Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Ings called up for England 14:15 - Aug 25 with 1811 viewsBenali_Saint

England have called up Danny Ings for the 2 Nations league games against Iceland and Denmark.

He is joined by JWP

Well deserved
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 14:34]
Danny Ings called up for England on 14:58 - Aug 25 with 1743 viewsTimSaint

Don't want either player anywhere near the England squad if possible.
They get tapped up by other players ala Lallana etc
Still, I guess Ings is only being picked because Kane is supposed to be in isolation after his holiday.
Only silver lining is that it bumps up the value of both Ings and JWP, so should help quash the latest Everton and Spurs clickbait lazy journalism rumours.

TimSaint

Danny Ings called up for England on 15:07 - Aug 25 with 1729 viewsSadoldgit

We can’t have it both ways. If we want a decent team to support then the players are likely to get called up by their countries. Poorer quality players won’t, but we will have a poorer quality team to support. Well deserved for both of them.
Danny Ings called up for England on 16:18 - Aug 25 with 1695 viewsericofarabia

I'm with Tim, although great to have players efforts rewarded with a Call Up, I'd rather it be after the Transfer window is shut in Oct. This call up also affects the build up to the opening game of the season as well, not to mention possible injuries.
Danny Ings called up for England on 16:42 - Aug 25 with 1676 viewsSadoldgit

Back in the day I used to love watching Ron Davies play for Wales or Mick Channin playing for England. Who can forget Ricky coming on and scoring straight away in his debut?
Danny Ings called up for England on 17:24 - Aug 25 with 1643 viewsdirk_doone

Danny Ings called up for England on 16:42 - Aug 25 by Sadoldgit

Back in the day I used to love watching Ron Davies play for Wales or Mick Channin playing for England. Who can forget Ricky coming on and scoring straight away in his debut?

Agreed. I always enjoy seeing Saints players in the England team and like to be there when they make their debuts. Being at Wembley when Rickie Lambert scored the winner against Scotland was one of the highlights. It will be great if Ings and Ward-Prowse both get to play.

Good to see Stuart Armstrong in the Scotland squad too.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 17:25]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Danny Ings called up for England on 17:36 - Aug 25 with 1632 viewskingslandstand1

Danny Ings called up for England on 15:07 - Aug 25 by Sadoldgit

We can’t have it both ways. If we want a decent team to support then the players are likely to get called up by their countries. Poorer quality players won’t, but we will have a poorer quality team to support. Well deserved for both of them.

Also with our players being called up, it could entice other quality players in knowing you can get in to international squads at a "provincial" club

But I also worry about the tapping up a bit
Danny Ings called up for England on 17:38 - Aug 25 with 1627 viewskingslandstand1

Danny Ings called up for England on 17:24 - Aug 25 by dirk_doone

Agreed. I always enjoy seeing Saints players in the England team and like to be there when they make their debuts. Being at Wembley when Rickie Lambert scored the winner against Scotland was one of the highlights. It will be great if Ings and Ward-Prowse both get to play.

Good to see Stuart Armstrong in the Scotland squad too.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 17:25]

I remember being at Wembley back in the day to see England (against Finland from memory, 5-1?) and Steve Williams playing. Felt really proud!
Danny Ings called up for England on 22:27 - Aug 25 with 1513 viewsSonicBoom

Got to be honest, I'm surprised that some of those midfielders got in before Grealish.
Login to get fewer ads

Danny Ings called up for England on 22:44 - Aug 25 with 1497 viewsgrumpy

I know it’s selfish,but rather he didn’t get picked, particularly with his injury record.Well done Danny anyway.
Danny Ings called up for England on 22:50 - Aug 25 with 1489 viewsSaintNick

Danny Ings called up for England on 22:44 - Aug 25 by grumpy

I know it’s selfish,but rather he didn’t get picked, particularly with his injury record.Well done Danny anyway.

Ings had the best goals to minutes ratio of any Premier league striker

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Danny Ings called up for England on 10:24 - Aug 26 with 1375 viewsMessysaints

Danny Ings called up for England on 22:27 - Aug 25 by SonicBoom

Got to be honest, I'm surprised that some of those midfielders got in before Grealish.

alot of gd players play in his posistion already, those players also contribute to defending phases of the game instead of just strolling back not even helping his team mates who are fighting a relegation battle....

cant have passangers on the international stage.....
Danny Ings called up for England on 11:25 - Aug 26 with 1340 viewsChesham_Saint

Danny Ings called up for England on 22:44 - Aug 25 by grumpy

Fair point Grumps. If he didn’t get picked though he’d get cheesed off assuming it was because he was at a “smaller club” and look to go elsewhere? Either way we could be screwed.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Danny Ings called up for England on 23:12 - Aug 26 with 1263 viewsdarthvader

Danny Ings called up for England on 22:27 - Aug 25 by SonicBoom

Good player but always thought there was something not quite right with him though.

Gets 'fouled' alot or at least goes down too easy and his temperament although improved, is a bit suspect . Glad he's been left out.

Shame that Bertrand isn't in as there's no left back?

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024