Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus having a very good day 16:00 - Jun 25 with 2493 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-53176717

Who in their right mind would go to the beach when Saints are live on TV?
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 16:06]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Coronovirus having a very good day on 16:08 - Jun 25 with 1680 viewsBison

Must be all the idiots from London or similar as no local in their right mind would go to Bournemouth on a sunny day or when Saints are playing. The M27 was backed up yesterday so God knows what it will be like today, the hotels are not open so its all troggies.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Coronovirus having a very good day on 16:17 - Jun 25 with 1641 viewskingslandstand1

Coronovirus having a very good day on 16:08 - Jun 25 by Bison

Must be all the idiots from London or similar as no local in their right mind would go to Bournemouth on a sunny day or when Saints are playing. The M27 was backed up yesterday so God knows what it will be like today, the hotels are not open so its all troggies.

Just said on the news someone had come down from Peterborough to Durdle Door and just through dogs abuse at those saying they couldn't get there, including the local councillor and she was then also spat at
Coronovirus having a very good day on 16:22 - Jun 25 with 1633 viewsBazza

Coronovirus having a very good day on 16:08 - Jun 25 by Bison

Awful! Someone when told a road was closed spat at a volunteer. Who do they think they are, footballers?
Nah, not that bad a player on Friday night cleared out a nostril onto the pitch! Hope his mum wasn’t watching.
Coronavirus having a very good day on 17:18 - Jun 25 with 1577 viewsSaintsforeverj

We seem to have such a hysterical, over the top, self-centered section of society. Anyone would think this is the last day ever to visit the beach or the sun is going down for the last time this evening. What is wrong with these people?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Coronavirus having a very good day on 22:40 - Jun 25 with 1497 viewsRon11

Coronavirus having a very good day on 17:18 - Jun 25 by Saintsforeverj

We seem to have such a hysterical, over the top, self-centered section of society. Anyone would think this is the last day ever to visit the beach or the sun is going down for the last time this evening. What is wrong with these people?

Nothing a few water cannon wouldn't sort out.
And stop paying these cu nts out of the public purse
Coronavirus having a very good day on 22:42 - Jun 25 with 1497 viewsdarthvader

Coronavirus having a very good day on 22:40 - Jun 25 by Ron11

Nothing a few water cannon wouldn't sort out.
And stop paying these cu nts out of the public purse

Presactly ,,these cünts are getting paid to stay at home .
Not go to the beach and create (2nd) waves .

keep the faith coyr

Coronavirus having a very good day on 22:52 - Jun 25 with 1485 viewsthissceptredsaint

Boris told them to go out and shop, so thats that idea blown out the window. If its all right Prime minister Cummings to break rules why should anyone give a toss? Why it's almost as if they are encouraging infection

Btw I see Corona is now spiking in schools in the UK
Coronavirus having a very good day on 23:01 - Jun 25 with 1472 viewsSadoldgit

Coronavirus having a very good day on 22:52 - Jun 25 by thissceptredsaint

Boris told them to go out and shop, so thats that idea blown out the window. If its all right Prime minister Cummings to break rules why should anyone give a toss? Why it's almost as if they are encouraging infection

Don’t worry about the schools, Doris says that it is not a problem.
Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus having a very good day on 23:32 - Jun 25 with 1459 viewscocklebreath

Been to Hengistbury head today and yesterday, loads of room on beach, a good 5 metres from anyone , kids been in the sea all day, lovely.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Coronavirus having a very good day on 11:34 - Jun 26 with 1400 viewsChesham_Saint

Ah, the ‘Great British Public’. What an oxymoron.

Moron being the operative word.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Coronavirus having a very good day on 11:42 - Jun 26 with 1393 viewsgeezershoong1

"So what made you think it was ok to come to the beach today Sir?"

"Because of Dominic Cummings"

Really?

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Coronavirus having a very good day on 11:44 - Jun 26 with 1391 viewsChesham_Saint

Coronavirus having a very good day on 11:42 - Jun 26 by geezershoong1

Really?

A Darwin award shoe-in.

Coronavirus having a very good day on 13:26 - Jun 26 with 1368 viewsDorsetIan

Coronavirus having a very good day on 11:42 - Jun 26 by geezershoong1

Really?

Do you think the PM‘s response to Cummings sent out a ‚zero tolerance’ message that everyone had to stick strictly to the rules, rather than making their own risk assessments?

I don’t.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Coronavirus having a very good day on 13:36 - Jun 26 with 1361 viewsJaySaint

Coronavirus having a very good day on 13:26 - Jun 26 by DorsetIan

Do you think the PM‘s response to Cummings sent out a ‚zero tolerance’ message that everyone had to stick strictly to the rules, rather than making their own risk assessments?

I don’t.

no one cares bar a few anti-tory loons

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Coronavirus having a very good day on 13:48 - Jun 26 with 1354 viewsBoris_

Where? Prove it? You bed wetting snowflake.

Poll: Claude Puel

Coronavirus having a very good day on 13:49 - Jun 26 with 1352 viewsBoris_

Coronavirus having a very good day on 13:26 - Jun 26 by DorsetIan

I don’t.

If you decided to go to the beach because of Dominic Cummings then it says more about you than it does the government.

Do you need your arse wiped after the toilet too? Diddums.

Coronavirus having a very good day on 13:56 - Jun 26 with 1346 viewsWaylander

"Who in their right mind would go to the beach when Saints are live on TV?"

Anyone who watched last night's sh#tshow
Coronavirus having a very good day on 13:57 - Jun 26 with 1345 viewsDorsetIan

Coronavirus having a very good day on 13:49 - Jun 26 by Boris_

If you decided to go to the beach because of Dominic Cummings then it says more about you than it does the government.

Do you need your arse wiped after the toilet too? Diddums.

Did you not understand my question?

It was pretty simple and I gave you my answer already.

You completely miss the point if you think that people went to the beach 'because of' Dominic Cummings.

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:00 - Jun 26 with 1338 viewsBoris_

Coronavirus having a very good day on 13:57 - Jun 26 by DorsetIan

Did you not understand my question?

It was pretty simple and I gave you my answer already.

You completely miss the point if you think that people went to the beach 'because of' Dominic Cummings.

You think they went to the beach because Boris didn't sack Dominic Cummings then?

Because despite what the snowflakes and loony left press might say, very few people without a political agenda give a toss about what Cummings does or doesn't do.

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:05 - Jun 26 with 1337 viewsDorsetIan

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:00 - Jun 26 by Boris_

You think they went to the beach because Boris didn't sack Dominic Cummings then?

Because despite what the snowflakes and loony left press might say, very few people without a political agenda give a toss about what Cummings does or doesn't do.

I am asking whether you think the government sent out a strong message. That's all.

It's pretty clear to me that they didn't.

Do you disagree?

(P.S. I'm not interested in whether you think that a strong message in this context was important or made any difference, I just wonder whether you can at least acknowledge the weakness of message.)

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:12 - Jun 26 with 1329 viewsBoris_

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:05 - Jun 26 by DorsetIan

I am asking whether you think the government sent out a strong message. That's all.

Do you disagree?

(P.S. I'm not interested in whether you think that a strong message in this context was important or made any difference, I just wonder whether you can at least acknowledge the weakness of message.)

I don't think they needed to send out a strong message. It was a nothing story that was formed purely out of a political agenda.

Unlike people like yourself ( and anyone who voted for Labour or Remain it seems ) I can look after myself and don't base my life decisions on what a government advisor does.

I also wasn't bothered about Kinnock, Ali or the host of other MP's who broke lockdown whilst telling their constituents to stay at home.

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:16 - Jun 26 with 1327 viewsChesham_Saint

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:05 - Jun 26 by DorsetIan

Do you disagree?

I have quite a complicated life (family and work wise) and the rules have been pretty clear to me so far.

This Government (Indeed, any government) is dealing with an evolving and unknown situation and finding its way forward. They want to trust us, but there are clearly a lot of people who seem to lack common sense. The Gov can’t specify or control what we have to do in every single situation, can they?

People are behaving like it’s some kind of movie. One moment clapping for all they’re worth in support of “our” NHS and the next off they go protesting or laying on a beach.

The Great British Public? Yeah, right.

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:23 - Jun 26 with 1316 viewsBoris_

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:16 - Jun 26 by Chesham_Saint

I have quite a complicated life (family and work wise) and the rules have been pretty clear to me so far.

This Government (Indeed, any government) is dealing with an evolving and unknown situation and finding its way forward. They want to trust us, but there are clearly a lot of people who seem to lack common sense. The Gov can’t specify or control what we have to do in every single situation, can they?

People are behaving like it’s some kind of movie. One moment clapping for all they’re worth in support of “our” NHS and the next off they go protesting or laying on a beach.

Spot on.

The 'rules' have always been about using common sense with the ability to interpret them slightly ( as Cummings did ) .

It is those with a political agenda or the lazy and workshy that just play dumb, sit on their hands and expect every last detail to be spoonfed to them.

Then you have Liverpool fans crying and demanding an enquiry as to why the Athletico game went ahead, yet gathered in their thousands last night when they won the league.

One week the left are shouting and screaming about Cummings, the next they are travelling from all over the UK and using public transport to gather in their thousands for BLM marches.

They hypocrisy from those who are still licking their wounds from losing Brexit and the Election is clear to see.

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:31 - Jun 26 with 1313 viewsWaylander

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:23 - Jun 26 by Boris_

Spot on.

The 'rules' have always been about using common sense with the ability to interpret them slightly ( as Cummings did ) .

It is those with a political agenda or the lazy and workshy that just play dumb, sit on their hands and expect every last detail to be spoonfed to them.

Then you have Liverpool fans crying and demanding an enquiry as to why the Athletico game went ahead, yet gathered in their thousands last night when they won the league.

One week the left are shouting and screaming about Cummings, the next they are travelling from all over the UK and using public transport to gather in their thousands for BLM marches.

They hypocrisy from those who are still licking their wounds from losing Brexit and the Election is clear to see.

"Then you have Liverpool fans crying and demanding an enquiry as to why the Athletico game went ahead, yet gathered in their thousands last night when they won the league. "

And how much would they have kicked off if the match had been cancelled? Just as much if not more IMO.
Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:48 - Jun 26 with 1305 viewsDorsetIan

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:16 - Jun 26 by Chesham_Saint

The govt clearly has a difficult job, there are many variables, there are many different people making decisions. Noone is saying it's easy.

My only question is did the govt send out a strong message about adhering to the rules in the way it handled the Cummings situation? And to me, when considering all the possible responses it could have made, it's response and the message it send out was weak, and it allowed the concept of 'common sense' and discretion to creep into what had previously been quite clear messaging.

It's open to anyone to think that public health messaging is not important and that the need for simplicity and clarity in that messaging is not important. But listen to public health experts and they will tell you the exact opposite.

It's just one element. The fact that there are many idiots about is another. But Johnson's weak messaging around Cummings will have had some effect. He gave the tacit OK to the crazy free for all that we are now seeing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024