Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rule Britannia! 15:32 - Aug 25 with 10004 viewsSadoldgit

So the BBC have compromised and have not banned this and Land of Hope and Glory from the Proms, an instrumental version will be played instead. Seems sensible not to be singing Britains never never never shall be slaves at a time like this, but Boris Johnson doesn’t agree. Perhaps it is time he went on a diversity course?
Rule Britannia! on 18:56 - Sep 4 with 1209 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 20:42 - Sep 3 by Bridders2

Mmmm, that's the problem.

To be fair, we do ask for it. The whole white supremacy thing has done us no favours over the years.
Rule Britannia! on 19:14 - Sep 4 with 1193 viewsBridders2

Rule Britannia! on 18:56 - Sep 4 by Sadoldgit

To be fair, we do ask for it. The whole white supremacy thing has done us no favours over the years.

I don't think being racist to white people helps. Do you? Gammon refers to the colour of someone's skin.
Rule Britannia! on 20:01 - Sep 4 with 1173 viewsBazza

Rule Britannia! on 18:56 - Sep 4 by Sadoldgit

Think you’re talking about Rhodesia not the uk
Rule Britannia! on 20:30 - Sep 4 with 1155 viewsDorsetIan

Rule Britannia! on 19:14 - Sep 4 by Bridders2

I don't think being racist to white people helps. Do you? Gammon refers to the colour of someone's skin.

Technically, I don't think it's a reference to them being white.

Isn't it more a reference to their red faces when getting very angry at having been told that they were mugged off by those who persuaded them to vote Brexit? They've disappeared a bit of late, but the TV discussion programmes were full of them in the early days after 2016.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Rule Britannia! on 23:04 - Sep 4 with 1111 viewsBicester_North

Rule Britannia! on 20:30 - Sep 4 by DorsetIan

Technically, I don't think it's a reference to them being white.

Isn't it more a reference to their red faces when getting very angry at having been told that they were mugged off by those who persuaded them to vote Brexit? They've disappeared a bit of late, but the TV discussion programmes were full of them in the early days after 2016.

Let’s face it, it was quite amusing when it was first used, now, like all other social media driven buzzwords it’s only used by inadequate, internet addicted, ugly try hards who have no independent thought process, sex life, or social life.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Rule Britannia! on 23:11 - Sep 4 with 1106 viewsBison

Rule Britannia! on 23:04 - Sep 4 by Bicester_North

Let’s face it, it was quite amusing when it was first used, now, like all other social media driven buzzwords it’s only used by inadequate, internet addicted, ugly try hards who have no independent thought process, sex life, or social life.

You can't be referring to Arthur then as he has a sex life , Mrs Hucksake ....

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Rule Britannia! on 23:18 - Sep 4 with 1098 viewsBicester_North

Rule Britannia! on 23:11 - Sep 4 by Bison

You can't be referring to Arthur then as he has a sex life , Mrs Hucksake ....

Look at her, no wonder she can’t keep the kitchen clean in their filthy hovel!

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Rule Britannia! on 02:33 - Sep 5 with 1073 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 20:01 - Sep 4 by Bazza

Think you’re talking about Rhodesia not the uk

So it’s the Rhodesians barking racist comments to black footballers over here? Not so long ago the Met was found to be “inherently racist”. Full of Rhodesians? Was it Rhodesians who caused the American Civil War? Let’s face it, racism is mainly the preserve of white people from all over the planet.
Login to get fewer ads

Rule Britannia! on 09:18 - Sep 5 with 1040 viewsBazza

Rule Britannia! on 02:33 - Sep 5 by Sadoldgit

So it’s the Rhodesians barking racist comments to black footballers over here? Not so long ago the Met was found to be “inherently racist”. Full of Rhodesians? Was it Rhodesians who caused the American Civil War? Let’s face it, racism is mainly the preserve of white people from all over the planet.

You misunderstand my point. Rhodesia and South Africa were clearly racist societies. The UK is not though there are racist individuals as evidenced by certain rappers. As you keep ignoring most of this planet has taken slaves, Moslems under Saladin for example enslaved whites. But that doesn’t suit your political agenda, never mind the facts eh ?
Rule Britannia! on 09:32 - Sep 5 with 1036 viewsarfurdent

Rule Britannia! on 09:18 - Sep 5 by Bazza

You misunderstand my point. Rhodesia and South Africa were clearly racist societies. The UK is not though there are racist individuals as evidenced by certain rappers. As you keep ignoring most of this planet has taken slaves, Moslems under Saladin for example enslaved whites. But that doesn’t suit your political agenda, never mind the facts eh ?

suggesting that "Moslems under Saladin for example enslaved whites" is a racist statement that could get you locked up

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Rule Britannia! on 09:36 - Sep 5 with 1036 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 09:18 - Sep 5 by Bazza

Oh dear. And you say I have missed the point. Yes, various nations have enslaved others over the years or treated other nations badly but look at the scale of the actions of white Europeans in the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries. Look at the race to build empires in the early 20th century. The way the indigenous populations in places like the Americas, Australia and New Zealand were treated. There are still plenty of white people in Europe who believe that they are superior. Not on the historical scale as mentioned but it is the reason we have BLM. My agenda is that all people are the same and should be treated the same. What is yours?
Rule Britannia! on 12:43 - Sep 5 with 989 viewskentsouthampton

The gammon's guide to not having a racist bone in your body
5th September 2019

BIGOTED bones are terrible. I had a granddad who suffered. But today’s gammons don’t have a racist bone in them. Here’s why:

Evolution

My great-uncle Horace had a jingoistic femur that got shot to smithereens at the Somme. He was a better person afterwards. But such radical solutions are no longer necessary because we’ve simply evolved not to be racist. For example, I fancy Rihanna.

I don’t see colour

I just don’t even notice colour. If there’s a bone in the eye that makes you think differently about race, I haven’t got it. For example if everyone I knew was white and I never hired any ethnic minority and didn’t like being in lifts with them, I’d never know.

Some of my best friends know black people

Reg, Alan, Graham and Tony down the Railway Tavern, they’re all white but x-ray them and you won’t find a xenophobic vertebrae. A couple of them know coloured types and they say they’re alright. Tony was born in bloody Rhodesia. I mean come on.

We can take a joke and so should they

Everyone’s different, aren’t they? So jokes about the thick Irish are no less discriminatory than telling Manesh behind the bar he needs to get home to his six wives. There’s nothing racist about the funnybone. Everyone’s got one, apart from the f*cking Germans.

A family moved in next door to me and I sold up and moved, but it was nothing to do them being Asian

I’m sure they were lovely people. Looked lovely, smelled lovely, the lot. It’s just London’s full of them now and half my non-racist mates moved to Southend and I missed their non-racist company. Also, it’s easier to be non-racist when you’re among your own. That’s how it is.
Rule Britannia! on 12:52 - Sep 5 with 980 viewsBazza

Rule Britannia! on 09:36 - Sep 5 by Sadoldgit

Oh dear. And you say I have missed the point. Yes, various nations have enslaved others over the years or treated other nations badly but look at the scale of the actions of white Europeans in the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries. Look at the race to build empires in the early 20th century. The way the indigenous populations in places like the Americas, Australia and New Zealand were treated. There are still plenty of white people in Europe who believe that they are superior. Not on the historical scale as mentioned but it is the reason we have BLM. My agenda is that all people are the same and should be treated the same. What is yours?

In case your question is not rhetorical my agenda is the same as yours. But be aware that BLM agenda is not the same.
Rule Britannia! on 13:24 - Sep 5 with 967 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 12:52 - Sep 5 by Bazza

In case your question is not rhetorical my agenda is the same as yours. But be aware that BLM agenda is not the same.

I’m not interested in BLM as an organisation Bazza, I am interested as BLM as a principle.
Rule Britannia! on 22:26 - Sep 12 with 890 viewsSadoldgit

We don’t usually watch the last night at the Proms but did tonight as there wasn’t much on. There was a reworking of Jerusalem which was truly bizarre. The good news for those anti wokes and snowflakes amongst us, the words to Rule Britannia were sung.
Rule Britannia! on 23:48 - Sep 12 with 858 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Rule Britannia! on 12:43 - Sep 5 by kentsouthampton

The gammon's guide to not having a racist bone in your body
5th September 2019

BIGOTED bones are terrible. I had a granddad who suffered. But today’s gammons don’t have a racist bone in them. Here’s why:

Evolution

My great-uncle Horace had a jingoistic femur that got shot to smithereens at the Somme. He was a better person afterwards. But such radical solutions are no longer necessary because we’ve simply evolved not to be racist. For example, I fancy Rihanna.

I don’t see colour

I just don’t even notice colour. If there’s a bone in the eye that makes you think differently about race, I haven’t got it. For example if everyone I knew was white and I never hired any ethnic minority and didn’t like being in lifts with them, I’d never know.

Some of my best friends know black people

Reg, Alan, Graham and Tony down the Railway Tavern, they’re all white but x-ray them and you won’t find a xenophobic vertebrae. A couple of them know coloured types and they say they’re alright. Tony was born in bloody Rhodesia. I mean come on.

We can take a joke and so should they

Everyone’s different, aren’t they? So jokes about the thick Irish are no less discriminatory than telling Manesh behind the bar he needs to get home to his six wives. There’s nothing racist about the funnybone. Everyone’s got one, apart from the f*cking Germans.

A family moved in next door to me and I sold up and moved, but it was nothing to do them being Asian

I’m sure they were lovely people. Looked lovely, smelled lovely, the lot. It’s just London’s full of them now and half my non-racist mates moved to Southend and I missed their non-racist company. Also, it’s easier to be non-racist when you’re among your own. That’s how it is.

I have an issue with the "I don't see colour" statement. Why is this now bad?

Martin Luther King: "not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character?"

If I'm suddenly out of touch with the world, then f'**k off.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Rule Britannia! on 09:33 - Sep 13 with 803 viewsDorsetIan

Rule Britannia! on 23:48 - Sep 12 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I have an issue with the "I don't see colour" statement. Why is this now bad?

Martin Luther King: "not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character?"

If I'm suddenly out of touch with the world, then f'**k off.

The argument is that the phrase ‘I don’t see colour’ is too trite. That it trivialises the problem of race and that it’s not true because we all do see colour and, for most of us (me included) we have unconscious prejudices around it even if we don’t hold racist views.

i take the point though that it seems a contradiction to say that the colour of people’s skin is not important and then to criticise those who say ‘I don’t see colour’. When I was at university, I fell off my chair when I saw The Black Society with a sign which said ‘Black is not just a colour’.

Maybe ‘I try not to see colour’ is a better description of what a non-racist is all about.

Rule Britannia! on 09:52 - Sep 13 with 785 viewsJaySaint

Rule Britannia! on 09:33 - Sep 13 by DorsetIan

The argument is that the phrase ‘I don’t see colour’ is too trite. That it trivialises the problem of race and that it’s not true because we all do see colour and, for most of us (me included) we have unconscious prejudices around it even if we don’t hold racist views.

i take the point though that it seems a contradiction to say that the colour of people’s skin is not important and then to criticise those who say ‘I don’t see colour’. When I was at university, I fell off my chair when I saw The Black Society with a sign which said ‘Black is not just a colour’.

Maybe ‘I try not to see colour’ is a better description of what a non-racist is all about.

consider yourself 'educated' General....

it will change in a few years anyway

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Rule Britannia! on 10:06 - Sep 13 with 780 viewsSadoldgit

I think that we are all inherently tribal still which is no surprise given that it is one of the reason we have survived and thrived as a species. The problem is someone’s skin colour immediately marks them out as being from a different tribe so I guess initial reactions will immediately be that this person could be a threat. Thousands of years of programming will not change over night, things have been changing for a while, but we still have some way to go. Being “woke” is used as a pejorative thing which is a shame as the more “woke” we become the less prejudice there will be in the world. Tribalism worked when we were hunter gatherers, spread sparsely across the planet but it evolved into something more threatening through the creation of empires and colonial rule. The way forward is to become one tribe. It is the best way to deal with massive issues like global warming, pandemics, the global economy etc. The more that countries put their own interests first, the more we remain rooted in outdated, outmoded, unhelpful behavial patterns. Donald Trumps Neanderthal rhetoric about making America great again and putting America first just recycled everything that the human race got wrong in the 20th century. The issue of global warming gives us a chance to put tribal issues to one side and to work together for the common good. We need to elect world leaders who subscribe to that vision and ditch the likes of Trump, Putin, Johnson etc.

Phew! A bit heavy for a Sunday morning!

Ok, time to do some gardening...
Rule Britannia! on 10:41 - Sep 13 with 766 viewsDorsetIan

Rule Britannia! on 09:52 - Sep 13 by JaySaint

consider yourself 'educated' General....

it will change in a few years anyway

He did ask.

How will it change?

Rule Britannia! on 12:24 - Sep 13 with 734 viewsgrumpy

I will never understand this desperation to be on our own again.
I have done a lot of travelling through Europe and there is a lot we could learn from Countries like France,Spain,Italy etc as indeed they could learn from us.
We are stronger together,remember we have Roman,Saxon,French and Scandinavian blood in us.
Doing deals with the likes of Japan which is not much different than what we have already with the EU is pathetic.
Breaking International Law is so wrong,on a deal it took 3 years to get and which Boris said was such a great deal,just before a general election.
Boris Johnson will break up the EU union and our own, that will be a sad day.
Rule Britannia! on 12:54 - Sep 13 with 728 viewsSadoldgit

We are lucky to have such a wide range of cultural diversity on our doorstep. It’s a shame we are becoming more insular at a time when the world needs to be more open and accepting. Still, there are new generations coming through with more open mind sets so things may change again in the future.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024