Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BoJo the clown 10:14 - Oct 13 with 11004 viewssaint22

he really is getting more useless and pathetic by the day
how on earth is he the supposed 'leader' of this country?
clueless isn't the half of it
BoJo the clown on 20:50 - Oct 18 with 912 viewsSaintsforeverj

BoJo the clown on 20:01 - Oct 18 by Sadoldgit

Lorries will be backed up for miles. They have already put the barriers back that they put in before to deal with the problem and they are currently building a truck stop 5 miles away from where I live to help deal with it too. We know precisely what will happen because it will be the same as Operation Stack.

Well we are leaving. Not to go over old ground yet again, but the referendum said leave, and the general election resoundingly said so too. Despite anyone with any intelligence knowing that the risk of no deal was always there, they all still voted Tory. We all knew Boris perogued parliament and the rest before the election. We knew the soundbite speeches about an oven baked deal was probably nonsense. The electorate knew what he was like. Yet he was elected with a huge majority. The people want out of the EU, they want it done come what may. Clearly that is the case from the election result.

You can keep moaning if you like, worrying too about lorries and the rest but the people voted for it. And yes, after the antics of the summer, we all knew the likelihood that Boris would go for no deal. The people could have gone for Corbyn's alternative people's vote. It was rejected. So we are leaving, the majority wanted it, its called democracy. Just got to get on with it.

But you know what, Boris might be cleverer than you think and get us a good deal in the end.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 20:54]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

BoJo the clown on 00:37 - Oct 19 with 842 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo the clown on 20:50 - Oct 18 by Saintsforeverj

Well we are leaving. Not to go over old ground yet again, but the referendum said leave, and the general election resoundingly said so too. Despite anyone with any intelligence knowing that the risk of no deal was always there, they all still voted Tory. We all knew Boris perogued parliament and the rest before the election. We knew the soundbite speeches about an oven baked deal was probably nonsense. The electorate knew what he was like. Yet he was elected with a huge majority. The people want out of the EU, they want it done come what may. Clearly that is the case from the election result.

You can keep moaning if you like, worrying too about lorries and the rest but the people voted for it. And yes, after the antics of the summer, we all knew the likelihood that Boris would go for no deal. The people could have gone for Corbyn's alternative people's vote. It was rejected. So we are leaving, the majority wanted it, its called democracy. Just got to get on with it.

But you know what, Boris might be cleverer than you think and get us a good deal in the end.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 20:54]

Democracy?...

Do a majority of people in the UK wish to leave the EU with no deal?

Had they been offered a straight choice between staying in and leaving with no deal in the referendum, would leave have won?

I know the answer to these questions.

If there is no deal, a small (clever) group of partly monomaniacs and partly opportunistic chancers will have gamed the UK into doing something very silly Indeed. (And probably by accident).

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

BoJo the clown on 01:19 - Oct 19 with 845 viewsSaintsforeverj

BoJo the clown on 00:37 - Oct 19 by DorsetIan

Democracy?...

Had they been offered a straight choice between staying in and leaving with no deal in the referendum, would leave have won?

I know the answer to these questions.

If there is no deal, a small (clever) group of partly monomaniacs and partly opportunistic chancers will have gamed the UK into doing something very silly Indeed. (And probably by accident).

Yes people knew no deal was possible. Otherwise, why didn't they vote Corbyn? He was offering another referendum and the chance to stay in the EU? They voted Tory, despite knowing there might not be a deal. So yes, it's democracy. There was a huge Tory majority. We all knew what Boris could do.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 1:23]

BoJo the clown on 08:15 - Oct 19 with 778 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo the clown on 01:19 - Oct 19 by Saintsforeverj

Yes people knew no deal was possible. Otherwise, why didn't they vote Corbyn? He was offering another referendum and the chance to stay in the EU? They voted Tory, despite knowing there might not be a deal. So yes, it's democracy. There was a huge Tory majority. We all knew what Boris could do.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 1:23]

You‘re just trying to rationalise what is happening after the event.

The two questions I asked are the important ones. The democratic mandate for what is now happening is extremely sketchy.

BoJo the clown on 09:21 - Oct 19 with 759 viewsJaySaint

BoJo the clown on 08:15 - Oct 19 by DorsetIan

The two questions I asked are the important ones. The democratic mandate for what is now happening is extremely sketchy.

The choice was to leave it remain

It was made clear that leaving included leaving the SM and CU, and people still went for it

We have left the EU. Anything else beyond Dec 31 is a bonus, whether you like it or not

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

BoJo the clown on 09:28 - Oct 19 with 754 viewsSadoldgit

BoJo the clown on 09:21 - Oct 19 by JaySaint

The choice was to leave it remain

It was made clear that leaving included leaving the SM and CU, and people still went for it

We have left the EU. Anything else beyond Dec 31 is a bonus, whether you like it or not

People often go for things despite being blissfully unaware of the consequences. Sadly we were told that it would be easy to get out of, that we had an over ready deal, that people were queuing up to trade with us etc. etc. All lies of course. Polls at the time were showing that many people were changing their minds. Given the clusterfeck Johns and Cummings have made of it so far it wouldn’t surprise me if more people had changed their mind since. Still, the proof of the pudding and all that. Once the standard of living drops like a stone and we are eating chlorinated chicken, maybe even the most hardiest of Johnson supporters might have wished that we had negotiated a proper deal in good faith rather than looking to bail on anything we don’t like before the ink is even dry on the document.

We were lied to for years about the EU before the referendum. We were lied to during the referendum. We are still being lied to. If the consequences and benefits of leaving the EU are so compelling, why lie?
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 11:45]
BoJo the clown on 12:35 - Oct 19 with 739 viewsSaintsforeverj

BoJo the clown on 08:15 - Oct 19 by DorsetIan

The people could have voted Liberal Democrats to cancel brexit (being as remaining is such a good idea?), Labour to decide again with a people's vote, or the Tories promising brexit. You know what people went for. This was after many of the antics in the summer. People knew they were voting for Brexit and don't insult their intelligence, to say that they all thought Boris would deliver the perfect, honest deal. Luckily, I am getting what I voted for, to leave the EU. You arn't, well that's life as they say. So, keep moaning that it's this and that, but it won't make any difference. We are leaving.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 12:41]

BoJo the clown on 12:50 - Oct 19 with 724 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo the clown on 12:35 - Oct 19 by Saintsforeverj

The people could have voted Liberal Democrats to cancel brexit (being as remaining is such a good idea?), Labour to decide again with a people's vote, or the Tories promising brexit. You know what people went for. This was after many of the antics in the summer. People knew they were voting for Brexit and don't insult their intelligence, to say that they all thought Boris would deliver the perfect, honest deal. Luckily, I am getting what I voted for, to leave the EU. You arn't, well that's life as they say. So, keep moaning that it's this and that, but it won't make any difference. We are leaving.

I‘m not moaning. It’s gone beyond that.

It’s simply a tragedy that the most significant constitutional and economic decision in this country’s recent history is being dictated by such a small group of extremists and chancers.

We should be better than this.

Login to get fewer ads

BoJo the clown on 12:58 - Oct 19 with 715 viewsdwayne_dibley

BoJo the clown on 12:50 - Oct 19 by DorsetIan

It’s simply a tragedy that the most significant constitutional and economic decision in this country’s recent history is being dictated by such a small group of extremists and chancers.

It was ever thus, this scenario exists in most organisations:

- Halifax Building Society
- Natwest
- RSPCA
- National Trust
- Government

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

BoJo the clown on 12:59 - Oct 19 with 710 viewsSadoldgit

What bothers me about the whole process is that when I ask Leavers if they know what the benefits of being in the EU are, invariably they do not have a clue. How can you make an informed decision if you don’t have the full facts in front of you? Many of the also seemed completely unbothered about the effects on the economy and are quite happy for it to take a dip so long as we leave. A prime example of cutting your nose of to spite your face.

This morning I read a very long list of the positives of staying in the EU on another forum under a thread entitles What Has The EU Ever Done For Us. There were a number of things there that I, as a remainer, was unaware of.

We currently have a country pretty much split down the middle between staying and leaving. We can still leave with close ties to the EU which would please everyone, but may go some way towards healing the division. Taking your ball home and refusing to play any more really isn’t helpful.
BoJo the clown on 13:02 - Oct 19 with 711 viewsBazza

Still banging on, eh
Actually 17.4m voted for it, 1.3m majority. It's been delayed for 4 years by 'a small group of extremists and chancers', plus the awfully embittered EU . Thankfully we are better than this!
BoJo the clown on 13:06 - Oct 19 with 702 viewsDorsetIan

What happens when our economic future is in the hands of an opportunist who can’t work out where the opportunity lies for him...

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-10-19/will-boris-johnson-blow-up-eu-free-trade-bre

How it can be said that this is ‚democratic‘ when the decision turns on a flip of a coin inside Boris‘ capricious head, is well beyond my understanding.

BoJo the clown on 13:07 - Oct 19 with 709 viewsdwayne_dibley

BoJo the clown on 13:02 - Oct 19 by Bazza

Still banging on, eh
Actually 17.4m voted for it, 1.3m majority. It's been delayed for 4 years by 'a small group of extremists and chancers', plus the awfully embittered EU . Thankfully we are better than this!

If this had been 1940 then it would be the equivalent of the remainers saying that it was fine for the Luftwaffe to use London for bombing practice

BoJo the clown on 13:11 - Oct 19 with 699 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo the clown on 13:02 - Oct 19 by Bazza

Still banging on, eh

I think you’ve missed my point Bazza, but no matter.

BoJo the clown on 13:17 - Oct 19 with 693 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo the clown on 13:07 - Oct 19 by dwayne_dibley

If this had been 1940 then it would be the equivalent of the remainers saying that it was fine for the Luftwaffe to use London for bombing practice

Always good to get a WW2 analogy into a Brexit discussion, even if it makes no sense at all.

Do you know that the end of WW2 is now 75 years ago?

BoJo the clown on 13:21 - Oct 19 with 695 viewssaint22

BoJo the clown on 12:35 - Oct 19 by Saintsforeverj

So, why exactly did you think leave was the best for our country, deal or no deal?
Just curious, because I cannot fathom (and I have ex friends who did) why anyone with any thought for the future prosperity of our children would decide it was for the best
Serious question
BoJo the clown on 14:10 - Oct 19 with 681 viewsBicester_North

BoJo the clown on 13:21 - Oct 19 by saint22

So, why exactly did you think leave was the best for our country, deal or no deal?
Just curious, because I cannot fathom (and I have ex friends who did) why anyone with any thought for the future prosperity of our children would decide it was for the best
Serious question

You have ex friends who did? What’s happened to them now hey?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

BoJo the clown on 14:32 - Oct 19 with 673 viewskernow

BoJo the clown on 13:17 - Oct 19 by DorsetIan

Always good to get a WW2 analogy into a Brexit discussion, even if it makes no sense at all.

Do you know that the end of WW2 is now 75 years ago?

Your's was the polite response to that ridiculous nonsense.

Mine was censored.
BoJo the clown on 16:10 - Oct 19 with 651 viewsdwayne_dibley

BoJo the clown on 14:32 - Oct 19 by kernow

Your's was the polite response to that ridiculous nonsense.

Mine was censored.

did that in the war as well

BoJo the clown on 16:40 - Oct 19 with 635 viewsSaintsforeverj

Again, it's a shame in your opinion. The majority voted to give this government (extremists and chancers) free reign. Sorry, if you don't agree but that's what the people decided. Again that's democracy. You know, you vote, I vote and the winner governs. Everyone voted knowing the facts. Before the December election, people knew Boris might go fo no deal. Would you like me to post articles warning of it, before we gave Boris a landslide? The point is, your view is irrelevant now. Democracy has occurred, we voted for a landside Tory majority. Again that's it. You think it's a shame. Oh well, we voted for it.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 16:41]

BoJo the clown on 17:16 - Oct 19 with 622 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo the clown on 16:40 - Oct 19 by Saintsforeverj

Again, it's a shame in your opinion. The majority voted to give this government (extremists and chancers) free reign. Sorry, if you don't agree but that's what the people decided. Again that's democracy. You know, you vote, I vote and the winner governs. Everyone voted knowing the facts. Before the December election, people knew Boris might go fo no deal. Would you like me to post articles warning of it, before we gave Boris a landslide? The point is, your view is irrelevant now. Democracy has occurred, we voted for a landside Tory majority. Again that's it. You think it's a shame. Oh well, we voted for it.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 16:41]

Not a shame; a tragedy.

I’m speaking historically. Obviously people voted for this govt - it isn’t an amazing piece of insight to point that out.

And go back to my two questions. As I said, I know the answers to them, even if you don’t.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 17:16]

BoJo the clown on 17:27 - Oct 19 with 614 viewsSaintsforeverj

BoJo the clown on 17:16 - Oct 19 by DorsetIan

Not a shame; a tragedy.

I’m speaking historically. Obviously people voted for this govt - it isn’t an amazing piece of insight to point that out.

And go back to my two questions. As I said, I know the answers to them, even if you don’t.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 17:16]

Don't know, but they knew the risk, when the Government was elected. They knew no deal was a possibility. They could have elected one of the other parties, to rule out no deal.

Had they been offered a straight choice between staying in and leaving with no deal in the referendum, would leave have won.

Who knows. Again, we knew leave might have been no deal. We knew that an easy deal, might not have happened.

BoJo the clown on 17:28 - Oct 19 with 614 viewsBazza

BoJo the clown on 13:11 - Oct 19 by DorsetIan

I think you’ve missed my point Bazza, but no matter.

I don’t think I missed your point just turned it on it’s head. Brexit is a democratic decision in all its glory.
In particular the EU trying to dictate whether or not we choose to subsidise industries when we leave should be the UK’s decision alone.
BoJo the clown on 18:27 - Oct 19 with 597 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo the clown on 17:28 - Oct 19 by Bazza

I don’t think I missed your point just turned it on it’s head. Brexit is a democratic decision in all its glory.
In particular the EU trying to dictate whether or not we choose to subsidise industries when we leave should be the UK’s decision alone.

No, you missed it.

All these Tories denying themselves access to a massive free market so that they can engage in extensive state subsidy. Makes perfect sense!

BoJo the clown on 19:24 - Oct 19 with 564 viewsBazza

BoJo the clown on 18:27 - Oct 19 by DorsetIan

No, you missed it.

All these Tories denying themselves access to a massive free market so that they can engage in extensive state subsidy. Makes perfect sense!

Tories and ‘extensive state subsidy’ are rarely seen in the same sentence. But the freedom for a sovereign state to make its own choices is fundamental.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024