Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is Brexit 15:29 - Jan 21 with 26255 viewsinthebox

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/21/britons-buying-from-eu-websites
This is Brexit on 01:07 - Aug 21 with 2074 viewsDorsetIan

This is Brexit on 17:34 - Aug 20 by Berber

The problem is, when there is so much crud and observable deceptions mixed in with truths it becomes meaningless to try to separate them as nobody knows where the boundaries are. That is usually done on partisan lines, which most of the discussion about Cummings has taken place.

That Boris is far from ideal is pretty much indisputable. The big problem is that there are no obvious politicians in any of the parties that have enough political weight, (ignoring the intellectual and moral aspects where the judgement would still probably apply) so we end up with the best of a shabby bunch winning the election.

No, the problem is that Johnson’s performance as a Brexit attack dog has blinded millions to his catastrophic flaws.

And it’s not that he’s ‚not ideal‘. He’s not fit to govern. And unfortunately for the
UK we have had the very worst bunch possible in charge as we navigate EU withdrawal, Covid and now withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

This is Brexit on 01:32 - Aug 21 with 2065 viewsBicester_North

This is Brexit on 01:07 - Aug 21 by DorsetIan

No, the problem is that Johnson’s performance as a Brexit attack dog has blinded millions to his catastrophic flaws.

And it’s not that he’s ‚not ideal‘. He’s not fit to govern. And unfortunately for the
UK we have had the very worst bunch possible in charge as we navigate EU withdrawal, Covid and now withdrawal from Afghanistan.

We should’ve voted Corbyn and the gang in, they’d have it all sorted.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

This is Brexit on 06:29 - Aug 21 with 2039 viewsBerber

This is Brexit on 01:07 - Aug 21 by DorsetIan

The problem with assessing whether you think people are fit to govern, can really only be assessed when they are tasked with doing it. Compared to Trump (whom most Brits thought not fit to govern during his presidency, but more of a buffoon prior to that) Biden seemed to be "safe hands". However, based on dodgy US intelligence (and Tony Blair knows all about that), he has pulled the plug without a clear plan of what to do in the event things went south faster than anticipated. Britain and the other allies likewise. But there is no doubt that the debacle is US driven, as the others were not capable to hold the fort without the US commitment.

Using the Brexit theme, the majority of the Conservative Party, and the country as it subsequently turned out thought that Theresa May was not fit to govern. She would have had us in an agreement with "shadow" EU membership, and clearly, a majority did not want that. What you see as catastrophic flaws, don't seem to be seen the same way according to public opinion, in the same way that many Republicans saw Trump as flawed but preferred.

The media, as usual take the sensationalist approach and have turned the Raab telephone call into fake news territory. (I should make it clear that I have never rated Raab, and do not forsee any circumstances in which I would.) However, I have seen media comparisons of when Lord Carringdon resigned after UK intelligence disastrously mis-judged Argentine intentions re the Falklands, where all the inputs and control was in his hands. This is hardly the case for Raab. Little is made that the Afghan minister was refusing to hold the call with a junior minister. If he thought it so urgent, how come he thought it better to not have the discussion instead of waiting for a call back? But proper investigation and a balanced view don't get headlines do they?

Your opinion is that the very worst bunch are in charge, fair enough. There is still a substantial majority in the country that think they are the best (not the cream for sure) of a larger very worst bunch of politicians.
This is Brexit on 10:12 - Aug 21 with 1995 viewskentsouthampton

This is Brexit on 06:29 - Aug 21 by Berber

The problem with assessing whether you think people are fit to govern, can really only be assessed when they are tasked with doing it. Compared to Trump (whom most Brits thought not fit to govern during his presidency, but more of a buffoon prior to that) Biden seemed to be "safe hands". However, based on dodgy US intelligence (and Tony Blair knows all about that), he has pulled the plug without a clear plan of what to do in the event things went south faster than anticipated. Britain and the other allies likewise. But there is no doubt that the debacle is US driven, as the others were not capable to hold the fort without the US commitment.

Using the Brexit theme, the majority of the Conservative Party, and the country as it subsequently turned out thought that Theresa May was not fit to govern. She would have had us in an agreement with "shadow" EU membership, and clearly, a majority did not want that. What you see as catastrophic flaws, don't seem to be seen the same way according to public opinion, in the same way that many Republicans saw Trump as flawed but preferred.

The media, as usual take the sensationalist approach and have turned the Raab telephone call into fake news territory. (I should make it clear that I have never rated Raab, and do not forsee any circumstances in which I would.) However, I have seen media comparisons of when Lord Carringdon resigned after UK intelligence disastrously mis-judged Argentine intentions re the Falklands, where all the inputs and control was in his hands. This is hardly the case for Raab. Little is made that the Afghan minister was refusing to hold the call with a junior minister. If he thought it so urgent, how come he thought it better to not have the discussion instead of waiting for a call back? But proper investigation and a balanced view don't get headlines do they?

Your opinion is that the very worst bunch are in charge, fair enough. There is still a substantial majority in the country that think they are the best (not the cream for sure) of a larger very worst bunch of politicians.

Raab spent all day on a sun lounger rather than make the call, that's a fact, if that's not dereliction of his job then I don't know what is.
It would help if he didn't look like a dog being shown a card trick every time he's confronted with something.
This is Brexit on 11:30 - Aug 21 with 1979 viewsSadoldgit

This is Brexit on 10:12 - Aug 21 by kentsouthampton

Raab spent all day on a sun lounger rather than make the call, that's a fact, if that's not dereliction of his job then I don't know what is.
It would help if he didn't look like a dog being shown a card trick every time he's confronted with something.

Totally agree. And to say this is the best of a bad bunch is wide of the mark. This is probably the worst collection of cabinet ministers in my lifetime and you can’t really compare them with other present opposition party members as the Tories have been in power for over 10 years. I’d like to think that anyone from the opposition parties would at least do the job they had been tasked with. They seem to take their lead from an ineffectual responsibility shy PM.
This is Brexit on 11:42 - Aug 21 with 1980 viewsDorsetIan

This is Brexit on 06:29 - Aug 21 by Berber

You’re good at positioning yourself in the moderate middle ground but, go on, what personal qualities do any of Johnson, Raab, Wiiliamson or Patel have which might make them good at doing the jobs they do?

Because all the evidence is that not of them are good at the jobs they do, and are only doing them because they are Brexit people.

It might estimation any decent PM should have sacked the other three and Johnson himself should have resigned when he realised he was so seriously out of his depth over Covid. He‘s a chancer - that’s all there is to it.

This is Brexit on 12:29 - Aug 21 with 1969 viewskentsouthampton

This is Brexit on 01:32 - Aug 21 by Bicester_North

We should’ve voted Corbyn and the gang in, they’d have it all sorted.

But Corbyn, the go to excuse for the cranially bankrupt.
This is Brexit on 12:45 - Aug 21 with 1961 viewsBicester_North

This is Brexit on 12:29 - Aug 21 by kentsouthampton

But Corbyn, the go to excuse for the cranially bankrupt.

Whatever you think of me, at least I don’t pretend on my rivals board that I have a luxurious kitchen, even going to the lengths of posting a brochure picture and claiming it as my own.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 12:45]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

This is Brexit on 14:38 - Aug 21 with 1927 viewsBerber

This is Brexit on 11:42 - Aug 21 by DorsetIan

You’re good at positioning yourself in the moderate middle ground but, go on, what personal qualities do any of Johnson, Raab, Wiiliamson or Patel have which might make them good at doing the jobs they do?

Because all the evidence is that not of them are good at the jobs they do, and are only doing them because they are Brexit people.

It might estimation any decent PM should have sacked the other three and Johnson himself should have resigned when he realised he was so seriously out of his depth over Covid. He‘s a chancer - that’s all there is to it.

You have missed the point I have made several times. None of them hold demonstrable exemplary qualities, they just looked better than the rest of the political riffraff. They have done so at a couple of general elections, the Brexit referendum and the Tory party leadership election. How about you show what others in the UK have actually done ( rather than whinged about in retrospect) that is better, as this is the point I have been pushing all along.

I am no admirer of Johnson, Rabb, Patel and Williamson. Nor Gove if it comes to it who is my local MP. I just don’t see anyone else that looks like they could do a better job, apart from maybe Sturgeon, who is a Machiavellian as the rest.
This is Brexit on 15:51 - Aug 21 with 1908 viewskentsouthampton

This is Brexit on 14:38 - Aug 21 by Berber

You have missed the point I have made several times. None of them hold demonstrable exemplary qualities, they just looked better than the rest of the political riffraff. They have done so at a couple of general elections, the Brexit referendum and the Tory party leadership election. How about you show what others in the UK have actually done ( rather than whinged about in retrospect) that is better, as this is the point I have been pushing all along.

I am no admirer of Johnson, Rabb, Patel and Williamson. Nor Gove if it comes to it who is my local MP. I just don’t see anyone else that looks like they could do a better job, apart from maybe Sturgeon, who is a Machiavellian as the rest.

I'd take Sturgeon over any of them, she fights tooth and nail for Scotland and it's people, the tramp clown and his rag tag band of followers fight tooth and nail to line their own pockets and further their own interests.
This is Brexit on 15:58 - Aug 21 with 1890 viewsButty101

This is Brexit on 15:51 - Aug 21 by kentsouthampton

I'd take Sturgeon over any of them, she fights tooth and nail for Scotland and it's people, the tramp clown and his rag tag band of followers fight tooth and nail to line their own pockets and further their own interests.

I’m not sure she’s that bothered about the people who die from drug addiction. Numbers have spiralled under her watch.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

This is Brexit on 16:04 - Aug 21 with 1896 viewsBazza

Sturgeon is a clever politician but no way is she good for the Scottish people who will be bankrupt if they ever get independence.
This is Brexit on 17:17 - Aug 21 with 1879 viewssaint68

And there it is...the lack of awareness of the damage she's done to education and infrastructure to Scotland is astounding...you deserve each other..pair of maniacs with very little between the ears.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

This is Brexit on 17:53 - Aug 21 with 1866 viewsDorsetIan

This is Brexit on 14:38 - Aug 21 by Berber

I’ve said on here many times before that most of the select committee chairs appear very competent. And, of course, so many of the sensible Tory MPs were kicked out.

Your wrong when you say they looked better. They are only there because of Brexit. The votes were purely tribal and nothing at all to do with competence.

That level of tribalism around one issue was pretty unique in British politics and we’ve got a uniquely hopeless bunch in charge as a result.

Tbh, probably the only one with any brains and an idea of a strategy for the
UK was Cummings. He was unpleasant, but at least had a plan and a track record of success.

This is Brexit on 10:40 - Aug 22 with 1800 viewsBerber

This is Brexit on 17:17 - Aug 21 by saint68

And there it is...the lack of awareness of the damage she's done to education and infrastructure to Scotland is astounding...you deserve each other..pair of maniacs with very little between the ears.

I hope you mean Nicholas and Ian, lol
This is Brexit on 08:52 - Sep 15 with 1619 viewsSadoldgit

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/sep/14/rishi-sunak-gives-blessing-to-f

We may have got our country back, but how much of it do we actually own?
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 8:54]
This is Brexit on 11:27 - Sep 15 with 1572 viewsBison

This is Brexit on 08:52 - Sep 15 by Sadoldgit

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/sep/14/rishi-sunak-gives-blessing-to-f

Sounds great news SoG's that Government Future fund looks like a good idea with them investing in multiple tech industries and companies. Not sure how much of that would be allowed under EU rules and government investing in the private sector.

Meanwhile the 'Economic' block across the channel ( The Germans and French ) seem to think they need a European army.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/ursula-von-der-leyen-demands-eu-military-in

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

This is Brexit on 18:13 - Sep 15 with 1533 viewsBerber

This is Brexit on 08:52 - Sep 15 by Sadoldgit

And how much do we own abroad?

Most big company shareholdings are held by pension funds anyway, so (probably) a sizeable chunk of any private pension will be paid out of the dividends earned by those "foreign" companies.
This is Brexit on 19:53 - Sep 22 with 1408 viewsSadoldgit

Spoke to someone who works in logistics today. Lorry drivers were earning around £34k recently and that has gone up to around £50k now and drivers are being tapped up at service stations and being offered a £2k bonus to sign up for rival companies.
A friend of my wife has been told she cannot have a blood test at the moment because no one can get hold of the tubes that the blood goes in to.
A friend of mine runs a flooring business and says wholesale prices used to go up annually but are now going up every 3 months.
As ever, price increases will be passed on to the consumers.
Happy days!
This is Brexit on 20:34 - Sep 22 with 1395 viewsDorsetIan

This is Brexit on 19:53 - Sep 22 by Sadoldgit

Spoke to someone who works in logistics today. Lorry drivers were earning around £34k recently and that has gone up to around £50k now and drivers are being tapped up at service stations and being offered a £2k bonus to sign up for rival companies.
A friend of my wife has been told she cannot have a blood test at the moment because no one can get hold of the tubes that the blood goes in to.
A friend of mine runs a flooring business and says wholesale prices used to go up annually but are now going up every 3 months.
Happy days!

You can't put a price on sovereignty, Sogs.

And don't forget the £350 million a week that we're saving.

I bought a piece of 8 x 4 9mil ply about 6 months ago, and the price has gone up 60% since then, so I'm laughing !!

This is Brexit on 21:58 - Sep 22 with 1351 viewsButty101

This is Brexit on 19:53 - Sep 22 by Sadoldgit

Happy days!

As if you have friends

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

This is Brexit on 15:56 - Sep 27 with 1182 viewsDorsetIan

This is Brexit on 10:01 - Jan 23 by Bison

Are you randomly just looking for Brexit stories or actively looking for bad ones ?

Your life must of drastically changed since Brexit because you can't get a sprocket from Holland for your mountain bike or your new designer bed linen cost more than you expected when you ordered online.

Why so bitter mate ?

Feel free to post some positive stories, Bison. I'm always happy to take the smooth with the rough.

(P.S. I've seen the one about the trade deal we signed with Liechenstein, the sixth smallest country in the world.)

This is Brexit on 17:11 - Sep 27 with 1154 viewsBazza

This is Brexit on 15:56 - Sep 27 by DorsetIan

Feel free to post some positive stories, Bison. I'm always happy to take the smooth with the rough.

(P.S. I've seen the one about the trade deal we signed with Liechenstein, the sixth smallest country in the world.)

Big deal just signed by Rolls Royce with USA company shows you don’t have to have a trade deal with a country to trade with it.
This is Brexit on 18:08 - Sep 27 with 1129 viewsdirk_doone

All the latest news about Brexit from all sources is here:

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/UK/Brexit

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

This is Brexit on 22:09 - Sep 30 with 1032 viewsBison

This is Brexit on 15:56 - Sep 27 by DorsetIan

Wow you replied to a post I made on the 23rd of January , my mums birthday by the way. You still feel the same way about

'Saints fans should give Pellegrini more time' ?

DorsetIan added 12:08 - Oct 17
More time definitely needed, and can't underestimate how much all the VVD nonsense has hampered MP in his start. Even now a half-ready VVD is keeping Hoedt out, when the latter really impressed and could be building a solid p/ship with Yoshida. For me, there have been too many games now when we have disappointed in the final third to suggest anything other than a fundamental problem with quality. But it is in midfield, not upfront. On Saturday, swapping a forward centre midfielder for another forward, left those at the back constantly looking for someone to pass to, and Redmond and Tadic on the wings just aren't delivering what they need to. Despite all the evidence, I still hold out great hopes for Boufal. He at least is trying to take on defenders. When WBA park their three double deckers on Saturday, we are going to need a bit of magic to get through...

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024