Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops 08:22 - Jul 14 with 3543 viewsgrumpy

from July24th,why does it take 11 days?
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 08:11 - Jul 15 with 757 viewsDellHero

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 10:13 - Jul 14 by SaintNick

Rather than moan at the government why not try to look at some of the reasons why they are phasing it in.

Firstly if they had just announced it and said it goes into virtually immediate affect , there would have been a rush of people buying face masks and within days half the population would own all the face masks which would now be possible to obtain and the other half would have no face masks and be unable to go to the shops.

Secondly the fact they haven't put it into immediate affect could mean they see it as an extra prevention not essential.

Thirdly the number of people using the pubs is minimal compared to the number who have to go shopping.

Fourthly some say it is dithering, but what actual medical evidence do you base that on ? the Government has followed the medical advice virtually to the letter, so perhaps it is not dithering but planning.

I have grown sick of the so called "experts" on social media who know so much more than the government or for that matter anyone else.

The truth is that no one knows whether right or wrong decisions have been made because the medical experts are still unsure of how the disease is transmitted and the cure for it, there has not been years of research into this, it started only 6 months ago, it is trial and error in everything, it is a disease that seems to transmit and grow differently in different countries, different part of those countries and different sections of the population.

No one truly know what the right or wrong things to do are.

I a no lover of the Government, but I do know they have followed the medical advice and whoever was in Governement would be receiving the same advice from the same people and doing the same things.

I also know that if Labour were in power that they would not be getting slaughtered by the Tories for doing exactly this and that is the saddest thing about this, we are not united as a country in beating it, it is a political football

I’m no expert Nick but like a lot of folk I’m educated and capable of doing online research and drawing my own conclusions. Skills I was taught doing a science degree.

The fibre in non-surgical masks is not able to stop the bulk of the virus molecules getting through. The virus is tiny. The Government is doing what the media is ‘telling’ it. Much worse is touch contamination from surfaces. It isn’t getting a mention, at least it isn’t comparable in the media.

So, you put on your ineffective mask, go into a shop, pick up an item, decide you don’t like it, the next masked-up person comes along a few minutes later and picks it up. That person later takes off their mask and in so doing puts their hands to their face to remove their mask. Virus has the opportunity to move on.....

Unless the whole problem of contamination is dealt with there is no point giving people a stick to beat others with - mask weaponisation and virtue signalling.

And as the term that has been used is face covering is it ok for me to wear my batman mask in public. It drives the ladies wild.
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 08:13 - Jul 15 with 749 viewsSadoldgit

Shamelessly stolen from someone else -

Requiring face masks 5 months into a pandemic is like requiring condoms at a baby shower.
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 08:24 - Jul 15 with 747 viewsJaySaint

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 08:13 - Jul 15 by Sadoldgit

Shamelessly stolen from someone else -

Requiring face masks 5 months into a pandemic is like requiring condoms at a baby shower.

seeing as there has been no 2nd wave after all the protests and beach goers, this face mask thing is mere to protect those vulnerable as best possible

im sure at your age, you welcome this?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 08:33 - Jul 15 with 740 viewssledger

If you listen to the medical experts this virus will never be gone,its what medical experts exist for
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 08:36 - Jul 15 with 737 viewsGasGiant

You have to feel sorry for bank robbers and highwaymen at a time like this.
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 08:38 - Jul 15 with 730 viewsSadoldgit

Closing schools - too late
Locking the country down - too late
Protecting care homes - too late
Quarantine for foreign travellers - too late
“World beating” test, track and trace system - too late
Ensuring plentiful supplies of PPE - too late
Mandatory wearing of face masks - too late

Anyone spot a trend here?
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 08:40 - Jul 15 with 732 viewsDellHero

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 08:36 - Jul 15 by GasGiant

You have to feel sorry for bank robbers and highwaymen at a time like this.

There’s a thought. Will it be acceptable to stick a pair of your mum’s old 10 derniers on your face to pop out for some milk? How many heart attacks will this cause....
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 08:49 - Jul 15 with 724 viewsJaySaint

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 08:38 - Jul 15 by Sadoldgit

why was closing schools too late
why was quarantine for travellers too late
PPE? we never ran out
Why is face masks too late? given nil 2nd wave?

your anti-govt rubbish is fecking dull.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 8:50]

Login to get fewer ads

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 09:37 - Jul 15 with 688 views1885_SFC

Yes...

Having to read your daily incessant whining - too late.

Old School is Cool

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 09:55 - Jul 15 with 670 viewsRon11

China admitting it's their fault - not yet
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 14:59 - Jul 15 with 601 viewssaint22

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 16:56 - Jul 14 by Chesham_Saint

It strikes me that about half the posters on here are purely driven by an almost rabid anti Tory agenda. Even if Boris adopted the last Labour manifesto wholesale they’d still think he’s a git.

Personally, I think any government would have struggled with Covid, but we’d have been even deeper in the shit with Corbyn’s proposed cabinet. That said, with the clear out Sir Kier has had, I’m pretty sure they’d be getting some things right (and some wrong). It’s not a time for political point scoring and bed wetting.

As someone once said, “I’m with Nick on this one...“

You are right in that Boris is a git and that’s putting it mildly
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 15:51 - Jul 15 with 573 viewsgrumpy

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 08:24 - Jul 15 by JaySaint

seeing as there has been no 2nd wave after all the protests and beach goers, this face mask thing is mere to protect those vulnerable as best possible

im sure at your age, you welcome this?

We haven't got over the 1st wave yet.
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 16:38 - Jul 15 with 553 viewsthissceptredsaint

Exactly, Blackburn looks next for a re-lockdown, I spoke to a senior nurse this morning they are all expecting full on wave 2 by January. We have over 60000 excess deaths due to the governments appalling handling of this crisis. We have one of the worst records regarding this virus in the world. The level of denial and accomodation of death by some people in our country including on here is truly disturbing
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 17:25 - Jul 15 with 539 viewsJaySaint

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 15:51 - Jul 15 by grumpy

We haven't got over the 1st wave yet.

oh right...so when we have mass protests once the 1st wave is over, then we will see a huge spike?

right-e-ho

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 17:39 - Jul 15 with 528 viewsgrumpy

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 17:25 - Jul 15 by JaySaint

oh right...so when we have mass protests once the 1st wave is over, then we will see a huge spike?

right-e-ho

What on earth are you talking about?
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 18:40 - Jul 15 with 508 viewsSadoldgit

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 09:55 - Jul 15 by Ron11

China admitting it's their fault - not yet

I’m not sure what difference that makes to the handling of a pandemic, and shouldn’t you be busy running your next election campaign Donald?
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 20:13 - Jul 15 with 478 views1ASIN12

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 18:40 - Jul 15 by Sadoldgit

I’m not sure what difference that makes to the handling of a pandemic, and shouldn’t you be busy running your next election campaign Donald?

I did ask earlier but you may have missed it.

Have you and your family been wearing a face covering for the past few weeks when in shops etc?
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 20:29 - Jul 15 with 471 viewsChesham_Saint

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 14:59 - Jul 15 by saint22

You are right in that Boris is a git and that’s putting it mildly

Whoosh...!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 20:32 - Jul 15 with 466 viewsJaySaint

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 20:13 - Jul 15 by 1ASIN12

Have you and your family been wearing a face covering for the past few weeks when in shops etc?

His silence is violence

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 20:35 - Jul 15 with 459 viewsSadoldgit

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 20:13 - Jul 15 by 1ASIN12

No. As far as I know, it hasn’t been mandatory. I did wear a face covering once in a supermarket but very few other people were and none of the supermarket staff wore one so I haven’t bothered since. Obviously, if it was mandatory before I would have worn one.
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 20:52 - Jul 15 with 454 views1ASIN12

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 20:35 - Jul 15 by Sadoldgit

No. As far as I know, it hasn’t been mandatory. I did wear a face covering once in a supermarket but very few other people were and none of the supermarket staff wore one so I haven’t bothered since. Obviously, if it was mandatory before I would have worn one.

Thanks for being honest.

Though I do find is strange as I got the impression you thought that the waering of face coverings when out in shops etc is a good idea.

If that was the case why do you need to be told to wear them?

If you believed it to be a good idea then surely you and your family should have been wearing them all the time?

We all have to do our bit to help reduce the spread - keeping 2m appart, wearing face coverings, washing hands etc etc.

I have been wearing a face covering since mid May.
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 21:58 - Jul 15 with 434 viewsSadoldgit

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 20:52 - Jul 15 by 1ASIN12

Thanks for being honest.

Though I do find is strange as I got the impression you thought that the waering of face coverings when out in shops etc is a good idea.

If that was the case why do you need to be told to wear them?

If you believed it to be a good idea then surely you and your family should have been wearing them all the time?

We all have to do our bit to help reduce the spread - keeping 2m appart, wearing face coverings, washing hands etc etc.

I have been wearing a face covering since mid May.

I haven’t been out much until the last couple of weeks but it isn’t just about me is it? If I wear a mask and few others do what difference will that make? Up until a few days time it isn’t a big deal then overnight if you go shopping without one you get £100 fine. Don’t you think the vast majority of government advice has been wishy washy? Stay home unless you can’t. It may or may not be a good idea to wear a face covering. Stay alert. Self isolate if you have the virus unless you are a government adviser or his wife. We aren’t going to quarantine foreign travellers. Yes we are. Well not all of them. We have put a ring of steel around care homes (no we didn’t Matt).

We seem to be doing the right things, but not at the right times. The sad thing is that this isn’t about political point scoring, it is about the needless loss of lives.

Did you see Starmer and Johnson again today. One looks like a mature, sensible leader and the other looks like a clueless, childish chancer who is totally in the wrong job. The bad news for us all is that we are stuck with the latter for several more years.
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 22:35 - Jul 15 with 417 viewsBuggalugs

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 21:58 - Jul 15 by Sadoldgit

I haven’t been out much until the last couple of weeks but it isn’t just about me is it? If I wear a mask and few others do what difference will that make? Up until a few days time it isn’t a big deal then overnight if you go shopping without one you get £100 fine. Don’t you think the vast majority of government advice has been wishy washy? Stay home unless you can’t. It may or may not be a good idea to wear a face covering. Stay alert. Self isolate if you have the virus unless you are a government adviser or his wife. We aren’t going to quarantine foreign travellers. Yes we are. Well not all of them. We have put a ring of steel around care homes (no we didn’t Matt).

We seem to be doing the right things, but not at the right times. The sad thing is that this isn’t about political point scoring, it is about the needless loss of lives.

Did you see Starmer and Johnson again today. One looks like a mature, sensible leader and the other looks like a clueless, childish chancer who is totally in the wrong job. The bad news for us all is that we are stuck with the latter for several more years.

You do talk nonsense and are fooling no-one by saying it’s not about political point-scoring. You might be irritating, but you’re not stupid, so why do you need to follow the government's advice/guidelines to the letter, especially when you think they’re making such a mess of it?

You’re slating them for not making masks mandatory from day one, yet you haven’t been wearing one. If you believe they’ll help contain the spread the virus, wear one ffs. If you think you’re vulnerable and are scared to go out, don’t go out. If you think opening the pubs was wrong, don’t go to the pub. It’s really not hard.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 23:03 - Jul 15 with 401 viewsWaylander

Is anyone out there selling reusable Southampton FC masks?
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 08:22 - Jul 16 with 355 viewsSadoldgit

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 22:35 - Jul 15 by Buggalugs

You do talk nonsense and are fooling no-one by saying it’s not about political point-scoring. You might be irritating, but you’re not stupid, so why do you need to follow the government's advice/guidelines to the letter, especially when you think they’re making such a mess of it?

You’re slating them for not making masks mandatory from day one, yet you haven’t been wearing one. If you believe they’ll help contain the spread the virus, wear one ffs. If you think you’re vulnerable and are scared to go out, don’t go out. If you think opening the pubs was wrong, don’t go to the pub. It’s really not hard.

You completely miss the point. What difference does it make if a very few people wear masks. It only works if most people do. I went to the pub because I thought there would be plenty of room. There was at first. When there wasn’t, we left. What is wrong with that?
Lockdown worked because most people abided by the rules. The rest has been a useless fudge that has cost many more lives than it had to. Have you noticed how little is being said about test, track and trace now? This was supposed to be the “world beating” system that was going to lead us out of lockdown. It has been a farce so far, as has been the “policy” on wearing masks. Don’t you understand that leaving things up to the sensible people of this great country has already been a recipe for disaster? People need to be told what to do and will do it if the message is consistent and is delivered properly. The chancellor doesn’t understand where he needs to wear a masks and a few days ago Gove contradicted Johnson about wearing masks. This is what you are defending.

As for political point scoring, do you really think that the next election will be one on the Internet football forums in England? We could spend all day every day pointing out the weaknesses of the present government but as we have seen before, it doesn’t stop the turkeys voting for Christmas.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 8:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024