Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
britains got talent 11:17 - Oct 11 with 1914 viewssledger

anyone see the black comedian on his blm soapbox last night,that had them all squirming,cringeworthy should have gone to an ad break
britains got talent on 11:53 - Oct 11 with 1882 viewsJaySaint

I thought the father and son magic act was very good.
The BLM comedian was tragically unfunny and have seen racist tweets from him now doing the rounds.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

britains got talent on 12:27 - Oct 11 with 1842 viewskingslandstand1

Did he go through as the obligatory BAME? Or was he actually any good with a few slip ups?
britains got talent on 13:12 - Oct 11 with 1781 viewsSadoldgit

Nothing better to do on a Sunday morning than have a go a black people and immigrants? Is it National Racist Day today or something?
britains got talent on 13:17 - Oct 11 with 1786 viewsSaintsforeverj

As a white man, I actually wasn't the least bit offended, even though the jokes were clearly racist. He said "When you go black, you never come back. It would be great to have black people win it every year." Clearly racist towards white people, but I wasn't offended, it was edgy and funny. I actually thought he was the best act, as I actually watched and listened to him. I won't be complaining though ias comedians are supposed to entertain with edgy jokes. Just a shame that if a white person came on and did edgy "controversial" jokes, they would be hung drawn and quartered.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

britains got talent on 13:48 - Oct 11 with 1758 viewssledger

the best bit was watching the judges looking like they were sat on hot coal,just imagine a white comedian playing the race card he would never get a booking again
britains got talent on 13:52 - Oct 11 with 1751 viewsSaintsforeverj

britains got talent on 13:48 - Oct 11 by sledger

the best bit was watching the judges looking like they were sat on hot coal,just imagine a white comedian playing the race card he would never get a booking again

This is exactly the point. I am not offended by jokes about race, weight, wearing glasses or whatever, it's a joke! But the point is, if a black person can joke about white people, why can't a white person joke about black people? Why can't we allow Fawlty Towers to joke about the Germans? I wouldn't be offended if the Germans joked about the English. I am all for equality but it has become one way. Why can't both black and white people both joke about each other?
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 13:56]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

britains got talent on 14:37 - Oct 11 with 1703 viewsChesham_Saint

Never mind whether this bloke was racist or not, WTF was anyone doing watching shyte like Britain’s Got Talent? The day my Saturday evenings are reduced to that you can take me out and shoot me,FFS...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

britains got talent on 14:40 - Oct 11 with 1695 viewsBicester_North

britains got talent on 14:37 - Oct 11 by Chesham_Saint

Never mind whether this bloke was racist or not, WTF was anyone doing watching shyte like Britain’s Got Talent? The day my Saturday evenings are reduced to that you can take me out and shoot me,FFS...

Was thinking the same. Rather rub deep heat on my bell end

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

britains got talent on 14:43 - Oct 11 with 1692 viewsdwayne_dibley

the black comedian was on a loser from the start. It is surely racist to laugh at a black person. In fact he could be arrested for inciting others to commit a racist act

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

britains got talent on 14:51 - Oct 11 with 1674 viewsChesham_Saint

britains got talent on 14:43 - Oct 11 by dwayne_dibley

the black comedian was on a loser from the start. It is surely racist to laugh at a black person. In fact he could be arrested for inciting others to commit a racist act

I confess I have laughed at the occasional black footballer (Jason Lee anyone?)...but then I have at many footballers (Alan Biley being a prime example). I guess I have to admit to being a footballist...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

britains got talent on 15:22 - Oct 11 with 1642 viewsdarthvader

britains got talent on 14:40 - Oct 11 by Bicester_North

Was thinking the same. Rather rub deep heat on my bell end

Now that sir.... That ...is entertaining ,any day of the week

keep the faith coyr

britains got talent on 17:11 - Oct 11 with 1562 viewsSadoldgit

britains got talent on 13:52 - Oct 11 by Saintsforeverj

This is exactly the point. I am not offended by jokes about race, weight, wearing glasses or whatever, it's a joke! But the point is, if a black person can joke about white people, why can't a white person joke about black people? Why can't we allow Fawlty Towers to joke about the Germans? I wouldn't be offended if the Germans joked about the English. I am all for equality but it has become one way. Why can't both black and white people both joke about each other?
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 13:56]

If there was true equity I guess they could make jokes about each other, but this is where the problem lies. The power is with white people and the onus is not to use that power to denigrate others. When black people tell jokes against whites that is the whole point of the joke - the people being denigrated are turning the tables on the denigrators. Yes, technically it is racism but in the same way that a black person can call another by the n word and a white person can’t, it is about where that message is coming from. In a similar paradox, we can slag our own club off but if the supporter of another club slags us off it is out of order.
britains got talent on 17:27 - Oct 11 with 1550 viewsSalisburySaint

britains got talent on 17:11 - Oct 11 by Sadoldgit

If there was true equity I guess they could make jokes about each other, but this is where the problem lies. The power is with white people and the onus is not to use that power to denigrate others. When black people tell jokes against whites that is the whole point of the joke - the people being denigrated are turning the tables on the denigrators. Yes, technically it is racism but in the same way that a black person can call another by the n word and a white person can’t, it is about where that message is coming from. In a similar paradox, we can slag our own club off but if the supporter of another club slags us off it is out of order.

The thing I really miss about going to football watching Saints home and away is rarely being at home on a Saturday night, so only rarely been subjected to rubbish like strictly, Bgt and X factor.

Thankfully with the likes of Netflix and catch up tv currently easy to find alternatives to this tripe
britains got talent on 17:37 - Oct 11 with 1532 viewsSadoldgit

britains got talent on 17:27 - Oct 11 by SalisburySaint

The thing I really miss about going to football watching Saints home and away is rarely being at home on a Saturday night, so only rarely been subjected to rubbish like strictly, Bgt and X factor.

Thankfully with the likes of Netflix and catch up tv currently easy to find alternatives to this tripe

Fair point. If we were to talk about all of the rubbish acts on BGT we would be here all day.

In my previous post I meant to offer up another example. Back in my COS days there was an organisation called the Black Lawyers Society. Naturally, if someone set up a White Lawyers Society all hell would break loose! The BLS provided a source of help for a minority group who had specific sets of issues pertaining to their ethnic background, therefore it wasn’t seen as racist.
britains got talent on 22:53 - Oct 11 with 1407 viewsRon11

Racist? More like terrorist.
britains got talent on 13:16 - Oct 12 with 1243 viewsKennington

How much talent does Britain really have? Not that much I’d say, and certainly not enough for a yearly talent show. I’d run this series every ten years or so.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

britains got talent on 13:47 - Oct 12 with 1224 viewsSonicBoom

britains got talent on 17:11 - Oct 11 by Sadoldgit

I agree with all of that.
The point being that if you are the majority then you don't need a White Lives Matter campaign, or a White Lawyers Society. You are already setting the agenda as you are the majority.
It's such lazy thinking to say "Oh but if white people did it, there would be an outcry!" .
Really ? Would there?
It depends what is said. Comedy is extremely nuanced. A smart stand up - black, white, or whatever -could go up there and talk about BLM and even LGBT stuff and make it edgy and funny without being racist or prejudiced. That's part of the skill.
Look at Frankie Boyle or Rickie Gervais. Both are edgy and say what appears to be controversial things, yet they've thought it through and still manage to avoid being racist.
In fact it's Rickie Gervais who said "Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you are right".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024