Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread 14:54 - Dec 29 with 3524 viewsSaintNick

Ill kick this one off with the news that Ralph will miss the game due to self isolating

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:08 - Dec 29 with 765 viewsdarthvader

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 18:47 - Dec 29 by Bicester_North

Players that were 8/9 out of 10 earlier in the season now more like 6. Probably inevitable they can’t keep it up the whole time. Almost like we need a couple of weeks break the way we play and the squad we have.

Im hoping that there is a two week or more break, we dont look anywhere near as good as we have been( before the draw with wolves) .

Glad we didnt lose ofcourse as was almost expecting to when Antonio came on . But we should realy have hammered these irons.(see what i did there?) and fulham on boxing day .

On to the next home game . i wonder if our knack of beating the teams in top place this season will continue ?

keep the faith coyr

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:08 - Dec 29 with 762 viewsA1079

West Ham achieved what they set out to do. To nullify our attack by packing the midfield and defence and hope to steal a goal if they could - and they nearly did. Made for a dull game because as a reporter would say, it was a match where the defences were on top.

It is not a disaster and as Bicester says, it is a reality check. We don't yet have the quality in depth to challenge seriously for the top 6 but in the past we would have lost games like this and I would rather a point than nothing at all and it is 2 clean sheets.

I am not convinced we brought on the right replacements for Adams and Djenepo though I think it was the right decision to take both of them off. There was quite a few sloppy passes and we lost the ball in the upper third too often.

I think teams have worked us out which is making it more difficult and we need to mix our game up more or bring on someone who can inject some pace when some of the team start to tire - Long is never going to do that now. Oppositions are happy for us to have loads of possession in the first half but keep it 0-0 or at least not go behind too much knowing we tend to weaken as the 2nd half progresses.

I think we will click again though we may have to wait and be patient, something I am not good at when it comes to watching us on TV.
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:10 - Dec 29 with 749 viewsTripleNiemi

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 19:58 - Dec 29 by Saintsforeverj

Nonsense. In Koeman's year, we lost to Norwich at Christmas and we were about 17th. We pulled it around to finish 6th. We are 9th a few points off the top 4. These are games we might have lost in the past. We can't and won't win every single match! It's a tough league.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 19:59]

Top post.....

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:13 - Dec 29 with 725 views1885_SFC

That's two clean sheets in a row... looking for positives.

Still only a handful of points off the top teams with a long way to go.

Ings isn't fit yet. Redmond is out still and whatever you think of him, he causes problems and on his day, he can and does score.

Thought Theo did well again tonight. Can't ever knock his effort. Could have done with Armstrong coming on for Moussa a lot earlier.

A shame that our last 3 goals have all been ruled out for offside. Fine margins.

Old School is Cool

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:15 - Dec 29 with 705 viewsA1079

Richard Kitzbichler came over really well in that interview and seems a really decent guy.

Also end of 2020 with our football and to try and pick up on where Ingskneeslide commented and end on a positive note. We really have come along way this calendar year. I/we are disappointed with games like today and against Fulham because RH has given us hope but we really have progressed. There is work to do and we need a bit more depth but overall we are moving in the right direction.
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:17 - Dec 29 with 698 viewsSadoldgit

West Ham upped their game in the second half. We didn’t. We seem to have lost our mojo and look pretty toothless. Happy with a point but not so long ago we would have taken all six points from the last two games.
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:19 - Dec 29 with 688 viewsInsideOut

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:17 - Dec 29 by Sadoldgit

West Ham upped their game in the second half. We didn’t. We seem to have lost our mojo and look pretty toothless. Happy with a point but not so long ago we would have taken all six points from the last two games.

Yeah, with everyone fit and one game a week we are relatively good compared to most prem teams. We can't handle injuries, suspensions and less recovery time. Ralph has got the first team playing good but needs more time to work on the rest of the squad and variations in the team. A lot of it came from having a settled 11 who got used to playing together.

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Dec 29 with 652 viewssaint22

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 19:58 - Dec 29 by Ingskneeslide

Supporting Saints really isn’t for you pal. Just Fück off, seriously. There’s Pompey fans that I have more respect for than the likes of you

Well good for you, why not go hang with them then?
I have supported Saints long enough to be allowed to whinge when we don’t capitalise against teams we should be beating pal
Login to get fewer ads

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:34 - Dec 29 with 625 viewsBicester_North

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Dec 29 by saint22

I have supported Saints long enough to be allowed to whinge when we don’t capitalise against teams we should be beating pal

“Go hang with them”, are we 14 year olds in California?

You have never supported Saints have you Benny, you little liar.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:35 - Dec 29 with 624 viewsKennington

Two similar teams tonight and a point was fair. It shows the progress we’ve made as not too long ago we were scraping around with teams of a far lower calibre. So do cheer up everyone.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:39 - Dec 29 with 605 viewsBicester_North

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:35 - Dec 29 by Kennington

Two similar teams tonight and a point was fair. It shows the progress we’ve made as not too long ago we were scraping around with teams of a far lower calibre. So do cheer up everyone.

Too right. If we were somewhere near the relegation zone I could understand the slagging.

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:40 - Dec 29 with 601 viewsInsideOut

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

We're still ok, growing with a manager we can get behind. Some ups, some downs, nothing really to worry about. Djenepo is getting the game time he needs and will be an asset when he comes good. Armstrong, Adams and Ings will get their form back soon enough. Under the circumstances and relative to our usual situation, we should be happy but there's no pleasing some people.

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:41 - Dec 29 with 593 viewsBerber

0-0 against a bogey side is not a bad outcome. I found myself dozing off at times, West ham had their defence well organised and we seldom looked like cracking the code. We had a few overlaps down the right flank but the final ball across was too often not good enough.

Down the left flank, every side we play against knows we will almost never get to the byline and put a dangerous cross in. We nearly always pass it back and come inside giving ample time for the defence to reset.

Sadly today Adams gave the ball away too often though he was unlucky with the offside, by Djeneppo's standards of late, he had a decent game, but never really dangerous. Same with Armstrong. Theo worked hard, created some chances but frequently had a poor touch when it counted.

If JWP got into the shooting opportunities that Romeu does, we might get a better outcome. However if this were to be our bad patch in the season, I'll be more than happy. But I don't think so.
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:44 - Dec 29 with 581 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:35 - Dec 29 by Kennington

Yep, and I would put a bet on Saints beating Liverpool at home. In that game, we will have extra energy. We are 9th, clean sheets in a row, we know we have a decent team and great manager. We weren't at our best tonight but we are going to have ups and downs like any team. No need for any moans. My confidence comes from knowing Ralph will sort it out and we will get winning again. After the first half of last year, there really isn't anything to moan about!
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 20:45]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:46 - Dec 29 with 558 viewsBicester_North

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:44 - Dec 29 by Saintsforeverj

Yep, and I would put a bet on Saints beating Liverpool at home. In that game, we will have extra energy. We are 9th, clean sheets in a row, we know we have a decent team and great manager. We weren't at our best tonight but we are going to have ups and downs like any team. No need for any moans. My confidence comes from knowing Ralph will sort it out and we will get winning again. After the first half of last year, there really isn't anything to moan about!
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 20:45]

I reckon if fans were at St Mary’s tonight there would’ve been groans every time we passed backwards and it could’ve been the sort of game we lost late on.

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:51 - Dec 29 with 530 viewsHeisenberg

Trouble is 22 is you whinge all the time. Just enjoy it. If you have supported Saints for all these years you would know this is a decent side giving it all with a good manager taking them forward. Roll with the good times I reckon.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:51 - Dec 29 with 530 viewssaint22

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:40 - Dec 29 by InsideOut

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

We're still ok, growing with a manager we can get behind. Some ups, some downs, nothing really to worry about. Djenepo is getting the game time he needs and will be an asset when he comes good. Armstrong, Adams and Ings will get their form back soon enough. Under the circumstances and relative to our usual situation, we should be happy but there's no pleasing some people.

Djenepo isn’t good enough
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:54 - Dec 29 with 522 viewsSadoldgit

Stephens didn’t have a bad game tonight but gave the ball away twice in positions that they should have scored from. He does this in most matches. He really should have sorted his concentration out by now. If he does it again against Liverpool we are stuffed.
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 21:08 - Dec 29 with 477 viewsTripleNiemi

How did you cope with the regular relegation battles pal??? You must have a good ticker.......
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 21:09]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 21:13 - Dec 29 with 467 viewssaint22

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 21:08 - Dec 29 by TripleNiemi

How did you cope with the regular relegation battles pal??? You must have a good ticker.......
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 21:09]

Got used to those pal and never expected much more
That’s why when we start looking good I get so wound up when we go off the boil, carry players like Djenepo, make sloppy passes and so on
We looked a unit against Man City but lost which I get
Under par against Fulham and west ham I don’t get
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 21:14 - Dec 29 with 459 viewssaint22

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:51 - Dec 29 by Heisenberg

Trouble is 22 is you whinge all the time. Just enjoy it. If you have supported Saints for all these years you would know this is a decent side giving it all with a good manager taking them forward. Roll with the good times I reckon.

I like a bit of ambition and we seem to start looking like we may kick on but then we put in two abject performances like that
Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 21:15 - Dec 29 with 456 viewsBicester_North

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 21:13 - Dec 29 by saint22

Got used to those pal and never expected much more
That’s why when we start looking good I get so wound up when we go off the boil, carry players like Djenepo, make sloppy passes and so on
We looked a unit against Man City but lost which I get
Under par against Fulham and west ham I don’t get

Lying again, you only became aware of football when soccer am went on telly and the like of James Corden said they liked it.

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 21:16 - Dec 29 with 453 viewsBicester_North

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 21:14 - Dec 29 by saint22

I like a bit of ambition and we seem to start looking like we may kick on but then we put in two abject performances like that

Abject, you complete gimp. I repeat, f*ck off and support Liverpool, or put up with your league one minnows.

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 21:34 - Dec 29 with 411 viewsInsideOut

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 20:51 - Dec 29 by saint22

Djenepo isn’t good enough

I think it's fair to say that most football pundits have been very complimentary about our manager. I've even read about him being fancied at big clubs like ManU. But you always think you know better than Ralph.

Is it all part of your fantasy forum character or a bad case of inflated ego ?

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 21:41 - Dec 29 with 393 viewsIngskneeslide

Saints V West Ham Matchday Thread on 21:34 - Dec 29 by InsideOut

I think it's fair to say that most football pundits have been very complimentary about our manager. I've even read about him being fancied at big clubs like ManU. But you always think you know better than Ralph.

Is it all part of your fantasy forum character or a bad case of inflated ego ?

Premier League, Bundesliga and Champions League winner Owen Hargreaves erroneously thought Saints fans should be very proud and excited about where our manager, team and club is at at the moment. He clearly hadn’t done his research by reading this board to understand how ‘abject’ we are
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024