Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth FC Some Facts 22:14 - Jul 6 with 5148 viewsSaintNick

1. By the end of 2020/21 season in 60 years Pompey will have spent a total of 8 seasons in the top flight, 15 in the bottom 2 divisions and 37 in the second tier

2. In that time they have finished above us in 7 seasons and below us 53 times

3. Passion is about the number of pallets you can balance on a flat bed truck

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 22:12 - Jul 11 with 1288 viewscocklebreath

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 17:22 - Jul 11 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Not sure what this obsession is with just the '60 years' to be honest.

Is it to make your club look better than they are? I think for a balanced approach, one needs to look at the whole picture, starting today and going back.

In the last 20 years we have . . . 1 v 4
Soton 1 league trophy
Pompey 1 FA cup, 2 lower league titles, 1 league trophy

In the last 40 years we have . . . 1 v 5
Soton 1 league trophy
Pompey 1 FA cup, 3 lower league titles, 1 league trophy

In the last 60 years we have: . . . . 2 v 6
Soton 1 FA cup, 1 league trophy
Pompey 1 FA cup, 4 lower league titles, 1 league trophy

In the last 80 years we have . . . 3 v 8
Soton 1 FA cup, 1 lower league titles, 1 league trophy
Pompey 1 FA cup, 2 National titles, 4 lower league titles, 1 league trophy

In the last 100 years we have . . . 4 v 10
Soton 1 FA cup, 2 lower league titles, 1 league trophy
Pompey 2 FA cup, 2 National titles, 5 lower league titles, 1 league trophy

In the last 120 years we have . . . 7 v 15
Soton 1 FA cup, 2 lower league titles, 1 league trophy + 3 Southern titles
Pompey 2 FA cup, 2 National titles, 5 lower league titles, 1 league trophy + 2 southern titles & 3 western titles

In the last 140 years we have . . . 9 v 15
Soton 1 FA cup, 2 lower league titles, 1 league trophy + 5 Southern titles
Pompey 2 FA cup, 2 National titles, 5 lower league titles, 1 league trophy + 2 southern titles & 3 western titles

In fact as the list clearly shows that its not until we go back 140 years that Soton FC show what a superb football club they were with those 5 Southern league titles, and it is the only era when Soton were winning things, and Pompey weren't.

Its also interesting that its only when we go back to 120 and 140 years ago that Soton manage to add more than 1 trophy to their overall haul. That was the time when Soton were a feared club.

Now, if we were to check the respective clubs and their being runners up in competitions, then that is when the Saints really show their dominance.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 11:23]

6 fingered c&nt

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 23:01 - Jul 11 with 1251 viewsChesham_Saint

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 22:12 - Jul 11 by cocklebreath

6 fingered c&nt

Ironic point of order, Cockle. I think you mean ‘6 fingered pedantic cvnt’..?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 00:10 - Jul 12 with 1226 viewsdirk_doone

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 23:01 - Jul 11 by Chesham_Saint

Ironic point of order, Cockle. I think you mean ‘6 fingered pedantic cvnt’..?

He's clearly just a very sad, lonely individual and you can see why.

[Post edited 12 Jul 2020 7:57]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 06:54 - Jul 12 with 1185 viewsDellHero

Utter click bait Nick you naughty chap. Cue another 1,000 comment thread...
Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 13:21 - Jul 13 with 975 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 06:54 - Jul 12 by DellHero

Utter click bait Nick you naughty chap. Cue another 1,000 comment thread...

My response has been to use Reverse Non-Click Bait. It's a technique that uses strong facts and simple rhetorical statements. Nick is a clever guy though, I'm sure he will be able to come up with a witty response or a deflective comment.

"Not sure what this obsession is with just the '60 years' to be honest.

Is it to make your club look better than they are? I think for a balanced approach, one needs to look at the whole picture, starting today and going back.

Soton 1 league trophy

Soton 1 league trophy

In fact as the list clearly shows that its not until we go back 140 years that Soton FC show what a superb football club they were with those 5 Southern league titles, and it is the only era when Soton were winning things, and Pompey weren't.

Its also interesting that its only when we go back to 120 and 140 years ago that Soton manage to add more than 1 trophy to their overall haul. That was the time when Soton were a feared club.

Now, if we were to check the respective clubs and their being runners up in competitions, then that is when the Saints really show their dominance.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 13:33 - Jul 13 with 970 viewsButty101

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 13:21 - Jul 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

My response has been to use Reverse Non-Click Bait. It's a technique that uses strong facts and simple rhetorical statements. Nick is a clever guy though, I'm sure he will be able to come up with a witty response or a deflective comment.

Soton 1 league trophy

Soton 1 league trophy

"In the last 20 years we have . . . 1 v 4
Soton 1 league trophy
Pompey 1 FA cup, 2 lower league titles, 1 league trophy"

Personally lower league titles and cups are nothing to get excited about. It just highlights how mediocre your team is, that you are participating in those competitions.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 13:34 - Jul 13 with 970 viewsfranniesTache

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 13:21 - Jul 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Soton 1 league trophy

Soton 1 league trophy

In the last however many hundreds of years you're all scabbing nonces who are so desperate to be noticed you make sh*t up constantly.

Now can you run along to wherever you've been hiding and crying whilst we wait to laugh at you as you go into administration again you danger to children.
Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 14:00 - Jul 13 with 950 viewsTimSaint

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 13:33 - Jul 13 by Butty101

Soton 1 league trophy

Personally lower league titles and cups are nothing to get excited about. It just highlights how mediocre your team is, that you are participating in those competitions.

Only a Skate would take winning the 4th tier League as some kind of accomplishment. Lets face it, we have never even been bad enough to play in that league, yet 130 uses it against us.

It was bad enough for us getting relegated to the 3rd tier, but at least we only stayed for 2 seasons. The Skates went 1 better and dropped down a further league and have remained in the lower 2 leagues for what will be their 9th successive season. You would never have thought it possible for such a huge and successful club with such an army of fans, to have been so low down the leagues for so long. No wonder you see Man Utd and Chelsea shirts in Portsmouth these days.

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 14:15 - Jul 13 with 931 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 14:00 - Jul 13 by TimSaint

Only a Skate would take winning the 4th tier League as some kind of accomplishment. Lets face it, we have never even been bad enough to play in that league, yet 130 uses it against us.

It was bad enough for us getting relegated to the 3rd tier, but at least we only stayed for 2 seasons. The Skates went 1 better and dropped down a further league and have remained in the lower 2 leagues for what will be their 9th successive season. You would never have thought it possible for such a huge and successful club with such an army of fans, to have been so low down the leagues for so long. No wonder you see Man Utd and Chelsea shirts in Portsmouth these days.

Nobody is hiding it, but I notice that you fail to acknowledge the FA cup, and the Championship title. A nice deflective comment

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 14:17 - Jul 13 with 924 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 13:33 - Jul 13 by Butty101

Soton 1 league trophy

But the reality is a second tier title and an FA cup win eclipses your whole history. I know it's hard to deal with ie we have been so crap, but in the same era we have also bettered your whole history. Typical Pompey really.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 14:42]

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 14:23 - Jul 13 with 928 viewsTimSaint

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 14:15 - Jul 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Nobody is hiding it, but I notice that you fail to acknowledge the FA cup, and the Championship title. A nice deflective comment

I'm not deflecting anything. I know what you have won, but I was simply pointing out the fact that you use success in the 4th tier as some sort of accomplishment over us, when we haven't even been bad enough to play in that league.

Out of curiosity, who do you want to win the League 1 Play Off Final tonight ?

TimSaint

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 14:27 - Jul 13 with 922 viewsBuggalugs

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 14:17 - Jul 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

But the reality is a second tier title and an FA cup win eclipses your whole history. I know it's hard to deal with ie we have been so crap, but in the same era we have also bettered your whole history. Typical Pompey really.

No, this is typical Pompey

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 14:40 - Jul 13 with 899 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 14:23 - Jul 13 by TimSaint

I'm not deflecting anything. I know what you have won, but I was simply pointing out the fact that you use success in the 4th tier as some sort of accomplishment over us, when we haven't even been bad enough to play in that league.

Out of curiosity, who do you want to win the League 1 Play Off Final tonight ?

I'm just listing it all for clarity, but you can't help yourself can you?

Not bothered about tonight, and I don't have a feeling about who will win.

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 14:56 - Jul 13 with 890 viewsfranniesTache

The only real moment of clarity you'll ever have 130 is the moment where you realise you've spent half your life posting sh*t on your rivals internet forum, all of whom look at you and think you're a bit of a sad nonce, and that you've completely wasted what little of a life you have.
Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 15:06 - Jul 13 with 883 viewsButty101

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 14:17 - Jul 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

What you have highlighted is the Pompey paradox.

Pompey over spent, robbed some charities and went bankrupt. Fans blame the owner but happy to claim the cheated cup that it bought.

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 15:07 - Jul 13 with 881 viewsButty101

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 14:40 - Jul 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I'm just listing it all for clarity, but you can't help yourself can you?

Not bothered about tonight, and I don't have a feeling about who will win.

More into Canadian Ice Hockey yeah?

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 17:39 - Jul 13 with 841 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 14:56 - Jul 13 by franniesTache

The only real moment of clarity you'll ever have 130 is the moment where you realise you've spent half your life posting sh*t on your rivals internet forum, all of whom look at you and think you're a bit of a sad nonce, and that you've completely wasted what little of a life you have.

It's just a little fun thread, about Pompey. You should stop being so bitter. Life is too short.

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 18:13 - Jul 13 with 823 viewsgrumpy

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 17:39 - Jul 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

It's just a little fun thread, about Pompey. You should stop being so bitter. Life is too short.

How long does it take you to get those records you go to the trouble of posting on here?
Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 18:38 - Jul 13 with 800 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 18:13 - Jul 13 by grumpy

How long does it take you to get those records you go to the trouble of posting on here?

It's just cut n paste, any donkey work (hardly any) was done years ago. It's always a fun reminder pasting in some of the superiority from the blue half of Hampshire.

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 18:57 - Jul 13 with 795 viewsgrumpy

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 18:38 - Jul 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

It's just cut n paste, any donkey work (hardly any) was done years ago. It's always a fun reminder pasting in some of the superiority from the blue half of Hampshire.

If you're so superior why are you still in L1 with a dilapidated old stadium with fake Tudor beams with a clown ringing a bell.
Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 19:26 - Jul 13 with 771 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 18:57 - Jul 13 by grumpy

If you're so superior why are you still in L1 with a dilapidated old stadium with fake Tudor beams with a clown ringing a bell.

We are just an authentic club, with authentic beams, authentic noise, and authentic trophies. That's it really.

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 20:36 - Jul 13 with 751 viewsButty101

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 19:26 - Jul 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

We are just an authentic club, with authentic beams, authentic noise, and authentic trophies. That's it really.

You are a copy of an authentic club that has long gone bust.

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 00:28 - Jul 14 with 712 viewsChesham_Saint

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 20:36 - Jul 13 by Butty101

You are a copy of an authentic club that has long gone bust.

Whereas 130 is an authentic, onanistic, pedantic tvvat of the highest order.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 07:47 - Jul 14 with 669 viewsTripleNiemi

Portsmouth FC Some Facts on 19:26 - Jul 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Don't forget the authentic 'bells' as well.

Oops, typo, meant bÄ—llends....

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024