Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shane Long 13:31 - Feb 2 with 949 viewsgrumpy

If his move goes through, I would just like to thank him, for his effort and enthusiasm and not to mention this goal, cheers Shane.

Shane Long on 13:36 - Feb 2 with 931 viewsDorsetIan

Hear, hear

Always working hard. And lovely manner about him.

Best of luck to him.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Shane Long on 14:19 - Feb 2 with 879 viewssaint22

lalalalaaaaaa Shane Long
Agreed and thank you Shane for the fastest ever PL goal too
Shane Long on 14:28 - Feb 2 with 873 viewsTimSaint

Not that many highlights from him, despite the time he has been with us, but for me personally, this is my top 5....

1. Goal away to Liverpool in the cup
2. Performance in the 6-1 win v Villa - 2 goals and 2 assists
3. 7 seconds goal - away to Watford
4. Performance in the 4-0 win v Arsenal - 2 goals, another disallowed and hit post
5. 2-2 draw at Watford - Didn't score but did brilliantly in setting up both goals

Funny that he always used to score against the likes of Newcastle and Aston Villa, but only ever made it to 10 goals for a season, just once.

Also funny that he had a knack of missing glorious chances, none more so that Watford at home last season. We were desperate for a win and got it eventually thanks to a JWP free kick, but before that, Long hit the bar when it was easier to score and had another cleared off the line or hit the post again when it was easier to score. Even against Villa away last season, he put a header over from a yard out !!

Will miss him in a way, but more than willing to give Minamino a chance up top or out wide.

TimSaint

Shane Long on 14:45 - Feb 2 with 850 viewsBerber

Good call, he's been an honest pro wherever he has been, and never fully realised the promise he showed at Reading. The kind of guy you'd want beside you in a bit of bother.
Shane Long on 15:00 - Feb 2 with 835 viewsSonicBoom

It's tough. I can see why people like him as he seems a really nice guy.
I can't quite get past the fact he has been paid millions of pounds for ten minutes at the end of games, where he ran around a bit and fell over a lot.

I agree he scored one very important goal and will always be remembered for that. I think it says more about modern football that plays of his level are walking away as multimillionaires.
Shane Long on 15:08 - Feb 2 with 826 viewsgreen

Well said, too many people quick to slag him off. Scored the most memorable goal of the last ____ years I'd say. He was always praised by his teammates, an honest pro, never hid or shirked a challenge and it's not like he didn't want to score.
Shane Long on 16:38 - Feb 2 with 742 views1885_SFC

It's one of those goals you never get bored of watching!

Old School is Cool

Shane Long on 16:42 - Feb 2 with 735 viewsChesham_Saint

I agree he seems a decent guy. He missed some absolute sitters in his time but he was a good player for Saints. Good luck to him (not that I particularly want the Zimmers to get promoted).

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

Shane Long on 17:29 - Feb 2 with 692 viewskingslandstand1

The down side with him was that bloody song the team walked out to couple of seasons ago
No, always liked him and he did do a lot more than he was given credit for but as has been said, the goal at Anfield has to be the highlight and Reed with an excellent assist
Shane Long on 17:33 - Feb 2 with 684 viewsChesham_Saint

Shane Long on 17:29 - Feb 2 by kingslandstand1

The down side with him was that bloody song the team walked out to couple of seasons ago
No, always liked him and he did do a lot more than he was given credit for but as has been said, the goal at Anfield has to be the highlight and Reed with an excellent assist

You’re absolutely right there Kings. That song was an utter piece of cringeworthy shoite!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Shane Long on 17:34 - Feb 2 with 683 viewskingslandstand1

Have just heard it's confirmed he's gone down the road til the end of the season and likely to feature tonight

Would love him to score providing Wednesday score more
Shane Long on 17:47 - Feb 2 with 668 viewsgrumpy

Shane Long on 17:29 - Feb 2 by kingslandstand1

Sims provided the assist.
Shane Long on 18:11 - Feb 2 with 644 viewsericofarabia

Been a good servant, always given his all, but that turn of pace isn't quite there now and his sub appearances have been futile, although he wasn't given much to work with at all.
I think he will struggle to re - ignite the flame dropping down a tier, and a kick in the gonads being now seen as surplus to requirements.

Best of luck though and hope it does work out for him.
Shane Long on 18:54 - Feb 2 with 597 viewskingslandstand1

Shane Long on 17:47 - Feb 2 by grumpy

Sims provided the assist.

Oh well, close
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024