of the fact that sensible, reasonable people can disagree profoundly about fundamental values and about what's important.

But when I first came on here, I thought it was important to challenge the antiquated right wing nonsense that some on here insist on spewing. And now I'm coming to the conclusion that it's all self defeating. That arguing just perpetuates the threads and gives them more chance to say the same stupid things, over and over and over and over and over again.

I think it's time for a break for me. A self-imposed politics ban for a while. Now that the football is back, it seems a good time to do that.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

White lives matter Burnley on 13:07 - Jun 23 with 729 viewsSadoldgit

White lives matter Burnley on 11:59 - Jun 23 by dirk_doone

I know most people don't have good experiences with the police but they are human and they have families too. The number of violent attacks and the amount of abuse they are subjected to is far greater than it used to be. Even when they go to break up fights among youths in this country, they are routinely sworn and spat at and nearly all criminals seem to violently resist arrest nowadays. At the back of the mind of every policeman every time he goes to make an arrest is the thought that a violent criminal could kill him with a knife or gun. If the criminals were polite and peaceful, when questioned or arrested by the police, none of them would ever be hurt themselves regardless of what colour they were.

[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 15:54]

It isn’t just the police, paramedics and firefighters have problems with some unruly elements too.
White lives matter Burnley on 13:21 - Jun 23 with 708 viewsChesham_Saint

White lives matter Burnley on 11:16 - Jun 23 by Wints76

Can we all agree that portsmouth are still a bunch of cvnts Wints? Frankly I admit it, I enjoy being a promoter of bluefewism and am therefore a bluefewist.

There. I've said it.

White lives matter Burnley on 13:36 - Jun 23 with 684 viewsSaintsforeverj

White lives matter Burnley on 01:26 - Jun 23 by DorsetIan

The level of pig ignorance, repeated over and over and over again on this site, is so depressing.

For those involved, you know who you are, stop it with your worn out your cliches and go and educate yourselves about the experiences of black people, the history of racism, and the reasons why BLM is now such a powerful force in the world.

You may not be racists but you sure as hell show no sign of being interested in being anti-racist.

‚white lives matter‘ is at best a boring, petulant response to BLM.

We are talking about a small minority of people who are racist. The BLM movement will likely make them more racist, that's the point. Yes, there might be some level of racism by a minority of people. There is a level of homophobia, islamaphobia, (the other way tooo - "some" Muslims set out to kill non believers"), black people kill black people in London too. There is prejudice for all sorts of reasons - you might force people to mind their words, but they will still think what they think.

The BLM movement is coming across as "white people are racist towards black people and it needs to stop". This is something most sensible minded people would agree with anyway. It doesn't mean, all whites are racist anymore than all Muslims are terrorists. The point is, we know there are things to work on in society, but when I watch a football match, I don't want to be reminded of it every single match for the whole season!

I accept your view that this campaign should be plastered on football shirts and all over town for the next ten years. That's your view but some disagree. People are entitled to their opinion. It's not about racism. My view would be the same if they plastered male ballet dansers matter all over the Saints shirt,or women wrestlers must be respected.

But taking away my right to watch an episode of Only Fools and Horses? Well in that case, they ought to ban 1940's war films when the women were at home cleaning the house and not allowed to fight- that's sexist. How far should we go would everything?
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 13:41]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

White lives matter Burnley on 13:40 - Jun 23 with 677 viewsBison

White lives matter Burnley on 12:08 - Jun 23 by Bicester_North

No, you said white people dont get killed by police but black peoples do. If you’re going to put outright lies up don’t be upset if you get pulled up on it.

Why is everything black or white , this seems to causing more division than solidarity.

Why is it only white that is bad ? Replace white with any other colour and suddenly it's not offensive.

........ lives matter.

I do get that's this was not on and totally wrong but this is the way it goes when you try and see everything as black or white.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

White lives matter Burnley on 13:43 - Jun 23 with 668 viewsSaintsforeverj

White lives matter Burnley on 13:40 - Jun 23 by Bison

Why is everything black or white , this seems to causing more division than solidarity.

Why is it only white that is bad ? Replace white with any other colour and suddenly it's not offensive.

........ lives matter.

I do get that's this was not on and totally wrong but this is the way it goes when you try and see everything as black or white.

This is the thing. The connotation is that white people are racist towards black people. It's causing hostility and division that wasn't previously there.

It's doing the thing that we want to avoid - and that's categorising people into categories, you're black, I'm whit. How about we are human beings, we all matter and that any form of prejudice is wrong.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 13:45]

White lives matter Burnley on 13:44 - Jun 23 with 667 viewssolent_toffee

White lives matter Burnley on 13:21 - Jun 23 by Chesham_Saint

Can we all agree that portsmouth are still a bunch of cvnts Wints? Frankly I admit it, I enjoy being a promoter of bluefewism and am therefore a bluefewist.

There. I've said it.

I’ve got a bit of a soft spot for Pompey to be honest.

*becomes the first TUI to burn at the virtual stake*
White lives matter Burnley (n/t) on 13:47 - Jun 23 with 660 viewsSaintsforeverj

White lives matter Burnley on 13:44 - Jun 23 by solent_toffee

[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 13:47]

White lives matter Burnley on 13:48 - Jun 23 with 657 viewsSaintsforeverj

There. I've said it.

You can't say that you don't like the fans of a certain football club. How dare you be so prejudice!

It's true though

White lives matter Burnley on 13:49 - Jun 23 with 659 viewsinthebox

Nobody is saying only black lives matter that would be OBLM. Whites get very defensive when black and brown people try to assert their human rights.
White lives matter Burnley on 13:53 - Jun 23 with 651 viewsWints76

There. I've said it.

Some of my best mates are Pompey fans. And they're cvnts. Carry on
White lives matter Burnley on 13:53 - Jun 23 with 648 viewsSaintsforeverj

White lives matter Burnley on 13:49 - Jun 23 by inthebox

Nobody is saying only black lives matter that would be OBLM. Whites get very defensive when black and brown people try to assert their human rights.

So we need to be reminded of it in every football match, every TV programme, every advert, on the side of a bus, and not allowed to watch Fawlty Towers anymore? What about some recognition of the 3 men brutally murdered by a Muslim in Reading? Should we not have a campaign to prevent Islamic extremism too? Or is that less important?
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 13:55]

White lives matter Burnley on 13:55 - Jun 23 with 647 viewsKennington

In summary

Burnley make themselves out to be a bunch of idiots 40 years behind most places in the U.K. If you’ve ever been to Burnley it’s 40 odd years behind in many ways. Yes white lives matter, all lives matter, but that completely misses the point of BLM. It was a grossly offensive banner that seems paid for by Burnley ‘fans’. No club wants racist fans doing this. Just like no club wants fans pissing on poppies or running on the pitch. It’s an absolute PR nightmare for Burnley.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

White lives matter Burnley on 13:57 - Jun 23 with 639 viewsSaintsforeverj

White lives matter Burnley on 13:55 - Jun 23 by Kennington

In summary

Burnley make themselves out to be a bunch of idiots 40 years behind most places in the U.K. If you’ve ever been to Burnley it’s 40 odd years behind in many ways. Yes white lives matter, all lives matter, but that completely misses the point of BLM. It was a grossly offensive banner that seems paid for by Burnley ‘fans’. No club wants racist fans doing this. Just like no club wants fans pissing on poppies or running on the pitch. It’s an absolute PR nightmare for Burnley.

But that's the point. The small minority of racist idiots, will continue to be so and will just get worse. They won't change their views because players take the knee. And if they don't change their views ( the people we want to change ltheir views) then what is the point?
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 13:58]

White lives matter Burnley on 14:01 - Jun 23 with 628 viewsChesham_Saint

White lives matter Burnley on 13:44 - Jun 23 by solent_toffee

Pah! Well you're CLEARLY not one of us then Toffs..!

*spits on ground, mumble something anti scouse, and stomps off to get wood for virtual fire...*

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024