Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BoJo the clown 10:14 - Oct 13 with 11076 viewssaint22

he really is getting more useless and pathetic by the day
how on earth is he the supposed 'leader' of this country?
clueless isn't the half of it
BoJo the clown on 19:27 - Oct 19 with 1008 viewsBazza

I think most would agree that deal will be a lot less messy than no deal
BoJo the clown on 20:32 - Oct 19 with 961 viewskernow

BoJo the clown on 16:10 - Oct 19 by dwayne_dibley

did that in the war as well

Oh ar.
You had me there.
Nice one Dibbles😷
BoJo the clown on 21:31 - Oct 19 with 938 viewssaint22

BoJo the clown on 16:40 - Oct 19 by Saintsforeverj

Again, it's a shame in your opinion. The majority voted to give this government (extremists and chancers) free reign. Sorry, if you don't agree but that's what the people decided. Again that's democracy. You know, you vote, I vote and the winner governs. Everyone voted knowing the facts. Before the December election, people knew Boris might go fo no deal. Would you like me to post articles warning of it, before we gave Boris a landslide? The point is, your view is irrelevant now. Democracy has occurred, we voted for a landside Tory majority. Again that's it. You think it's a shame. Oh well, we voted for it.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 16:41]

No one knew all the facts
And you didn’t answer my question as to why you thought voting leave was a good idea?
BoJo the clown on 22:10 - Oct 19 with 922 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo the clown on 19:24 - Oct 19 by Bazza

Tories and ‘extensive state subsidy’ are rarely seen in the same sentence. But the freedom for a sovereign state to make its own choices is fundamental.

Not if you want tariff free access to the world's largest single market it's not.

It makes sense to compromise. You play by the rules on the state aid (like everyone else in that market does) and then you can have the undoubted benefits of access to that market. You keep 'sovereignty' on everything else (including immigration policy).

We can control immigration, we can make trade deals with other countries, we are not under the jurisdiction of the European Court, we are not tied to EU standards or regulations. Oh no, not good enough - we want the absolute freedom to subsidise our industries and THEN compete within the EU on a tariff free basis with everyone else in the single market having one hand tied behind their backs.

These Brexit nutters want jam on it.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

BoJo the clown on 22:19 - Oct 19 with 912 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo the clown on 17:27 - Oct 19 by Saintsforeverj

Do a majority of people in the UK wish to leave the EU with no deal?

Don't know, but they knew the risk, when the Government was elected. They knew no deal was a possibility. They could have elected one of the other parties, to rule out no deal.

Had they been offered a straight choice between staying in and leaving with no deal in the referendum, would leave have won.

Who knows. Again, we knew leave might have been no deal. We knew that an easy deal, might not have happened.

You say twice that you don't know.

You know.

It doesn't damage your case to admit it. You can still argue that anyone voting leave/for Boris should have known the the risk that it might happen, so more fool them if they got something they didn't want. That's basically your point.

BoJo the clown on 22:20 - Oct 19 with 914 viewsBicester_North

BoJo the clown on 21:31 - Oct 19 by saint22

No one knew all the facts
And you didn’t answer my question as to why you thought voting leave was a good idea?

You’re the queen of not answering questions, as you have absolutely no idea how life works.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

BoJo the clown on 22:40 - Oct 19 with 898 viewsSaintsforeverj

BoJo the clown on 22:19 - Oct 19 by DorsetIan

You say twice that you don't know.

You know.

It doesn't damage your case to admit it. You can still argue that anyone voting leave/for Boris should have known the the risk that it might happen, so more fool them if they got something they didn't want. That's basically your point.

No, my answer to your questions are I don't know, anymore than you don't know. None of us know what is going on in everyone's minds. So neither of us know, so you can't argue that they would have voted remain instead of no deal - you don't know unless you have asked 40 million people what they would have done had no deal been on the ballot paper. You don't know and I don't know. But we do know, people had the choice to definitely remain, but they took the choice to risk a possible no deal. You should admit that even though no deal was an option, they still chose Tory over Labour. That, you should accept.

Put it another way, I would prefer a deal, but if we can't agree, I would prefer no deal to remaining. You don't know who else would say the same, anymore than I do. It's hypothetical question you asked, so of course my answer is I don't know.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 22:47]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

BoJo the clown on 22:52 - Oct 19 with 872 views1885_SFC

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

BoJo the clown on 23:00 - Oct 19 with 864 viewsSaintsforeverj

BoJo the clown on 22:52 - Oct 19 by 1885_SFC

Have you any songs?

Sail away, sail away, sail away.

We are sailing, like a bird, across the sea.

I'm leaving, on this midnight train

BoJo the clown on 23:06 - Oct 19 with 859 views1885_SFC

BoJo the clown on 23:00 - Oct 19 by Saintsforeverj

Have you any songs?

Sail away, sail away, sail away.

We are sailing, like a bird, across the sea.

I'm leaving, on this midnight train

With Or Without EU...

EU can't always get what EU want...

You've lost that London feeling...

Wake me up before EU go go...

Old School is Cool

BoJo the clown on 23:11 - Oct 19 with 853 viewsJaySaint

Ever thought we are going over the top?

Wales lockdown for 1 covid death?

Now I read we need to re-save the NHS. I mean, WTF?!

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

BoJo the clown on 23:19 - Oct 19 with 847 viewsSaintsforeverj

BoJo the clown on 23:06 - Oct 19 by 1885_SFC

With Or Without EU...

EU can't always get what EU want...

You've lost that London feeling...

Wake me up before EU go go...

I want to break free. God knows I want to break free.

Don't give up, I have still have faith.

BoJo the clown on 23:22 - Oct 19 with 844 viewsSaintsforeverj

BoJo the clown on 23:11 - Oct 19 by JaySaint

Ever thought we are going over the top?

Wales lockdown for 1 covid death?

Now I read we need to re-save the NHS. I mean, WTF?!

Yep. Many areas in Wales with zero infections have been locked down. Jobs lossed in those areas for no reason.

BoJo the clown on 23:25 - Oct 19 with 838 viewsJaySaint

BoJo the clown on 23:22 - Oct 19 by Saintsforeverj

Yep. Many areas in Wales with zero infections have been locked down. Jobs lossed in those areas for no reason.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

BoJo the clown on 11:12 - Oct 20 with 754 viewsSadoldgit

BoJo the clown on 19:27 - Oct 19 by Bazza

I think most would agree that deal will be a lot less messy than no deal

Indeed. Let us hope that the brinksmanship leads to some kind of compromises from both sides and finally a workable deal.
BoJo the clown on 11:29 - Oct 20 with 752 viewsdirk_doone

BoJo the clown on 11:12 - Oct 20 by Sadoldgit

Indeed. Let us hope that the brinksmanship leads to some kind of compromises from both sides and finally a workable deal.

I suspect Cummings wants to force through a No Deal Brexit and is instructing Boris accordingly.

. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-live-boris-johnson-eu

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

BoJo the clown on 12:24 - Oct 20 with 728 viewssaint22

BoJo the clown on 11:29 - Oct 20 by dirk_doone

I suspect Cummings wants to force through a No Deal Brexit and is instructing Boris accordingly.

. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-live-boris-johnson-eu

You suspect?? of course he is, another step to undermining this country and its social fabric
why would anyone vote this way??
BoJo the clown on 12:26 - Oct 20 with 724 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo the clown on 22:40 - Oct 19 by Saintsforeverj

No, my answer to your questions are I don't know, anymore than you don't know. None of us know what is going on in everyone's minds. So neither of us know, so you can't argue that they would have voted remain instead of no deal - you don't know unless you have asked 40 million people what they would have done had no deal been on the ballot paper. You don't know and I don't know. But we do know, people had the choice to definitely remain, but they took the choice to risk a possible no deal. You should admit that even though no deal was an option, they still chose Tory over Labour. That, you should accept.

Put it another way, I would prefer a deal, but if we can't agree, I would prefer no deal to remaining. You don't know who else would say the same, anymore than I do. It's hypothetical question you asked, so of course my answer is I don't know.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 22:47]

I know that 48% voted remain. And I know that a good deal of the leave campaign was about how easy it would be and how nothing would change.

I know that had the vote been a straight choice between remaining and with leaving the EU and single market with no trade deal, such that tariffs would be imposed between us, then more that 48% would have voted to remain.

I know that that more would have been substantially more than 2% out of the 52% who voted to leave.

Denying this is just silly.

And now, polling suggests that even most LEAVE voters want a deal.

So - although you can spin it, as you are doing, as the necessary and logical consequence of the votes that people cast, the fact remains that fundamentally, there never was nor is there now any 'majority' for a no deal exit.

And if that's where we end up, the Brexit nutters will have played a very clever game - I will certainly give them that! Sly, but clever nevertheless.

BoJo the clown on 13:08 - Oct 20 with 708 viewsSaintsforeverj

BoJo the clown on 12:26 - Oct 20 by DorsetIan

I know that 48% voted remain. And I know that a good deal of the leave campaign was about how easy it would be and how nothing would change.

I know that had the vote been a straight choice between remaining and with leaving the EU and single market with no trade deal, such that tariffs would be imposed between us, then more that 48% would have voted to remain.

I know that that more would have been substantially more than 2% out of the 52% who voted to leave.

So - although you can spin it, as you are doing, as the necessary and logical consequence of the votes that people cast, the fact remains that fundamentally, there never was nor is there now any 'majority' for a no deal exit.

And if that's where we end up, the Brexit nutters will have played a very clever game - I will certainly give them that! Sly, but clever nevertheless.

But whatever you say, it still doesn't take away the fact people could have voted Liberal Democrats to cancel Brexit. They could have voted Labour to have another referendum with the ballot paper having 2 options - remain or remain with a deal / staying in customs union. Why didn't the people vote for it, when they had the chance to prevent a no deal? If leaving with a deal is the thing that the majority definitely wanted, why didn't they vote Labour to get it?

I have answered your questions, can you answer mine? In December, we had the chance to vote in a party promising another referendum with the choice to remain or the choice to leave with a deal. We could have had the vote you are asking for, ensuring we didn't leave with no deal. Why did the people emphatically vote the other way, knowing no deal was possible with Boris?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 13:13]

BoJo the clown on 13:12 - Oct 20 with 703 viewsdirk_doone

BoJo the clown on 12:26 - Oct 20 by DorsetIan

Not to worry. They say it's all going to be fine:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/why-worry-about-no-deal-brexit-if-gove-says

BoJo the clown on 14:07 - Oct 20 with 676 viewskentsouthampton

BoJo the clown on 14:19 - Oct 20 with 666 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo the clown on 13:08 - Oct 20 by Saintsforeverj

But whatever you say, it still doesn't take away the fact people could have voted Liberal Democrats to cancel Brexit. They could have voted Labour to have another referendum with the ballot paper having 2 options - remain or remain with a deal / staying in customs union. Why didn't the people vote for it, when they had the chance to prevent a no deal? If leaving with a deal is the thing that the majority definitely wanted, why didn't they vote Labour to get it?

I have answered your questions, can you answer mine? In December, we had the chance to vote in a party promising another referendum with the choice to remain or the choice to leave with a deal. We could have had the vote you are asking for, ensuring we didn't leave with no deal. Why did the people emphatically vote the other way, knowing no deal was possible with Boris?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 13:13]

At a general election people vote for all sorts of reasons. I would say the main reasons people voted for Boris were...

...because they didn't like Corbyn
...they didn't like the time it had taken to 'leave'
...they thought Labour had not respected leave voters by all the second referendum stuff
...they thought that somehow it would be good to have a bumbling 'character' in charge (those were pre-Covid times after all).

For me, a huge part of it was impatience and 'get Brexit done' played to that - even among remainers - as people were genuinely sick of the whole thing.

But before you getting too excited abut that election and how it was a mandate for no deal, just a reminder that nationwide Boris got 42% of the vote and Labour + Lib Dem + Scot Nat got 50%.

BoJo the clown on 14:30 - Oct 20 with 664 viewsSaintsforeverj

BoJo the clown on 14:19 - Oct 20 by DorsetIan

At a general election people vote for all sorts of reasons. I would say the main reasons people voted for Boris were...

...they thought Labour had not respected leave voters by all the second referendum stuff
...they thought that somehow it would be good to have a bumbling 'character' in charge (those were pre-Covid times after all).

For me, a huge part of it was impatience and 'get Brexit done' played to that - even among remainers - as people were genuinely sick of the whole thing.

But before you getting too excited abut that election and how it was a mandate for no deal, just a reminder that nationwide Boris got 42% of the vote and Labour + Lib Dem + Scot Nat got 50%.

A good honest answer to my question. I always give an honest answer too to any questions. The point is, if we can't agree a deal with the EU, then there are decisions to be made. We still have to leave imo, as the mandate is certainly there to leave at least, even if people wanted a deal. It's messy, but the electorate has played its part. We just have to get on with it.

BoJo the clown on 14:54 - Oct 20 with 652 viewsdirk_doone

No wonder the deal blew up in our faces:

"We've got an oven ready deal. Just whack it in the microwave, gas mark 4 or whatever it is. I'm not very good at cooking."

BoJo the clown on 15:32 - Oct 20 with 639 viewsBazza

BoJo the clown on 14:19 - Oct 20 by DorsetIan

Oh dear Ian. You seem to have forgotten the large number that voted leave because they were/are fed up with the EU.
But keep reading the Guardian drivel and you will be happy. Then when we leave you can continue moaning and making up your parallel version of reality.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024