Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bednarek 17:05 - Dec 19 with 2429 viewsRon11

FFS how many zillion times did he send a pass straight back or just pass back to McCarthy in the second half instead of trying to do something constructive with the ball. Anybody would have thought they were 1-0 up not 0-1 down.
Also Ralph made a serious error of judgement starting Djenepo again. He just ran around like a headless chicken. Even a slightly off colour Armstrong would have been better. Redmond came on but his game was somewhere else. He should have started instead of Ings, who clearly is still not fit, and should have been on the bench.
City were poor and were there for the taking, especially in the second half. But we got the inevitable throwing of strikers at it when the inevitable happened and Ings went off.
Three points given away on a plate.
Bednarek on 17:14 - Dec 19 with 1941 viewsBerber

Harsh. I don't think Redmond offers much more than Djeneppo and usually passes backwards. Bednarek is a CB, and it is hardly fair to compare his distribution to Vestergard, who is getting plaudits all round the country, and was Townsend's MOTM. The whole defence were too keen to pass back and forth, not just Bednarek. The big plus was I never once had my heart in my mouth when the ball was passed back to Mccarthy.
Bednarek on 17:23 - Dec 19 with 1930 viewsRon11

Bednarek on 17:14 - Dec 19 by Berber

Harsh. I don't think Redmond offers much more than Djeneppo and usually passes backwards. Bednarek is a CB, and it is hardly fair to compare his distribution to Vestergard, who is getting plaudits all round the country, and was Townsend's MOTM. The whole defence were too keen to pass back and forth, not just Bednarek. The big plus was I never once had my heart in my mouth when the ball was passed back to Mccarthy.

Redmond should have started instead of Djenepo, he's a far superior player.
You say Bednarek is a CB, and can't be compared to Vestergaard - so is he also not a centre back then?
At 1-0 down the ball should not constantly passed back to the keeper, it's nonsense, especially against an under par Man. City.
Bednarek on 19:01 - Dec 19 with 1867 viewsSonicBoom

I did notice that V'gaard gave it to Bednarek who was free. He looked up and then gave it straight back to V'gaard even if he was under pressure. He seemed unwilling to pass forwards, or he's been told not to. It was extraordinary.
But never mind. We were pretty good and put up a good fight. I imagine that their confidence will still be high which is great for the next few games.
Bednarek on 07:25 - Dec 20 with 1708 viewssaint22

Agree djenepo is not good enough he is another boufal
That said Redmond had a stinker when he came on perhaps he is pi55ed at losing his place to a headless chicken
Bednarek on 07:34 - Dec 20 with 1707 viewsDorsetIan

Bednarek ‚cleared‘ the ball to them for their goal, but come on, we’ve been searching for a solid centre back pair for a few years now, so nobody should be complaining about the Bednarek-Vest combo.

Djenepo...I‘ve been saying since he first arrived that he was out of his depth. He is good for the occasion nice move when close to the goal but little else. There is no comparison to Redmond, who is a good player. Redmond was great when he came on against Arsenal. Yesterday, his first few touches were really poor and I think that knocked his confidence. Guardiola has done a mind job on him with all that arm round the shoulder sh1t a few years back.

Walker-Peters - how comfortable on the ball is he! Brilliant.

Walcott - what an engine. Was running from the first minute but just didn’t seem to tire. Couple of times I thought he should have been more selfish once he got in the box.

Was there and really enjoyed our performance, despite the loss. It’s a point dropped, that’s all. At no point were we under siege. Big improvement on previous years against them.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Bednarek on 08:02 - Dec 20 with 1696 viewssaint22

Bednarek on 07:34 - Dec 20 by DorsetIan

Bednarek ‚cleared‘ the ball to them for their goal, but come on, we’ve been searching for a solid centre back pair for a few years now, so nobody should be complaining about the Bednarek-Vest combo.

Djenepo...I‘ve been saying since he first arrived that he was out of his depth. He is good for the occasion nice move when close to the goal but little else. There is no comparison to Redmond, who is a good player. Redmond was great when he came on against Arsenal. Yesterday, his first few touches were really poor and I think that knocked his confidence. Guardiola has done a mind job on him with all that arm round the shoulder sh1t a few years back.

Walker-Peters - how comfortable on the ball is he! Brilliant.

Walcott - what an engine. Was running from the first minute but just didn’t seem to tire. Couple of times I thought he should have been more selfish once he got in the box.

Was there and really enjoyed our performance, despite the loss. It’s a point dropped, that’s all. At no point were we under siege. Big improvement on previous years against them.

Great post and lucky you to be there!
We are a very good unit now and gradually adding depth
I do wonder about Ralph’s subs at times tho, N’Lundulu would have been an interesting choice over tella and hopefully djenepo sits out the next few
Bednarek on 09:21 - Dec 20 with 1658 viewsMRHALL93

Can't believe Bednerak is being slated here, sure he passes it back to McCarthy and can slow down the play. But I'd rather see him do that then "try something" and lose possession and the us concede off the back of it. And personally I think his distribution has come on miles this season, there were times he tried to clip it over the top.
Djenepo is better than Redmond, imo. He created a couple of chances where he cutt n and played it over to Walcott. Who had space in the penalty area. Redmond had a poor game yesterday, very wasteful in possession.
I think you've massively underestimated Cities quality here. If we play like this against any other team we'll probably win, but City have some of the best players in the world.
Bednarek on 09:59 - Dec 20 with 1632 viewsgrumpy

Bednarek on 09:21 - Dec 20 by MRHALL93

Can't believe Bednerak is being slated here, sure he passes it back to McCarthy and can slow down the play. But I'd rather see him do that then "try something" and lose possession and the us concede off the back of it. And personally I think his distribution has come on miles this season, there were times he tried to clip it over the top.
Djenepo is better than Redmond, imo. He created a couple of chances where he cutt n and played it over to Walcott. Who had space in the penalty area. Redmond had a poor game yesterday, very wasteful in possession.
I think you've massively underestimated Cities quality here. If we play like this against any other team we'll probably win, but City have some of the best players in the world.

'City have some of the best players in the world'

Exactly, I was impressed by the size and strength of City in all departments, they have players bought for what it cost to build St. Marys.
Login to get fewer ads

Bednarek on 10:08 - Dec 20 with 1622 viewsSalisburySaint

Spot on.

The whole idea is for the defenders especially Bednarek and Vestergaard to keep possession until they see the right passing opportunity, with them trying to find people in space in midfield or diagonal balls across to wide players, punt it forward last option.

Keeping possession is a major part of our game now, normally against the likes of City, possession would be 70/30 in City’s favour, yesterday it was 52/48
Bednarek on 10:27 - Dec 20 with 1590 viewsgrumpy

Bednarek on 10:08 - Dec 20 by SalisburySaint

Spot on.

The whole idea is for the defenders especially Bednarek and Vestergaard to keep possession until they see the right passing opportunity, with them trying to find people in space in midfield or diagonal balls across to wide players, punt it forward last option.

Keeping possession is a major part of our game now, normally against the likes of City, possession would be 70/30 in City’s favour, yesterday it was 52/48

Give City too much of the ball and they have the quality to punish you.
Bednarek on 10:57 - Dec 20 with 1575 viewsIngskneeslide

Bednarek on 07:25 - Dec 20 by saint22

That said Redmond had a stinker when he came on perhaps he is pi55ed at losing his place to a headless chicken

You’ve had the opposite opinion on all of our players and manager at different points. Your views on football are horrific and childlike and your views on the real world aren’t much better
Bednarek on 11:36 - Dec 20 with 1546 viewssaint22

Bednarek on 10:57 - Dec 20 by Ingskneeslide

You’ve had the opposite opinion on all of our players and manager at different points. Your views on football are horrific and childlike and your views on the real world aren’t much better

And you are an ignorant bore
Bednarek on 12:07 - Dec 20 with 1502 viewskingslandstand1

While talking defenders, interesting comment in one of the reports was that we now have a good central defensive partnership - haven't heard that over the last couple of years before this season with basically the same personnel (Stephens inc). And it has also said that Vestergard is the nearest we have to VvD!! But the report also said that we "still have the highly rated Salusi (sp?) yet to start a game"

I see he's been on the bench, but does anyone actually know the situation with him??
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 12:10]
Bednarek on 12:21 - Dec 20 with 1486 viewskingslandstand1

Bednarek on 08:02 - Dec 20 by saint22

Great post and lucky you to be there!
We are a very good unit now and gradually adding depth
I do wonder about Ralph’s subs at times tho, N’Lundulu would have been an interesting choice over tella and hopefully djenepo sits out the next few

I know you seem to rate N'Lundlo but have we seen enough of him when we are now starting to seriously challenge for top 8 again. Ralph sees him every day in training and maybe feels that Djenepo is ahead of him? At least there does seem to be some competition for places now
Bednarek on 12:24 - Dec 20 with 1485 viewsMytchettSaint

Djnepo has had a couple of poor games now, Brighton and yesterday in particular. Giving the ball away far too many times. Ralph has criticised Obafemi for being poor when handed a chance so I think Djnepo needs a spell away from the starting line up working on his game.
I thought Redmond should have started yesterday but as saint22 said, he came on and had a stinker - that happens unfortunately.
I hope Ings when he returns is fully fit, he hasn’t looked quite there despite the work rate of closing down he does when we don’t have the ball.
The stand out performers yesterday were KWP, Walcott and Vestergaard for me. They were all 10/10 performances from them.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Bednarek on 15:02 - Dec 20 with 1415 viewsRon11

'Slow down the play' constantly when you're 1-0 down. No, you do that when you're 1-0 UP.
Slowing down the play right where City are waiting to pounce (which they did) is asking for trouble.
Bednarek on 15:09 - Dec 20 with 1413 viewsRon11

Bednarek on 10:08 - Dec 20 by SalisburySaint

Spot on.

I didn't see Bednarek even look for an opportunity , it was an immediate return of pass or back to McCarthy.
When you're losing passing back to McCarthy so he can kick the ball straight out to the opposition is not the answer.
Vestergaard was the one looking forward and trying to pass the pall in a constructive manner.
And I would say trying to find players in space in midfield would come under the category of moving the ball forward would it not?
Nobody's talking about hoofball here ....
Bednarek on 16:13 - Dec 20 with 1390 viewssaint22

Bednarek on 15:09 - Dec 20 by Ron11

I didn't see Bednarek even look for an opportunity , it was an immediate return of pass or back to McCarthy.
When you're losing passing back to McCarthy so he can kick the ball straight out to the opposition is not the answer.
Vestergaard was the one looking forward and trying to pass the pall in a constructive manner.
And I would say trying to find players in space in midfield would come under the category of moving the ball forward would it not?

Passing back to McCarthy should be a last resort, his kicking is atrocious!
Does he ever find a saints head with his clearances?
Bednarek on 16:26 - Dec 20 with 1385 viewsSalisburySaint

Bednarek on 15:09 - Dec 20 by Ron11

Well as one of those lucky enough to be in the ground, I can assure you he did look forward the majority of the time, often passing to KWP, but on many occasions a pass was not on, so he passed it back to McCarthy or across to Vestergaard
Bednarek on 18:20 - Dec 20 with 1360 viewsBerber

Bednarek has never been great on passing forward. With JS he also passes it across because JS is a better distributor. Sure it is not a major part of his game and never has been. Clearly RH rates him above JS and Salisu, so no point hoping for something from a player that isn’t there.
Bednarek on 19:03 - Dec 20 with 1344 viewsSadoldgit

A fully fit Ings and Armstrong are crucial to our attacking threat. We missed both badly yesterday.
Bednarek on 19:29 - Dec 20 with 1332 viewsBicester_North

Bednarek on 07:25 - Dec 20 by saint22

You kept demanding Boufal be recalled you clueless wretch.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Bednarek on 19:34 - Dec 20 with 1328 viewsBicester_North

Bednarek on 16:13 - Dec 20 by saint22

Passing back to McCarthy should be a last resort, his kicking is atrocious!
Does he ever find a saints head with his clearances?

There are plenty of expensive keepers good with their feet but error prone.

I reckon McCarthy has saved us more points than he would’ve gained by kicking well.

If you want a top goalkeeper who can also pass well you’re talking 40 million plus

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Bednarek on 21:13 - Dec 20 with 1288 viewsgrumpy

Bednarek on 19:34 - Dec 20 by Bicester_North

There are plenty of expensive keepers good with their feet but error prone.

I reckon McCarthy has saved us more points than he would’ve gained by kicking well.

If you want a top goalkeeper who can also pass well you’re talking 40 million plus

McCarthy made a save against City that could only be described as world class.
Bednarek on 22:34 - Dec 20 with 1253 viewsRon11

Bednarek on 16:26 - Dec 20 by SalisburySaint

Well as one of those lucky enough to be in the ground, I can assure you he did look forward the majority of the time, often passing to KWP, but on many occasions a pass was not on, so he passed it back to McCarthy or across to Vestergaard

I watched it on Amazon Prime, and I can assure you he didn't look forward most of the time, Vestergaard however did.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024