Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Return to grounds code of conduct 20:28 - Sep 18 with 1118 viewsSaintsforeverj

I received an email today, asking me to confirm my bubble and sign a code of conduct, that you can only access as a pdf document, if you are a ST holder.

I have to agree to:
-Arriving and leaving the stadium when I am told.
-Being 2 metres apart from any fan outside of my bubble or risk a stadium ban / losing my ST.
- Sanitising hands as we enter.
- Temperature checks
- A one way system
- Must wear a mask whilst queuing and in the concourse.

Imagine the delight of some the "over the top / rude" stewards, saying "Stop!", "Get your mask on", "Get away from that fan, they arnt in your bubble". Imagine this at clubs like Leeds, Millwall, Man U. Will fans on a match day, adhere to these rules. After a big win, will fans be able to contain their emotion? I doubt it!

As it happens, it's looking unlikely that fans will be allowed back in October, but maybe it is for the best. The code of conduct is more like a prison than enjoying a day at the football.

[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 20:31]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Return to grounds code of conduct on 09:20 - Sep 19 with 987 viewsChesham_Saint

I’m in two minds about this. At the moment I’m thinking that as a season ticket holder I’ll pass on the opportunity to go (assuming there’s a way of doing this and I get a refund) as it will be a shit experience - and that‘s before the game even starts!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Return to grounds code of conduct on 10:13 - Sep 19 with 959 viewsgrumpy

Return to grounds code of conduct on 09:20 - Sep 19 by Chesham_Saint

I’m in two minds about this. At the moment I’m thinking that as a season ticket holder I’ll pass on the opportunity to go (assuming there’s a way of doing this and I get a refund) as it will be a shit experience - and that‘s before the game even starts!

Agree, Chesham.
The fans were a big part of the entertainment, particularly at the Dell where a lot of entertainment was on the terraces
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 10:14]
Return to grounds code of conduct on 11:45 - Sep 19 with 909 viewsBoris_

Seems horrendous to me. Not sure why anyone would want to go under those conditions.

Poll: Claude Puel

Return to grounds code of conduct on 11:47 - Sep 19 with 907 viewsgrumpy

Return to grounds code of conduct on 11:45 - Sep 19 by Boris_

Seems horrendous to me. Not sure why anyone would want to go under those conditions.

Exactly,can you imagine what that's going to be like?
Return to grounds code of conduct on 12:11 - Sep 19 with 891 viewsarfurdent

So got this email and RSS alert entitled: "Return to St Mary’s: Actions for Season Ticket holders" with details of whet to do if you want to be considered for tickets or if you want to stay away and live: www.southamptonfc.com/news/2020-09-17/southampton-fc-return-to-st-marys-season-ticket-holders.

This applies to October and November. Obviously they know something is happening in December apart from the obvious.

Being an old fart I opted for the ‘Clinically vulnerable’ option. What a palaver!

Followed the process but kept getting warning about Friends and Family entries even though I selected only "1" (Highlander style), in the end I had to delete all Fiends and Family entries to get it to work.

Hope they still clean my seat off as I would not wish to get an absentee infection.

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Return to grounds code of conduct on 13:45 - Sep 19 with 842 viewsDorsetIan

I’ll be going as soon as they invite me.

I’ve watched enough games in quarter empty stadiums at lower or non- league stadiums. It’s fine. It’s not as good as a full, noisy 25,000+, but it’s fine.

And I’ve missed going.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Return to grounds code of conduct on 15:42 - Sep 19 with 780 viewsgrumpy

Do fans have to have a row to themselves?
What happens when everyone wants to leave?
Return to grounds code of conduct on 15:51 - Sep 19 with 767 viewsarfurdent

Return to grounds code of conduct on 15:42 - Sep 19 by grumpy

or want to urinate five minutes before half time

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Login to get fewer ads

Return to grounds code of conduct on 15:51 - Sep 19 with 767 viewsSaintsforeverj

Return to grounds code of conduct on 15:42 - Sep 19 by grumpy

Good question. They won't want people leaving en masse at the end. What if Saints are (hopefully not!) 3 down with 10 minutes to go and people want to leave. I can imagine a few people telling the stewards to f...off, if they want want to leave early and they are in a foul mood!
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 15:51]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Return to grounds code of conduct on 17:00 - Sep 19 with 724 viewsTripleNiemi

I have told the club i won't be taking up my season ticket allocation as i am really not interested going to a half empty stadium. As long as i keep getting the pro rata refund that'll do me. St. Marys at the best of times has no atmosphere so imagine it with say 10,000 fans.....

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Return to grounds code of conduct on 19:02 - Sep 19 with 648 viewsgrumpy

Return to grounds code of conduct on 15:51 - Sep 19 by arfurdent

or want to urinate five minutes before half time

Return to grounds code of conduct on 09:53 - Sep 20 with 497 viewsSalisburySaint

Although I managed to successfully register as wanting to attend games had loads of friends having difficulty in doing so, the online new ticket system does not seem to be very user friendly and very difficult to navigate
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024