Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boufal on the way? 14:48 - Sep 6 with 2439 viewsJaySaint

Just seen on twitter (yeah, i know) that Sofiane could be on his way for roughly £4m

Thoughts?

my view.. He offers little, only a year or so on the contract but it would leave us short in that area.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Boufal on the way? on 15:00 - Sep 6 with 1985 viewsDorsetIan

Objectively, he’s been a disappointment in terms of what he’s actually delivered but I’d still be very sad to think that I’d watched him in a Saints shirt for the last time. He’s given us some fantastic moments.

It’s a triumph of hope over experience but a part of me still thinks that he could come good!

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Boufal on the way? on 15:06 - Sep 6 with 1972 viewsoeuf

Boufal on the way? on 15:00 - Sep 6 by DorsetIan

Objectively, he’s been a disappointment in terms of what he’s actually delivered but I’d still be very sad to think that I’d watched him in a Saints shirt for the last time. He’s given us some fantastic moments.

It’s a triumph of hope over experience but a part of me still thinks that he could come good!

Mixed feelings about this. He's got bags of talent, but he rarely does anything with it. He could be an exceptional player, and with only a year left on his contract you'd like to think he'd work his nuts to get a new deal or another club. Also, who else are we gonna get as cover who'd offer more as back up.
On balance I'd prefer to keep him.
Boufal on the way? on 16:07 - Sep 6 with 1901 viewskingslandstand1

He's one of those that just seems to need an arm around his shoulder to say he's wanted. Trouble is, he sometimes needs to how that he deserves it. He has got bags of talent but only seems to use it at times, but who will forget that West Brom goal!

But £4m seems a bit cheap?
Boufal on the way? on 16:13 - Sep 6 with 1884 viewsSaintsforeverj

Boufal on the way? on 16:07 - Sep 6 by kingslandstand1

He's one of those that just seems to need an arm around his shoulder to say he's wanted. Trouble is, he sometimes needs to how that he deserves it. He has got bags of talent but only seems to use it at times, but who will forget that West Brom goal!

But £4m seems a bit cheap?

Agree, 4m is a bit cheap considering we bought him for 16m I think. I don't mind if he leaves, but we need one or two midfielders to be brought in. Not mentioned much, but I would love to see Tadic just behind Adams and Ings, or a playmaker like him.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 16:14]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Boufal on the way? on 16:24 - Sep 6 with 1863 viewsKennington

Think we’d only see the best of Boufal if he was given a Le Tiss free role to do what he likes. Unfortunately he’s not Messi or Le Tiss, so that’s not going to happen. Far too risky as he’d likely go missing far too much. Assuming he’s got a year left and won’t really play much then any money back would be fine.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Boufal on the way? on 16:32 - Sep 6 with 1841 views1teeminants

I would only sell players now if they’re going to be properly replaced as we don’t have a strong enough squad. A few injuries and we’ll be in trouble. We really need to get a replacement for Hoijberg first . I see the likes of Leicester and Wolves who we were once on a par with are splashing the cash again. Newcastle too . If only we had money ffs, too many crap signings over the years .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Boufal on the way? on 08:29 - Sep 7 with 1500 viewssaintwizzler

He nutmegs opponents and does flicks both on the half way line which the under 16’s and adults who buy replica shirts with names and numbers on the back love.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Boufal on the way? on 08:56 - Sep 7 with 1480 viewsSaintNick

Im surprised so many seem to hold Boufal in such high regard, truth is he has rarely given us any end product, yes some fantastic moments , some spectacular goals, but the truth is he only scored 3 times in 70 Premier League appearances, 2 spectacular match winners against Boro and West Brom plus a goal in a 5-2 drubbing at Spurs.

This is just not enough for a fee of £16 million,last pre season he scored in a friendly at Feyenoord and everyone was saying keep him etc, early doors a decent assist at Brighton and a routine pass at Sheffield United for Djenepo to run through suggested that perhaps he might be worth it, but after that he was mainly annonymous in 8 starts and 12 as sub in the Premier League.

Bags of talent but rarely any end product.

£4 million is a big loss, but it is some money and it gets another big chunk of the wage bill.

1 team says its ok to sell him if we replace him, truth is that there is little to replace and his replacement was bought last season in Djenepo

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Boufal on the way? on 09:02 - Sep 7 with 1477 viewssaint22

Boufal on the way? on 08:56 - Sep 7 by SaintNick

Im surprised so many seem to hold Boufal in such high regard, truth is he has rarely given us any end product, yes some fantastic moments , some spectacular goals, but the truth is he only scored 3 times in 70 Premier League appearances, 2 spectacular match winners against Boro and West Brom plus a goal in a 5-2 drubbing at Spurs.

This is just not enough for a fee of £16 million,last pre season he scored in a friendly at Feyenoord and everyone was saying keep him etc, early doors a decent assist at Brighton and a routine pass at Sheffield United for Djenepo to run through suggested that perhaps he might be worth it, but after that he was mainly annonymous in 8 starts and 12 as sub in the Premier League.

£4 million is a big loss, but it is some money and it gets another big chunk of the wage bill.

1 team says its ok to sell him if we replace him, truth is that there is little to replace and his replacement was bought last season in Djenepo

Valid points Nick, plus I agree with having Djenepo do we need him also? Are we ever gong to play both at the same time?
What we do need though and with less than a week to KO we are looking silly, is another midfielder ASAP
Going into yet another season short on players is now looking like incompetence
Boufal on the way? on 09:59 - Sep 7 with 1435 viewsSonicBoom

I was really happy when we got Boufal. Who doesn't love a real flair player. But frankly he's been crap. Flatters to deceive too often. Then again I'm not convinced by Djenepo.
He's your original jam rag player. One week in, three weeks out.
Boufal on the way? on 10:02 - Sep 7 with 1429 viewsButty101

Boufal on the way? on 09:59 - Sep 7 by SonicBoom

I was really happy when we got Boufal. Who doesn't love a real flair player. But frankly he's been crap. Flatters to deceive too often. Then again I'm not convinced by Djenepo.
He's your original jam rag player. One week in, three weeks out.

With Nick on this one - Lets get rid of this bloke who is stealing a living

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Boufal on the way? on 10:10 - Sep 7 with 1419 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Agreed. We need to shift all these players on, wipe out the dross and let the club hire better quality.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Boufal on the way? on 10:21 - Sep 7 with 1395 views1885_SFC

Personally, I can't wait to see the back of Boufal, Hoedt, & Carillo for good. None of them have (sadly) worked out & they are stifling the club with their wages & we need every penny in order to give Ralph the backing he needs to try and move us up a level.

Cut our losses and move on.

Old School is Cool

Boufal on the way? on 10:50 - Sep 7 with 1373 viewsSadoldgit

It’s best for both us and his career if he finds a new club. It’s a shame because he looked class on occasions but clearly can’t produce consistently.
Boufal on the way? on 11:10 - Sep 7 with 1363 viewsBuggalugs

Never particularly rated him. Lightweight, poor attitude, not a team player and too much of a show pony.

Get rid.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Boufal on the way? on 12:25 - Sep 7 with 1327 viewsKennington

Boufal on the way? on 10:21 - Sep 7 by 1885_SFC

Personally, I can't wait to see the back of Boufal, Hoedt, & Carillo for good. None of them have (sadly) worked out & they are stifling the club with their wages & we need every penny in order to give Ralph the backing he needs to try and move us up a level.

They were all punts. Les and the recruitment team thought everything they’d buy would be another Mane or VVD, when Mane and VVD turned out to be the exceptions rather than the norm. If you add up all the wasted transfer fees, we should have just bought a couple of proven top players at £40m rather than loads of £16-£18m gambles.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Boufal on the way? on 13:51 - Sep 7 with 1301 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Boufal on the way? on 10:21 - Sep 7 by 1885_SFC

This.

I want them ALL gone. I don't care for how little, just get rid, free up some wages and get going again.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Boufal on the way? on 06:57 - Sep 8 with 1163 views1teeminants

The point I was trying to make is we are short on numbers . Get rid of Boufal and a couple of injuries to any other midfielder and we’re down to the tea lady and stewards to get kitted up.

Boufal on the way? on 07:29 - Sep 8 with 1138 viewssaint22

Boufal on the way? on 06:57 - Sep 8 by 1teeminants

The point I was trying to make is we are short on numbers . Get rid of Boufal and a couple of injuries to any other midfielder and we’re down to the tea lady and stewards to get kitted up.

Our midfield has gone from overloaded to a couple of injuries meaning we won’t have one!
Are we really stumbling into yet another season short again??
Boufal on the way? on 08:12 - Sep 8 with 1099 viewsBuggalugs

Boufal on the way? on 07:29 - Sep 8 by saint22

Our midfield has gone from overloaded to a couple of injuries meaning we won’t have one!
Are we really stumbling into yet another season short again??

Where are the CB's, CDM's and CAM's huh?

The mis-management of the club is truly staggering!

Boufal on the way? on 10:07 - Sep 8 with 1056 viewsSaintNick

Boufal on the way? on 06:57 - Sep 8 by 1teeminants

I dont think we are short on numbers in midfield if Boufal leaves

Outwide we have Redmond, Armstrong, Djenepo, Smallbone, Ward Prowse, Josh Sims Adams & Obafemi all of whom could play as a wide man if called upon. Add to that Romeu & Callum Slattery and we have plenty of options in midfield.

Of course we could always do with a class player, but we need to get rid of Boufal and get some cash in and cut the wages

Add to that if Ralph has the personnel to pay 3 at the back then we could see Bertrand and KWP pushed forward.

Boufal on the way? on 12:22 - Sep 8 with 1019 views1teeminants

Boufal on the way? on 10:07 - Sep 8 by SaintNick

I dont think we are short on numbers in midfield if Boufal leaves

Outwide we have Redmond, Armstrong, Djenepo, Smallbone, Ward Prowse, Josh Sims Adams & Obafemi all of whom could play as a wide man if called upon. Add to that Romeu & Callum Slattery and we have plenty of options in midfield.

Of course we could always do with a class player, but we need to get rid of Boufal and get some cash in and cut the wages

Add to that if Ralph has the personnel to pay 3 at the back then we could see Bertrand and KWP pushed forward.

Ffs Nick I said if we were Minus Boufal plus say two injured midfielders say Armstrong and Ward prowse Got injured who would you play In midfield Romeu and Smallbone then who ? we don’t have the quality . Slattery Isn’t good enough, Sims is he still around ? Hopefully a Hoijberg replacement will come soon. We have sold Alfie Jones, Harry Reed, Lemina (loan ) and Hoijberg was there any money from that lot ?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 12:39]

Boufal on the way? on 13:27 - Sep 8 with 988 viewsSaintNick

Boufal on the way? on 12:22 - Sep 8 by 1teeminants

Ffs Nick I said if we were Minus Boufal plus say two injured midfielders say Armstrong and Ward prowse Got injured who would you play In midfield Romeu and Smallbone then who ? we don’t have the quality . Slattery Isn’t good enough, Sims is he still around ? Hopefully a Hoijberg replacement will come soon. We have sold Alfie Jones, Harry Reed, Lemina (loan ) and Hoijberg was there any money from that lot ?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 12:39]

I see your point but we still have options, Srmstrong could play in the centre, we could move Stephens up as a central midfield players, which i think is his best chance of a long career in the Premier League

Boufal on the way? on 15:04 - Sep 8 with 945 viewssaint22

Boufal on the way? on 13:27 - Sep 8 by SaintNick

I see your point but we still have options, Srmstrong could play in the centre, we could move Stephens up as a central midfield players, which i think is his best chance of a long career in the Premier League

this is exactly the problem "armstrong could play" "stephens could move up"

That means we are clearly short of decent midfielders as we shouldn't be using players to fit in out of position

Plus moving Stephens means our CB situation reverts to being short too
Boufal on the way? on 15:12 - Sep 8 with 942 viewsBuggalugs

Boufal on the way? on 15:04 - Sep 8 by saint22

this is exactly the problem "armstrong could play" "stephens could move up"

That means we are clearly short of decent midfielders as we shouldn't be using players to fit in out of position

Plus moving Stephens means our CB situation reverts to being short too

Very worrying and staggeringly incompetent management once again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024