Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread 14:54 - Dec 29 with 3526 viewsSaintNick

Ill kick this one off with the news that Ralph will miss the game due to self isolating

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 17:47 - Dec 29 with 635 viewsIngskneeslide

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 17:05 - Dec 29 by saint22

Hope Ings isn’t being rushed
Not sure Djenepo should be a starter

T.W.A.T
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 17:51 - Dec 29 with 615 viewsSadoldgit

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 17:24 - Dec 29 by Bicester_North

5 changes to West Ham, bit of a lack of pace for them which is good news for us

Glad to see Antonio on the bench.
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 17:54 - Dec 29 with 602 views1885_SFC

I still don't think Armstrong has been quite the same since he was sent home from the Scotland squad with that Covid scare.

Hope Djenepo really makes the most of his chance tonight.

Old School is Cool

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:01 - Dec 29 with 574 viewskingslandstand1

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 17:42 - Dec 29 by dirk_doone

They've been unlucky with their Christmas schedule. They have to play 3 games in 6 days whereas we only have 3 in 10 days.

To be fare ............................. I'm not going to be and hopefully we can take advantage of that
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:11 - Dec 29 with 556 views1885_SFC

FFS. All 3 of our last goals have been ruled out for offside.

Old School is Cool

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:12 - Dec 29 with 552 viewsButty101

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:01 - Dec 29 by kingslandstand1

To be fare ............................. I'm not going to be and hopefully we can take advantage of that

I like Adams he has a great work rate and is unselfish. However hes never going to be a clinical striker and we are about his level.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:23 - Dec 29 with 530 viewsSonicBoom

One good final ball and we're in here. So far its been sloppy though.
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:27 - Dec 29 with 520 viewssaint22

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 17:54 - Dec 29 by 1885_SFC

I still don't think Armstrong has been quite the same since he was sent home from the Scotland squad with that Covid scare.

Hope Djenepo really makes the most of his chance tonight.

Well he isn’t
It’s like having ten men
He drifts all over the place, never gives Bertrand an option down the line and gives it away too easily
Login to get fewer ads

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:37 - Dec 29 with 480 viewsIngskneeslide

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:27 - Dec 29 by saint22

Well he isn’t
It’s like having ten men
He drifts all over the place, never gives Bertrand an option down the line and gives it away too easily

Have you forgotten that you suggested Djenepo should play on the left earlier in this very thread? Why do you think professional football is like a fûcking PlayStation game?
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:41 - Dec 29 with 466 viewsA1079

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:37 - Dec 29 by Ingskneeslide

Have you forgotten that you suggested Djenepo should play on the left earlier in this very thread? Why do you think professional football is like a fûcking PlayStation game?

I know patience is everything but so far I feel frustrated watching this. Apart from a couple of chances offered very little in the final third. Some of our passing has been sloppy and loose. Seems too pedestrian to me against a side that thus far has offered nothing.
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:47 - Dec 29 with 449 viewsButty101

Text book 22 :-)

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:47 - Dec 29 with 447 viewsSonicBoom

Is it ok to admit that I'm bored?
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:47 - Dec 29 with 442 viewsBicester_North

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:41 - Dec 29 by A1079

I know patience is everything but so far I feel frustrated watching this. Apart from a couple of chances offered very little in the final third. Some of our passing has been sloppy and loose. Seems too pedestrian to me against a side that thus far has offered nothing.

Players that were 8/9 out of 10 earlier in the season now more like 6. Probably inevitable they can’t keep it up the whole time. Almost like we need a couple of weeks break the way we play and the squad we have.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:48 - Dec 29 with 431 viewssaint22

No I said Armstrong or Djenepo (???) meaning I would playArmstrong and would question praying djenepo who is now answering that in spades
Do one numpty
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:48 - Dec 29 with 431 viewsJaySaint

Another 45 mins where we fail to threaten the oppo keeper.

Teams are just defending deep and narrow against us. Job done

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:49 - Dec 29 with 423 viewssaint22

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:41 - Dec 29 by A1079

Our final ball or decision is very poor
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:49 - Dec 29 with 418 viewsSadoldgit

West Ham are poor. We really should have taken them to the cleaners in that half. FFS. Why can’t we sort out the offside issue? We really need to step things up.
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:51 - Dec 29 with 409 viewsA1079

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:47 - Dec 29 by SonicBoom

Is it ok to admit that I'm bored?

No Sonic, I am too but was almost afraid to say it in fear of abuse. But, as it is I would rather watch paint dry.

There seems to be no urgency and yet West Ham offered nothing, but neither did we that much. We seem so lethargic and lacking in creativity lately and making no impact in areas where it hurts. West Ham I am sure will not be that quiet in the 2nd half.

I recall 2 chances from us and both were off-side. I almost think we would welcome a lockdown break.
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:55 - Dec 29 with 390 viewsKennington

I said it last season that Armstrong was playing the best football of his career. The question was could he maintain it? So far this season he’s reverted back to his standard level.

As to this evening, we really should win this, we look good and pacey going forward.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:57 - Dec 29 with 376 viewsSaintsforeverj

We are mostly in control but we just arn't quick enough. We need to speed up, get really intense and be more aggressive. If we can, we will win this game.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 19:00 - Dec 29 with 367 viewsSonicBoom

Wouldn't it be good to see Bertie and Djenepo pushing forward together on the left in the same way KWP and Walcott do down the right....
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 19:00]
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 19:01 - Dec 29 with 358 views1885_SFC

Fat Sam, after his draw at Liverpool, back to earth tonight with a HT score of WBA 0 Leeds 4.

Useless dinosaur.

Meanwhile - it's all a tad dull at St Mary's tonight. Armstrong on for Moussa at HT I reckon. I can't see Ingsy lasting 90 minutes, so let's hope N'Lundulu or Tella can make it count.

Old School is Cool

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 19:08 - Dec 29 with 335 viewsIngskneeslide

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:51 - Dec 29 by A1079

No Sonic, I am too but was almost afraid to say it in fear of abuse. But, as it is I would rather watch paint dry.

There seems to be no urgency and yet West Ham offered nothing, but neither did we that much. We seem so lethargic and lacking in creativity lately and making no impact in areas where it hurts. West Ham I am sure will not be that quiet in the 2nd half.

I recall 2 chances from us and both were off-side. I almost think we would welcome a lockdown break.

With respect A1079, you used to be really positive and insightful with your away game reports but now you seem to have joined the rest of the negative ninnies on here despite us playing some of our best football for years this season (though not tonight). What’s happened?
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 19:13 - Dec 29 with 324 viewsA1079

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 19:08 - Dec 29 by Ingskneeslide

With respect A1079, you used to be really positive and insightful with your away game reports but now you seem to have joined the rest of the negative ninnies on here despite us playing some of our best football for years this season (though not tonight). What’s happened?

I think I have become a miserable old git Ingskneeslide. My apologies. I will try to snap out of it. I think I am missing actually going to games. Watching it on TV I find more frustrating weirdly.

I appreciate your honesty by the way.
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 19:16 - Dec 29 with 314 viewsButty101

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 19:08 - Dec 29 by Ingskneeslide

to be fair its bloody dull. We have run out of ideas

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024