Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is Brexit 15:29 - Jan 21 with 26248 viewsinthebox

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/21/britons-buying-from-eu-websites
This is Brexit on 09:56 - Jun 25 with 1594 viewsBazza

This is Brexit on 08:50 - Jun 25 by Sadoldgit

Nice use of the word “dictating”. You seem to be stuck in the 70’s.

All you perpetual retainers seem to forget that Uk MEPs were consistently outvoted by the German and French axis. UK opinion was often isolated and mostly ignored. The idea of a wonderful happy Europe was only ever on German and French terms moving continuously towards a political union. The UK was always the outsider scarcely tolerated.
This is Brexit on 10:05 - Jun 25 with 1590 viewsBerber

This is Brexit on 07:30 - Jun 25 by Butty101

I see Germany are dictating to the rest of Europe, about letting holiday makers from the UK in. Personally im glad we are no longer being dictacted to.

On this one, I say "Hooray for Angela", I saw it as sound advice. The more of us going into Europe this summer, the greater the chance of bringing back new variants. If I was in a EU country, I wouldn't want us there either. Boris and co made a huge mistake by not banning travel inwards from India sooner, and the EU do not want to make the same mistake with us (except the Spanish. who seemingly don't care about the safety of their citizens). Even Portugal agreed with her. Epidemiologists reckon that the delay in red listing India caused at leas 500 seeding events throughout this country, which made it almost impossible to stop the spread of the Delta variant.

We now have an additional 10 people a day dying compared to 10 days ago, because of the the dithering (again) and if it was a flaw with a transport system or some other healthcare failure causing it, they would have stepped in long ago. Whilst government spokesmen are stating that the link between cases and deaths has been severely compromised and "encouraging" people to holiday abroad, in 10 days time, deaths per day are likely to be up 40, and 80 ten days after that.

Personally, I don't care if half of the travel industry goes broke (as they suggest will happen if travel isn't immediately freed up) as once we can safely fly again, there will be no shortage of planes, fuel or services to meet demand.
This is Brexit on 10:06 - Jun 25 with 1590 viewsSadoldgit

This is Brexit on 09:56 - Jun 25 by Bazza

All you perpetual retainers seem to forget that Uk MEPs were consistently outvoted by the German and French axis. UK opinion was often isolated and mostly ignored. The idea of a wonderful happy Europe was only ever on German and French terms moving continuously towards a political union. The UK was always the outsider scarcely tolerated.

We were “outsiders” because that was our choice. We constantly tried to cherry pick and bailed out of anything that didn’t suit our own needs. Much bigger countries than us even gave up their currencies, but not us. For some reason we wanted special status. People were falling over themselves to ridicule and belittle the EU and happy to believe the lies peddled by the likes of Johnson and Farage (straight bananas 😂). Now we have people continuing to recycle stereotypes from midway through the last century in an effort to prove they were right all along. What a sad little island this can be at times. Some are very quick to jump all over European politics whilst defending the biggest bunch of crooks running this country since the Kray Twins. Still, at least they are British crooks I guess 😉.
This is Brexit on 11:10 - Jun 25 with 1548 viewsdirk_doone

This is Brexit on 07:30 - Jun 25 by Butty101

I see Germany are dictating to the rest of Europe, about letting holiday makers from the UK in. Personally im glad we are no longer being dictacted to.

There is a great irony there. If we were still in the EU, nobody could have dictated to us that we wouldn't be let in. In fact, we are being dictated to by the EU about so many things now that we can't do that we could before. The EU has never had more control over us than it does now.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

This is Brexit on 17:06 - Jun 25 with 1490 viewskentsouthampton

This is Brexit on 11:10 - Jun 25 by dirk_doone

There is a great irony there. If we were still in the EU, nobody could have dictated to us that we wouldn't be let in. In fact, we are being dictated to by the EU about so many things now that we can't do that we could before. The EU has never had more control over us than it does now.

The thick quitters have yet to cotton on to that.
This is Brexit on 17:26 - Jun 25 with 1483 viewsBazza

This is Brexit on 17:06 - Jun 25 by kentsouthampton

The thick quitters have yet to cotton on to that.

Stopping British holidaymakers from spending our cash in the EU is not their wisest policy, just thick as you might say
This is Brexit on 18:37 - Jun 25 with 1472 viewsDorsetIan

This is Brexit on 17:26 - Jun 25 by Bazza

Stopping British holidaymakers from spending our cash in the EU is not their wisest policy, just thick as you might say

Good to see there’s life in the old ‘they need us more than we need them’ argument.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

This is Brexit on 21:37 - Jun 25 with 1445 viewsBazza

This is Brexit on 18:37 - Jun 25 by DorsetIan

Good to see there’s life in the old ‘they need us more than we need them’ argument.

Hell no, just stating a fact about Uk visitors spending.
Login to get fewer ads

This is Brexit on 23:25 - Jun 25 with 1411 viewsButty101

This is Brexit on 18:37 - Jun 25 by DorsetIan

I think you will find the likes of Portugal are desperate for our money

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

This is Brexit on 23:34 - Jun 25 with 1416 viewskentsouthampton

This is Brexit on 17:26 - Jun 25 by Bazza

You still don't get it, do you? It appears to have flown miles over your head, bless.
This is Brexit on 06:43 - Jun 26 with 1383 viewsBazza

This is Brexit on 23:34 - Jun 25 by kentsouthampton

You still don't get it, do you? It appears to have flown miles over your head, bless.

How rude. What I do get is your continued bitterness 5 years after a democratic vote. Time to move on and make the best of the new situation, surely?
This is Brexit on 08:14 - Jun 26 with 1362 viewsgrumpy

If some think Europe will collapse because we don't go there and buy our English Breakfast or Fish and Chips you're in for a big wake up call.
This is Brexit on 09:48 - Jun 26 with 1329 viewsdirk_doone

This is Brexit on 06:43 - Jun 26 by Bazza

How rude. What I do get is your continued bitterness 5 years after a democratic vote. Time to move on and make the best of the new situation, surely?

We had a democratic vote and voted to remain. Brexiters were bitter about that for years and so demanded another democratic vote. People will always demand more democratic votes until they get what they want but when they eventually do, those who oppose them will demand the same. That's the way democracy works. When you tell the half of the country that disagrees with you that they have to accept what you want forever, that is totalitarianism, not democracy. Opinion polls show that the majority of voters now would vote to remain and that has been the case for the last 5 years. Basically, the majority of people in this country do not think Brexit is a good thing and you are not going to stop them from saying so, just the same as you are not going to stop the Daily Express from telling people every day how terrible the EU is..

This is Brexit on 09:54 - Jun 26 with 1332 viewsBerber

This is Brexit on 23:25 - Jun 25 by Butty101

And Spain
This is Brexit on 09:57 - Jun 26 with 1321 viewsdirk_doone

This is Brexit on 09:54 - Jun 26 by Berber

And Spain

Spain is one of the countries our government has borrowed the most money from.

This is Brexit on 15:16 - Jun 26 with 1283 viewsBazza

This is Brexit on 08:14 - Jun 26 by grumpy

If some think Europe will collapse because we don't go there and buy our English Breakfast or Fish and Chips you're in for a big wake up call.

No of course not. But Spain may go against Merkel ( she’s still hanging on, watch Macron make a power play). Hungary are going against the eu on homosexuality teaching in schools so all is not so perfect in the EU wonderland.
This is Brexit on 06:27 - Jun 29 with 1213 viewsdirk_doone

"The damage done by Brexit equates to a loss of between £400m and £800m a week."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/uk-poorest-nation-per-capita-in-northwest-

This is Brexit on 10:27 - Jun 29 with 1162 viewsBazza

This is Brexit on 06:27 - Jun 29 by dirk_doone

"The damage done by Brexit equates to a loss of between £400m and £800m a week."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/uk-poorest-nation-per-capita-in-northwest-

Recent analysis done by Independent, newspaper journalists so bound to be really realistic eh?
This is Brexit on 11:43 - Jun 29 with 1151 viewsgrumpy

This is Brexit on 10:27 - Jun 29 by Bazza

Recent analysis done by Independent, newspaper journalists so bound to be really realistic eh?

Analysis done by The House of Commons Research Library based on IMF data.
This is Brexit on 11:50 - Jun 29 with 1149 viewsDorsetIan

This is Brexit on 23:25 - Jun 25 by Butty101

And we don't need anything from anyone?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

This is Brexit on 12:25 - Jun 29 with 1133 viewsButty101

This is Brexit on 10:27 - Jun 29 by Bazza

Funnily enough, even though we have been one of the poorest nations for quite some time, no one cared before Brexit....

It’s all there on the imf website
https://www.imf.org/external/datamapper/NGDP_RPCH@WEO/BRA/CIS/GBR/CHE/SWE/ESP/NO

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

This is Brexit on 15:06 - Jun 29 with 1113 viewsBazza

This is Brexit on 12:25 - Jun 29 by Butty101

Funnily enough, even though we have been one of the poorest nations for quite some time, no one cared before Brexit....

It’s all there on the imf website
https://www.imf.org/external/datamapper/NGDP_RPCH@WEO/BRA/CIS/GBR/CHE/SWE/ESP/NO

I was referring to the value allotted to Brexit by the independent journalist, not querying the IMF. Interesting growth rates though of course based on past base levels so perhaps growth easier on lower starting points namely smaller economies?
This is Brexit on 16:48 - Jun 29 with 1090 viewsBerber

This is Brexit on 15:06 - Jun 29 by Bazza

I was referring to the value allotted to Brexit by the independent journalist, not querying the IMF. Interesting growth rates though of course based on past base levels so perhaps growth easier on lower starting points namely smaller economies?

Small to medium sized property development is likely to explode, subject to materials availability, where prices are already rising due to the supply from China shortages (Covid and Suez ships and containers in wrong places).

These developers have been pumping planning approvals through the system like crazy during the last year so that they could get rapid starts as soon as lockdowns ended.
This is Brexit on 20:15 - Jun 29 with 1069 viewsSadoldgit

Prices of raw materials seem to be going up daily at the moment. Wood and steel prices have been going crazy. Materials we import are going up regularly instead of annually. I think we are heading for a long period of high inflation.
This is Brexit on 08:41 - Jul 21 with 886 viewsSalisburySaint

This is Brexit on 20:15 - Jun 29 by Sadoldgit

Prices of raw materials seem to be going up daily at the moment. Wood and steel prices have been going crazy. Materials we import are going up regularly instead of annually. I think we are heading for a long period of high inflation.

Brexit really is going swimmingly, including taking control of our borders !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57911148

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57899239

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57897601
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024