Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game 11:35 - Nov 4 with 1347 viewsTimSaint

Latest statement concerning injuries from the Official Site

Southampton are likely to be without a number of regular first-team starters ahead of Friday night's meeting with Newcastle United at St Mary's, including influential striker Danny Ings.

The manager confirmed that the damage suffered to Saints' top scorer was significant enough to warrant a "small surgery", but importantly the injury wasn't a reoccurrence of an old knee problem, which could have seen him out for a longer period.

As it stands, Ings is looking at a 4-6 week period on the sidelines, while there are also concerns over Ryan Bertrand (hamstring), Jan Bednarek (concussion) and Ibrahima Diallo (dead leg), following a fierce meeting with Aston Villa a week ago.

Ralph Hasenhüttl began by asserting: "We have a lot of injury concerns at the moment. The last game was a tough one. Also sometimes beyond the edge, in terms of what is okay for me. A few brutal tackles that were tough to get a handle on.

"We have payed a high price for that. It causes me a real headache to be honest, because five players have issues now."

Speaking specifically about individual player concerns, he added: "Jan Bednarek may train today, it was a horrible crash on the ground. Ryan Bertrand is likely to be out for the weekend. Diallo has a dead leg from a hard kick.

"The worst thing is maybe Danny Ings. We said after the game that we hoped it wasn't bad.

"It could have been much worse, but at the moment he's out for maybe 4-6 weeks. He'll have a small surgery tomorrow. He's definitely out for now. It's a small surgery but a necessary one."

Add to that list - Smallbone (injured), Obafemi (if still banned) and maybe Salisu if he still isn't ready yet !!
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 11:40]

TimSaint

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 11:57 - Nov 4 with 1301 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

"payed"

Who the f**k are they getting to write up reports on the official site?

PAYED? FFS!

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 12:03 - Nov 4 with 1278 viewssaints__fan__73

What does Obafemi (if still banned) mean?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 12:05 - Nov 4 with 1272 viewsJaySaint

I can see JwP RB and KwP LB, Stephens in the middle

Armstong in the middle with Theo and Redmond wide. Longy up top with Adams.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 12:20 - Nov 4 with 1251 viewssaint22

if ever we needed salisu
Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 12:22 - Nov 4 with 1249 viewsBicester_North

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 12:05 - Nov 4 by JaySaint

Bednarek is the big concern (apart from Ings). We’ve looked so much better with him and Vestergaard settled. Never like seeing right footers play on the left so would prefer to see Vokins at left back and Walcott up front, Redmond left and Armstrong on the right for a balanced line up.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 12:24 - Nov 4 with 1247 viewsA1079

It could be a test of the resilience and depth of our squad. An opportunity for some may be or it could have an impact on our season. We may need to play it tight this Friday (if we are capable of doing that). The slight plus on our side is the break after this Friday's game. Ings is bad news as it seemed more promising earlier in the week. I cannot see him back this side of new year now but again, could be an opportunity for Adams to really shine and others like N'Lundulu and Obafemi to step up (though see comment below on Obafemi).

Salisu - still an unknown as to what is happening there and that is annoying for the fact that we purchased because we needed him now. As someone else has said what does Obafemi - Banned mean - banned from what and why or have I missed something?
Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 12:41 - Nov 4 with 1218 viewscocklebreath

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 12:05 - Nov 4 by JaySaint

I think you’re not seeing right. Walcott up top with Adams, Redmond back in, Stephens for Bednerek and vokins for Bertrand makes a whole lot more sense

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 12:44 - Nov 4 with 1208 viewsJaySaint

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 12:41 - Nov 4 by cocklebreath

I think you’re not seeing right. Walcott up top with Adams, Redmond back in, Stephens for Bednerek and vokins for Bertrand makes a whole lot more sense

Vokins is injured, apparently

Login to get fewer ads

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 12:59 - Nov 4 with 1182 viewsTimSaint

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 12:24 - Nov 4 by A1079

It could be a test of the resilience and depth of our squad. An opportunity for some may be or it could have an impact on our season. We may need to play it tight this Friday (if we are capable of doing that). The slight plus on our side is the break after this Friday's game. Ings is bad news as it seemed more promising earlier in the week. I cannot see him back this side of new year now but again, could be an opportunity for Adams to really shine and others like N'Lundulu and Obafemi to step up (though see comment below on Obafemi).

Salisu - still an unknown as to what is happening there and that is annoying for the fact that we purchased because we needed him now. As someone else has said what does Obafemi - Banned mean - banned from what and why or have I missed something?

Apparently - as confirmed by a few on here - Obafemi was sent off in a B team or U23 match a couple of weeks back, so got a ban. I presume it would be for 3 games, but I am not sure. He hasn't been selected for the 1st team squad for a couple of weeks (perhaps why N'Lundulu has been selected instead) and therefore he may still be banned, hence why he was on the list of potential absentees for Friday.

If anyone has any further information, please share :-)

TimSaint

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 13:51 - Nov 4 with 1125 viewscocklebreath

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 12:44 - Nov 4 by JaySaint

Vokins is injured, apparently

Ralph didn’t mention it

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 14:00 - Nov 4 with 1114 viewsRon11

What about Matt Targett?
Oh wait, he's gone....
Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 15:43 - Nov 4 with 1045 viewskingslandstand1

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 14:00 - Nov 4 by Ron11

What about Matt Targett?
Oh wait, he's gone....

Have we missed him?
Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 15:46 - Nov 4 with 1039 viewsJaySaint

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 13:51 - Nov 4 by cocklebreath

Ralph didn’t mention it

Big 'Ads has :-(

[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 15:46]

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 16:19 - Nov 4 with 1004 viewssaint22

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 15:46 - Nov 4 by JaySaint

So already our lack of depth is exposed
Be handy if the £12m CB we signed was fit
Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 16:31 - Nov 4 with 988 viewsButty101

Chance for valery to shine

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 17:08 - Nov 4 with 945 viewssaint22

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 16:31 - Nov 4 by Butty101

Chance for valery to shine

like he did against newcastle last time out......
Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 18:42 - Nov 4 with 884 viewscocklebreath

Oh dear, desperate times.

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 19:31 - Nov 4 with 849 viewsTimSaint

We are all forgetting the player currently on our books who has 1st team experience at Left Back !!

Yes - Sam McQueen

Probably still injured after going on loan to Boro 2 years back.

Seem to remember him starting for us for that great away trip to Inter, 4 years back !!

TimSaint

Potetially 5 Out For Friday's Game on 07:26 - Nov 5 with 681 viewsgreen

Think I saw somewhere that the screws they put in McQueen’s leg got infected hence it was much worse than it would have been anyway. Still on the books but he’s a long way from playing again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024