Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? 11:26 - Oct 6 with 882 viewsI_would

Armstrong, Romeu or Ward Prowse?

Romeu is now undroppable due to his one goal this century and now Ralph loves him. Ward Prowse is officially "The Undroppable One" regardless of his actual form which has been poor to say the least.

Armstrong then and we'll go on the pitch with three defensive midfielders. Let's hope I'm wrong but Ralph does make some strange selections.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 11:28 - Oct 6 with 875 viewsChesham_Saint

You? Wrong? Never.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 11:40 - Oct 6 with 868 viewsInsideOut

I would imagine Diallo will be coming on as a second half sub for Romeu for several games to see how he gets on. Then if he does well enough he'll get the chance to start in his place when Romeu is suspended or in need of a rest. He won't be playing instead of Armstrong but if needed could replace JWP at a stretch. We'll see...

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 11:42 - Oct 6 with 862 viewsI_would

Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 11:40 - Oct 6 by InsideOut

I would imagine Diallo will be coming on as a second half sub for Romeu for several games to see how he gets on. Then if he does well enough he'll get the chance to start in his place when Romeu is suspended or in need of a rest. He won't be playing instead of Armstrong but if needed could replace JWP at a stretch. We'll see...

Don't get my hopes up like that please!

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 11:50 - Oct 6 with 848 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 11:40 - Oct 6 by InsideOut

Agreed. It probably also depends on the opponents as to which combination we could see.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 12:00 - Oct 6 with 831 viewsInsideOut

Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 11:50 - Oct 6 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Agreed. It probably also depends on the opponents as to which combination we could see.

Yeah, like in the cups.

I didn't mention injuries, but if either JWP or Romeu is injured Diallo will be hoping to get in the starting 11. Perhaps we should think of Diallo as Smallbone's replacement until he shows his worth. Smallbone has had a few chances lately but hasn't seemed ready to take them.

Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 12:07 - Oct 6 with 816 viewsSonicBoom

Surely Armstrong would be competing with Walcott not Diallo...
Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 12:15 - Oct 6 with 802 viewsSaintNick

Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 12:07 - Oct 6 by SonicBoom

Surely Armstrong would be competing with Walcott not Diallo...

I agree Armstrong is used more as a wide midfielder, we now have options there in the Scot, Redmond, Djenepo and now Walcott, in the centre we have three in JWP, Romeu & Diallo as well as Smallbone who could also play out wide if necessary

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 12:18 - Oct 6 with 793 viewsBerber

Much as Romeu is a good pro, he is still a poor man's Hojbjerg on his Southampton performances. He has done a great job after lockdown, and mostly in the games this season. If the pressure from behind is enough to get him performing at this level every week, there is no problem. Diallo will have to wait his chance.
Login to get fewer ads

Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 12:20 - Oct 6 with 791 viewsKennington

Heaven forbid we actually have some talent on the bench. You know it is allowed to have more than 11 players.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 12:28 - Oct 6 with 777 viewsInsideOut

Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 12:18 - Oct 6 by Berber

Much as Romeu is a good pro, he is still a poor man's Hojbjerg on his Southampton performances. He has done a great job after lockdown, and mostly in the games this season. If the pressure from behind is enough to get him performing at this level every week, there is no problem. Diallo will have to wait his chance.

I prefer Romeu to PEH but it's close and definitely debatable. Unless he's poor in training, I'd expect a first team appearance for Diallo very, very soon, as a sub. I have a good feeling about the guy and am hopeful he'll make a decent start.

~~~feel~~the~~positivity~~~
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 12:31]

Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 12:33 - Oct 6 with 765 viewsMattFinish

Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 12:28 - Oct 6 by InsideOut

I prefer Romeu to PEH but it's close and definitely debatable. Unless he's poor in training, I'd expect a first team appearance for Diallo very, very soon, as a sub. I have a good feeling about the guy and am hopeful he'll make a decent start.

~~~feel~~the~~positivity~~~
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 12:31]

The obvious choice is Diallo to replace Romeu as their roles are the same but Diallo has double the pace
Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 12:48 - Oct 6 with 735 viewssaint22

Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 12:20 - Oct 6 by Kennington

Heaven forbid we actually have some talent on the bench. You know it is allowed to have more than 11 players.

THIS!
I actually think Romeu has stepped up since PEH left, feels like he has taken the mantle on
I am still unsure JWP is suited to CM, i wouldnt be surprised to see him out right again soon
i wonder if Armstrong may play in behind Ings at times?
Good problems to have for change
Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 16:32 - Oct 6 with 619 viewsMattFinish

Romeu has had to step up. He's effective at what he does but if we're caught on the break he does well to get back into his own half. Like I said before, if he had pace he'd be playing for someone else.
Who's going to be dropped to accommodate Diallo then? on 17:24 - Oct 6 with 581 viewsScoot

personally I think Diallo will replace Romeou. OR has been good but like others have said, think he has no pace and I think he plays the ball backwards and sideways to often. Diallo (from his show reel) looks like he turns and goes forward or plays a forward pass.
Most of you have already stated its a nice problem to have for a change and with JV playing better I feel a little better about our club now than I did 4 weeks ago. I just hope Stephen's can regain some sort of form and that Salizar is the player we need at the back.
If all clicks into place then I don't see why we can't be top 8.

Poll: Should NJ go?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024