Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Eat Out to Help Out“ 13:26 - Aug 3 with 9273 viewsPatfromPoole

Any Uglies doing this over the next 3 days????

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 13:53 - Aug 14 with 1460 viewsBoris_

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 13:50 - Aug 14 by grumpy

So all your opinions are true and anyone who disagree are wrong?

Did I say that? I said they are my opinions and I don't let political agenda's cloud them.

There are some examples ( Eat Out To Help Out being one ) where clearly the likes of Soppy are moaning about it just because they want to relentlessly moan about everything.

There is no rational reason to think this scheme is a bad one. It's a fantastic one on so many levels which has completely transformed peoples attitudes to eating out and will save hundreds of thousands of jobs.

Unfortunately people such as Soppy, Ian, 22 and yourself are completely incapable of praising the government for anything, such is your extreme left wing bias and hatred for Boris.

Poll: Claude Puel

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 17:01 - Aug 14 with 1393 viewsgrumpy

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 13:53 - Aug 14 by Boris_

Did I say that? I said they are my opinions and I don't let political agenda's cloud them.

There are some examples ( Eat Out To Help Out being one ) where clearly the likes of Soppy are moaning about it just because they want to relentlessly moan about everything.

There is no rational reason to think this scheme is a bad one. It's a fantastic one on so many levels which has completely transformed peoples attitudes to eating out and will save hundreds of thousands of jobs.

Unfortunately people such as Soppy, Ian, 22 and yourself are completely incapable of praising the government for anything, such is your extreme left wing bias and hatred for Boris.

This what you said
'none of my opinions are fabricated or exaggerated, they are all true'
So if someone disagrees with them they are wrong?

I don't let politics cloud my opinions either.

Its ridiculous to say that the scheme has 'completely transformed peoples attitudes to eating out' they are just taking advantage of the discount and will not save hundreds of thousands of jobs.The only way that will happen is when social distancing comes to a end, because at the moment its not cost effective to run businesses like that.

As for these slogans that they keep putting out its just getting pathetic now.Perhaps they could manufacture T Shirts with them on.
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 19:29 - Aug 14 with 1341 viewskernow

Stopped off on the Barbican in Plymouth to get a feed before boarding the ferry.
Cod and chips, mushy peas £8.50 on the menu.
Charged £4.50 in line with "eat out to help out" incentive.
Ansome some tartare sauce in that case.
Lets push the boat out.
Glad to help out. X
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 20:45 - Aug 14 with 1307 viewsSalisburySaint

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 19:29 - Aug 14 by kernow

Stopped off on the Barbican in Plymouth to get a feed before boarding the ferry.
Cod and chips, mushy peas £8.50 on the menu.
Charged £4.50 in line with "eat out to help out" incentive.
Ansome some tartare sauce in that case.
Lets push the boat out.
Glad to help out. X

I’ve been doing my bit for local businesses throughout the lockdown and continuing it now by getting one takeaway a week , some of which would in normal circumstances be open as restaurants, but not used current scheme though, although might do for sons 21st next week
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 21:20 - Aug 14 with 1289 viewsBicester_North

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 17:01 - Aug 14 by grumpy

This what you said
'none of my opinions are fabricated or exaggerated, they are all true'
So if someone disagrees with them they are wrong?

I don't let politics cloud my opinions either.

Its ridiculous to say that the scheme has 'completely transformed peoples attitudes to eating out' they are just taking advantage of the discount and will not save hundreds of thousands of jobs.The only way that will happen is when social distancing comes to a end, because at the moment its not cost effective to run businesses like that.

As for these slogans that they keep putting out its just getting pathetic now.Perhaps they could manufacture T Shirts with them on.

What’s pathetic about the slogan Eat out to help out? Governments have used slogans for decades and it’s proven to help campaigns sink in with the public.

Would you rather they just didn’t bother trying to assist? What would you do to help these businesses?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 21:20]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 21:42 - Aug 14 with 1263 viewsgrumpy

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 21:20 - Aug 14 by Bicester_North

What’s pathetic about the slogan Eat out to help out? Governments have used slogans for decades and it’s proven to help campaigns sink in with the public.

Would you rather they just didn’t bother trying to assist? What would you do to help these businesses?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 21:20]

I get this picture of people stuffing themselves at Fast food outlets between Monday and Wednesday when we should be careful how we eat,especially at this time,I don't think that is what you call assisting.
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 21:45 - Aug 14 with 1257 viewsBicester_North

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 21:42 - Aug 14 by grumpy

I get this picture of people stuffing themselves at Fast food outlets between Monday and Wednesday when we should be careful how we eat,especially at this time,I don't think that is what you call assisting.

If this upsets you, maybe patrol the streets of Southampton with a placard saying “stay in to stay thin” and bellow your views at fat people going in and out of these establishments.
Or throw lettuce and cabbage at them and the staff of the restaurants to demonstrate your outrage.

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 21:47 - Aug 14 with 1254 viewsgrumpy

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 21:45 - Aug 14 by Bicester_North

If this upsets you, maybe patrol the streets of Southampton with a placard saying “stay in to stay thin” and bellow your views at fat people going in and out of these establishments.
Or throw lettuce and cabbage at them and the staff of the restaurants to demonstrate your outrage.

Childish nonsense, grow up.
Login to get fewer ads

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 22:12 - Aug 14 with 1230 viewsBicester_North

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 21:47 - Aug 14 by grumpy

What a barrel of laughs you are

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 23:51 - Aug 14 with 1182 viewshedgeend61

Don't eat at the Fast Food outlets, but this incentive could save some restaurants and jobs, whether they're busy later in the week or not as they could/may do enough early weekdays to keep afloat.
Only been using Beefeater and Bar and Block and you can only get lunchtime slots, which tbh, with Champions League on suits, but getting fillet steak and chips for around 11£ is blinding and i'm in twice a week during August to help out as can't really buy and cook it that cheap.

My old Dad when he was alive used to say, it's better to try and fail than not bother trying at all.
Give credit for trying something.
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 08:01 - Aug 15 with 1129 viewsBison

Grumps I don't thînk you have a clue how this is working which makes your outrage even more bizarre . This offer is only for meals where you have to sit down to eat so if you go to McDonald's , Burger King , KFC or Chinese or Indian takeaways and get 'food to go' you don't get the discount. So this is helping all those bar staff , waiters and waitresses , chefs , cleaning staff who clean up after us and many other probabally mimnimum wage employees who need the work to feed their families .

Your comments about fat yob's not eating what you consider to be not the correct food just shows how out of touch you are with the real world. Perhaps try your favourite restaurant to see what it's like or if not just eat that chip on your shoulder.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 08:20 - Aug 15 with 1119 viewsThermosNBlanket

So an example of how good this scheme is - a Chinese in Baddesley got slated in food hygiene
Think new owners came in cleaned up every time went past it was empty.
We went on Monday it was packed the owner is a lovely man and deserves his restaurant to be packed.
We will go again when this scheme finishes it’s restored people’s faith encouraging people out.

Lifes a marathon not a sprint

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 09:52 - Aug 15 with 1090 viewsgrumpy

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 08:01 - Aug 15 by Bison

Grumps I don't thînk you have a clue how this is working which makes your outrage even more bizarre . This offer is only for meals where you have to sit down to eat so if you go to McDonald's , Burger King , KFC or Chinese or Indian takeaways and get 'food to go' you don't get the discount. So this is helping all those bar staff , waiters and waitresses , chefs , cleaning staff who clean up after us and many other probabally mimnimum wage employees who need the work to feed their families .

Your comments about fat yob's not eating what you consider to be not the correct food just shows how out of touch you are with the real world. Perhaps try your favourite restaurant to see what it's like or if not just eat that chip on your shoulder.

So you can sit down and get your 2 big macs etc,that's ok then.
While I do think there are some who consider that they helping the economy there are those that are just doing it for the discount.
There are too many places to eat,particularly in Southampton.The whole of the top floor of West Quay is devoted to do just that.Watermark is almost completely devoted to restaurants,not to mention the rest of town.
While I have sympathy with those that work in those places,we really need to look at ourselves in this country.
We have become a nation of shopkeepers(Napoleon quote).
We need to build on manufacturing not just selling what others have produced.
Look at Southampton,what happened to The East Street Shopping Centre,The Bargate Shopping Centre,why have do we have the Marlands Shopping Centre?West Quay Shopping Centre is going to struggle.
We have a obesity problem in this country,just be careful out there folks that's all I am saying.
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 10:36 - Aug 15 with 1059 viewsJaySaint

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 09:52 - Aug 15 by grumpy

While I do think there are some who consider that they helping the economy there are those that are just doing it for the discount.
There are too many places to eat,particularly in Southampton.The whole of the top floor of West Quay is devoted to do just that.Watermark is almost completely devoted to restaurants,not to mention the rest of town.
While I have sympathy with those that work in those places,we really need to look at ourselves in this country.
Look at Southampton,what happened to The East Street Shopping Centre,The Bargate Shopping Centre,why have do we have the Marlands Shopping Centre?West Quay Shopping Centre is going to struggle.
We have a obesity problem in this country,just be careful out there folks that's all I am saying.

not really much to do about a 4 week scheme to help those with jobs have a chance

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 11:08 - Aug 15 with 1042 viewsBoris_

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 09:52 - Aug 15 by grumpy

Oh dear Grumps, your political cry-babying and self righteousness has got you in a spot of bother here.

You know that hardly any fast food restaurants are open for eating in, don't you?

On the manufacturing. Great idea there Grumps. So what do you suggest we do in order to be competitive in manufacturing industries? For clothing for example, they are made in China, India, Turkey and Pakistan mainly. Why? Because they can pay their staff £1 an hour and labour makes up the vast majority of the cost of producing a garment.

So I am keen to know your master plan to make the UK competitive in manufacturing industries again. I assume you've thought about this?

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 11:10 - Aug 15 with 1039 viewsBoris_

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 21:47 - Aug 14 by grumpy

You're a fookin odd character mush. I wonder if you, 22, Ian and Soppy are related as all you 4 do is spend your time on here moaning and crying to a bunch of strangers on a football forum.

Have you not ever questioned how you spend your time?

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 11:43 - Aug 15 with 1021 viewsDellHero

Love the fact you can look at a long thread on here that starts with something innocuous and decide not to read all 66 posts but just the first and last. You can guarantee the last post will be someone (doesn’t matter who) slagging someone else

Where’s the love gone
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 11:59 - Aug 15 with 1006 viewssaint22

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 11:10 - Aug 15 by Boris_

You're a fookin odd character mush. I wonder if you, 22, Ian and Soppy are related as all you 4 do is spend your time on here moaning and crying to a bunch of strangers on a football forum.

That’s rich coming from the self serving Tory trying to maximise any scheme he can to line his pockets and who jumps on every post he disagrees with
Your type are why this country and it’s society is in meltdown
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 12:07 - Aug 15 with 1000 viewsBoris_

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 11:59 - Aug 15 by saint22

That’s rich coming from the self serving Tory trying to maximise any scheme he can to line his pockets and who jumps on every post he disagrees with

I've used the schemes for what they are there for mush and doubled our head count in the last 5 months. Not only have we kept people in employment, we're putting more people back in to work.

No need to thank me.

Have you worked out Stamp Duty yet so you can pretend to own a house?
[Post edited 15 Aug 2020 12:07]

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 12:41 - Aug 15 with 974 viewsBicester_North

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 11:59 - Aug 15 by saint22

Fire fire gentrifier

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 13:09 - Aug 15 with 945 viewsSadoldgit

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 11:10 - Aug 15 by Boris_

Pot
Kettle
Black

Plus zero self awareness.
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 13:49 - Aug 15 with 923 viewsgrumpy

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 11:08 - Aug 15 by Boris_

Oh dear Grumps, your political cry-babying and self righteousness has got you in a spot of bother here.

You know that hardly any fast food restaurants are open for eating in, don't you?

On the manufacturing. Great idea there Grumps. So what do you suggest we do in order to be competitive in manufacturing industries? For clothing for example, they are made in China, India, Turkey and Pakistan mainly. Why? Because they can pay their staff £1 an hour and labour makes up the vast majority of the cost of producing a garment.

So I am keen to know your master plan to make the UK competitive in manufacturing industries again. I assume you've thought about this?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/12190304/mcdonalds-dine-in-restaurants/
https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/03/mcdonalds-eat-help-scheme-what-are-current-menu-p
There's over 700 for a start....

I went to a lecture by Digby Jones who served as Minister of State for Trade and Investment and he thought the country should concentrate on the high end manufacturing.

You haven't told me the name of your successful business in the high street yet,I intrigued perhaps we could all learn something.
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 14:00 - Aug 15 with 909 viewsBicester_North

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 13:49 - Aug 15 by grumpy

https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/03/mcdonalds-eat-help-scheme-what-are-current-menu-p

I went to a lecture by Digby Jones who served as Minister of State for Trade and Investment and he thought the country should concentrate on the high end manufacturing.

You haven't told me the name of your successful business in the high street yet,I intrigued perhaps we could all learn something.

Digby Jones thinks Johnson and Sunak are doing a good job with the economy through Coronavirus.

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 14:02 - Aug 15 with 908 viewsBoris_

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 13:49 - Aug 15 by grumpy

It's not open yet Grumps so I'd hardly call it successful just yet but thanks for the compliment. It's just a little side hustle.

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 14:24 - Aug 15 with 892 viewssaint22

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 13:09 - Aug 15 by Sadoldgit

Pot
Kettle
Black

Plus zero self awareness.

It’s exactly that and the I couldntgiveash1tness entitled attitude that purveys this country now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024